Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Looks like you have a lot of choices! Did you apply for all of these? My goodness those application fees really add up at $50 a pop.

This is a very exciting time for all of us as parents! Our babies are leaving the nest to venture out in the world. It is kind of sad but most of all very very exciting. And a lot of expenses!

Yeah, One of these colleges, UTA, is only about a 45 minute drive from here depending on traffic. UNT is probably about an hour away… It's about 40 miles but traffic from here to there is always at a standstill.
My GOD 50 bucks???? USC was 75 bucks!!! it cost me 450.00....though I think Cal Luthern, he said was like 30...

Elizakins.. I am so depressed...I knew this day was coming..and you know how I feel...my son unless he has to go to Junior college first...is planning on living on campus and not be home with me for another few years...

I was thinking the other day.. that my kid thinks he knows it all, maybe he is ready for the life lessons coming his way!!! LOL..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #152

Quote:
Thank you, friend! He has been looking at the Air Force most definitely, but we just found out that University of Texas at Arlington only has an Army ROTC program. And of the two universities UTA is the better one, so I don't know what were going to do. He may have to go to the UNT which has an Air Force ROTC program.

John was in the Navy. We have talked about this and told kiddo that it is better to go as an officer after he graduates from college. He wants to do a physics program and possibly work as a research scientist for the Air Force. I hope that works out.

My mother-in-law was an Army wife, and she has shared with me how very tough it was to always move around pack and unpack and having to always wait for your husband while he is in the field. You must have been through a lot
it's almost inspiring Elizakins.. that your sonny boy has these callings and ambitions...seriously I know I am in complete awe...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #153

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning everyone. Get to go home in 2 hours, then I get 3 days off. Yes! I was going to take down the Christmas decorations at work (which I put up around a month ago) but my back hurts and I just don't feel like it.

Going to try and take down the tree and all the misc. decorations at home sometime during my time off.

You know it's strange to hear some of the mothers on our board talking about all the work they are putting in on doing college applications for their kids and all the misc. paperwork involved. My mom never even asked if I wanted to go to college. She didn't care about anything in my life really, when I was in school. Never asked to see report cards. Wasn't very involved at all.

my Mommie with all her problems cared just didn't understand any of it she only got to go up to Dec of her 6th grade year i had to do all the stuff but if she could have helped on that i think she would have thought i do not remember the FAFSA from then but i did get pell grant

Quick FLYby working on my list!

i have to
-cancel 2 doc appointments
-make online , telephone and snail mail bills DONE
-SCHOLARSHIP papers for my DS17
-Josten's order for DS17
-STORE RUN and stick to a budgetDONE and put away!
-take down my Christmas village
-laundry in progress
- dishes DONE
-cooking in progress
Made out meds for week
beds made
critters fed
hope i don't wimp out!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #154

I have to finish paying bills on Friday...I have 4 bills and I need to stash away money for my car insurance.. so if I could slide my bills over to whose paying them today.. it would be appreciated!! LOL...

I slept in until 7am....now i am going to walk some...and then figure out what I am going to cook for dinner.. cause my house is bare... and I have no ambition to go out and get anything....lazy lazy lazy lazy....
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
We got nada from fafsa. Hope you are more successful. We were lucky and ds got his class ring the end of sophomore year. We paid it in 2 payments, a deposit and then the balance upon pick up. It is really a nice ring although when going through the school, it's pricey.
it will be walmart for the ring and we can use Ken's discount

the jostens order will just be a tassel and and about 10 invitation/announcements if they will let us order that low of an amount i only have maybe 3 people to send to and i would like to have one to put in the scrapbook i am hoping Steven can wear Kenny's cap and gown and save us that expense
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #156

You know what is so funny about my son, agitating to the max actually.. is that if I told him to do something, you have to remind him a 1000 times.. but I didn't know this.. and coincidentally we were talking about Fafsa here....I told myself I would remind him today.. cause he was the one who mentioned that his counselor told him, to start the process with it.. anyway.. this morning my hubs said to me that my son had started filling it out last night/early this morning, after I went to sleep.. but boy I can't get him to move on doing anything, not related to his interests..but thankfully he has started...I told hubs as soon as we get everything to do with the taxes we have to get it done..
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #157

Deb.. my son didn't want a class ring....
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #158

Quote:
Deb--I have to pay bills today too. That also means going through all the misc paperwork that is in a pile.

Plus I'd like to get some of the misc Christmas stuff put away but dh is home so I don't know if that will happen. He's like Mr. Christmas. Never wants to put away the decorations. It's time though.
i never do either and technically it isn't time Epiphany /Three kings Day/ La Bafana isn't until the 6th of January that is the end of Christmas december 25th is just the start

Quote:
In the Italian folklore, Befana is an old woman who delivers gifts to children throughout Italy on Epiphany Eve (the night of January 5) in a similar way to Sinterklaas or Santa Claus.[1]
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #159

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning! Can't believe it's Wednesday already. I just woke up

Time to go get some coffee, then I'll go back to catch up on the posts.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning Lonykins and Sue!!

I have one Christmas decoration up. and it's permanent!!!
hope those lights till make you smile!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #161

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

my Mommie with all her problems cared just didn't understand any of it she only got to go up to Dec of her 6th grade year i had to do all the stuff but if she could have helped on that i think she would have thought i do not remember the FAFSA from then but i did get pell grant
My mother made it through 8th grade. Things were sure different in those days.

Quick FLYby working on my list!

i have to
-cancel 2 doc appointments
-make online , telephone and snail mail bills DONE
-SCHOLARSHIP papers for my DS17
-Josten's order for DS17
-STORE RUN and stick to a budgetDONE and put away!
-take down my Christmas village
-laundry in progress
- dishes DONE
-cooking in progress
Made out meds for week
beds made
critters fed
hope i don't wimp out!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #162

Quote:
Good morning! Can't believe it's Wednesday already. I just woke up

Time to go get some coffee, then I'll go back to catch up on the posts.
when do you go back to school?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #163

OFF to do more Ashley said Steven can borrow the cap and gown!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #164

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Deb--we always leave the tree up till Jan 7--usually later. MIL still celebrates Ukrainian Christmas which is Jan 7. Actually, we are going to her house for dinner on Sunday, Jan 6, which is her Christmas eve. She is making homemade pierogis and all kinds of fish. Again, another Christmas eve we don't eat meat. So no cooking for us on Sunday, woohoo!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #165

Quote:
hope those lights till make you smile!
LOL DEB!! I have to laugh, I have only turned them on once!!! since our heater is broken.. I figure any heat from the lights in the house is appreciated LOLOLOLOL!!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Home at last! ahhhhh I had to stop by the local market for milk. Picked up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts too, on sale for $1.99/lb. A year or two ago I wouldn't bite until they were 0.99/lb but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for deals like that anymore.

I'd like to leave my tree up longer but it started getting really dry several days ago and now it's getting that "dead tree smell". I picked up a flyer from the market from the boy scouts. They will come to your curbside and pickup the tree for a $5.00 donation. Considering that Sanipac (our local trash company) wants $10 AND we have to cut it in half because it's over 6 feet (and we don't own a saw so we'd have to go buy one) it seems like the best choice.

It's 29 degrees here. Little bit of frost but no precipitation......glad because it would be an icy mess.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Deb--we always leave the tree up till Jan 7--usually later. MIL still celebrates Ukrainian Christmas which is Jan 7. Actually, we are going to her house for dinner on Sunday, Jan 6, which is her Christmas eve. She is making homemade pierogis and all kinds of fish. Again, another Christmas eve we don't eat meat. So no cooking for us on Sunday, woohoo!!!!
Yay! MIL is cooking for you for a change.

Congrats on fitting into that top you've had for awhile.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Good morning. Hump day. I'm at work, a bit perturbed about this whole hourly pay cut and all. Plus now I have to write out my hours. Grrrr Oh well, it should just motivate me to move on faster, right?

Dinner yesterday was really nice. The pork was awesome--we marinated it in a balsamic vinegar marinade---it was a little sweet but so moist. Plus dh's hopping john was great. Baked a frozen cherry pie for their dessert. I had a cup of decaf coffee for dessert.

NSV: I have on a blouse that I could never fit in. Bought it a few months ago at a thrift store.
Congrats, Chewie on the blouse fitting! Yay! Your dinner sounds really yummy, too. So sorry about the whole pay cut issue. Sure hope you will come across something better soon.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Yes they do want 2012 taxes
EEK! We haven't received the W-2s yet!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #170

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
So I guess the hubs is not leaving. And they are not going back to Colorado till Feb because it is too cold up there. Nice. I guess he will be going to South Dakota but his off time starts next wednesday so who knows.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon All!

I have unpacked suitcases and washed 5 loads of darks. Hung 4 of them up to dry and have a load of jeans in the dryer. Need to take the suitcases to the basement. I am showered and dressed. Today I have to go with ds to an appointment and get youngest to an ice skating gig with her Girl Scout Troop. It sure is bright and sunny out with the sunlight reflecting off of the snow.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #172

Quote:
you don't have to submit it to the IRS yet just have the info from it SIGH what a =mess and there is a darned deadline for this stuff too but i can not remember it
I think the deadline is 31 January or something like that. At least that's what my boy told me.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #173

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Exactly and they are not required by law to have them to you till the last day of this month.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
it will be walmart for the ring and we can use Ken's discount

the jostens order will just be a tassel and and about 10 invitation/announcements if they will let us order that low of an amount i only have maybe 3 people to send to and i would like to have one to put in the scrapbook i am hoping Steven can wear Kenny's cap and gown and save us that expense
I have friends who ordered their invitations from Costco. Can you check someplace like Vista Print or some such online to see if they would be cheaper? I am thinking that the minimum order may have been 25 with Josten's 4 years ago but Chewie just went through this last year so she may have more up to date info. My son and daughter both elected not to get class rings. Yay!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, you are allowed to estimate based on last year's tax info then you go back in later and update. That's what we did.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So I guess the hubs is not leaving. And they are not going back to Colorado till Feb because it is too cold up there. Nice. I guess he will be going to South Dakota but his off time starts next wednesday so who knows.
He is going to be working in South Dakota? It is less cold there?

So, I couldn't help but notice the little annoyed smilie dude.....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #177

Quote:
WOW Lonykins!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #178

My husband told me that my son told him last night...he was up when hubs came home at 2am.. that the tax info has to be done by March or something, I will have to ask him when he gets up.... so I am hoping by Jan 31st we have the stuff and we can do the taxes early this year...

I can't believe it's almost worse than buying a house with all the financial info they have listed..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #179

May I ask what you need invitations/announcements for????

oh wow some people throw parties right?? for the graduate...he will be lucky if I can take him to Carrows....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #180

Quote:
Exactly and they are not required by law to have them to you till the last day of this month.
It seems we always get ours like Jan 31st...