LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Linda.. Welcome back.....

Chewie.. I am glad you enjoyed it.. probably it's good for you because of the protein.. but it just didn't do it for me...I thought it would though.. it's a good idea, I have to give Cleo much credit.....

I am not feeling very well.. a bunch of family crap hit the fan yesterday....it's one of those things....it seems that one side forgets what they did in the very beginning to get to where we are today.. but enough said.. anyway I didn't eat anything.. I told Lonykins.. whom I love to death.. that other than my mother dying, this was the first time, I didn't feel like eating.. usually I eat to block out the emotional stuff.. I just didn't feel like eating a damn thing...

But now I am going to run and make myself some diet hot chocolate.....and maybe take a nap.. it's so cold in my house..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #1682

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Melindapoo will your home warranty junk cover getting the furnace fixed?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #1683

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
No Lonykins.. I have had the same home warranty since 1993..and they probably would have.. however I didn't know that in recent years.. they changed their policy.. they have a basic, silver and gold plan....it's only the gold plan that covers everything...I only had the basic, so I was paying the 65 dollar deductible only to have the plumber say oh your not covered on the plan. and it was the water heater Fiasco plumber that explained to us about the recent changes in their plans.. we had no idea...hubs thinks it's the thermostat...he is hoping our handy man Carlos can handle that.. so...I think starting on Wed the air is going to move out of here... because they are talking about almost 80 degree weather in the next few days...bleck..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #1684

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I have a confession to make........I'm really a 90 year old............

Well according to the eye doc - the cataract was thick - lol - during surgery I remembered her saying 'She's awfully young to have one this thick'..........ugh - aren't I special?

Bottom line, she said she had to use more 'energy' to take it off, therefore would be a couple extra days of blurry vision.

The drops are kicking my butt........I hate them - dh is having a terrible time trying to get them in before i clench my eye shut. And I still have 6 weeks to go between the left eye and the right one too. It's been an interesting week for sure. But, just like on plan, the blurring has left. I can finally use the computer without making my eyes cross - something about the blue light emitting or something like that. I'm not computer literate, so I just left it alone - till now. I go back to see the eye doc on Wednesday morning.

Thanks for all the good thoughts during all of this. I really appreciate it very much.

I did sneak through the posts - lol - looking for a baby picture of Layla. Could not resist. Just knew that Sue would post a picture on Saturday sometime. So sweet and Eli - so cute.

Been listening to a lot of the news - wow - between the weather being crazy - and the flu - I'm staying home as much as possible.

HI Everyone - I've missed you.

Linda
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #1685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi Lynn.....we think she is just a doll. That is how grand parents are!!
Chewie....Dinner here tonight will be roast, carrots, broccoli, small sw. pot. and maybe the broiled Kale I have been wanting to try. All will be small portions and I am going to TRY working on how fast I eat. Does anyone else have the problem of eating fast?

So here are a couple of cute things said by a 3 yr. old this morning to his mom.

Eli....mom are we going to papa and nana's today?
Mom...No, not today Eli.
Eli....why not? Are they closed? If they are we can knock and they can open up!
------------------------------

Mom (breast feeding Layla)
Eli....what are you doing?????
Mom.....this is how she gets her milk Eli. I am feeding her.
Eli....hmmmmm well that is weird. (he turns and walks off).
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Linda! Glad the surgery went well. Even with a few extra days of recovery, everything should be back to normal soon, accompanied by great vision

Freezing rain/ sleet/ and snow mix outside with freezing temperatures and they didn't even delay the start of school. Many accidents on the roads already. Wish me luck.
WOWZA!! i tell ya this weather is just soo crazy!!!
Sue oh wowo! look at her HAIR!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #1687

Melinda our walmarts has a small infrared heater for like 80 bucks and it can be moved room to room. good thing about those if the dogs rub against it they wouldn't get burned we got Kenny and Ashley a similar one from sears for Christmas
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #1688

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Eli is so cute. Sue---your dinner sounds good. I have not tried that kale yet.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #1689

I have a funny(actually ironic and a tad mean): my evil SIL just retired and moved to Kentucky to be with her only child, her daughter and new grandson--born in Feb. Anyway, dd's dh got a job transfer and they just left to live in Azirona. SIL had left her beloved N.J. to move to Kentucky in an apartment and now she's there till her dd's house sells. LOL Ha ha I find it funny. She and my BIL(dh's older brother) still have a house in Trenton, N.J that they are renting. I have no idea where she's going to go---N.J. or AZ now. He's between Kentucky and N.J.--he travels a lot for work---salesman. When I heard this, I cracked up. She is evil incarnated so she deserves it.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #1690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On a whim the other day I picked up 2 cans of crab meat and bought them. I have no idea what to do with it. I guess I picked them up thinking I would make some fried patties. I had just watched a food show with some. Of course they used the real deal.....not some canned stuff. Any suggestions?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
On a whim the other day I picked up 2 cans of crab meat and bought them. I have no idea what to do with it. I guess I picked them up thinking I would make some fried patties. I had just watched a food show with some. Of course they used the real deal.....not some canned stuff. Any suggestions?
I have 2 favorites that use canned crab. One is called crabby muffins and it's a spread that is put on top of English muffins. Awesome. The other is a hot crab dip. I don't use canned crab for any main meals---just apps. If you want the recipes, let me know.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1692

Steven just called(from school so i knew it was a big deal) he got a call back for tonight and he is supposed to be ready to do combat scenes EEK!
Chewie ekk about your SIL! and IDK about things selling here in KY there are places that have been for sale for years and no go look like nice houses too
i fixed chili for tonight and Ken said he would take the leftover meatloaf to work and unless i have hot dogs i don't think Steven would really want it oh well ibet he will be too nervous to eat anyhow he sure sounds excited
wonder who in King Lear fights??
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Chewie...if it's no bother you might post the recipes "if" they are somewhat LC. Would the spread or dip be good on something like celery?
I did go to Linda Sue's recipes and came up with this one that looks good also.

CRAB CAKES
6 ounces crab meat *
1 pound pollock, cooked and flaked **
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
4 green onions, chopped fine
2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
2 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, finely ground
Oil, for frying

In a medium bowl, break up the pollock with your fingers until it's finely shredded. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients, except the crab meat, coconut and oil, until well blended. Gently fold in the crab meat, trying not to break it up too much. Divide into 6 equal portions on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Gently shape into patties with your hands; chill two hours. Put the coconut in a small shallow dish. Carefully set one crab cake in the coconut and gently turn over to coat the other side; place back on the wax paper. Repeat to coat all of the patties. Chill at least 1 hour. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties 4-5 minutes per side, flipping carefully, until golden brown on each side.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen, but they get a little watery

* I used the fresh kind that's found in the seafood department, not canned. It comes in a foil pouch and contains no added liquid. If you use canned crab meat, you may need two cans to get a full 6 ounces after draining.

** You should end up with about 8 ounces of cooked fish. I used 2 fillets (12 ounces total) and came a bit short with only a 7 ounce yield. If you can't get pollock, any mild white fish will work.

Per Serving: 292 Calories; 22g Fat; 21g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

These taste very nice and have a kick of heat from the cayenne. They're very delicate and you must turn them very gently when cooking. When you cook your fish, go easy on the salt or don't salt it at all. There is plenty of salt in the Old Bay. If you can afford to use all crab meat I'm sure these would taste even better.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Steven just called(from school so i knew it was a big deal) he got a call back for tonight and he is supposed to be ready to do combat scenes EEK!
Chewie ekk about your SIL! and IDK about things selling here in KY there are places that have been for sale for years and no go look like nice houses too
i fixed chili for tonight and Ken said he would take the leftover meatloaf to work and unless i have hot dogs i don't think Steven would really want it oh well ibet he will be too nervous to eat anyhow he sure sounds excited

Good news on Steven!!!
I love left over meat loaf sandwiches!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1695

Sue--- truthfully, neither would be good for lc--unless you make some lc crackers for the hot dip. Sorry.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1696

Deb---I think the house in in Louisville so it might be easier to sell there. I have no idea nor do I care. What goes around, comes around. Kwim?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #1697

Congrats to Steven. He is so gifted.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #1698

wonder who in King Lear fights?? eta I LOOKED IT UP ONLINE AND HAVE SOME YOUTUBE VIDS FLUNG TO THE TV READY FOR HIM TO LOOK AT WHEN HE GETS HOME :d) gosh darned caps lock!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Congrats to Steven. He is so gifted.
it is just a call back but he is sooo excited! thank you soo much Chewie
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I work at the "sometimes" slow place tonight so maybe I can post more later. I went shopping after work and now I'm taking my meds...so I don't have time for much right now. But I must say this: Layla has so much hair! What a cutie.

Bye for now!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #1701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Mona.....thanks on Layla. DD kept telling me what bad heart burn she was having and that meant she was going to have a hairy baby!!!!!LOL She was right!!!!!!
Chewie.....thanks on the crab. I think I will make the cakes and maybe bake them instead of frying. I am going try staying away from frying if I can most of the time.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #1702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Afternoon All! OMG Sue! When I scrolled down and that photo came up, my first thought was "Wow! She looks like Sue!" (meaning your daughter looks like you) Pretty girl. Did Eli have that much hair, too? I know he has a lot now. That is such a great photo. Thanks for posting it here, too.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #1703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow! How exciting for all of you and especially Steven! Hope he does well again tonight!

Quote:
I have a funny(actually ironic and a tad mean): my evil SIL just retired and moved to Kentucky to be with her only child, her daughter and new grandson--born in Feb. Anyway, dd's dh got a job transfer and they just left to live in Azirona. SIL had left her beloved N.J. to move to Kentucky in an apartment and now she's there till her dd's house sells. LOL Ha ha I find it funny. She and my BIL(dh's older brother) still have a house in Trenton, N.J that they are renting. I have no idea where she's going to go---N.J. or AZ now. He's between Kentucky and N.J.--he travels a lot for work---salesman. When I heard this, I cracked up. She is evil incarnated so she deserves it.
So are you thinking the daughter and SIL transferred to get away from her?......
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Wow! How exciting for all of you and especially Steven! Hope he does well again tonight!

So are you thinking the daughter and SIL transferred to get away from her?......
No, unfortunately my sil's dd is just like sil. It was just a job issue. It's just funny and I love it. Now sil is stuck in Kentucky until ????
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi Lynn.....we think she is just a doll. That is how grand parents are!!
Chewie....Dinner here tonight will be roast, carrots, broccoli, small sw. pot. and maybe the broiled Kale I have been wanting to try. All will be small portions and I am going to TRY working on how fast I eat. Does anyone else have the problem of eating fast?

So here are a couple of cute things said by a 3 yr. old this morning to his mom.

Eli....mom are we going to papa and nana's today?
Mom...No, not today Eli.
Eli....why not? Are they closed? If they are we can knock and they can open up!
------------------------------

Mom (breast feeding Layla)
Eli....what are you doing?????
Mom.....this is how she gets her milk Eli. I am feeding her.
Eli....hmmmmm well that is weird. (he turns and walks off).
Funny stories. Reminds me of that old show "KIds Say the Darndest Things". Love kids 5 and under. They say the most adorable things.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1706

Howdy KC and Chewie!

lol WHY did i think of Fred when i saw this??
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1707

I came home and cleaned kitchen, emptied te d.w., moved laundry to te dryer---sorry stupid letter after g again. I'm enjoying some wite cocolate coffee rigt now===yum.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1708

Quote:
Howdy KC and Chewie!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #1709

Quote:
I came home and cleaned kitchen, emptied te d.w., moved laundry to te dryer---sorry stupid letter after g again. I'm enjoying some wite cocolate coffee rigt now===yum.
today my "A' has decided to type 5 times for every time i push it

do you have an canned air?? blowing it out might help that H i just think my keyboard is haunted! cause it picks something different every day and i have used canned air and i even have those tiny attachments for the vacuum?? SIGH i have even used a dry toothbrush and it still acts weird! but i still prefer it over Steven's he has an acer laptop and i HATE his keyboard! we had an acer desktop for years and loved it but his laptop ugh no
Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #1710

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Howdy KC and Chewie!

because that is what he looks like. He runs way out to his tree to do his business and I better have the door open when he comes sprinting back or he will bonk his head.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote