Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #1531
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi girls, sorry I haven't been on much lately. Work has required long hours from 7:40 till 6 or 7 at night some of the days and when I get home all I can do is quickly throw something to eat together and then veg out for an hour in front of the TV before I need to go to bed and start all over again the following morning.

I spent the whole day yesterday recuperating and I'm happy to say I'm much better. However, all of yesterday's chores had to be done today. I'm almost done, but still have one more load of laundry and lesson plans to do.

Next week is another busy day for me - staff meeting after work on Monday, parent presentation on Tuesday that will keep me at work for a full 12 hours till 7:30 pm, and chiropractor on Wed at 5:15.....so wish me luck, this much activity is not for a middle aged fat person like me.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #1532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi girls, sorry I haven't been on much lately. Work has required long hours from 7:40 till 6 or 7 at night some of the days and when I get home all I can do is quickly throw something to eat together and then veg out for an hour in front of the TV before I need to go to bed and start all over again the following morning.

I spent the whole day yesterday recuperating and I'm happy to say I'm much better. However, all of yesterday's chores had to be done today. I'm almost done, but still have one more load of laundry and lesson plans to do.

Next week is another busy day for me - staff meeting after work on Monday, parent presentation on Tuesday that will keep me at work for a full 12 hours till 7:30 pm, and chiropractor on Wed at 5:15.....so wish me luck, this much activity is not for a middle aged fat person like me.
Sorry your schedule has been so hectic lately.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning friends. It's a cold one here too. 28 degrees right now. We are nice and toasty in the house, however.

Melinda how is your heater situation doing? I was happy to see that your son's team won. I remember you said he was rooting for the Ravens. But now Chewie's son is mad. hahaha.

KCMama I'm glad that you were able to get the note for your son and that he was able to swim.

I called in sick for work tonight. I have to take this medicine whenever my BP goes up over 150 and it's still doing that and the medicine makes me feel very woozy and tired. Don't need to be driving and doing important technical work under those conditions.

That crockpot BBQ chicken recipe didn't come out looking like the picture at all! It got all soupy. The pix shows this nice, thick sauce all browned around it. I swear they must've cheated and run it under the broiler--which is what I'm going to do. But first I have to thicken up the sauce...it's like a thin soup. I'm simmering it on the stove. Since the chicken wasn't done yet when we were hungry I made us some frozen fish fillets and fried potatoes.
Mona, don't you absolutely hate it when some recipe looks super good in the picture and then it turns out to be so disappointing?!!! Have you tried sauteeing the chicken in a little bit of butter before you put it in the crockpot? It may also keep the chicken breasts together and not allow it to fall apart. DH and I absolutely dislike the taste and texture of crockpot chicken so I don't cook it that way, but I know with beef I always give it a little sear before I put it in the crockpot and that may also help the chicken.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So just because, I shopped at catherines. My total came to $362 before discounts. Then it came to $115 for 6 tops and a cute bedazzled compact. Free ship to store. I just can't spend that much. Sigh. I wish I had extra money to spend. Oh well, closing the page now.
Chewie, I am so sorry about the shopping thing. It sucks

One way to look at this is you're losing weight so quickly, that these beautiful tops probably will not fit you properly for an extended period of time, they will become way too large for you to wear.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #1535

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

it is HOT here today! 75 degrees! and pouring the rain! i took all the fans to storage ugh but i sure wish i had one to turn on in here today! i was planning on meatloaf but i don't want to heat up the oven WHEW

and i need some coffee!
Deb, enjoy your beautiful warm sunny weather!

How has Ken's work been? Does he still feel like they're watching him? I am so sorry about your troubles with the insurance paying for his airlift. I have dealt with insurance companies before and I owe some of my gray here to that. Sending many positive vibes and prayers your way so that you may have the strength and energy to pester them in resolve this in your favor.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #1536

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Deb, enjoy your beautiful warm sunny weather!

How has Ken's work been? Does he still feel like they're watching him? I am so sorry about your troubles with the insurance paying for his airlift. I have dealt with insurance companies before and I owe some of my gray here to that. Sending many positive vibes and prayers your way so that you may have the strength and energy to pester them in resolve this in your favor.
that is just it NOT SUNNY! pouring the rain so humid it is hard to breathe

yeah ken is afraid everyday he is going to make another mistakes we are just going day by day i know everyone will get tired of me asking 4 days a week for good thoughts to get him through

has your son heard back from any of the college he is interested in?
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #1537

Lony, where are you girl? How is the weather in Wyoming? Are you guys staying warm? When is Mike leaving?

Linda, hope your knees are doing much much better.

Sue, we are expecting more pictures of cute baby Lela!

KC, hope your son's hand heals quickly. Sounds like he has a tough guy who is working through the pain and discomfort in order to swim.

Melinda, you know my son missed his senior pictures. He goes to a technology center for the first three periods of the day and I guess this is when the pictures were announced so we had no clue. I guess, when we get the cap and gown, I will take him to Sears or Walmart photo center and will take the pictures that way. I need a few but one 8 x 10 especially for my mother. And probably another 8 x 10 for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Both mine and DH's parents are divorced so we need two sets for each pair.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-13-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mona, don't you absolutely hate it when some recipe looks super good in the picture and then it turns out to be so disappointing?!!! Have you tried sauteeing the chicken in a little bit of butter before you put it in the crockpot? It may also keep the chicken breasts together and not allow it to fall apart. DH and I absolutely dislike the taste and texture of crockpot chicken so I don't cook it that way, but I know with beef I always give it a little sear before I put it in the crockpot and that may also help the chicken.
Yes, DH always gets a little leery when I tell him I'm making a recipe from the Internet. Actually the breasts I put in frozen and I only cooked them for the time stated. The meat is actually good and juicy. I have not had good luck with chicken in the crockpot so I was pleased about that. But the sauce was pretty horrible. LOL. I tried to brown some sauce onto the breasts under the broiler but it wasn't happening so I just slapped them on a bun and called it done! DH raved about them. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #1539

Quote:
that is just it NOT SUNNY! pouring the rain so humid it is hard to breathe

yeah ken is afraid everyday he is going to make another mistakes we are just going day by day i know everyone will get tired of me asking 4 days a week for good thoughts to get him through

has your son heard back from any of the college he is interested in?
No, he hasn't heard from any of them yet. At least nothing definitive. We just received their general mailings and how good it is to go to their colleges. One of the colleges he applied to send him a letter which mentioned that his SAT in a CT scores are higher than their average score.

Of course, we just recently applied, we were not some of the more early birds, so it may take a while and I'm also thinking that we will not hear until after he graduates in his transcripts are transferred from the high school?

The state colleges he applied to are about $8K a year for tuition alone. I still have no idea how we are going to pay for it but with student loans for a large part of it. I know that may not be much for some, but for us it is quite a bit. There is a really good college here in Ft. Worth, a private one, tuition for one year is 30K. It's a great college, but we didn't even bother to apply. I don't want my kid to graduate with a lot of debt.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #1540

Quote:
No, he hasn't heard from any of them yet. At least nothing definitive. We just received their general mailings and how good it is to go to their colleges. One of the colleges he applied to send him a letter which mentioned that his SAT in a CT scores are higher than their average score.

Of course, we just recently applied, we were not some of the more early birds, so it may take a while and I'm also thinking that we will not hear until after he graduates in his transcripts are transferred from the high school?

The state colleges he applied to are about $8K a year for tuition alone. I still have no idea how we are going to pay for it but with student loans for a large part of it. I know that may not be much for some, but for us it is quite a bit. There is a really good college here in Ft. Worth, a private one, tuition for one year is 30K. It's a great college, but we didn't even bother to apply. I don't want my kid to graduate with a lot of debt.
sometimes the private ones offer pretty good scholarships and yeah i hear ya on the prices! UGh
all the colleges are using their transcripts up til now
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #1541

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
howdy Eliza and melinda!
what kind of disaster have you got going on Melinda?? just mail me the dinner plate i won't be a bother seriously it sounds good! i cobbled up some sloppy joes and made a boxed jambalaya i found a monkey bread recipe i wanted to try and of course that meatloaf but i am not heating that oven up today! and UGH i hate to have to buy more hamburger!
Where to start my short ribs sharred in the pressure cooker so there goes my tacos....I was going to make Lony's potpie, but my back can't handle standing up and I only have 2 things made...I feel Blecky...plus I have to take my car In tomorrow for a tune up..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #1542

Quote:
sometimes the private ones offer pretty good scholarships and yeah i hear ya on the prices! UGh
all the colleges are using their transcripts up til now
Your lucky Elizakins.....because my son wouldn't listen...nor would he me pick his colleges..grrr hard headed kid..
Old 01-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #1543

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Where to start my short ribs sharred in the pressure cooker so there goes my tacos....I was going to make Lony's potpie, but my back can't handle standing up and I only have 2 things made...I feel Blecky...plus I have to take my car In tomorrow for a tune up..
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #1544

Thanks Deb just not my day.,.I have my small meatloaf, made and cooking now....I am going to roast Kielbasa and potato next...fry up some chicken breast...I am trying to figure out if I can make my Tacos in the oven..and I have a giant pan of veggies to roast..along with heating backup my sausage balls and pizza casserole....just trying to do a bit at a time....they aren't going to starve, but I fear it all tastes like crap...because of my lousy back..I did make a fruit salad, regular salad and imitation crab salad this morning,,,

Feels just like a crappy day today... But tomorrow a new day I guess.....the day I bring my car in for a tune upLOL

Last edited by crazyone; 01-13-2013 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #1545

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Note to self: Do NOT go to the outdoor gun range when it is 9 degrees outside. It was fun though. Fingers are thawed now I just have to wait to feel my toes.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1546

LOL you may have to blow on them!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Note to self: Do NOT go to the outdoor gun range when it is 9 degrees outside. It was fun though. Fingers are thawed now I just have to wait to feel my toes.
I can just imagine it! Sorry, don't mean to laugh....
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1548

Hahaha laugh it up. I shot my attacker in the arm, shot the gun out of his hand then I gut shot him and blew his brains out. Of couse my attacker was a paper target
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #1549

Quote:
Hahaha laugh it up. I shot my attacker in the arm, shot the gun out of his hand then I gut shot him and blew his brains out. Of couse my attacker was a paper target
have you seen the zombie targets?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #1550

Ya, I am all about the printable ones. I like cheap.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #1551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good evening....
Mona, I'm glad your BP is heading down! Eliza....I just posted more pics over on FB. I don't want to over do here!LOL I will post some pics I take tomorrow night of Layla in her new room at home.
Deb....maybe some of this cold air will head over towards your way soon! I think it is going to warm back up here they say.
Melinda.....is your back acting up? I guess I missed out on that. I hope it is better tomorrow!!!!
OMG Lony!!!!! 9 degrees!!! That is just crazy cold!! I just thought it was cold here the last couple of days!
Chewie...you will be in some of your old clothes that you haven't been able to fit in soon enough and you will have some new clothes that way!!

Hi to everyone else who hasn't wrote today. Have a great evening!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1552

Quote:
Hey I am not laughing! It was the blowing on your Han remark...LOL..I am a freak what can I say...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Hey I am not laughing! It was the blowing on your Han remark...LOL..I am a freak what can I say...
You are a freak but we love you.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Speaking of zombies....I feel like one. I am up waaaay too late. G'nite ladies.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Speaking of zombies....I feel like one. I am up waaaay too late. G'nite ladies.
Night night Mona,, ,sweet dreams...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #1556

Quote:
You are a freak but we love you.
Jeese Lonykins...,been PMSing for literally 3 months.,...I hope this helps me...that TOM arrived...I have been Blecky bloated and bad..on another note I am trying a parsnip for the first time...I put celery root, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts and parsnips roasting....
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #1557

Melinda I hope your dinner was a success!

I am going to crawl into my warm bed and snooze this cold night away.

Sleep sweet my friends.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #1558

Good morning and Happy Monday! Wishing everyone a fun week.

Off to work, coffee is ready....
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning friends. I got to bed late so I didn't wake up until 1:30 am. Oye! I need to go to sleep today around 11:30. I might have to take an OTC sleeping pill if I'm not tired. My BP is doing pretty good so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to go to work tonight.

So far tonight I've played a bunch of FB games (tee hee) then I finished watching a movie that we had to put on hold when I got my bad headache the other night. Played some online games with DH. We had enchiladas rice and beans with the last of the taco meat. Did some dishes and hand washed my tupperwears--those pesky little things. Now I'm doing laundry so I have some clean clothes to wear to work.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Happy Monday and all that jazz.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #1560

Morning all! still pouring the rain here