Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #1951
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
oh Sue enjoy your granddaughter! those germs will stay away!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
It's a beautiful day here on the Chesapeake Bay........sun is shining - and calling for 50..........then a cold artic air is coming for inauguration day. Poor ds - remember he's a policeman in D.C., and will be out in it for 4 days - at 12 hours at a time. Sometimes on a mountain bike. brrrrrrr.

Linda

Oh, wow. 12 hour shifts outside?! Ugh. Here's hoping it won't be too bad!

It was a nice day here today, just windy. I tried getting on again earlier but my internet was acting all funny.I took oldest out apartment looking today. Figured it might motivate her......she didn't want to go at first but really got into as we went along. I did hit a couple of grocery stores after I dropped lunch of for ds. Got those put away and the kitchen cleaned. One load of laundry put up. Still need to iron 3 of dh's shirts. I will have to do that after I get back from getting youngest from musical practice here in a bit.

Deb, how has the day off been?

Mona, it shouldn't matter if you went to the doc yesterday or not. If your BP is high and you are feeling it then you should call them or go to the ER. What is dh going to do if you have a stroke? Is that the approach you are planning to take to get him to eat better, take care of himself, and lose weight? High BP is not something to mess around with. I will be the resident bossy lady and say "Call your doctor!"
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #1953

KC i slept all mornign and other than taking Steven to his bio class haven't really done a thing snacks and OMG just realized i haven't had coffee!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #1954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
KC i slept all mornign and other than taking Steven to his bio class haven't really done a thing snacks and OMG just realized i haven't had coffee!
Wow! no coffeeI would have a headache by now if I had skipped coffee.Currently ha a cup or hot tea with cream.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #1955

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
You beautiful ladies! I just got home. I had such a wonderful day.

We visited for a while then we went downtown and had coffee. Walked more and then had lunch at a cute little diner. Then we looked in some antique consingment stores. My friend closes on her first house ever next month so we were decorating. LOL

She has decided she wants to start doing the insanity workout and I stupidly agreed to do it with her. Keep in mind she is about 100 pounds soaking wet. This should be intresting!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #1956
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Linda.. See I told you our Artic air was a moving across country..if it's the same one LOL...I just got over being sick... I don't want that ever again..I am so tired Linda, from being up so early.. I don't know where to lay down some...anyway enjoy your weather..we have become hot all of a sudden... Sending much prayers to your son.. that is a big job...

Well now I gotta freak out about the water and power company not receiving my payment..the same bill that hubs mailed that day was already cashed...grrr....anyway...
Thanks Melinda - I say lots of prayers for ds - every day when he walks out the door. I remember you feeling bad - first your tooth - then the coughing. I think you've had enough sickness for a long time.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #1957
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
oh wow this weekend will b a busy busy one for him!! i hope everything goes snoothly but i know you can't help but worry and your surgery is this week too isn't it??
I'll take all the hugs I can get Deb. Thanks. Yes - he is definitely going to be pushing the sleep for the next few days. You're right - when it comes to our kids - you always always worry about them. Yup - my surgery is Tuesday morning. Yipee - I get to start the dreaded drops in the right eye starting Sunday morning - along with 2 more weeks of drops in the left. Poor dh - trying to get these drops in my eye is tough on him.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1958

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi peeps. Dh fixed my treadmill. I'm so happy. I just got off of it and did 20 minutes again and increased my distance to .835 of a mile. Woohoo.

Dh and I took a ride in the country today to go to a discount food store east of here. It was ok, don't know that I'll be going regularly but maybe once in a while. They have a fb page and post their specials. We got a bunch of stuff like chicken tenders, soup, queso dip, etc. It was nice. Then I came home and took a nap.

My throat feels swollen tonight. It was harder on the tm than it's been the other days but I stuck it out and did the whole 20 minutes. It was definitely harder. I took some tylenol for my throat. Hope it doesn't develop into anything more.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Wow! no coffeeI would have a headache by now if I had skipped coffee.Currently ha a cup or hot tea with cream.
i am remedying that right now
Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

We visited for a while then we went downtown and had coffee. Walked more and then had lunch at a cute little diner. Then we looked in some antique consingment stores. My friend closes on her first house ever next month so we were decorating. LOL

She has decided she wants to start doing the insanity workout and I stupidly agreed to do it with her. Keep in mind she is about 100 pounds soaking wet. This should be intresting!
glad you had fun on the workout!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi peeps. Dh fixed my treadmill. I'm so happy. I just got off of it and did 20 minutes again and increased my distance to .835 of a mile. Woohoo.

Dh and I took a ride in the country today to go to a discount food store east of here. It was ok, don't know that I'll be going regularly but maybe once in a while. They have a fb page and post their specials. We got a bunch of stuff like chicken tenders, soup, queso dip, etc. It was nice. Then I came home and took a nap.

My throat feels swollen tonight. It was harder on the tm than it's been the other days but I stuck it out and did the whole 20 minutes. It was definitely harder. I took some tylenol for my throat. Hope it doesn't develop into anything more.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #1962
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Linda....I wasn't aware your son was a Policeman in D.C.
He will be beyond tired after all that fun time is over. How
long has he been doing that? I bet he runs into some pretty
interesting things in D.C.
As far as my DD's....Eli and Layla's mom does work and will go back in 6 weeks.One thing about her is she is a work horse. She has always been a good hard worker. She even works as a waitress 2x's a wk. for extra money. She wouldn't have to do that in my view but she enjoys the extra money.
My other daughter lives in Springfield, Mo. which is around 3 hrs. from here.

I've been in one of those moods where I just don't want to do anything today. I just now finally got all my groceries put away. Soon it will be time to go pick up my little grand daughter.
I think this time of year we are all fighting the blues. The holidays are over and for some of us we have yet again put on weight. That will always give you the blues. Some have also been fighting with illness.
Of course at times the weather can get to you also. All we can do is "keep on keeping on" and finally walk out of the blues!!!LOL
I most likely am crazy for having a child over who goes to school and may be contaminated with the flu virus. I did ask my son about it and he says so far everyone in their house is fine.
Lony...I hope you enjoyed your day out!
Have a good evening everyone.
Sue - who takes care of Eli and Layla when dd goes back to work? She's young enough to work those extra hours. She obviously enjoys all that hard work though, good for her.

You know my mom always wondered 'how can you not want to do anything at all one day and the next you want to clean the whole house' or 'how can you feel so badly one day - and the next you feel pretty darn good'. I always told her when she found out to make sure to let me know. Pretty much applies to all the blue moods and aches and pains I've learned.

My ds has been with the police dept for 12 years. Told him that's when I started getting gray hair. Some of his stories are hair raising - others just touch my heart. I'm sure he doesn't tell me the really bad ones - and I'm ok with that. He always tells me he's going to write a book someday. He's not feeling 100% right now either - and of course will push himself to be there for his officers during the inauguration.

Linda
Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #1963
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's a beautiful day here on the Chesapeake Bay........sun is shining - and calling for 50..........then a cold artic air is coming for inauguration day. Poor ds - remember he's a policeman in D.C., and will be out in it for 4 days - at 12 hours at a time. Sometimes on a mountain bike. brrrrrrr.

Linda

It was a nice day here today, just windy. I tried getting on again earlier but my internet was acting all funny.I took oldest out apartment looking today. Figured it might motivate her......she didn't want to go at first but really got into as we went along. I did hit a couple of grocery stores after I dropped lunch of for ds. Got those put away and the kitchen cleaned. One load of laundry put up. Still need to iron 3 of dh's shirts. I will have to do that after I get back from getting youngest from musical practice here in a bit.

Mona, it shouldn't matter if you went to the doc yesterday or not. If your BP is high and you are feeling it then you should call them or go to the ER. What is dh going to do if you have a stroke? Is that the approach you are planning to take to get him to eat better, take care of himself, and lose weight? High BP is not something to mess around with. I will be the resident bossy lady and say "Call your doctor!"
KC - this is so cute - a little nudge for dd. Love it. Glad that she got into it with you. Will she have a hard time living alone? Or will she likely have a roommate like at college? It's good for them to get out on their own - especially when they don't have to move that far away from home at first.

Did you check out the cara cara oranges while at the grocery? I'm on the second bag - wish I had gotten more. We've had such lousy luck with the oranges lately - they are a welcome juicy treat.

I agree with you on Mona - good one - BP is nothing to mess with. You heard the boss lady Mona - call your doctor just to let them know what you've experienced in the last day or so.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #1964
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I'm very impressed Lony - tackling the insanity workout. Good for you - got to move it to lose it- right? Hmmmm - maybe that's a lot of my problem - shoot - I know that's a lot of my problem. Even better you have an exercise buddy - that will make a huge difference in keeping you accountable.

Wish we could all figure out something that would keep us accountable to each other that is doable long term. It's hard doing it alone - in person is a good thing. Yeah for you.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #1965
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post

You really do find the good deals on food where you live Chewie. I have found nothing like that around here - could be because the D.C. area doesn't believe in bargains. Ugh.

Sorry about your throat - hope it feels better real quick. You know - it might have seemed harder on the tm if you are coming down with something. Lucky for you that your dh was able to get it fixed for you so quick too.

Linda
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #1966

Quote:

Linda

I love the nudge Way nicer than saying "GET OUT"

Mona, listen to the boss!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #1967

Deb, I am so glad you had a wonderful day.

Chewie, sounds like a nice day with the DH. Sorry about the sore throat.

Linda you can do the insanity with me. I figure what the heck do I have to lose, besides all this poundage.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1968

anyone here doing gluten free??

i took steven to rehearsal and then came on home since it is supposed to be until 10 tonight and Ken was home
he has taken nyquil and is SNORING i could have saveed the gas LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #1969

Quote:
Deb, I am so glad you had a wonderful day.

Chewie, sounds like a nice day with the DH. Sorry about the sore throat.

Linda you can do the insanity with me. I figure what the heck do I have to lose, besides all this poundage.
well i wouldn't say wonderful but at least it wsn't bad too bad i can't sleep 24/7 huh?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #1970

Quote:
well i wouldn't say wonderful but at least it wsn't bad too bad i can't sleep 24/7 huh?
why would you want to sleep that much? There is too much out there in the big world to discover.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #1971

Quote:
why would you want to sleep that much? There is too much out there in the big world to discover.
cause i slept until like noon today and had an ok day lol maybe if i stay alseep all the time no more bad
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #1972

Quote:
cause i slept until like noon today and had an ok day lol maybe if i stay alseep all the time no more bad
Awwww sometimes we have to make our own good days. It will get better.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #1973

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Linda..you know I really do appreciate and honor people who serve our Country, city and states like your son does... I can imagine how you must say a prayer when he leaves and thank GOD when you hear him come in....

Linda, I think you have had enough yourself.. time for us to get up and dance and enjoy some well time.. though my tooth area still hurts.. but I am not running to a doctor...

I HAD A VERY BAD DAY TODAY...I wish it was over and I wished I could get it out of my mind.. I had to run down to the water and power company and there was no spaces in the front..and I said out loud to myself.. Melinda, it's time to be a grown big girl and I turned into the mall lot.. you know where they have Subway, Riteaid, KFC.. I parked and walked to the office.. I figured this would test, since my treadmill broke.. and I don't walk outside like my hubs.. if my walking paths in my house does me some good or is it dumb and stupid...I can honestly say I walked there and back with no problem.. which tells me and proves to me I am not stupid or nuts. that as long as you have legs you can walk or run anywhere.. but walking back to my car, approaching the mall parking lot, there was 2 men fist fighting...I said to myself let me jog to my car before anything bad and horrific happens and I left as fast as I could get into my car and drive away...

Last edited by crazyone; 01-18-2013 at 05:48 PM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1974

ELIZAKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #1975

Well speaking of which I better get some walking in.. it was so hot today it reached 80 degrees...
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #1976

Melinda I am so so glad you are safe! See that walking is good for you!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #1977
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda..you know I really do appreciate and honor people who serve our Country, city and states like your son does... I can imagine how you must say a prayer when he leaves and thank GOD when you hear him come in....

Linda, I think you have had enough yourself.. time for us to get up and dance and enjoy some well time.. though my tooth area still hurts.. but I am not running to a doctor...

I HAD A VERY BAD DAY TODAY...I wish it was over and I wished I could get it out of my mind.. I had to run down to the water and power company and there was no spaces in the front..and I said out loud to myself.. Melinda, it's time to be a grown big girl and I turned into the mall lot.. you know where they have Subway, Riteaid, KFC.. I parked and walked to the office.. I figured this would test, since my treadmill broke.. and I don't walk outside like my hubs.. if my walking paths in my house does me some good or is it dumb and stupid...I can honestly say I walked there and back with no problem.. which tells me and proves to me I am not stupid or nuts. that as long as you have legs you can walk or run anywhere.. but walking back to my car, approaching the mall parking lot, there was 2 men fist fighting...I said to myself let me jog to my car before anything bad and horrific happens and I left as fast as I could get into my car and drive away...
Whoa Melinda - so glad you made it home safe and sound. That's scary. I think too, the fact that you are walking in the house is just great. Any walking is good. Keeps those muscles working for you. Sorry you had such a bad day - one of those hide your head under the covers day. Hope you get some rest tonight - with hubs keeping you up all night coughing. Poor guy - poor you.

Linda
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #1978
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
''

How many days/weeks does rehearsal last anyway? When is the big production supposed to take place? Is Steven talking much about it by now? Other than being excited to be considered and all? This is so good for him.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #1979

Ok I ate 10 carbs total today. I was shooting for 5 but I guess that is better than a million bajillion I have been eating.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #1980

Quote:

you did so good on walking