LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #1651
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Congrats Chewie...

I will see you guys later...I all of a sudden don't feel so great...someone is going to pay for making me feel like this...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #1652

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Congrats Chewie...

I will see you guys later...I all of a sudden don't feel so great...someone is going to pay for making me feel like this...
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #1653

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
She is 23 and she has not unfriended me but she does not post much because they don't have internet. She will get over it, I am just very dissapointed in her. Her and her DH have no ambition to further their lives. It just breaks my heart the way the children are being raised. She NEVER puts shoes on the kids, even when they are outside. They also taught Baby Lony how to pick her nose so they don't have to mess with wiping it.

I know I didn't raise her that way, or at lest I tried.
oh no Lony!!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #1654

i gotta run again
apparently open auditions for King lear at the college and Steven just found out about it!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
OK NSV for me!! well sort of... so as I am getting ready to go to walk to the mechanics.. I realize that one it is so cold out there and 2 worse of all the wind is blowing and we have a wind adversary....it's blowing over 40 miles per hour...so I did it I wore my pants with my dress!! WOOOHOOO.. I can't even remember the last time I wore pants in public...of course my purple dress was down to my knees....LOL wait until I tell hubs.. but the good thing is that the car so far knock wood, started smooth.. and the new battery is in...and all is well..he said a battery usually lasts 3 years and it was 3 years in March.. but honestly it felt like yesterday I changed that battery...oh well.. nothing like going somewhere with the batter dead, been there done that a few times.. don't want to do that again...so now I am going to make everyone's lunch and dinner, before I get lazy again..
i always get the 7 year ones glad you went out with your pants on!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I lost 30 lbs. Today is 6 weeks so I guess its 5 lbs a week. I really need to start my walking. I told te trut about it and at least I feel good for not lieing.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #1657
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I have a confession to make........I'm really a 90 year old............

Well according to the eye doc - the cataract was thick - lol - during surgery I remembered her saying 'She's awfully young to have one this thick'..........ugh - aren't I special?

Bottom line, she said she had to use more 'energy' to take it off, therefore would be a couple extra days of blurry vision.

The drops are kicking my butt........I hate them - dh is having a terrible time trying to get them in before i clench my eye shut. And I still have 6 weeks to go between the left eye and the right one too. It's been an interesting week for sure. But, just like on plan, the blurring has left. I can finally use the computer without making my eyes cross - something about the blue light emitting or something like that. I'm not computer literate, so I just left it alone - till now. I go back to see the eye doc on Wednesday morning.

Thanks for all the good thoughts during all of this. I really appreciate it very much.

I did sneak through the posts - lol - looking for a baby picture of Layla. Could not resist. Just knew that Sue would post a picture on Saturday sometime. So sweet and Eli - so cute.

Been listening to a lot of the news - wow - between the weather being crazy - and the flu - I'm staying home as much as possible.

HI Everyone - I've missed you.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #1658

Linda I am so glad you are feeling better! LOL on having 90 year old eyes.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1659
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Quote:
Linda I am so glad you are feeling better! LOL on having 90 year old eyes.
I'm still scratching my head over that one. When I asked her how in the world I was seeing so well, she said she has no idea - maybe pin holes in the cataract. Wonder if the other one will be so thick. You are really cold up there. Don't envy you - although - how in the world the flu can be so widespread in all that freezing weather is beyond me. Stay warm. Linda
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #1660
Major LCF Poster!

Lony - I don't remember whether I thanked you for your pickled green bean recipe or not - but thanks for posting it. Question though - what would happen if I didn't can them - think I can just do a jar using cleaned fresh green beans? I'm a country girl - and have never canned a thing in my life. I'm a freezer fan big time. My poor mother was appalled - she canned so many things all her life. I look at it as how much time and toil I have saved myself through the years. Linda
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #1661
Major LCF Poster!

Lony - forgot - I'm also thinking of doing the same pickling with frozen asparagus. Think it's worth my time?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lony - I don't remember whether I thanked you for your pickled green bean recipe or not - but thanks for posting it. Question though - what would happen if I didn't can them - think I can just do a jar using cleaned fresh green beans? I'm a country girl - and have never canned a thing in my life. I'm a freezer fan big time. My poor mother was appalled - she canned so many things all her life. I look at it as how much time and toil I have saved myself through the years. Linda
Well I am not sure Linda, you could make a small batch and put them in the fridge. I am sure they would pickle that way, just not last as long. I think I personally would use fresh instead of frozen veggies. But again, you could give it a shot.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Well according to the eye doc - the cataract was thick - lol - during surgery I remembered her saying 'She's awfully young to have one this thick'..........ugh - aren't I special?

Bottom line, she said she had to use more 'energy' to take it off, therefore would be a couple extra days of blurry vision.

The drops are kicking my butt........I hate them - dh is having a terrible time trying to get them in before i clench my eye shut. And I still have 6 weeks to go between the left eye and the right one too. It's been an interesting week for sure. But, just like on plan, the blurring has left. I can finally use the computer without making my eyes cross - something about the blue light emitting or something like that. I'm not computer literate, so I just left it alone - till now. I go back to see the eye doc on Wednesday morning.

Thanks for all the good thoughts during all of this. I really appreciate it very much.

I did sneak through the posts - lol - looking for a baby picture of Layla. Could not resist. Just knew that Sue would post a picture on Saturday sometime. So sweet and Eli - so cute.

Been listening to a lot of the news - wow - between the weather being crazy - and the flu - I'm staying home as much as possible.

Linda
Hi Linda!!! I am sorry that the eye was worse than expected. Glad the drops aren't burning so much now and you can tolerate the computer a bit now. I hope the second eye won't be as bad as the first and the recovery not so hard.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #1664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
kcmama....pictures just for you....I think we might be able to braid Layla's hair!!!!LOL Sorry they are such big pics.
Picture of DD and her and me with Layla.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #1665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening everyone....
It is SOOOO cold here that it has my knees aching this evening. I think it is going to hit around 13 here tonight.
Linda, glad to hear you are doing better!!! Hubs is having the same surgery next Monday. Let me know if you make the pickled gr. beans. They sound good.
Chewie.....here is another happy dance for you!!!
Well I stepped on the scale today. It wasn't such a pretty site. I have put back on 21 libs. I am at 310 That is about all I need to say about that!!!! I've had a good day with my eating. If only every day could be so successful!! Actually I figured I had gained even more than I had. I can sure tell in my clothing and even sitting in my bath tub I just don't fit in it as good as I did 21 lbs. ago!!! Oh well....it's back to basics once again. Lower carbs....less calories....more veggies and a few fruits.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #1666

Sue I have put on 20ish pounds too.

OMG Layla is sooooooooooooo cute!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #1667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony....last year at this time we were worried sick over DS and DIL . We were sick over what it was doing to our 3 young grand kids. What a difference a year can make. Things are so much better now. All you can do is give it time and just love those babies and do what you can for them as a grand parent. As I have always said to my kids when I tell them something that makes them mad......you can get happy in the same pants you got mad it. Hopefully they will find out living off the government isn't such a good thing after all.
Oh...as far as teaching the kids to pick their nose really? I just thought that came natural!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sue I have put on 20ish pounds too.

OMG Layla is sooooooooooooo cute!
Yes but the good part for you is that even with putting that on you will soon be back in "Onederland" soon!!!!!!!!!!! Me....I'll still be at the top of "Tooterville" TooT Toot....here I come AGAIN TWOterville!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda.....I'll see ya in the office in the morning. I am about to freeze. I am heading to my bed where I have my electric blanket on. Nothing feels as good as getting in a warm bed!! Eli loves taking a nap in my bed with the blanket on. I swear you can see happy all over his little face!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #1670

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Linda! Glad the surgery went well. Even with a few extra days of recovery, everything should be back to normal soon, accompanied by great vision

Freezing rain/ sleet/ and snow mix outside with freezing temperatures and they didn't even delay the start of school. Many accidents on the roads already. Wish me luck.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #1671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Eliza...you EARLY riser you!!

Time to rise and get a cup of coffee ladies!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #1672
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
What a gorgeous baby, Sue...congratulations....new grandchildren are so exciting...and you don't have to get up in the middle of the night..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #1673

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quick good morning to everyone, is all I can say right now...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1674

Good morning sunshines. Woke up to more snow, blah.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #1675

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Linda
Praying for you, Linda. One down and only one to go.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #1676

Good morning. Dh had to go into work early today so he let me sleep in and took ds to football and woke up other ds. I was a lazy head. Had my coffee by the fire watching good morning america. Although they had a singing group of kids from Newtown on singing "over the rainbow" and that made me cry for those babies and families.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #1677

Sue--wow, Layla has a ton of hair.
Glad ds and dil are doing well now.

Eliza--I saw the ice stuff for your area. I hope you made it safe and sound. How are you feeling? You sure do have long days.

Melinda--feeling any better today?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #1678

Review of Cleo's chicken/cheese pizza crust: Very good. I liked it a lot. It wasn't as crispy as I prefer but it is a keeper. Melinda---I spiced up the mixture a lot with basil, rosemary, garlic, onion powder. I don't think it'd be very good with just chicken and cheese. I ate a whole piece.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #1679

So what's on everyone's dinner menu? I'm making beef stew. Yum. Dh bought me a new 6 1/2 quart dutch oven and I'm going to make it in there. Not sure if I'm going to add the potatoes or make mashed on the side. Will decide later.

I also didn't get to make the eggplant parm yesterday. I think I'll make it tonight for dinner tomorrow---we're supposed to have smoked turkey paninis and that will go well with the eggplant. I have a whole smoked turkey I got all thawed out and ready to go.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #1680
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Linda, I don't think the pickled green beans will work without cooking them some. When you can them, you are cooking them. I might try cooking a little and then pickling.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote