LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #2221
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
46 ounces of water in along with a pot of coffee. I think I will be doing lots of walking, to the bathroom!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #2222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
It's all about Perspective.

http://i.imgur.com/By9tPxf.jpg
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #2223

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post

HOWDY MONA! how are you?? i hope you are feeling better!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #2224

Quote:

Yes! It'll cool you off no matter how big or small it is.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2225

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
OH wow...Hey Mona.. feeling better today???
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #2226

So I just read a study from Stanford University that they found no difference between regular and organic food.. they tested veggies, meats, all of it...with the exception of exposion to less pesticides..they said that Organic food also carries pesticides..My mother always felt that Organic was no different than store bought.....guess Mom knew best LOL!! Here is a little excerpt...cause I lost the research bar thing I wish I could post a link.. but it's from the Stanford Medical...

her review yielded scant evidence that conventional foods posed greater health risks than organic products. While researchers found that organic produce had a 30 percent lower risk of pesticide contamination than conventional fruits and vegetables, organic foods are not necessarily 100 percent free of pesticides. What’s more, as the researchers noted, the pesticide levels of all foods generally fell within the allowable safety limits.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #2227

organic is not GMO so will always be better in my book
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #2228

I need some upbeat music to download. I would prefer FREE. Anyone know where to get free playlists for working out?????
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Howdy friends. Yea, I'm feeling pretty good today. My hips hurt a little bit but not much. That is not something that is going to go away any time soon though. I would guess it's going to take months of strengthening my pelvic muscles to fix it for good. Seems like such a long road and I get frustrated because there are things I want to do NOW.

The headache I had the other day was from caffeine withdrawl. DH said I couldn't have any....or sugar...or hot showers!!....while my BP was so high. It's been bouncing between about 130 and 170 over 80-100. I don't know why it's fluctuating so much.....maybe this drug just takes a long time to get out of my system. So the lower readings are OK but sometimes when it gets over 160 I'm supposed to take a clonidin and those are the drugs that put me to sleep. You should try it Deb! HAHA just kidding.

Sue I hope your DH's surgery goes well.

I have to go run the D/W, wash my work pants, and brown some ground beef before it rots in the fridge. Have a great day everyone. I might be back to chat more but DH is hoping to play a game with me too and I have to get to bed in only 2.5 hours! LOL. The morning goes by fast.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #2230

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
So I just read a study from Stanford University that they found no difference between regular and organic food.. they tested veggies, meats, all of it...with the exception of exposion to less pesticides..they said that Organic food also carries pesticides..My mother always felt that Organic was no different than store bought.....guess Mom knew best LOL!! Here is a little excerpt...cause I lost the research bar thing I wish I could post a link.. but it's from the Stanford Medical...

her review yielded scant evidence that conventional foods posed greater health risks than organic products. While researchers found that organic produce had a 30 percent lower risk of pesticide contamination than conventional fruits and vegetables, organic foods are not necessarily 100 percent free of pesticides. What’s more, as the researchers noted, the pesticide levels of all foods generally fell within the allowable safety limits.
You would be amazed at what they use on organic stuff. It is pretty much gross! Give me something that is covered in pesticide anyday. Mike worked pesticide for 20 years and he has never had a single problem. No cancer no nothing and he sprayed straight cyinaide on cherries every year.

If you listen to the "experts" you will go nuts. Not long ago they said eggs were bad for you, now they are the perfect food?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
What is GMO?????

For me though if oranges are 5 pounds for a dollar and Organic is 1.99 a pound..I am going with the 5 pounds for a dollar.. I can't afford Organic here... now if I could only grow my own garden.. that would be awesome..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #2232

Quote:
You would be amazed at what they use on organic stuff. It is pretty much gross! Give me something that is covered in pesticide anyday. Mike worked pesticide for 20 years and he has never had a single problem. No cancer no nothing and he sprayed straight cyinaide on cherries every year.

If you listen to the "experts" you will go nuts. Not long ago they said eggs were bad for you, now they are the perfect food?
I really never really thought there was a difference.. my mother told me years ago... they take it from the same place, throw a little dirt on it and call it Organic..

I always thought Organic was a racket.. especially out here in California....that's just my opinion.. and this study from Stanford isn't the first study I have read about it either...

Or even remember when butter was bad?? Do you remember when they said buy brown eggs it's better until it came out that brown eggs and white eggs were the same...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #2233

Quote:
Howdy friends. Yea, I'm feeling pretty good today. My hips hurt a little bit but not much. That is not something that is going to go away any time soon though. I would guess it's going to take months of strengthening my pelvic muscles to fix it for good. Seems like such a long road and I get frustrated because there are things I want to do NOW.

The headache I had the other day was from caffeine withdrawl. DH said I couldn't have any....or sugar...or hot showers!!....while my BP was so high. It's been bouncing between about 130 and 170 over 80-100. I don't know why it's fluctuating so much.....maybe this drug just takes a long time to get out of my system. So the lower readings are OK but sometimes when it gets over 160 I'm supposed to take a clonidin and those are the drugs that put me to sleep. You should try it Deb! HAHA just kidding.

Sue I hope your DH's surgery goes well.

I have to go run the D/W, wash my work pants, and brown some ground beef before it rots in the fridge. Have a great day everyone. I might be back to chat more but DH is hoping to play a game with me too and I have to get to bed in only 2.5 hours! LOL. The morning goes by fast.
Enjoy your day Mona...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #2234

I can't tell you Chewie... I listen to son's Ipod play list from the computer....or I just think and walk...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #2235

Well someone push me towards the rag pile and the kitchen so I can start to clean please please please don't feel like it..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #2236

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
I really never really thought there was a difference.. my mother told me years ago... they take it from the same place, throw a little dirt on it and call it Organic..

I always thought Organic was a racket.. especially out here in California....that's just my opinion.. and this study from Stanford isn't the first study I have read about it either...

Or even remember when butter was bad?? Do you remember when they said buy brown eggs it's better until it came out that brown eggs and white eggs were the same...
LOL it is a lot more than that, but they are allowed to spray liquid dooty on organic.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #2237

uck good lord..
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #2238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
46 ounces of water in along with a pot of coffee. I think I will be doing lots of walking, to the bathroom!

I have been doing a little walking. In the parking lot to and from my car, in the grocery store.....down to the basement to carry down the two cases of water, and then the toilet paper and paper towels. Does that count? I am back from my 3 grocery stores and from picking up youngest from her sleep over. I have put everything away and am eating some reheated leftovers for my lunch.

I couldn't decide whether to buy KC STrip steaks or not. They were 3.99/lb today only. I finally did. I bought the smallest package which had 7 steaks and it was around $23. I did get some good deals, so it was worth it.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #2239

Kcmama.. seriously it seems you don't stop from sun up to it's time to go to sleep.. I admire you so much. I can barely move out of my chair to do anything.. however I did clean my kitchen and I am dusting my living room.. then I got pissed off and now I can't remember why....LOL...onward to my area rug...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #2240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

You are absolutely right!!! Great way of depicting it. I also like that quote:

"Bloom where you are planted."

or "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

and all my life I have always tried my best to go by this axiom:

"Look for the Silver lining."
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #2241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
I am with you there, Deb. I do not want GMO food.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #2242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kcmama.. seriously it seems you don't stop from sun up to it's time to go to sleep.. I admire you so much. I can barely move out of my chair to do anything.. however I did clean my kitchen and I am dusting my living room.. then I got pissed off and now I can't remember why....LOL...onward to my area rug...
For some reason, that just cracked me up! Seriously, I sit down too much. I don't know how I get anything done. Just keep telling myself that I can go sit and read, or knit, etc. after I do such and such. BTW, I watched a movie last night. I went upstairs to do so because I was bored. Dh was working on some photos and watching Hawaii Five-O and I wasn't interested. Tried to get oldest to watch a movie with me but she wasn't in the mood. Then dh had to come upstairs because I had no idea how to work the new tv/blueray system we bought for Christmas. I ended up watching the new Tinkerbell movie. And get this. Dh stayed upstairs and watched it with me!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
For some reason, that just cracked me up! Seriously, I sit down too much. I don't know how I get anything done. Just keep telling myself that I can go sit and read, or knit, etc. after I do such and such. BTW, I watched a movie last night. I went upstairs to do so because I was bored. Dh was working on some photos and watching Hawaii Five-O and I wasn't interested. Tried to get oldest to watch a movie with me but she wasn't in the mood. Then dh had to come upstairs because I had no idea how to work the new tv/blueray system we bought for Christmas. I ended up watching the new Tinkerbell movie. And get this. Dh stayed upstairs and watched it with me!
OH wait is GMO genetically grown food?? cause we had a proposition out here on the ballad, that would have made it illegal not to label it on the package and did you know, is it Monsanto??? the biggest corporation that does it.. dropped like 50 million dollars in here with false advertising and thus people believed it and the proposition was defeated....amazing how people fell to that false advertising...

But I wasn't talking about Genetically grown food.. I was talking about organic farming vs regular farming...

My husband cries during those movies.. OMG don't tell him I told you that...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #2244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MzMelissa
Stats: Highest: 434 restart 343/263/180
WOE: wls, low carb
Start Date: Aug 15, 2010
Hope everyone ia doing great
MzMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #2245

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I need some upbeat music to download. I would prefer FREE. Anyone know where to get free playlists for working out?????
does your library lend MP3s like they lend ebooks?

there is a way to use yahoos download helper and playlist but it is a bit complicated
i don't know of any good new music anyways! the last one i got was one Melinda told me about LET IT ROCK i really liked that one

Last edited by debkeversole; 01-21-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #2246

Quote:

they might tell you the eggs are the same and maybe factory eggs are no matter what color, but farm eggs brown are richer heck farm eggs are just better all around but there are differnces in the colors
even your quoted standford study said organic had 30 percent less pesticides and that is a significant amount
GMOs are Genectically Modified Organisms
manure(liquid dooty) is an amazing fertilizer and how crops were fetilized for ever before everyone thinks natural is bad

Last edited by debkeversole; 01-21-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #2247

Quote:
OH wait is GMO genetically grown food?? cause we had a proposition out here on the ballad, that would have made it illegal not to label it on the package and did you know, is it Monsanto??? the biggest corporation that does it.. dropped like 50 million dollars in here with false advertising and thus people believed it and the proposition was defeated....amazing how people fell to that false advertising...

But I wasn't talking about Genetically grown food.. I was talking about organic farming vs regular farming...

My husband cries during those movies.. OMG don't tell him I told you that...
that is part of it though
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #2248

I am sure your right Deb...even tried to gow my own garden and it flopped. We tried out here to get that food labeled as GMO. But they threw too much money for it not to pass. They had ads saying food prices are going to go up..we were bombarded with those Monsanto ads. they lied and lied. This time they won....hopefully not the next time...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #2249

We even had farmers begging the people not to listen to the llies bunch of big corporate lies...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #2250

But on a good note my living room is shaping up...