Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #2161
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
ham out of the oven and so is the cake letting it cool before i frost it everyone has towels nad clothes and socks for the week!

i hope i can sleep tonight
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #2162

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Sue I am so serious, I had about 8 of them and then Sony boy came out of the bedroom LOL....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #2163

Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #2164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Well, Melinda, has there been a lot of whoopin' and hollerin' in your house tonight? Sonny boy happy with the Ravens' win?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #2165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
ham out of the oven and so is the cake letting it cool before i frost it everyone has towels nad clothes and socks for the week!

i hope i can sleep tonight
When is this party? Why are you worried about not sleeping tonight?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, Melinda, has there been a lot of whoopin' and hollerin' in your house tonight? Sonny boy happy with the Ravens' win?
KCmama, I bet you can just imagine...., now I am stuck for over an hour watching every single interview....LOL....pretty crappy though, the Patriot coach won't allow himself to be interviewed. Good lord what a big baby.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #2167

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning Sunshines. Happy Monday!

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakie. Time to shake your grove thing.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #2168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Waiting for my coffee to be ready. Ds has left for swim practice. I will shower and dress after coffee so I can hit the MLK day specials at the grocery stores. There are some good specials at all 3 of the stores I frequent so looks like I will have to do all three stores. One of them has dozen eggs for .98 and as I am down to my last 2-3 eggs in the carton I definitely want to get that one. I think Aldi has them normally priced at $1.59/doz. so it is a good price as far as prices go these days. It is cold again today.

Lony, how was the shooting range? Did you hit all your targets?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #2169

KCmama wow at regular price your eggs are a steal for me.. in the grocery store, they are over 3 bucks a carton.. that's why I run to the 99 cent store for eggs...we don't have MLK deals here.. heaven forbid the little people should save a few pennies....

Lonykins Lonykins La La Lonykins.. Good Morning Friend....I am starting my walking again today...I did a little bit before coming on here.. but I am going to walk in increments until I get to at least 30.. better turn me on some tunes, before everyone gets up.. I am going to turn on My Chemical Romance and Rise Against... and move my legs and walk.. jeese I feel silly today...

Anywhoey Doey...Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

My dinner came out so delicious yesterday OMG what an OINK OINK OINK...I didn't even get to Ricotta Meatballs I made...but I did take one bite of meatball and I put it back in the pan!!! LOLOLOLOL....But for those of you who love cabbage as I do.. this was so good....I didn't use onions, I used leek instead because it's not as harsh on my tummy as white onions..

Cabbage Casserole

1/2 cup
(1 stick) butter plus butter for dish
1 medium-size
head green cabbage (about 2 -/2 pounds), cored and thinly sliced
1 large
onion, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups
milk
eggs, lightly beaten
salted crackers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon
salt
1/4 teaspoon
black pepper

Directions
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 10-cup casserole dish.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in large pot. Add cabbage and onion; cook over medium heat until softened, about 20 minutes. Stir in milk; bring to boiling. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Let cool slightly.
Gently stir in eggs. Add 1/2 cup crushed crackers, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Dust top evenly with remaining crushed crackers.
Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.

Nutrition information
Per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 183 mg, Sodium 542 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

It didn't copy and paste very well.. I used cream instead of milk...it was so good and so sweet..Delish...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #2170

Then I did this recipe, where I made fresh green beans and carrots...cooked them.. mixed with cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and cheese, it said swiss but I used Moz.. and then you throw it in a baking dish and you add those onions you use for that Thanksgiving green bean casserole.. however I used cracker crumbs....and threw that in the oven. I didn't get to taste it but they both said it was delicious...

OMG then I played with Crescent dough and Grand biscuit Dough LOL!!! for the grand dough, I rolled it out with an actual rolling pin!!! and put a package of pepperoni and Moz cheese and rolled like a burrito.. man that was heaven...I didn't even make a sauce to dip it in...I really didn't finish on time with the cooking and I don't know why.. maybe too much food, don't know.. anyway I took the crescent roll dough rolled that sucker out.. well split it in two and then rolled one out and just put chocolate chips in it.. and the other I put chocolate chips and diet strawberry jam...... they both said it tasted like it came from a pasty shop.. so next week I got the crescent roll dough reduced in fat and I am going to make a WW recipe from that... that a very dear friend gave me the recipe for...

So ok I better get up and walk it all off!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #2171

Good morning Kcmama. It sounds like you have a busy day planned.

I had fun at the range. The wind kicked up and it got a little cold but I managed to hit all my targets Thank you so much for asking.

How is the Ds's wrist doing? Is the oldest DD still excited about finding an apartment? How is the little DD?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #2172

Good Morning Melinda McWalkingPants! Your cabbage sounds good and I don't care much for cabbage!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #2173

LOLOL really neither do these 2 either LOL!!! but I figured I am worth it LOL!! Ms LONYKINS LONYKINS LONYKINS LONYKINS LONYKINS LONYKINS!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #2174

Quote:
When is this party? Why are you worried about not sleeping tonight?
i hadn't slept for the previous 2 nights and add one more to it i got maybe an hour last night IDK what is going on
and i just made a reg cake to have for the guys to eat no party unless you are talking about Superbowl and Ken's friends 50th birthday?

laundry going this load and one more should have it all DONE!dishwasher going my sink is SHINY! got my COFFEE! Started Jambalaya
Steven has no HS classes today but still has his college bio class at 1 and then rehearsal at 8 pm tonight

and ugh got a letter from the school Sat saying Steven has missed 2 unexcused days and will be truant soon! well i will be going down there tomorrow and giving them a piece of my mind he missed one day when we had to go to johnson city and the doctor there even wrote him an excuse and they took it! soo i don't have that now and then he missed thursday and there was no school friday for me to send a note
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #2175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Monday morning....
it's cold here this morning! Burrrrrrr!
Heading over with hubs later for his cataract surgery.
Melinda your cabbage recipe looks great. But then again what wouldn't with a stick of butter in it!!!!!!!!!!Yum! I bet Paula D. would love it also.
I am fighting myself with wanting sweets. I hate it when I want nothing but sweets.
Have a great day everyone.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #2176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good Monday morning....
Melinda your cabbage recipe looks great. But then again what wouldn't with a stick of butter in it!!!!!!!!!!Yum! I bet Paula D. would love it also.
I am fighting myself with wanting sweets. I hate it when I want nothing but sweets.
hoping surgery goes great!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #2177

Quote:
Good Monday morning....
Sending healing glitter to the hubs. I am sure the surgery will go well.

Sue when the sweets bug hits me I make some sugar free jello with cream cheese and put some whipped cream on top. Works like a charm.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #2178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
KCmama, I bet you can just imagine...., now I am stuck for over an hour watching every single interview....LOL....pretty crappy though, the Patriot coach won't allow himself to be interviewed. Good lord what a big baby.
Yeah, I bet he was watching. We would have been doing exactly the same thing here. LOL I didnt really care who won the Ravens or Patriots. Here is my take on the coach declining the interview. I always have wondered why the sportscasters need to interview the coach that lost.Do we have a fascination with watching others suffer? Like the mobs who would attend executions/hangings?

It is almost like interviewing family members of someone who was killed--pointless-- and they ask such stupid questions--how do you feel about it? Well, how do you think they feel about it?! why do you think you lost? Wouldn't it be hysterical if in response to why they lost the coach said, "Well, at the beginning of the season, we flip coins to see who is going to win each game and then we rig the game so that it ends like the coin flip at the beginning of the season. We lost the coin toss so....." etc. Or, "Well, I believe that God is in control and we lost because it was his plan. If you want the exact details I suggest you interview God."

What is wrong with just interviewing the happy folks and leaving those in pain alone to talk about it later down the road when they are ready to talk about it? Eventually I am sure the coach of the Patriots will talk about the loss yesterday but probably not for a while. When I am upset I can't think clearly or form very coherent responses, perhaps he is the same way. He needs time to put things in perspective before speaking about them. Heaven only knows how all the sportscasters would have reacted if he said something inappropriate due to his feelings. I know when the Jayhawks won the National Title I wasn't really interested in hearing from the coach of the losing team. Sorry, but it is true. I can empathize too much with the losing team and I didn't want to feel sad, I wanted to enjoy the celebrations of the winning team. I was like your sonny boy and I just wanted to hear more from our players, our coach, and watch the team celebrating. We switched from one channel to another and watched the celebrations many times. Anyhow, all this to say that we should give the guy a break because as the old Indian saying goes we shouldn't judge someone without walking a day in his mocassins. At least that is what my mom always used to tell us
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #2179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KCmama wow at regular price your eggs are a steal for me.. in the grocery store, they are over 3 bucks a carton.. that's why I run to the 99 cent store for eggs...we don't have MLK deals here.. heaven forbid the little people should save a few pennies....

Lonykins Lonykins La La Lonykins.. Good Morning Friend....I am starting my walking again today...I did a little bit before coming on here.. but I am going to walk in increments until I get to at least 30.. better turn me on some tunes, before everyone gets up.. I am going to turn on My Chemical Romance and Rise Against... and move my legs and walk.. jeese I feel silly today...

Anywhoey Doey...Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

My dinner came out so delicious yesterday OMG what an OINK OINK OINK...I didn't even get to Ricotta Meatballs I made...but I did take one bite of meatball and I put it back in the pan!!! LOLOLOLOL....But for those of you who love cabbage as I do.. this was so good....I didn't use onions, I used leek instead because it's not as harsh on my tummy as white onions..

Cabbage Casserole

1/2 cup
(1 stick) butter plus butter for dish
1 medium-size
head green cabbage (about 2 -/2 pounds), cored and thinly sliced
1 large
onion, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups
milk
eggs, lightly beaten
salted crackers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon
salt
1/4 teaspoon
black pepper

Directions
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 10-cup casserole dish.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in large pot. Add cabbage and onion; cook over medium heat until softened, about 20 minutes. Stir in milk; bring to boiling. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Let cool slightly.
Gently stir in eggs. Add 1/2 cup crushed crackers, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Dust top evenly with remaining crushed crackers.
Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.

Nutrition information
Per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 183 mg, Sodium 542 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

It didn't copy and paste very well.. I used cream instead of milk...it was so good and so sweet..Delish...
Oh, thanks for this, Melinda it looks yummy.

I am impressed that you are already walking! Heavens, what time is it over there? I am still sitting in the recliner!!! Being lazy as usual.....
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #2180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Then I did this recipe, where I made fresh green beans and carrots...cooked them.. mixed with cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and cheese, it said swiss but I used Moz.. and then you throw it in a baking dish and you add those onions you use for that Thanksgiving green bean casserole.. however I used cracker crumbs....and threw that in the oven. I didn't get to taste it but they both said it was delicious...

OMG then I played with Crescent dough and Grand biscuit Dough LOL!!! for the grand dough, I rolled it out with an actual rolling pin!!! and put a package of pepperoni and Moz cheese and rolled like a burrito.. man that was heaven...I didn't even make a sauce to dip it in...I really didn't finish on time with the cooking and I don't know why.. maybe too much food, don't know.. anyway I took the crescent roll dough rolled that sucker out.. well split it in two and then rolled one out and just put chocolate chips in it.. and the other I put chocolate chips and diet strawberry jam...... they both said it tasted like it came from a pasty shop.. so next week I got the crescent roll dough reduced in fat and I am going to make a WW recipe from that... that a very dear friend gave me the recipe for...

So ok I better get up and walk it all off!!!!
You are killing me with all these crescent roll recipes!! I don't make sauces to dip in either. I think they taste great as they are with the various fillings. I think you could put just about anything in a crescent roll and it would be delicious, don't you? They are so good. Sinful. It was all I could do to not allow myself to eat more than two of the pizza ones I did yesterday. But I wanted more. I sure did!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #2181

KCmama....I disagree, big deal, so the coach can come and say the usual politcally correct things.. they played a better game etc etc...as per usual they forget there are die hard fans, sports fans, that really want to hear from them...it's not a big deal to come on and answer a few questions. I wouldn't equate a football game with a tragedy.. with a tragedy I agree, at times when tragedies happen, they push microphones in people's faces... unreal.. but a football is different.. it's just a game and they get payed millions of dollars for the good times and the bad times.. I am not going to coddle sports figures and the coaches.. to me that was truly a rude thing to do with the fans...I don't care about the coach's feelings.. I care about the cost of the tickets to go and the people who support the sport.. they deserved a comment from him....even his royal hinus Tom Brady came out and spoke to the media.. that's what you do...My son did want to hear from the losing coach as well.. he honestly did...as for the football game, I could care less too LOLOLOLOL!! but it sure makes living in this house better for me..

I am a Die Hard UCLA Fan...so I undersand how my son feels...
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #2182

Kcmama.. I have been up since 5am... it stinks....and I found out that I was rolling the crescent dough wrong...I thought it would need sauce but the cheese made it nice and moist...

it's 7am...I wanted to sleep in some too.. but it's also windy and my skin is crawling.....

Kcmama.. what is the white chocolate chex mix recipe????????????? I have to have that!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #2183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning Kcmama. It sounds like you have a busy day planned.

I had fun at the range. The wind kicked up and it got a little cold but I managed to hit all my targets Thank you so much for asking.

How is the Ds's wrist doing? Is the oldest DD still excited about finding an apartment? How is the little DD?
Lony, his wrist is better. He has more range of motion but not normal range. I has definitely improved. Oldest is still excited but also discouraged. There is an apartment complex right at the end of our subdivision. Now it was the first one we visited and oldest was shocked at how much it was to rent a studio or a one bedroom==both were in the 600$/mo range. You see, she was comparing to Lawrence, a University town, where the prices were significantly lower. This complex we looked at is conveniently located and two major employers in the area who also bring people from India, etc. have apartments there. It is on a bus route, etc. We looked at two others and though they were a bit lower, by 100$, they are farther away and she would have to have a car, which she does not have. So......still looking. Hoping to get her some place around June.

Youngest is still a sweetheart for the most part. I can't understand how she can be so good in math. She took a version of the ACT that they do here for 8th and 9th graders, called the PLAN/Explore, and she scored a 24 out of 25 on the math. Her reading was a 19, I believe. Her brother just got his ACT scores back and he had a 28 in math. Yay! and a 14 in reading. He said he was really tired and when he turned to the reading part and saw all there was to read, he just went through and randomly colored in answers without reading questions or the material. So his overall score was a 19. I tell you again, he is his own worst enemy!!!!! He refused to do any practice tests. You so can't tell him anything. HELP ME!!!!!! Sorry for the long rant. You are probably sorry that you asked.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #2184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i hadn't slept for the previous 2 nights and add one more to it i got maybe an hour last night IDK what is going on
and i just made a reg cake to have for the guys to eat no party unless you are talking about Superbowl and Ken's friends 50th birthday?

laundry going this load and one more should have it all DONE!dishwasher going my sink is SHINY! got my COFFEE! Started Jambalaya
Steven has no HS classes today but still has his college bio class at 1 and then rehearsal at 8 pm tonight

and ugh got a letter from the school Sat saying Steven has missed 2 unexcused days and will be truant soon! well i will be going down there tomorrow and giving them a piece of my mind he missed one day when we had to go to johnson city and the doctor there even wrote him an excuse and they took it! soo i don't have that now and then he missed thursday and there was no school friday for me to send a note
Well, you have had a very productive morning! We have no school either but ds had morning swim practice at 8:00 anyway. You may need to try that new Nyquil Zzzzz soon!

Ugh on the school absences. Have you checked the days in question and those are the two days? How did they get the letter out so fast to you if he missed school on Thurs and there was no school on Friday? Weird? Good luck getting that taken care of tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #2185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Monday morning....
Praying for a good outcome for the dh! Have a good day.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #2186

Deb...I agree good luck with that....maybe something crossed or something...doesn't seem like he misses that much school.....more aggravation..
Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #2187

Sue.. I am going in the office.. hubs had the cataract surgery and he was fine.. he even wanted to drive home.. it was an outpatient...it was so funny, he was so out of it and wanted to drive LOL.. but he recovered just fine. I am sending bunches of good vibes to you...
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #2188

Quote:
Well, you have had a very productive morning! We have no school either but ds had morning swim practice at 8:00 anyway. You may need to try that new Nyquil Zzzzz soon!

Ugh on the school absences. Have you checked the days in question and those are the two days? How did they get the letter out so fast to you if he missed school on Thurs and there was no school on Friday? Weird? Good luck getting that taken care of tomorrow.
they have to be LOL Steven isn't one who would skip class and i am there to drop him off and pick him up and on days he has college i pick him up at noon as well and return him at 2 there is no way he could have been absent on any other day without me knowing

one time they called and asked where he was and i t=old them he was there at school she checked and yeah he was right in class where he was supposed to be if she had not called me back in the 15 minutes i gave her i was headed out the dorr to raise heck Mommie don't play that!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #2189

Kcmama.. I found a recipe...Chex Cereal is on sale here this week... I bought sonny boy a box of chocolate ones...

Ok time for coffee!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #2190

Quote:
they have to be LOL Steven isn't one who would skip class and i am there to drop him off and pick him up and on days he has college i pick him up at noon as well and return him at 2 there is no way he could have been absent on any other day without me knowing

one time they called and asked where he was and i t=old them he was there at school she checked and yeah he was right in class where he was supposed to be if she had not called me back in the 15 minutes i gave her i was headed out the dorr to raise heck Mommie don't play that!
Deb.. Can't Steven go to the office and take care of it.. Or is it a parent thing????? I am just curious...because wow it seems dumb for you to go all the way down there for their lousy ass mistake..