Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #1771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I have it. My sugar is better controled when I eat some steady carbs, but i lose weight better on lower carbs. I try to eat moderate, and with medicine, mine is pretty well controlled. 6.1 was my last A1C.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #1772
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Sue, I have type 2. Whenever I was knocked up I had to be on insulin. After the miscarriages I would go back to quasi normal. I have found that with watching the carbs, moderate excercise and metformin I can keep everything under control. I know I should be eating more often then I do. I feel better and my BS stays in normal ranges.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #1773

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Sue I do, and the diabetes association diet is a huge joke!
that diet looks like it would increase the disease not ease it! ugh
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #1774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Thanks everyone for the info. I'm guessing each person requires something a little different when it comes to what they eat and how their body reacts.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #1775

Sue you are so right. It is a matter of finding your trigger foods and then avoiding them. Which stinks because your trigger foods are genrally the ones you love.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. I'm guessing each person requires something a little different when it comes to what they eat and how their body reacts.
Sue, how were you eating over the summer? I know you lost a lot of weight and that exercise was part of it. Think back. Were you just eating the same as always, the only change was the walking/stair climbing during the day? Or, did you eat less overall because you were working and only could eat at certain time of the day and so no grazing? Did you incorporate healthier foods because you noticed you were losing weight? My question boils down was exercise the only thing you changed?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Greetings! My weekend is here. It's kinda nice only having a 2 day work week. But I worked so hard these past two days it's like 4 days. hah!
And I still wind up leaving with work I wanted to do unfinished...but what can you do?

Deb hope Steven gets the part! Does he know which part he's got a shot at?

Sue I have prediabetes which will probably turn into full blown Type 2 if I don't stick with the healthier eating and get more exercise.

Linda so is the worst over with your eye surgery? I can't stand having drops put in my eyes either. I have to have DH do it and even then I fight him. haha

Chewie good job on the exercise!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #1778

Mona! HOWDY! happy weekend! IDK what part he put down ANY lol even makeup technical or props! we know the Dean will have the title role HUMPH! but he would really like the Fool! IDK though they probably want someone thinner for it but if he can roll over a table in a tavern brawl(last nights audition) even better than the thinner guys i think he could handle being the Fool! i am just hoping for anything cause i can tell he really wants it gah less than an hour before the list is posted
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #1779
Major LCF Poster!

Come on, Deb, we need details!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #1780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Sue, how were you eating over the summer? I know you lost a lot of weight and that exercise was part of it. Think back. Were you just eating the same as always, the only change was the walking/stair climbing during the day? Or, did you eat less overall because you were working and only could eat at certain time of the day and so no grazing? Did you incorporate healthier foods because you noticed you were losing weight? My question boils down was exercise the only thing you changed?
I have thought back and this basically was what I did.

Moved a lot daily.....
B- Atkins drink and a small banana OR 1 toast w/peanut butter & 1/2 banana
L- 1/2 sandwich...apple and a few baked chips OR salad with meat and yogurt.
S-Iced coffee made at home and sometimes a carrot, slice of meat OR some days just the coffee. Each day at work I would have 1 bite of ice cream so I wouldn't feel cheated when everyone else was eating some. On rare occasions I would have 1/2 c. of diet ice cream.
D-meat, a starch, veggies
S-sm. amount of pop corn....OR no sugar Popsicle...or fruit

I kept my breakfast and lunch light. My dinner was a little larger and it seemed to work really well doing it like this. I think anything you do where you cut back on calories and you get to moving is going to help you lose. The key to it all which I never seem to be able to control is keeping it off.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Come on, Deb, we need details!!!
lol i am here! crazy kid hasn't ggiven me many details!
Steven got 2 parts! he was soo excited he said "the Duke of something and a one line part Gentleman"LOL i guess he will know more after practice tonight he said he is pretty sure he gets to sword fight though

at the HS there isn't any internet to hook to so i had to text FB i was so excited that he got ANYTHING!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #1782
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so happy for him. Two parts is wonderful. Hope he has lots of fun. Won't that look good on a college application!!!

My grandson had the lead in an Elvis Christmas in his elementary last year. He is wanting to try for the lead in a spring musical about pirates. His mommy is the music director and doesn't like to give the lead to the same person twice, but sometimes if they are the best she has to do it. When he tried out last year, she narrowed it down to the three top and had some other teachers choose from them. They said Michael was the best by far. I know it is tough choosing.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #1783

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm so happy for him. Two parts is wonderful. Hope he has lots of fun. Won't that look good on a college application!!!

My grandson had the lead in an Elvis Christmas in his elementary last year. He is wanting to try for the lead in a spring musical about pirates. His mommy is the music director and doesn't like to give the lead to the same person twice, but sometimes if they are the best she has to do it. When he tried out last year, she narrowed it down to the three top and had some other teachers choose from them. They said Michael was the best by far. I know it is tough choosing.
COOL!
yeah this makes 2 plays he will have been in at Cumberland while still in HS i hope this goes well! we KNOW at least 2 practices will be 5+ hours long!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #1784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
YAY, Steven!!!!!Congrats, Deb! Happy for you all! Hope he loves the rest of the cast and the play.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #1785

i know 4 of the kids are ones who worked on "Don't fear the reaper " with him at the college last year and i think about 3 others used to be in his Drama class at the HS whoohoo! getting ready to go back there i may park closer to the biology building to see if the wifi works after hours it is a long way from the theatre building though
Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #1786

Deb, that boy needs to get a license so he can haul his own buns around!

Last edited by Lony; 01-16-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb, that boy needs to get a license so he can haul his own buns around!
since they changed where he takes his test it is 3 more months before they have an opening for him to even test! and we honestly can NOT afford to get insurance on him and he hasn't got a job to pay insurance SIGH so all he has is a permit(he doesn't have to be added on the ins to be covered with a permit)SIGH on evenings like tonight i would probably drive him anyways he is soo distracted all the time and all this wet cold crap out there eek!

Lucky they just showed that about the shootinga t hazard community college it waas people exchanging kids in a divorce type thing SIGH they just reported that the lady died
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Deb - Oh, this is so exciting for Steven. Nice to think of him being so happy. He really does seem to have a real thing for drama. Who knows where this will lead him - the way he gets into his parts. Exciting for mama too - this will keep him involved - I know how you worry about him. Moms do that.

Melinda - you better keep those pants handy lady - with the crazy weather anymore, you might need them again. Now you know why all of us love our pants - that cold air is just way to breezy.

Mona - no the worst is not over - I start prepping for eye #2 on Sunday. Just picked up the meds for that eye. The drops are really my bugaboo.......I'm having a terrible time with them. Poor dh.........

As a matter of fact - my apt this morning with the eye doc was really good. Pressure is down to normal, she had to use a stitch because of the swelling, took that out said that my vision with glasses will be 20/25 and thinks maybe even better when it's completely healed.
The tech nor the other doc I was to see could get the pressure - they had a terrible time with the drops and trying to get the reading.....my eye reflexes wouldn't cooperate. So, she comes in - numbs my eyes and gets a pressure reading - takes out the stitch.........whew - I really really hate having my eyes messed with.......and now I'm back on another drop.....ugh - did I ever tell you how much I hate drops..........put your big girl pants on Linda - you've got 6 weeks to go...............
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

Sue - interesting on the diabetes. I think the same thing - and yet - here I sit 300+. I will say though - when I had to have the physical before the eye surgery - and was told - incorrectly that my blood sugar was 329, I literally sat here in shock (for those 30 minutes), my thoughts ran from - 'well your weight caught up with you'.......I was literally so scared. My sil was just diagnosed a year ago - and she has really done so well with diet and exercise. Can hardly believe the difference in her looks - she looks better than she has ever looked. I have to say - your diet plan when you were working looks really good. How come it's so hard to stay with a program? Why can't it be easier to stay with something that's good for us? Let me know when you find the answers - I'd sure appreciate it.

Linda
Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

If you ever see Cara Cara navel oranges - stock up. They have to be one of the most delicious oranges I have ever had. They are pink - remind me of pink grapefruit in color - only deeper.......Got them at Trader Joe's today - now wish I had gotten 2 more bags. Little pricey - 6 for $3.99. But I am so tired of getting oranges that are just eh.......so to me they were worth it.

Linda
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #1791
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
since they changed where he takes his test it is 3 more months before they have an opening for him to even test! and we honestly can NOT afford to get insurance on him and he hasn't got a job to pay insurance SIGH so all he has is a permit(he doesn't have to be added on the ins to be covered with a permit)SIGH on evenings like tonight i would probably drive him anyways he is soo distracted all the time and all this wet cold crap out there eek!

Lucky they just showed that about the shootinga t hazard community college it waas people exchanging kids in a divorce type thing SIGH they just reported that the lady died
Think I would be trying to see if I could find a way to be sitting in on practices. That would be so neat...........watching a production come together - although - Steven probably wouldn't like it much.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - Oh, this is so exciting for Steven. Nice to think of him being so happy. He really does seem to have a real thing for drama. Who knows where this will lead him - the way he gets into his parts. Exciting for mama too - this will keep him involved - I know how you worry about him. Moms do that.

Melinda - you better keep those pants handy lady - with the crazy weather anymore, you might need them again. Now you know why all of us love our pants - that cold air is just way to breezy.

Mona - no the worst is not over - I start prepping for eye #2 on Sunday. Just picked up the meds for that eye. The drops are really my bugaboo.......I'm having a terrible time with them. Poor dh.........

As a matter of fact - my apt this morning with the eye doc was really good. Pressure is down to normal, she had to use a stitch because of the swelling, took that out said that my vision with glasses will be 20/25 and thinks maybe even better when it's completely healed.
The tech nor the other doc I was to see could get the pressure - they had a terrible time with the drops and trying to get the reading.....my eye reflexes wouldn't cooperate. So, she comes in - numbs my eyes and gets a pressure reading - takes out the stitch.........whew - I really really hate having my eyes messed with.......and now I'm back on another drop.....ugh - did I ever tell you how much I hate drops..........put your big girl pants on Linda - you've got 6 weeks to go...............
whoohoo! rthat is AWESOME news! you will be amazed at the difference! i am soo happy for you
have you seen the eye cup kinda thing that helps with drops?
something like this
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #1793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
KC - you are very insightful.......This is great advice. And Sue has posted how she lost the weight in detail. Now, I need to learn from this advice from 2 such smart ladies. Thanks.

Linda
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1794
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
whoohoo! rthat is AWESOME news! you will be amazed at the difference! i am soo happy for you
have you seen the eye cup kinda thing that helps with drops?
something like this
Thanks Deb - wonder how that would work with just 1 drop? I have to do 3 diff meds at 1 drop each 2 minutes apart. Wonder how that keeps the eye open? I figure my eyes will be clenched shut by the time this is over and done with.

Linda
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #1795

heard more about that shooting SIGh the man killed the kid's mom her uncle and her 13 year old cousin wow you gotta know the youngun saw that too
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #1796

Quote:
If you ever see Cara Cara navel oranges - stock up. They have to be one of the most delicious oranges I have ever had. They are pink - remind me of pink grapefruit in color - only deeper.......Got them at Trader Joe's today - now wish I had gotten 2 more bags. Little pricey - 6 for $3.99. But I am so tired of getting oranges that are just eh.......so to me they were worth it.

Linda
i have never seen them we have an earth fare an hour away i think it is similar to trader joes

Quote:
Think I would be trying to see if I could find a way to be sitting in on practices. That would be so neat...........watching a production come together - although - Steven probably wouldn't like it much.
i would but he would mess up so bad with me there he does soo much better if i am not there until the performance he says it would be fine for me to go in but always when i have been at his rehearsals before i make him nervous or something so i just hang out
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #1797

Quote:
Thanks Deb - wonder how that would work with just 1 drop? I have to do 3 diff meds at 1 drop each 2 minutes apart. Wonder how that keeps the eye open? I figure my eyes will be clenched shut by the time this is over and done with.

Linda
i think maybe since it covers it that it may make it dark in there and you can;t see it coming??? lol i always though it was to keep the drop from running down your face and you could turn your head to get it in there
i am so bad if i have to have the surgery i will have an awful time! i can't even force my eyes open for drops sometimes!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #1798

i need some good ideas for that 50th birthday on superbowl day! Bobby has everything and is good at everything he tries he built his house almost totally by himself we call him superman! honestly unreal!(and built quite a bit of our addition too)
anything he wants he just goes and buys or makes it! so IDK even what we could do for him
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #1799

eek pic was huge
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1800

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi peeps. Phew---just did the dreadmill. Went faster today, was even up to 2.7 mph. I ended up increasing distance and calories burned in about the same amount of time---give or take a few seconds. The mp3 player dh got for me really makes the time go by so much faster than just walking all bored. Although his choice of music isn't so good. I need more upbeat stuff so I can really move. LOL

Making quesadillas and soup tonight---using up all our leftover proteins. We have chili, pork roast, meatloaf and some chicken. I have cheddar and that's that. Was going to make smoked turkey paninis but didn't feel like going to the market. I have a whole smoked turkey in my frig outside.

Melinda sure has been quiet today.

Linda--20/25 is great!!! Glad things are going well. I also have a hard time with eye drops. My dh has to do them for me too---such a baby.

Deb--congrats to Steven. I told you he was gifted. I'm glad he got a part and not just one, but 2!!! That's awesome.

Hi Mona, happy weekend.

Lony---what's going on there in the frigid mountains????
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote