Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #2011
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Chewie did your sonny boy have a date with 3 girls??? woohoo
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #2012
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Wow, I cleaned the frig. We have so much food in there. I washed up all the bigger containers, froze some stuff, etc. Then I peeled, sliced and salted my eggplants. I'm not sure if I'm going to make parmesan or Greek moussaka. I also made the boys some chicken fingers with hot sauce and blue cheese. YUM
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #2013
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie did your sonny boy have a date with 3 girls??? woohoo
No, he told me he and Taylor(the driver, she lives 2 houses up our street) were going to Amanda's house. I didn't know who else was going but they ended up going out for a snack and then stopped at a college friend's apartment. I think my ds hangs out with the girls mostly because his guy buddies are more into partying and stuff and he's not. He's only 18 but most of his friends are older. Who knows?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #2014
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
I've been doing bookwork all morning. Wrote a program for Excel to do a farm balance sheet, got all data imported, and all formulas balanced. Now I need to work on my parents and then balance all of my aunt's accounts. It's like a busman's holiday, since this is what I do all day at work. We are putting in a new computer system in all my stores starting Tuesday, so I may be bald in a few weeks. I will be able to pull up imformation from my lazy boy at home to see what the little devils are doing.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #2015
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I feel so bad. My ds18 told me that Taylor's mom, she works at the college, told him that the neighbors here call us "that family." I'm not quite sure what that means but I sure don't think it's good. When we first moved here, 8 years ago, the boys were younger and some of the kids up the road called us Yankees. I participated in a few neighborhood things but then stopped last year. I don't like them---they are all stuck up, keep up with the Jones' type of people and I just couldn't be bothered. This year I didn't even get an invitation to the neighborhood ornament exchange/brunch. I told ds "who cares?" so he didn't think anything of it but it really bothers me. I have no friends here and feel so freaking isolated. I should have never moved here.
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #2016
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
No, he told me he and Taylor(the driver, she lives 2 houses up our street) were going to Amanda's house. I didn't know who else was going but they ended up going out for a snack and then stopped at a college friend's apartment. I think my ds hangs out with the girls mostly because his guy buddies are more into partying and stuff and he's not. He's only 18 but most of his friends are older. Who knows?
WOW!! Our 2 boys have something in common...because his good friends, Tiffany, Kevin etc. they are in college now, and older.. and my son isn't very comfortable around the partiers either...in fact he was telling me that he was speaking to this girl he hadn't spoke to, since Sophomore year...and he told me that she was telling him, that she already had 2 DUIs and has been caught smoking pot and he told me he was disgusted....I hope it does disgust him.. and I am not being a snob either. I hope it really does...but isn't that funny how they have those things in common..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #2017
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I've been doing bookwork all morning. Wrote a program for Excel to do a farm balance sheet, got all data imported, and all formulas balanced. Now I need to work on my parents and then balance all of my aunt's accounts. It's like a busman's holiday, since this is what I do all day at work. We are putting in a new computer system in all my stores starting Tuesday, so I may be bald in a few weeks. I will be able to pull up imformation from my lazy boy at home to see what the little devils are doing.
That's pretty cool. How many stores do you oversee? We had a system like that in our Subway stores too. It's pretty useful.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #2018
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I feel so bad. My ds18 told me that Taylor's mom, she works at the college, told him that the neighbors here call us "that family." I'm not quite sure what that means but I sure don't think it's good. When we first moved here, 8 years ago, the boys were younger and some of the kids up the road called us Yankees. I participated in a few neighborhood things but then stopped last year. I don't like them---they are all stuck up, keep up with the Jones' type of people and I just couldn't be bothered. This year I didn't even get an invitation to the neighborhood ornament exchange/brunch. I told ds "who cares?" so he didn't think anything of it but it really bothers me. I have no friends here and feel so freaking isolated. I should have never moved here.
I am sorry Chewie.. I know for me.. when my boy leaves.. I am going to feel lonely..and my friends moved away when the earthquake hit us back in 1994....and I have to face what I am going to do.. I am sure we will get past it....I hate my neighbors as well.. and wouldn't do a thing with them.. except the ones to the left of me are really nice.. and waving hello is just fine..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #2019
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lucky.. you just reminded me of my mother right now.. because when she took her work home from work.. she would say she was doing book work.....wished I could take some bagels and cream cheese to her.. lightly toasted.. and milk with coffee...The New England way.. how about some coffee with that milk LOL...

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the weekend some..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #2020
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Chewie do you ever stuff those crescent rolls with anything?? if you do?? what?? I am going on Pineterest and all recipes to look..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #2021
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I've been doing bookwork all morning. Wrote a program for Excel to do a farm balance sheet, got all data imported, and all formulas balanced. Now I need to work on my parents and then balance all of my aunt's accounts. It's like a busman's holiday, since this is what I do all day at work. We are putting in a new computer system in all my stores starting Tuesday, so I may be bald in a few weeks. I will be able to pull up imformation from my lazy boy at home to see what the little devils are doing.
WOWZA! i am in AWE! i have trouble enough trying to look at those programs can't figure em out
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #2022
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie do you ever stuff those crescent rolls with anything?? if you do?? what?? I am going on Pineterest and all recipes to look..
Oh, lots of stuff. The latest favorite is roast beef and cheese, ham and cheese and then I make a potato soup to go with them. The boys LOVE them. Plus you can do pizza rolls, most anything as long as it's a little moist.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #2023
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie do you ever stuff those crescent rolls with anything?? if you do?? what?? I am going on Pineterest and all recipes to look..
oh gosh melinda there are tons of stuff to STUFF them with i made that pecan pie thing with them (SINFUL can not make that again ) and a chicken pocket thing that EVERYONE loved and then there is pepperoni and a cheese stick i gotta find that chicken pocket one it is soo good but NOWAY low carb

Chewie maybe it was meant in a good way? all the kids always come over don't they??
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #2024
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
yeah I am going to look..they kind of do double duty for me.. as the next day I can throw them in a baggie and he can take to school rather than a sandwich....but the kid hates ham..so I am going to look around and see....the cheese he is picky on too.. he hates American cheese, but he doesn't mind cheddar cheese when it melts.. so thankfully I am good there LOL!! I was thinking of maybe some chicken and hot sauce and cheese.. he tends to lead towards spicy and then I wouldn't eat it.. cause I hate spicy...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #2025
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh gosh melinda there are tons of stuff to STUFF them with i made that pecan pie thing with them (SINFUL can not make that again ) and a chicken pocket thing that EVERYONE loved and then there is pepperoni and a cheese stick i gotta find that chicken pocket one it is soo good but NOWAY low carb

Chewie maybe it was meant in a good way? all the kids always come over don't they??
Oh, all the kids come over but they are not from this stuck-up neighborhood. Unfortunately, we live on the richest street in our town. We aren't rich but we live here. The kids that come over are all my boys' football friends.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #2026
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
My eggplant slices are breaded and in the oven now. I need to go to the market though. Dh wants to make a frittata tomorrow for breakfast. He saw a recipe in my cooking light magazine. It sounds good to me but we need fresh baby spinach and feta. Plus I need some other stuff too.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #2027
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
bugging me i can not find my recipe! i know i printed it out and used it but i can't find where i pinned it Melinda i saw one that used chocolate chips and marshmallows for a smores crescent YUM and another that used peanut butter and nutella!


debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #2028
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
bugging me i can not find my recipe! i know i printed it out and used it but i can't find where i pinned it Melinda i saw one that used chocolate chips and marshmallows for a smores crescent YUM and another that used peanut butter and nutella!


GOD DEB!! that sounds so goooood!!!!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #2029
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i KNOW i dare not make them! i would eat it all i bet!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #2030
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
That's pretty cool. How many stores do you oversee? We had a system like that in our Subway stores too. It's pretty useful.
I only have 4 now. At one time, I had 8, but my boss is an older gentlemen, and he has sold some of the smaller stores.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #2031
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Deb I am going to make these I think.. this is up my kid's alley....



BBQ Chicken Crescents


1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1 cup shredded cooked chicken

1/4 cup barbecue sauce

1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 egg, beaten



Separate dough into 8 triangles.
In bowl, mix chicken and barbecue sauce. Spoon chicken mixture onto short end of each triangle; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of the cheese. Roll up loosely as directed on can. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes.

But I don't think I will brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining cheese.. or I may LOL!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #2032
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
thenegg will make it shiny and help the cheese stick to it
that looks really good i bet Ken would like it too
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #2033
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, I will be able to drill down on tapes and find if someone is zeroing out there sales to a glass of water. When I was in training, we found one guy who zeroed out every single transaction in one hour. No one had noticed it. My boss thinks I will be able to tell him everything, but I keep telling him there is a learning curve for me to know what to look for. I dread it and I am looking forward to it at the same time. Hopefully some theft in our stores will go down.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2034
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
and for me it's 5 WW points.. if I want.....

Oh that's right about egg washes...Thanks Deb...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2035
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I deboned a chicken yesterday so I am going to toss it in the freezer now.. so I can take it out for tomorrow...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2036
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, I will be able to drill down on tapes and find if someone is zeroing out there sales to a glass of water. When I was in training, we found one guy who zeroed out every single transaction in one hour. No one had noticed it. My boss thinks I will be able to tell him everything, but I keep telling him there is a learning curve for me to know what to look for. I dread it and I am looking forward to it at the same time. Hopefully some theft in our stores will go down.
what does zeroing out mean?
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2037
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,601
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Oh wow Monday is a holiday......I think my boy is off...always love that.. more time to spend with him fussing and fighting and saving on my gas LOL!! Ours has gone up here from 3.39 to 3.55..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #2038
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Oh wow Monday is a holiday......I think my boy is off...always love that.. more time to spend with him fussing and fighting and saving on my gas LOL!! Ours has gone up here from 3.39 to 3.55..
our gas is the same
SIGH Steven is off HS but the college is private and will still have class and then he has an 8pm rehearsal so i won't be saving any gas that day
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #2039
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, I will be able to drill down on tapes and find if someone is zeroing out there sales to a glass of water. When I was in training, we found one guy who zeroed out every single transaction in one hour. No one had noticed it. My boss thinks I will be able to tell him everything, but I keep telling him there is a learning curve for me to know what to look for. I dread it and I am looking forward to it at the same time. Hopefully some theft in our stores will go down.
Do they do a daily inventory? We did in stores that had a problem then compared it to the register tape---wow, you really see what is going on and it stops the theft immediately.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2040
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
what does zeroing out mean?
It means to zero out the sales. They should not have a Z key, only a manager or owner should have the Z key.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.