Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
we are home safely! time for jammies
Yay! Glad you guys made it back ok. Steven had a good time? I hope you get to enjoy your day tomorrow! Sounds fun.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #1923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony, got any yarn for that scarf pattern yet?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #1924
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Home from the walfart...blah
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lony, got any yarn for that scarf pattern yet?
I am going to pick some up tomorrow. I am going out to lunch with a girlfriend so we can swing by the crafty store.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #1926

Sue, Layla is so stinkin cute! You are a very lucky woman to have such beautiful grandchildren.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #1927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Woke up at 5:00 when I heard ds' alarm go off. I kept waiting to see if he was going to get up to go to swim practice. He was wiped out from the meet last night and then he went to his club team to get help from that coach on his flips/turns/starts. He was not happy with his times last night although they were not worse than he has been getting----just not better. Anyhow he was home shortly after 9:00 and in bed before 10:00. AGAIN. So not like my son! Anyhow, he did get up and I did go out and start the car for him. Surprisingly, NO frost on the windows. I was in shock. Yesterday there was a lot of frost!

Did devotional, made lunch for youngest and then made her a fried egg sandwich on a croissant, and gave her some peaches and a glass of Milo. Almost time to head to the bus stop.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #1928

Good Morning Sunshines! It is 39 degrees this morning and they say we are going to get up to 52! Maybe my toes will finally thaw out. hehehe
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #1929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Friday morning all..
kcmama, you are up and moving around early this morning! Your son should appreciate his mom starting the car for him! It is warmer here this morning also. It should be around 60 today they say. The fried egg sandwich sounds good. My mom used to make those for us.
I am heading out to do my grocery shopping this morning. Yuck...I really don't enjoy doing that like I used to. Age has a way of changing your out look on doing certain things like that I guess.
Have a good day everyone.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #1930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your day out Lony!!!!!!!! 52 for you all is great. Enjoy it because it may be short lived!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1931

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning....

Been up since 3:13am.. my DH LOLOL DH DH DH DH.. my hubs...is what I meant... is sick and he is coughing and when he coughs he sounds like a friggen jackhammer. and I could hear him all friggen night and early morning coughing every single organ and blood vessel up GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hate to be so mean but his coughing makes me want to jump out a 10 story building.....GOOD LORD....Good thing is that when he is sick he hates to eat.. so no cooking for Melinda tonight...not to sound mean that was just a vent....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #1932

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. TGIF. I have a 3 day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #1933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
My moms gastric surgeon does kinda the same thing. He took a room in his office and made a giant closet. People can bring the clothes that are too big and get smaller sizes. It was amazing the sheer volume of clothes in that room. I wanted to do some shopping.
That is so cool. Maybe I should suggest that for my surgeon's office.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
we are home safely! time for jammies
That's great.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #1935

So my dh took today off to do a few things around the house and spend the afternoon with me. He's going to try and fix my treadmill. Good thoughts and prayers that he can would be appreciated. It's warmer here today too---our weather and Sue's are the same most of the time.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #1936
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning....

Been up since 3:13am.. my DH LOLOL DH DH DH DH.. my hubs...is what I meant... is sick and he is coughing and when he coughs he sounds like a friggen jackhammer. and I could hear him all friggen night and early morning coughing every single organ and blood vessel up GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hate to be so mean but his coughing makes me want to jump out a 10 story building.....GOOD LORD....Good thing is that when he is sick he hates to eat.. so no cooking for Melinda tonight...not to sound mean that was just a vent....
Well, your DH aka hubs must have been hanging out with my DBF (see previous post for explanation......lol) 'cause he is coughing and feels like a pile of doodoo...I am praying I don't get it...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #1937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning friends. Just woke up from a big nap. Had to take my extra BP med tonight and it put me right to sleep. My BP was nice and low when I went to sleep and now I'm awake and it's higher than ever. sigh. I have a headache too and I don't really feel like doing anything. I've been wanting to try out the carpet steam cleaner I bought before Christmas but it involved moving heavy furniture and I'm not feelin' it right now.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #1938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning friends. Just woke up from a big nap. Had to take my extra BP med tonight and it put me right to sleep. My BP was nice and low when I went to sleep and now I'm awake and it's higher than ever. sigh. I have a headache too and I don't really feel like doing anything. I've been wanting to try out the carpet steam cleaner I bought before Christmas but it involved moving heavy furniture and I'm not feelin' it right now.
Mona, maybe you should go to the doctor?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #1939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Mona, maybe you should go to the doctor?
I just went yesterday.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I just went yesterday.
Oh, I must have missed it. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #1941

Mona.. Hope you feel better soon.....

LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG... if I had a dollar for everytime I heard from 10pm last night until night I AM SICK...I could retire...grrrr I sound like an uncaring wife.. but I don't mean to..
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #1942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mona..... If you can't get that BP down you need to let the dr. know about it. Be careful with it and just get lots of rest.
Melinda.....see you in the office. You need to turn a loud fan on so you can't hear hubs maybe.
Chewie....enjoy the weather today. It is going to cool back off here come Monday but then warm back up Tuesday! Crazy!!!

Last edited by Oksue; 01-18-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #1943

Dh called with an update on my treadmill---he's been working on it all morning. Seems like there was a bolt missing--should have been 2 and the one that was left just broke off on the machine. GRRR He's going to Lowe's to get some parts or something. I sure hope he can fix it.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #1944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just woke up from another nap. I feel like I'm sleeping my weekend away.

The guys are here to finish the fence. yeah! Our first home improvement project.

I've got some ground beef thawing. I'm going to make a chili mac casserole I saw online.

Beefy Chili Macaroni

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 can crushed tomatoes (large can)
1 cup tomato juice
1 can chili beans
salt & pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons chili powder
8 ounces dried pasta
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, brown ground beef, onion, celery and green pepper until no longer pink; drain.

Add tomatoes, juice and beans to beef mixture. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Simmer for 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

Combine beef and tomatoes and drained pasta. Mix well. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #1945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Dh called with an update on my treadmill---he's been working on it all morning. Seems like there was a bolt missing--should have been 2 and the one that was left just broke off on the machine. GRRR He's going to Lowe's to get some parts or something. I sure hope he can fix it.
I hope your Dh can fix it! I have been on the lookout for a used treadmill that can handle up to 500 pounds. Sort of hard to come by. I might end up having to buy new. *gulp* DH really needs to start moving and he won't go outside. He needs to be able to sit and rest when he needs to.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #1946

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning....

hope he gets to feeling better soon
slept in today only thing i have done is take a shower and getting dressed wasn't tpoo qquickly either! almost was late gettign Steven to his college class sunny and chilly but nice and still some snow on the ground! whoohoo! rehearsal won't be canceled tonight but the dumb upward bound people canceled their trip to berea tomorrow cause of Whitley county being out today NONE of the rest of the area they serve even got snow and the roads are fine now and supposed to be warmer tomorrow and they cancel anyways i swear they are getting lazier and lazier and it would have worked out good cause Steven doesn't have rehearsal tomorrow i bet he will next weekend! soo sitting in the college parking lot and my darned FB games will not play in google chrome there is a window wanting me to let the games store stuff on my computer NO WAY and when i click NO it stays and stays ugh in firefox i get a javascript error that has a zillion pop ups and after reading that javascript had a virus mimicing it that makes me leery KWIM? IE never works for me so IDK i am at the end of my computer knowledge

off to catch up reading more!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #1947
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Good afternoon everyone.

Sue, that new grandbaby is so gorgeous. Grandma has to have a serious case of loving her up big time. Did you say that Eli and Layla live about an hour away from you? Does your daughter work? How far does your other daughter live from you? I know your son is closest - right?

Deb, glad that you got home safe and sound last night. I sure don't like driving on yucky roads at all - and with all the hills you have around you - black ice is scary. Been on it once - and that was enough for me.

Melinda, hope your hubs gets some cough meds to help that cough. I know what you mean though - you just want to scream 'stop it'........but we know they aren't doing it on purpose. Sure hope you and ds doesn't come down with it next.

Chewie - good for you getting on the treadmill - hope dh gets the parts he needs to get it working again.

Eliza - miss you - but know what a busy gal you are. Take extra care of yourself with all this flu going around - a classroom has to be teeming with all kinds of germs.

Mona - did the doctor give any reason why your bp is fluctuating so much? You've been so busy at work lately, that has to be difficult for you to relax when you get home. Sounds like you are resting ok though - so that's good. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

KC - you pack more things into a day than anyone I know. Three kids keep you hopping, that's for sure. I had 2 and some days I didn't know whether I was coming or going.

Lony Lou you are awfully quiet lately. Pondering on things again? Or just trying to figure out how to get your nose and toes warm again?

It's a beautiful day here on the Chesapeake Bay........sun is shining - and calling for 50..........then a cold artic air is coming for inauguration day. Poor ds - remember he's a policeman in D.C., and will be out in it for 4 days - at 12 hours at a time. Sometimes on a mountain bike. brrrrrrr.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #1948

Linda.. See I told you our Artic air was a moving across country..if it's the same one LOL...I just got over being sick... I don't want that ever again..I am so tired Linda, from being up so early.. I don't know where to lay down some...anyway enjoy your weather..we have become hot all of a sudden... Sending much prayers to your son.. that is a big job...

Well now I gotta freak out about the water and power company not receiving my payment..the same bill that hubs mailed that day was already cashed...grrr....anyway...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1949

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post

It's a beautiful day here on the Chesapeake Bay........sun is shining - and calling for 50..........then a cold artic air is coming for inauguration day. Poor ds - remember he's a policeman in D.C., and will be out in it for 4 days - at 12 hours at a time. Sometimes on a mountain bike. brrrrrrr.

Linda
oh wow this weekend will b a busy busy one for him!! i hope everything goes snoothly but i know you can't help but worry and your surgery is this week too isn't it??
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #1950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda....I wasn't aware your son was a Policeman in D.C.
He will be beyond tired after all that fun time is over. How
long has he been doing that? I bet he runs into some pretty
interesting things in D.C.
As far as my DD's....Eli and Layla's mom does work and will go back in 6 weeks.One thing about her is she is a work horse. She has always been a good hard worker. She even works as a waitress 2x's a wk. for extra money. She wouldn't have to do that in my view but she enjoys the extra money.
My other daughter lives in Springfield, Mo. which is around 3 hrs. from here.

I've been in one of those moods where I just don't want to do anything today. I just now finally got all my groceries put away. Soon it will be time to go pick up my little grand daughter.
I think this time of year we are all fighting the blues. The holidays are over and for some of us we have yet again put on weight. That will always give you the blues. Some have also been fighting with illness.
Of course at times the weather can get to you also. All we can do is "keep on keeping on" and finally walk out of the blues!!!LOL
I most likely am crazy for having a child over who goes to school and may be contaminated with the flu virus. I did ask my son about it and he says so far everyone in their house is fine.
Lony...I hope you enjoyed your day out!
Have a good evening everyone.