Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #2191
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lony, his wrist is better. He has more range of motion but not normal range. I has definitely improved. Oldest is still excited but also discouraged. There is an apartment complex right at the end of our subdivision. Now it was the first one we visited and oldest was shocked at how much it was to rent a studio or a one bedroom==both were in the 600$/mo range. You see, she was comparing to Lawrence, a University town, where the prices were significantly lower. This complex we looked at is conveniently located and two major employers in the area who also bring people from India, etc. have apartments there. It is on a bus route, etc. We looked at two others and though they were a bit lower, by 100$, they are farther away and she would have to have a car, which she does not have. So......still looking. Hoping to get her some place around June.

Youngest is still a sweetheart for the most part. I can't understand how she can be so good in math. She took a version of the ACT that they do here for 8th and 9th graders, called the PLAN/Explore, and she scored a 24 out of 25 on the math. Her reading was a 19, I believe. Her brother just got his ACT scores back and he had a 28 in math. Yay! and a 14 in reading. He said he was really tired and when he turned to the reading part and saw all there was to read, he just went through and randomly colored in answers without reading questions or the material. So his overall score was a 19. I tell you again, he is his own worst enemy!!!!! He refused to do any practice tests. You so can't tell him anything. HELP ME!!!!!! Sorry for the long rant. You are probably sorry that you asked.
Wow! That is super cheap for an apartment. Here they run at least $800 for a one bedroom. I thought when we moved to the middle of nowhere that the housing cost would be lower. Ohhh no. Many years ago there was a huge methane boom in the area and there were people everywhere. After the methane wells shut down everyone left. A lot of people are still praying for the wells to start back up again and they are keeping their land and housing prices sky high.

A single wide trailer in a park is over $100 grand

Your son will figure things out. Some kids just have to take the rough, winding road. I know I did and I am a better person because of it.

I am glad your DD did so well in math. That is one field where there will never be a shortage of jobs!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #2192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Kcmama.. I have been up since 5am... it stinks....and I found out that I was rolling the crescent dough wrong...I thought it would need sauce but the cheese made it nice and moist...

it's 7am...I wanted to sleep in some too.. but it's also windy and my skin is crawling.....

Kcmama.. what is the white chocolate chex mix recipe????????????? I have to have that!!!
Well, let's see if I get it right:

6-7 cups of Rice Chex or Crispex cereal
1/2 large bag of pretzels ( your choice of sticks or twists)
1 cup of peanuts
1 cup of M&Ms (the valentine pink,red, and white will look festive)
2 cups of popcorn (popped of course,)
1 20 oz. package of white almond bark

Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pour all dry ingredients into a VERY LARGE BOWL (I am not kidding, this makes a lot). In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package directions. When melted pour over dry mix and stir to coat well. Pour the mixture out onto cookie sheets to cool/harden/set up. Break apart if necessary after it has cooled. The original recipe also called for miniature marshmallows but my kiddos did not want them in the recipe.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #2193

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Dinner was so good. MIL loved that 5 hour no knead bread. I found it very wet but I guess it was good. She ate more than I've ever seen her eat. I didn't even try any although it sure tasted good. The eggplant stacks I made were delicious---I took the smallest one and almost finished it.

Everyone is off today. The boys have a friend over and they got the new NCAA 13 football game so as soon as the game was over, upstairs they went.

Dh let me sleep in today. I just got up---I'm a sleepyhead. Today I'm not doing much, going to enjoy my paid day off. I sure don't get much of those.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #2194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Wow! That is super cheap for an apartment. Here they run at least $800 for a one bedroom. I thought when we moved to the middle of nowhere that the housing cost would be lower. Ohhh no. Many years ago there was a huge methane boom in the area and there were people everywhere. After the methane wells shut down everyone left. A lot of people are still praying for the wells to start back up again and they are keeping their land and housing prices sky high.

A single wide trailer in a park is over $100 grand

Your son will figure things out. Some kids just have to take the rough, winding road. I know I did and I am a better person because of it.

I am glad your DD did so well in math. That is one field where there will never be a shortage of jobs!
OMG. You are right. I so would have thought prices would have been much better where you are. Are the apartments renting for that amount anyway?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #2195

Sue--prayers for your dh.

Deb--I got a letter about my ds14 having days out he didn't have too. It was days we got him early for dr appt. The girl said that it still counts as out. WHT????

Melinda--I love cabbage but that much butter isn't on my eating plan. There was a lot of yelling here during the game too. DS's friend is a die hard patriot's fan. It was not pretty.

KC--you are so busy. No MLK specials here. Dh just got back from Sam's and got some steaks on special. The boys have been requesting steak. I'm not even going to try it. Dh also got me dumplings and that's what I am looking forward to. I just love those.

Lony--how cold is it? It's 31 now here but yesterday was 60 and I had all the windows open again. Crazy!!!!

Mona---thinking of you girl. Hope the bp and hips are good now.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #2196

Deb--have you tried benadryl or melatonin for sleeping?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2197

Yes, it is crazy! We thought about getting an apartment, but most don't take pets and we can't find one anyway. The only apartments they have for rent are low income and...well we don't qualify anyway.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #2198

Chewie it is 9 right now but today it is going to be sunny and 36. Great day for Fred and I to do some laps. (after it warms up of course)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #2199

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, let's see if I get it right:

6-7 cups of Rice Chex or Crispex cereal
1/2 large bag of pretzels ( your choice of sticks or twists)
1 cup of peanuts
1 cup of M&Ms (the valentine pink,red, and white will look festive)
2 cups of popcorn (popped of course,)
1 20 oz. package of white almond bark

Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pour all dry ingredients into a VERY LARGE BOWL (I am not kidding, this makes a lot). In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package directions. When melted pour over dry mix and stir to coat well. Pour the mixture out onto cookie sheets to cool/harden/set up. Break apart if necessary after it has cooled. The original recipe also called for miniature marshmallows but my kiddos did not want them in the recipe.
OMG that sounds so friggen delicious..I got it saved.. now I just have to ask Lonykins how to melt that almond bark without a microwave...My mouth is literally watering..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #2200

Quote:
Chewie it is 9 right now but today it is going to be sunny and 36. Great day for Fred and I to do some laps. (after it warms up of course)
Yikes, that really cold.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #2201

Quote:
Jeese what a heatwave!!!! it's going to be 83 today...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #2202

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Deb.. Can't Steven go to the office and take care of it.. Or is it a parent thing????? I am just curious...because wow it seems dumb for you to go all the way down there for their lousy ass mistake..
i am all the way there several times a day anyways and he has to have a parent note
they will intimidate him not so with me
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #2203

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post

Deb--I got a letter about my ds14 having days out he didn't have too. It was days we got him early for dr appt. The girl said that it still counts as out. WHT????

Melinda--I love cabbage but that much butter isn't on my eating plan. There was a lot of yelling here during the game too. DS's friend is a die hard patriot's fan. It was not pretty.

KC--you are so busy. No MLK specials here. Dh just got back from Sam's and got some steaks on special. The boys have been requesting steak. I'm not even going to try it. Dh also got me dumplings and that's what I am looking forward to. I just love those.

Lony--how cold is it? It's 31 now here but yesterday was 60 and I had all the windows open again. Crazy!!!!

OMG at one point...there was a flag thrown and hubs and I were saying something and my kid goes wait I want to hear the announcer and then I didn't speak to him for a good while and then I said to him.. that was literally telling me to shut up and you will never speak those words to me again...not for anything, not even if I am 80 and your 43.....you hear me??? and he apologized.. Then he gives me a great big hug and says look I want to tell you something he said Matt asked me to go and watch the game with him.. and I said no I would rather watch the game with my Mom...and I said while that is nice.. that still will never happen again...telling me to wait like that...OMG during the super bowl...if he is here.. I am going to read a book....my son loves the hype.. and he is going to watch all of it in 2 weeks...those Chex Mix that Kcmama gave me the recipe to, well be fantastic...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i am all the way there several times a day anyways and he has to have a parent note
they will intimidate him not so with me
I see...I just know thankfully at my son's school, he can handle most everything....which saves me a trip...

My son still doesn't know that my husband called the band teacher and told him off.. if he ever finds out boy I don't know what he would do.. but we aren't going to tell him right now.. maybe when I am bouncing my grandbaby on my knee!!!! LOL
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #2205

Quote:
Deb--have you tried benadryl or melatonin for sleeping?
dudes i have tried benedryl(which one usually knocks me completely out!) tylenol PM i even took a whole ativan night before last!(and half of one has me snoozing for hours) this is soo weird!
i gotta check the checkbook and see if i have some extra to get that one called"SLEEP" it has melatonin and a few other things in it IDK i have tried the hot bath the relaxing music i always read before sleep it is just soo strange usually i can sleep anywhere usually hav ae a hard time staying awake
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #2206

Chewie.. I had to laugh.. benadryl once put me to sleep for 22 straight hours LOL.. but I was sick on top of that.. LOL...

I used a whole head of large cabbage and a bunch of leeks.. and then I used real cream instead of milk.. but boy it sure was good...I supposed I could have cut down on the butter.. but the bottom line is, it came out like a cabbage and leek quiche, and I probably could have used 2 tablespoons of butter to saute it...but it was the first time making it..and I didn't know.. what I really liked about it was the the veggies came out sweet...

Ok I am going to finish my 30 minutes.. and then weigh in.... then I am going to think about moving my big booty and start cleaning the kitchen...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #2207

Quote:
OMG that sounds so friggen delicious..I got it saved.. now I just have to ask Lonykins how to melt that almond bark without a microwave...My mouth is literally watering..
Double boiler! Or put it in the crock pot.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #2208

Deb... my girly friend.. which reminds me I need to call her.. uses that Tylenol PM to sleep....
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #2209

Quote:
Double boiler! Or put it in the crock pot.
OH wow the crockpot or a double broiler.. got it.. you are a life savor.. cherry cause that's my favorite!!

By the way.. of course a question.. do you put cream with it.. or just the bark???
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2210

Quote:
dudes i have tried benedryl(which one usually knocks me completely out!) tylenol PM i even took a whole ativan night before last!(and half of one has me snoozing for hours) this is soo weird!
i gotta check the checkbook and see if i have some extra to get that one called"SLEEP" it has melatonin and a few other things in it IDK i have tried the hot bath the relaxing music i always read before sleep it is just soo strange usually i can sleep anywhere usually hav ae a hard time staying awake
You know what works for me when I can't sleep? I get out and walk my buns off. The excercise and the sunshine make me sleep like a baby.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #2211

i put the last load in and vacuumed the laundry room Ken took the santa shower curtain down in the little bathroom looks kinda bleak in there now
got one more box of stuff put up in the attic
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #2212

i haven't went walking for about a year
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #2213

i did fold laundry at about 3 am the other night
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #2214

Quote:

I just bought a bag of 26 potstickers.. that is my bag right now.. I love those... but I gotta check the WW points on them.. otherwise I could down a ton..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #2215

Quote:
i haven't went walking for about a year
Well you know what I would say to that?

What the heck are your legs broke?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #2216

Quote:
Deb... my girly friend.. which reminds me I need to call her.. uses that Tylenol PM to sleep....
FYI: tylenol is very bad on the kidneys. If someone uses it daily, it can impact them negatively.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #2217

the rest of me is every step is harder and harder by myself
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #2218

Deb, I don't know what to tell ya. Something is going to have to click one day an you will overcome all the negative. Once you do, you will be amazed at the sheer wonder of life. Hang in there

Last edited by Lony; 01-21-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #2219

46 ounces of water in along with a pot of coffee. I think I will be doing lots of walking, to the bathroom!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #2220

Quote:
FYI: tylenol is very bad on the kidneys. If someone uses it daily, it can impact them negatively.
I don't use it... but I didn't know that.. thanks for the info...if my knees or back need it I take 2 aleve....or aspirin....I have never taken sleep medication before.. but I have heard good ole Cognac does the trick too!