Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #2251
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
We even had farmers begging the people not to listen to the lues.bunch of big corporate lies...
yeah makes you think all that money threw at it and just to avaoid lableing truth
soo what do you have to hide from everyone that is worth those millions of bucks Monsanto? they are even the ones who make roundup
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #2252

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
they might tell you the eggs are the same and maybe factory eggs are no matter what color, but farm eggs brown are richer heck farm eggs are just better all around but there are differnces in the colors
even your quoted standford study said organic had 30 percent less pesticides and that is a significant amount
GMOs are Genectically Modified Organisms
manure(liquid dooty) is an amazing fertilizer and how crops were fetilized for ever before everyone thinks natural is bad
In all honesty you are not going to know for sure what is in your food unless you raise it and grow it yourself.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #2253

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
But on a good note my living room is shaping up...
my laundry room looks pretty good now IDK maybe if i don't sleep some more the rest of the place might look pretty good too
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #2254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
In all honesty you are not going to know for sure what is in your food unless you raise it and grow it yourself.
that is how i know brown eggs taste better than white and the ones we get raising ourselves taste better than factory farmed
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #2255

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
that is how i know brown eggs taste better than white and the ones we get raising ourselves taste better than factory farmed
Well I guess it is a matter of personal taste. I can't stand the taste of farm eggs,and I grew up eating them. LOL good thing I can't eat them anymore.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #2256

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I remember my brother used to bring home ground beef from a slaughtered cow in the morning.. and I couldn't eat it...I am a big city girl....I know it's just me and sorry if I am offensive, but I can't get passed taking an egg that a chicken is sitting on and then cracking it open for some fried eggs.. sure it tastes delicious I get it.. but it is just my up bringing is all..

So does anyone know what will clean a bathtub..other than scrubbing with a SOS Pad....

Oh boy 1:00 here and sonny boy just woke up LOL!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #2257

Peroxide and Dawn dish soap.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Peroxide and Dawn dish soap.
I need to go the 99 cent store Lonykins...but sonny boy said he would finish the tub when he gets back home....shall I hold my breathe..

He needs to change my shower curtain...it has cars on it..
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #2259

already gettign COLD and that wind is blowing terribly i sure hope that snugglesafe helps Rexie tonight
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #2260

news just said that the county next to us will be out tomorrow because of illness
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #2261

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Today has not been the best day. I ended up getting sick and threw up. I knew as soon as I took the second bite of fish that it wasn't settling well. So I haven't eaten anything today. Then I get up from my nap and find that my ds14 hurt his ankle realy bad playing football in the front yard. Dh took him to the walk in clinic about an hour ago.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Today has not been the best day. I ended up getting sick and threw up. I knew as soon as I took the second bite of fish that it wasn't settling well. So I haven't eaten anything today. Then I get up from my nap and find that my ds14 hurt his ankle realy bad playing football in the front yard. Dh took him to the walk in clinic about an hour ago.
hopefully it will just be a light sprin for our DS and is there special steps you have to take when you get sick like that from food?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #2263

Deb-I'm really not sure cause this is all so new to me. I've only gotten sick 3x so I just kind of take it light for the rest of the day.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #2264

sitting at the college where is everyone this evening?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #2265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Hi Deb - aren't you cold sitting there? How long do you wait for Steven tonight?
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Hi Deb - aren't you cold sitting there? How long do you wait for Steven tonight?
i am not sure if it will be until 9 or 10 when rehearsal schedules are posted i will know more and if it is going to be over 2 hours i will probably go home not cold so far i have my boots and a hoodie and jacket on could not find my gloves plus if needed i have a snuggie and a good scarf if it got too bad i would start the van but i am trying not to there is still that noise and i worry i am going to tear it up KWIM? over 200K miles on my van and Ken and I have to try to get to the VA hearing clinic agzain tomorrow yeah to the mean one but it broke and we gotta do something
what time is your surgery tomorrow? can you see out of your first eye yet?? i am glad you checked in before then
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #2267
Major LCF Poster!

Surgery is 11;45 - sure wish it were earlier, but sure will be glad to get this behind me - especially the eye drops. My eye is good, things are definitely brighter out of it.

Sounds like you are well prepared for the cold. I hope Ken gets some help tomorrow - I think it's just terrible that you have so much trouble with the VA - just should not be that way. Safe travels tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #2268
Major LCF Poster!

Sue - glad to hear that dh's eye surgery went well. Does he have to have the other one done too?

Melinda - as usual your menu sounds so tasty. The cabbage casserole really appeals - I'm always looking for veggie recipes. Might give it a try and cut back on the butter - wonder if it will make a big difference.

The weather here today was beautiful - now it's really getting cold out there.

DS hasn't been home for 2 days. He has put in so many hours working the inauguration, that he ended up staying in the city. Supposed to be home in the wee hours of the morning. Will probably sleep his whole 2 days off. He just called - he's safe - that's all I care about. He's working at the convention center at the balls till 4AM........
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #2269

Quote:
Sue - glad to hear that dh's eye surgery went well. Does he have to have the other one done too?

Melinda - as usual your menu sounds so tasty. The cabbage casserole really appeals - I'm always looking for veggie recipes. Might give it a try and cut back on the butter - wonder if it will make a big difference.

The weather here today was beautiful - now it's really getting cold out there.

DS hasn't been home for 2 days. He has put in so many hours working the inauguration, that he ended up staying in the city. Supposed to be home in the wee hours of the morning. Will probably sleep his whole 2 days off. He just called - he's safe - that's all I care about. He's working at the convention center at the balls till 4AM........
OH WOW! the balls! i have been trying to see if anyone posted her dress yet! i am glad there is internet where i can get it down here
yeah it is mostly just the hearing aid part in knoxville got some really not nice people working there Johnson City is soo much nicer but over 4 hours away that is ok i will be fresh fom growling at steven's school and i already ahve the paper all filled out for that guy at the hearing aide place ,to report him to his boss in johnson city(we told them there last time and they gave me that paper i could not remember the man's name) i will get his name tomorrow and might just record whatever he says to Ken! i hope karma bites his hiney

i am so happy anout your eye! and tomorrow will be easier cause you ahve already done it once!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #2270
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - Michelle's dress is a red Jason Wu - same guy that designed her gown 4 years ago. She looks beautiful - as always. red chiffon with crisscross front - bare arms and low 'v' back. Just watched their dance with Jennifer Hudson singing.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #2271

Quote:
Deb - Michelle's dress is a red Jason Wu - same guy that designed her gown 4 years ago. She looks beautiful - as always. red chiffon with crisscross front - bare arms and low 'v' back. Just watched their dance with Jennifer Hudson singing.
i saw one pic! why isn;t it all over the net? thanks linda i will see the pics tomorrow i wish i had arms like hers! i ike the dress from what i saw!
hope everythimg goes great and your DS gets home to some good rest tonight!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #2272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Deb, you still sitting there waiting on Steven? I went to a special Parish Mission tonight at church. Never been to one so didn't know what to expect. The priests that are visiting are Franciscan Monks from NY. The older man who spoke tonight and did the service was a bit difficult to understand at times with his NY accent and he spoke really fast. LOL It was a good thing. The church was packed! I was surprised. We will see how full it is tomorrow night with the KU-KState game. LOL
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #2273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Surgery is 11;45 - sure wish it were earlier, but sure will be glad to get this behind me - especially the eye drops. My eye is good, things are definitely brighter out of it.

Sounds like you are well prepared for the cold. I hope Ken gets some help tomorrow - I think it's just terrible that you have so much trouble with the VA - just should not be that way. Safe travels tomorrow.
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #2274

Sending best wishes tomorrow Linda...

As for the butter..it wasn't a big deal..I rarely make something like tht..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #2275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Linda....he had the other eye done almost 10 yrs. ago. He is glad this is done and over for good now. Thinking of you tomorrow!!!

Just wanted to say the very best tomatoes we ever grew was when we planted them where there had been chickens. Chicken poop was great fertilizer. We had so many tomatoes set on we couldn't pick them fast enough and they bloomed all the way up into Nov.

Hi to all and to all a good night!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #2276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

My first chance to sit down since I got up. Made the kiddos lunches. Then made fried egg sandwiches, cut up some kiwi and bananas and made milo for breakfasts. I did some leftover things from dinner last night. I like to wash my dishes by hand vs using the dishwasher. But, I am lazy and once my dish drainer gets really full, I stop doing the dishes. Why, you ask. Well, because I hate to dry dishes! Told you I am lazy!I don't mind washing them just can't stand drying them. So anyway, I finished up the dishes this morning and did the breakfast/lunch making things as well. I also went out and started up the car for ds fully expecting that I was going to have to scrape windows but there was no frost! They kept talking about frost and how cold it was going to be last night--leave faucet dripping, open cabinets under sink, etc. So it was a nice surprise to find clean windshields!

Now, I am drinking coffee and looking for the recipe I was going to use for the Boston Butt Pork Roast I bought. I have to take dh and oldest to work this morning as I have to take our Camry in for a recall.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #2277

Good morning. I came in at 7 so I can go to my prayer meeting at 8:30. DS14 is home due to his ankle. No break but a bad strain according to the doctor. Dh has to pick up a special ankle brace today.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #2278

Up and at em and back to the grind....

Good Morning. I just want to steal Kcmama's coffee..Hope you feel better today Chewie.. and I am sorry about your sonny boy.. but the amazing thing is that kids heal so friggen fast...

It is so windy, that no matter how much lotion I put on my skin is dry and itchy...
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #2279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. I came in at 7 so I can go to my prayer meeting at 8:30. DS14 is home due to his ankle. No break but a bad strain according to the doctor. Dh has to pick up a special ankle brace today.
I am sorry to hear about his sprain, Chewie. That is what my ds did to his wrist. It is much better but not completely normal three weeks later. He wore a wrist brace for two weeks. It was easier for him I think as it was his left wrist and he is right handed. I don't know about a foot, do you have crutches for him?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #2280

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I am sorry to hear about his sprain, Chewie. That is what my ds did to his wrist. It is much better but not completely normal three weeks later. He wore a wrist brace for two weeks. It was easier for him I think as it was his left wrist and he is right handed. I don't know about a foot, do you have crutches for him?
No crutches. He'll be fine once he gets his brace.