Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #1471
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Oh Mona, I am so sorry your weekend sucked.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Sue! How cute! When did they start putting the bows on those newborn caps? That is a great idea! Now you can tell the girls apart from the boys. LOL Congratulations! Has Eli seen her?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1473

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Sue OMG..she is beautiful..when you have the time I would love to hear what Eli had to say.....hoping your daughter is recovering well..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Kcmama I did go to walmart. I bought an electric blankey while I was there too!
Were they on sale? I think I might have to go look and see if any of the electric throws are left and on sale. We like our electric blankets. Specifically we like crawling into a warm bed! How much snow did you get?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #1475

It was not on sale, but we have a full size bed so it was not bad. Of course this time of year here they won't be on sale for a long time!

The wind was howling at around 45 MPH so the snow just basically drifted everywhere. I would say there is probably 8 inches that fell during the storm.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, the baby is gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

Mona, glad you listened to your hubby. High BP is nothing to fool with.

It is raining and freezing right now. It is supposed to keep up all night. We have an all electric house, and have not experienced a lengthy electrical outage yet.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #1477

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi girls. My weekend hasn't exactly gone as planned. The medicine my doctor put me on for my bursitis/hip pain gave me dangerously high blood pressure. It does something to nullify the BP meds I'm taking. So DH convinced me to go to the ER. I wanted to wait until the Urgent Care was open but he was working himself up into a tizzy. I know that high BP is dangerous but I was just having a hard time treating it as an "emergency". Anyways, I was there for several hours. They gave me some oral meds that brought my BP down quite a bit and gave me a prescription for more of the same to take as needed. So now my hip pain is most likely going to come back because obviously I'm not taking that bursitis medicine anymore. And I've lost most of my weekend. Bleargh! DH wouldn't let me do anything except get up to pee. He even made me food! (well he reheated some nachos). And he wouldn't let me have any coffee, diet pepsi, or any sweets. He really balked at me wanting to take a shower before we left b/c hot water will raise BP. I told him I would take a lukewarm shower.

Well I'm going to go toss some frozen B/S chicken breasts in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce. We are almost out of nacho stuff.
OH NO HOW SCARY!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Our little 7.4lbs. Layla is here! She has tons of dark hair also.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #1479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Ok I SWEAR I won't bore you with tons of pictures but I just had to show you this one. I took it as I was taking Eli in to see her for the first time. I swear she is looking at Eli thinking.....Ha! Look who daddy is holding now bubba! LOL
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1480

OMG Sue she looks like she is smiling at him!! and yes please more pics
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #1481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
yes, it does look like she is smiling at Eli. What a great picture.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda....cute story on Eli. My oldest DD this morning said Eli, so today baby Layla will be born and then she will go home to live with you! He puts his hand to his head and says...oh no! Why do things like this happen to me!!LOL He looked her all over when he first went in and gave her a hug then he was done!!! LOL He was totally excited because he is spending the night with his cousins tonight.
You girls would have laughed at hubs, oldest daughter and me today. DD was only at a 3 and after 2 hrs. she was only a 4. We knew we needed to kill some time because it looked as if she was going to go slow. We ate lunch and then stopped in at a cup cake place. We decided to take them a couple and have a cup of coffee and share one ourselves. We just sat down and got a call that she was at a 10 and was ready to push. We were told we needed to get there if we were going to be in the delivery room. OMG..we looked like the 3 stooges for sure. Hubs forgot to put his seat belt on and we couldn't figure out why or what was beeping at us for a minute! It was crazy funny. We made it in time. LOL
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sue, another great photo. Thanks for sharing! I thought the same thing, she looks like she is smiling at Eli and she is only a few hours old. She looks much older!! So happy for all of you.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #1484

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Melinda....cute story on Eli. My oldest DD this morning said Eli, so today baby Layla will be born and then she will go home to live with you! He puts his hand to his head and says...oh no! Why do things like this happen to me!!LOL He looked her all over when he first went in and gave her a hug then he was done!!! LOL He was totally excited because he is spending the night with his cousins tonight.
You girls would have laughed at hubs, oldest daughter and me today. DD was only at a 3 and after 2 hrs. she was only a 4. We knew we needed to kill some time because it looked as if she was going to go slow. We ate lunch and then stopped in at a cup cake place. We decided to take them a couple and have a cup of coffee and share one ourselves. We just sat down and got a call that she was at a 10 and was ready to push. We were told we needed to get there if we were going to be in the delivery room. OMG..we looked like the 3 stooges for sure. Hubs forgot to put his seat belt on and we couldn't figure out why or what was beeping at us for a minute! It was crazy funny. We made it in time. LOL
OMG SUE! LOLOL'!!! That Eli is a scrumptious moody mush mush..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #1485

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Sue, congratulations!:jump joy: Baby Layla is beautiful!

I hadn't seen this conversation yet when I said the same about the 2 nd picture. On Facebook...baby Layla and Eli are looking at each other smiling How funny what little Eli said...why does this happen to me! ?

What a day! Congratulations, again, grandma, for this new blessing!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #1486

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Well, it's past 7 and I'm ready to go out shopping. No Walfarts today, going to Albertsons. Smaller crowds. Have to pick up some convenience foods, too. Will have some long days on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday......won't be home till 6:30-7 on those night, so I have to have something like a Stouffer's lasagna or something I can throw in the oven without prep. See what meat sale they have and pick up some veggies, too.

On another note....haven't weighed in 2 weeks. Afraid to step on the scale.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all.....
Is it too cold for everyone to get out of bed this morning? It is nasty type cold for sure.
I have chili made for a meal later on today.
We are heading over to visit just a short time at the hospital this morning.
I missed out on reading what went on yesterday with everyone. I hope all is well.
Have a great Sunday!
Thanks for all the well wishes and comments on baby Layla!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #1488

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning.

Icy cold today and winter storm warning.

Sue--congrats, Layla is beautiful.

Mona--so sorry about your weekend.

Eliza--feel better.

KC--you're always so busy. Is ds's wrist better? Did doctor sign te note?
Lony-- an electric blanket sounds perfect for you.

Melinda--my ds flipped about te game---wanted Denver. DS was yelling and so mad.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #1489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! A cold, cold morning here. BRRRRRRRRRR I am sitting downstairs alone. Everyone still asleep. Having my first cup of coffee. I love the peace and quiet. One of the only times I can truly relax,and be at peace at the same time--when all the family is at home and in bed. It is peaceful when they are all gone as well, but then I am not at peace because I am worried about them! Especially every time I hear sirens. We don't live far from the Fire Station or Police Dept so I hear sirens sometimes 3-4 times a day. I start praying now as soon as I hear sirens these days.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #1490

FYI: caterine's is aving a great sale. ---online. Sorry my letter after g isn't working again.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #1491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning.

Icy cold today and winter storm warning.

Sue--congrats, Layla is beautiful.

Mona--so sorry about your weekend.

Eliza--feel better.

KC--you're always so busy. Is ds's wrist better? Did doctor sign te note?
Lony-- an electric blanket sounds perfect for you.

Melinda--my ds flipped about te game---wanted Denver. DS was yelling and so mad.
Chewie, the doctor wasn't there and so since I hadn't heard back from them dh said "Let's just go to the office and wait until they give it to us." So we went about 11:30 before they closed for lunch. The nurse practitioner hadn't called us because there were no xray results in the file and she had been waiting for Children's to fax them over. I told her that the doctor had called us and given us the results of no fracture then she remembered she could just go into the computer system and look for them. She finally found them and signed a note for us. He did ok at that meet on Fri night but again he ended the race with the injured hand having to hit the mat to stop the clock. I don't know if because he is swimming a tad faster he is ending on a different arm or because he has adjusted his stroke somewhat for the injury it results in that arm at the end.....

Yesterday's meet he swam against his old school. The first race he did was the 200 relay. He was thrilled as his 50 split time was 24.31 seconds which is his best time ever. He lost time with each subsequent race though so when he swam the 50 free his time was 25 something. The 24.31 is a State consideration time if they will let him use it from a relay. He was icing his taped wrist in between races though as it hurt. He was in a very happy mood the rest of the day and evening. Went out to eat with his team and then went out with friends last night.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #1492

Kc--glad your ds got to swim and did so well. Hope it continues to improve.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning friends. It's a cold one here too. 28 degrees right now. We are nice and toasty in the house, however.

Melinda how is your heater situation doing? I was happy to see that your son's team won. I remember you said he was rooting for the Ravens. But now Chewie's son is mad. hahaha.

KCMama I'm glad that you were able to get the note for your son and that he was able to swim.

I called in sick for work tonight. I have to take this medicine whenever my BP goes up over 150 and it's still doing that and the medicine makes me feel very woozy and tired. Don't need to be driving and doing important technical work under those conditions.

That crockpot BBQ chicken recipe didn't come out looking like the picture at all! It got all soupy. The pix shows this nice, thick sauce all browned around it. I swear they must've cheated and run it under the broiler--which is what I'm going to do. But first I have to thicken up the sauce...it's like a thin soup. I'm simmering it on the stove. Since the chicken wasn't done yet when we were hungry I made us some frozen fish fillets and fried potatoes.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ladies,

Does anyone have a good and easy egg casserole recipe? I have to send an egg casserole next Saturday to the Swim Team breakfast. They will have some folks bringing bacon, some bringing sausage, some bringing hash brown casseroles, some bringing bagel sandwiches and 2 others bringing egg casseroles as well. I was trying to find one without bacon/sausage/potatoes since those will be there anyway.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning friends. It's a cold one here too. 28 degrees right now. We are nice and toasty in the house, however.

Melinda how is your heater situation doing? I was happy to see that your son's team won. I remember you said he was rooting for the Ravens. But now Chewie's son is mad. hahaha.

KCMama I'm glad that you were able to get the note for your son and that he was able to swim.

I called in sick for work tonight. I have to take this medicine whenever my BP goes up over 150 and it's still doing that and the medicine makes me feel very woozy and tired. Don't need to be driving and doing important technical work under those conditions.

That crockpot BBQ chicken recipe didn't come out looking like the picture at all! It got all soupy. The pix shows this nice, thick sauce all browned around it. I swear they must've cheated and run it under the broiler--which is what I'm going to do. But first I have to thicken up the sauce...it's like a thin soup. I'm simmering it on the stove. Since the chicken wasn't done yet when we were hungry I made us some frozen fish fillets and fried potatoes.
Wow, Mona!Sure sounds like you made the right call. How long will it take to get your BP regulated again since you are off the medicine? Did they give you an idea? How did they miss this by the way? Does that med have known interaction with BP meds and BP?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #1496

How about a quiche?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #1497

Good morning sunshines! It was so nice and toasty in bed, I didn't want to get up. It is almost no temp here we are holding at 1. The good news is we will get up to a high of 9

Eliza good luck shopping and I hope you get to feeling better.

Mona, I hope things get better soon. How scary is that?

Sue, give the baby loves for me!

Kcmama, I am glad your son is doing so well. I hope you can keep warm.

Chewie, don't work too hard on dinner.

Good morning to Melinda, Deb, Linda, Lucky, Lynn and anyone I may have missed.

I think we are going to the gun range today. Brrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #1498

Dinner today is easy. It cooks all day in the oven. The app and dessert are done so it's just cooking rice, making the beans and veggie.

Playoffs again today.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #1499

So just because, I shopped at catherines. My total came to $362 before discounts. Then it came to $115 for 6 tops and a cute bedazzled compact. Free ship to store. I just can't spend that much. Sigh. I wish I had extra money to spend. Oh well, closing the page now.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So just because, I shopped at catherines. My total came to $362 before discounts. Then it came to $115 for 6 tops and a cute bedazzled compact. Free ship to store. I just can't spend that much. Sigh. I wish I had extra money to spend. Oh well, closing the page now.