Chewie did your sonny boy have a date with 3 girls??? woohoo
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #2012
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Wow, I cleaned the frig. We have so much food in there. I washed up all the bigger containers, froze some stuff, etc. Then I peeled, sliced and salted my eggplants. I'm not sure if I'm going to make parmesan or Greek moussaka. I also made the boys some chicken fingers with hot sauce and blue cheese. YUM
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie did your sonny boy have a date with 3 girls??? woohoo
No, he told me he and Taylor(the driver, she lives 2 houses up our street) were going to Amanda's house. I didn't know who else was going but they ended up going out for a snack and then stopped at a college friend's apartment. I think my ds hangs out with the girls mostly because his guy buddies are more into partying and stuff and he's not. He's only 18 but most of his friends are older. Who knows?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #2014
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I've been doing bookwork all morning. Wrote a program for Excel to do a farm balance sheet, got all data imported, and all formulas balanced. Now I need to work on my parents and then balance all of my aunt's accounts. It's like a busman's holiday, since this is what I do all day at work. We are putting in a new computer system in all my stores starting Tuesday, so I may be bald in a few weeks. I will be able to pull up imformation from my lazy boy at home to see what the little devils are doing.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #2015

I feel so bad. My ds18 told me that Taylor's mom, she works at the college, told him that the neighbors here call us "that family." I'm not quite sure what that means but I sure don't think it's good. When we first moved here, 8 years ago, the boys were younger and some of the kids up the road called us Yankees. I participated in a few neighborhood things but then stopped last year. I don't like them---they are all stuck up, keep up with the Jones' type of people and I just couldn't be bothered. This year I didn't even get an invitation to the neighborhood ornament exchange/brunch. I told ds "who cares?" so he didn't think anything of it but it really bothers me. I have no friends here and feel so freaking isolated. I should have never moved here.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #2016

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
No, he told me he and Taylor(the driver, she lives 2 houses up our street) were going to Amanda's house. I didn't know who else was going but they ended up going out for a snack and then stopped at a college friend's apartment. I think my ds hangs out with the girls mostly because his guy buddies are more into partying and stuff and he's not. He's only 18 but most of his friends are older. Who knows?
WOW!! Our 2 boys have something in common...because his good friends, Tiffany, Kevin etc. they are in college now, and older.. and my son isn't very comfortable around the partiers either...in fact he was telling me that he was speaking to this girl he hadn't spoke to, since Sophomore year...and he told me that she was telling him, that she already had 2 DUIs and has been caught smoking pot and he told me he was disgusted....I hope it does disgust him.. and I am not being a snob either. I hope it really does...but isn't that funny how they have those things in common..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I've been doing bookwork all morning. Wrote a program for Excel to do a farm balance sheet, got all data imported, and all formulas balanced. Now I need to work on my parents and then balance all of my aunt's accounts. It's like a busman's holiday, since this is what I do all day at work. We are putting in a new computer system in all my stores starting Tuesday, so I may be bald in a few weeks. I will be able to pull up imformation from my lazy boy at home to see what the little devils are doing.
That's pretty cool. How many stores do you oversee? We had a system like that in our Subway stores too. It's pretty useful.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #2018

Quote:
I feel so bad. My ds18 told me that Taylor's mom, she works at the college, told him that the neighbors here call us "that family." I'm not quite sure what that means but I sure don't think it's good. When we first moved here, 8 years ago, the boys were younger and some of the kids up the road called us Yankees. I participated in a few neighborhood things but then stopped last year. I don't like them---they are all stuck up, keep up with the Jones' type of people and I just couldn't be bothered. This year I didn't even get an invitation to the neighborhood ornament exchange/brunch. I told ds "who cares?" so he didn't think anything of it but it really bothers me. I have no friends here and feel so freaking isolated. I should have never moved here.
I am sorry Chewie.. I know for me.. when my boy leaves.. I am going to feel lonely..and my friends moved away when the earthquake hit us back in 1994....and I have to face what I am going to do.. I am sure we will get past it....I hate my neighbors as well.. and wouldn't do a thing with them.. except the ones to the left of me are really nice.. and waving hello is just fine..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #2019

Lucky.. you just reminded me of my mother right now.. because when she took her work home from work.. she would say she was doing book work.....wished I could take some bagels and cream cheese to her.. lightly toasted.. and milk with coffee...The New England way.. how about some coffee with that milk LOL...

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the weekend some..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #2020

Chewie do you ever stuff those crescent rolls with anything?? if you do?? what?? I am going on Pineterest and all recipes to look..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #2021

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
WOWZA! i am in AWE! i have trouble enough trying to look at those programs can't figure em out
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #2022

Quote:
Chewie do you ever stuff those crescent rolls with anything?? if you do?? what?? I am going on Pineterest and all recipes to look..
Oh, lots of stuff. The latest favorite is roast beef and cheese, ham and cheese and then I make a potato soup to go with them. The boys LOVE them. Plus you can do pizza rolls, most anything as long as it's a little moist.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #2023

Quote:
oh gosh melinda there are tons of stuff to STUFF them with i made that pecan pie thing with them (SINFUL can not make that again ) and a chicken pocket thing that EVERYONE loved and then there is pepperoni and a cheese stick i gotta find that chicken pocket one it is soo good but NOWAY low carb

Chewie maybe it was meant in a good way? all the kids always come over don't they??
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #2024

yeah I am going to look..they kind of do double duty for me.. as the next day I can throw them in a baggie and he can take to school rather than a sandwich....but the kid hates ham..so I am going to look around and see....the cheese he is picky on too.. he hates American cheese, but he doesn't mind cheddar cheese when it melts.. so thankfully I am good there LOL!! I was thinking of maybe some chicken and hot sauce and cheese.. he tends to lead towards spicy and then I wouldn't eat it.. cause I hate spicy...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh gosh melinda there are tons of stuff to STUFF them with i made that pecan pie thing with them (SINFUL can not make that again ) and a chicken pocket thing that EVERYONE loved and then there is pepperoni and a cheese stick i gotta find that chicken pocket one it is soo good but NOWAY low carb

Chewie maybe it was meant in a good way? all the kids always come over don't they??
Oh, all the kids come over but they are not from this stuck-up neighborhood. Unfortunately, we live on the richest street in our town. We aren't rich but we live here. The kids that come over are all my boys' football friends.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #2026

My eggplant slices are breaded and in the oven now. I need to go to the market though. Dh wants to make a frittata tomorrow for breakfast. He saw a recipe in my cooking light magazine. It sounds good to me but we need fresh baby spinach and feta. Plus I need some other stuff too.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #2027

bugging me i can not find my recipe! i know i printed it out and used it but i can't find where i pinned it Melinda i saw one that used chocolate chips and marshmallows for a smores crescent YUM and another that used peanut butter and nutella!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #2028

Quote:
bugging me i can not find my recipe! i know i printed it out and used it but i can't find where i pinned it Melinda i saw one that used chocolate chips and marshmallows for a smores crescent YUM and another that used peanut butter and nutella!

GOD DEB!! that sounds so goooood!!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #2029

i KNOW i dare not make them! i would eat it all i bet!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #2030
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's pretty cool. How many stores do you oversee? We had a system like that in our Subway stores too. It's pretty useful.
I only have 4 now. At one time, I had 8, but my boss is an older gentlemen, and he has sold some of the smaller stores.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #2031

Deb I am going to make these I think.. this is up my kid's alley....

BBQ Chicken Crescents

1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1 cup shredded cooked chicken

1/4 cup barbecue sauce

1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 egg, beaten

Separate dough into 8 triangles.
In bowl, mix chicken and barbecue sauce. Spoon chicken mixture onto short end of each triangle; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of the cheese. Roll up loosely as directed on can. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes.

But I don't think I will brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining cheese.. or I may LOL!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #2032

thenegg will make it shiny and help the cheese stick to it
that looks really good i bet Ken would like it too
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #2033
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, I will be able to drill down on tapes and find if someone is zeroing out there sales to a glass of water. When I was in training, we found one guy who zeroed out every single transaction in one hour. No one had noticed it. My boss thinks I will be able to tell him everything, but I keep telling him there is a learning curve for me to know what to look for. I dread it and I am looking forward to it at the same time. Hopefully some theft in our stores will go down.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2034

and for me it's 5 WW points.. if I want.....

Oh that's right about egg washes...Thanks Deb...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2035

I deboned a chicken yesterday so I am going to toss it in the freezer now.. so I can take it out for tomorrow...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2036

Quote:
Chewie, I will be able to drill down on tapes and find if someone is zeroing out there sales to a glass of water. When I was in training, we found one guy who zeroed out every single transaction in one hour. No one had noticed it. My boss thinks I will be able to tell him everything, but I keep telling him there is a learning curve for me to know what to look for. I dread it and I am looking forward to it at the same time. Hopefully some theft in our stores will go down.
what does zeroing out mean?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2037

Oh wow Monday is a holiday......I think my boy is off...always love that.. more time to spend with him fussing and fighting and saving on my gas LOL!! Ours has gone up here from 3.39 to 3.55..
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #2038

Quote:
Oh wow Monday is a holiday......I think my boy is off...always love that.. more time to spend with him fussing and fighting and saving on my gas LOL!! Ours has gone up here from 3.39 to 3.55..
our gas is the same
SIGH Steven is off HS but the college is private and will still have class and then he has an 8pm rehearsal so i won't be saving any gas that day
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #2039

Quote:
Do they do a daily inventory? We did in stores that had a problem then compared it to the register tape---wow, you really see what is going on and it stops the theft immediately.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2040

Quote:
what does zeroing out mean?
It means to zero out the sales. They should not have a Z key, only a manager or owner should have the Z key.