Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning everyone. Get to go home in 2 hours, then I get 3 days off. Yes! I was going to take down the Christmas decorations at work (which I put up around a month ago) but my back hurts and I just don't feel like it.

Going to try and take down the tree and all the misc. decorations at home sometime during my time off.

You know it's strange to hear some of the mothers on our board talking about all the work they are putting in on doing college applications for their kids and all the misc. paperwork involved. My mom never even asked if I wanted to go to college. She didn't care about anything in my life really, when I was in school. Never asked to see report cards. Wasn't very involved at all.
Mona, I am so sorry! I cannot even imagine as a parent not being interested in how my kid is doing in school or whether they're going to college. This is very sad. Despite your mom's disinterest, you have figured it all out on your own. You have a great career. And most importantly, you are a wonderful human being.

Same thing happened with DH and his parents. They never talked to him about college and to this day he regrets that there was nobody there for him when the time came for advice or general parental support. Both his parents were absentee parents. He has had to work a string of blue-collar jobs, as you can see most of them night shift, and he would've done really great in college because he is very smart. He tried to go to college and work at the same time soon after we got married, but that didn't work out. Poor thing was falling asleep in his car in the parking lot of the college after a night shift. So it's important for the kids to know that they need to take care of college right now while they don't have a lot of responsibilities.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #182

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I think the deadline is 31 January or something like that. At least that's what my boy told me.
Well jeese.. I will have to have my hubs call the tax man.. I hate that guy..so my hubs will have to call him for the numbers....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #183

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
No actually is is about 20 below there, but it would be a different division he is working for so the temps don't matter.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #184

Ok I am going to kidnap KCmama.. cause she is good with these things LOLOL!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No actually is is about 20 below there, but it would be a different division he is working for so the temps don't matter.
Good Lord... I can't believe there is actual people living in 20 below..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #186

Boy, going over the posts and responding is taking forever! My kitty is very playful today and he insists on jumping on top of the computer desk and trying to chew off the mouse wires. No matter how many times I take him off the computer desk, he immediately returns and it's been going on and on and on for the past 45 minutes. So in the end, I had to use the laser pointer and lured him into the laundry room where he is currently detained so I can take care of some computer stuff.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #187

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Deb--we always leave the tree up till Jan 7--usually later. MIL still celebrates Ukrainian Christmas which is Jan 7. Actually, we are going to her house for dinner on Sunday, Jan 6, which is her Christmas eve. She is making homemade pierogis and all kinds of fish. Again, another Christmas eve we don't eat meat. So no cooking for us on Sunday, woohoo!!!!
oooh sounds soo GOOD! will you be able to have part of a pierogi??
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #188

Quote:
EEK! We haven't received the W-2s yet!
i am guesstimating using Ken's last check stub
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #189

Quote:
So I guess the hubs is not leaving. And they are not going back to Colorado till Feb because it is too cold up there. Nice. I guess he will be going to South Dakota but his off time starts next wednesday so who knows.
wow! that is the longest he has been home since you guys moved isn't it??
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #190

Ok I am done for awhile.. I am gonna figure out what to cook for dinner.. I know early but I have to pack it for hub's lunch...too...

Don't tell but my son has been eating like a bottomless pit....I think he ate a whole box of frozen waffles the night before...

There is a small place up the block that sells Chili Cheese Fries.. and no one wanted the change from Vegas.. so I snatched it up an put it in my ashtray in the car...for just in case.. so he went in there and got himself 3.50 for chili cheese fries.. I tried to tell him not to do that. due to his stomach.. but good thing he isn't going to school until next week..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #191

Quote:
We got nada from fafsa. Hope you are more successful. We were lucky and ds got his class ring the end of sophomore year. We paid it in 2 payments, a deposit and then the balance upon pick up. It is really a nice ring although when going through the school, it's pricey.
Chewie, that sucks! I don't know if and what were going to get from FAFSA. I hope we get something. But both DH and I work full time so I don't know what you think. Everything having to do with graduation is so pricey! Glad at least you got the ring.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #192

Quote:
Good morning. Hump day. I'm at work, a bit perturbed about this whole hourly pay cut and all. Plus now I have to write out my hours. Grrrr Oh well, it should just motivate me to move on faster, right?

Dinner yesterday was really nice. The pork was awesome--we marinated it in a balsamic vinegar marinade---it was a little sweet but so moist. Plus dh's hopping john was great. Baked a frozen cherry pie for their dessert. I had a cup of decaf coffee for dessert.

NSV: I have on a blouse that I could never fit in. Bought it a few months ago at a thrift store.
Firstly, congratulations on the non-scale victory! It's awesome to fit in clothes that have been sitting around for so long!

Yes, the people in the church are making things for you so uncomfortable and unfair that I think it will give you an impetus to move on. When are you going to start looking?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I have friends who ordered their invitations from Costco. Can you check someplace like Vista Print or some such online to see if they would be cheaper? I am thinking that the minimum order may have been 25 with Josten's 4 years ago but Chewie just went through this last year so she may have more up to date info. My son and daughter both elected not to get class rings. Yay!
oooh that vista print has like 10 for 8 bucks thank you!!! i will have Steven see what he thinks when he comes in this evening

SIGH Steven doesnt much care about the class ring wither but dang he has to have something from HS he doesn't have yearbooks pictures running around with friends or goi g to games and stuff IDK
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Lord you guys are so lucky... I am going to stop breathing if sonny boy goes to Syracuse...and I can't believe how much my son wants to live on campus...he wants out of here... he told me it's not in a bad way...he just has the ambition to basically you know leave the nest... which is better for me really.. cause I want to keep him here locked up...!!! until he pisses me off LOL!!

Elizakins...with my heart...I hope and pray that your sonny boy doesn't cross that path....I hate wars...I really do..
Thank you!

When do you think you guys are going to hear back from the colleges? Is it going to be a while? Then you will know for sure. But if he wants to live on campus will be out of the house anyway.

I told my kid to live at home at least in the beginning so he can save some money. Now we have to start looking into getting him a decent stable car and insurance. It will be embarrassing for his parents to drop him off and pick him up from college.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #195

Quote:
May I ask what you need invitations/announcements for????

oh wow some people throw parties right?? for the graduate...he will be lucky if I can take him to Carrows....
he more than likely won't have a party heck just me him and Ken?/ but don't they do graduation announcements there?(money asking is basically what they are though LOL)
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #196

Quote:
My GOD 50 bucks???? USC was 75 bucks!!! it cost me 450.00....though I think Cal Luthern, he said was like 30...

Elizakins.. I am so depressed...I knew this day was coming..and you know how I feel...my son unless he has to go to Junior college first...is planning on living on campus and not be home with me for another few years...

I was thinking the other day.. that my kid thinks he knows it all, maybe he is ready for the life lessons coming his way!!! LOL..
My dear friend, do not be depressed. Sonny boy will probably go to college someplace close by and even if he lives in the dorms, he will be home often. You will still enjoy your time with him. Plus, you know he will miss both of you and miss home and mom's cooking and conversation with mom and dad.So I think that he will be spending time at home more than you expect.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #197

Quote:
My GOD 50 bucks???? USC was 75 bucks!!! it cost me 450.00....though I think Cal Luthern, he said was like 30...

Elizakins.. I am so depressed...I knew this day was coming..and you know how I feel...my son unless he has to go to Junior college first...is planning on living on campus and not be home with me for another few years...

I was thinking the other day.. that my kid thinks he knows it all, maybe he is ready for the life lessons coming his way!!! LOL..
My dear friend, do not be depressed. Sonny boy will probably go to college someplace close by and even if he lives in the dorms, he will be home often. You will still enjoy your time with him. Plus, you know he will miss both of you and miss home and mom's cooking and conversation with mom and dad.So I think that he will be spending more time at home than you expect.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #198

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oooh sounds soo GOOD! will you be able to have part of a pierogi??
Yes, probably a part but will concentrate more on protein.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #199

Quote:
Boy, going over the posts and responding is taking forever! My kitty is very playful today and he insists on jumping on top of the computer desk and trying to chew off the mouse wires. No matter how many times I take him off the computer desk, he immediately returns and it's been going on and on and on for the past 45 minutes. So in the end, I had to use the laser pointer and lured him into the laundry room where he is currently detained so I can take care of some computer stuff.
I know it gets annoying but it sounds so cute.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #200

Quote:
when do you go back to school?
Back on Monday the 7th. There is such thing as too much free time. I get in trouble.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #201

Quote:
Good Lord... I can't believe there is actual people living in 20 below..
Ruth/Alaskanlaughter who used to post here went to school unless it was 50 below
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #202

Quote:
You know what is so funny about my son, agitating to the max actually.. is that if I told him to do something, you have to remind him a 1000 times.. but I didn't know this.. and coincidentally we were talking about Fafsa here....I told myself I would remind him today.. cause he was the one who mentioned that his counselor told him, to start the process with it.. anyway.. this morning my hubs said to me that my son had started filling it out last night/early this morning, after I went to sleep.. but boy I can't get him to move on doing anything, not related to his interests..but thankfully he has started...I told hubs as soon as we get everything to do with the taxes we have to get it done..
I think we have the same kid! I am so glad he has started the FAFSA.....I need to remind my kid to get it going or just fill it our myself.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #203

Quote:
Thank you!

When do you think you guys are going to hear back from the colleges? Is it going to be a while? Then you will know for sure. But if he wants to live on campus will be out of the house anyway.

I told my kid to live at home at least in the beginning so he can save some money. Now we have to start looking into getting him a decent stable car and insurance. It will be embarrassing for his parents to drop him off and pick him up from college.
NAH happens to kids all the time a lot of colleges on't even let frshmen especailly bring vehicles
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #204

Quote:
OFF to do more Ashley said Steven can borrow the cap and gown!
How pretty! Lony, did you see his skull and crossbones collar charm?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #205

Treasurer came in to do some computer stuff and bugged me for over 60 minutes. GRRRR Now I came home for lunch and ate too fast and feel sick. GRRRRRR Just cause I was annoyed. Second time I've done it.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #206

Quote:
Deb--we always leave the tree up till Jan 7--usually later. MIL still celebrates Ukrainian Christmas which is Jan 7. Actually, we are going to her house for dinner on Sunday, Jan 6, which is her Christmas eve. She is making homemade pierogis and all kinds of fish. Again, another Christmas eve we don't eat meat. So no cooking for us on Sunday, woohoo!!!!
My friend, who is Ukrainian, does the same. They don't take anything down till after the seventh and I'm following the same rule. To be honest, I just want to enjoy my Christmas stuff longer.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #207

Quote:
Thank you!

Eliza.. my son wants to get out and live on campus.. I tried talking to him till I was blue in the face.. about the expense etc etc etc..but in his heart he wants dorm life...as I told Sue...my son wants a car so bad.. and we can't afford one for him.. so we told him to go out and get a job.. why take another music class with this horrible band teacher, this last semester...and he still hasn't gotten off his lazy butt to do it..and I told him when he lives on campus.. he is going to have to have a job, might as well start now..so I said my peace and the rest is going to have to be up to him...he is going to be 18...I can't hold his hands for him, for forever.. unfortunately it's going to be his mistake he makes..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #208

Quote:
So I guess the hubs is not leaving. And they are not going back to Colorado till Feb because it is too cold up there. Nice. I guess he will be going to South Dakota but his off time starts next wednesday so who knows.
You just get to enjoy him a bit longer!

Thinking of you. Your appointment is tomorrow, right?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #209

Quote:
Ruth/Alaskanlaughter who used to post here went to school unless it was 50 below
OMG
Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #210

Quote:
My dear friend, do not be depressed. Sonny boy will probably go to college someplace close by and even if he lives in the dorms, he will be home often. You will still enjoy your time with him. Plus, you know he will miss both of you and miss home and mom's cooking and conversation with mom and dad.So I think that he will be spending time at home more than you expect.
Thanks Elizakins....I am already a basket case!!