Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks ladies... I am sure I will ask you guys opinion about something else..

Elizakins what schools is your Sonny boy applying to?

Deb.....zstephen how many schools are you applying to?
He applied to UNT (University of North Texas) and UTA (University of TX at Arlington). They are both within 40 miles of here and have ROTC programs. I wish he had applied to other schools but he said no. If accepted, he could live at home at least the first couple of years till he gets tired of his parents and save some $$$.

Deb, I'm not sure if and what scholarships he may qualify for through ROTC, he is still looking into that. Wish he didn't deal with this at all, not big fan of him being in the military and getting sent to fight wars....

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-01-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #122

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
He applied to UNT (University of North Texas) and UTA (University of TX at Arlington). They are both within 40 miles of here and have ROTC programs. I wish he had applied to other schools but he said no. If accepted, he could live at home at least the first couple of years till he gets tired of his parents and save some $$$.

Deb, I'm not sure if and what scholarships he may qualify for through ROTC, he is still looking into that. Wish he didn't deal with this at all, not big fan of him being in the military and getting sent to fight wars....
better as an officer hon! believe me and better if you can steer him toward air force from an Army wife who has seen
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #123

hey and 40 miles away is a good distance!@ ought oh! might be close enough for Mom to do the laundry

berea and EKU are about 2 hours away UT is an hour vandy is 4 UK is 2and a half ohio state 6 i have been looking at maps
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #124

gah trying to stay awake to bid on the bio book Steven needs for college this term UGH
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #125

Between DH and I, our income will be on the higher end and I don't know what college scholarships the kiddo will qualify for. Glad he is applying to state colleges, where, as resident, tuition will be much lower than non-resident or at out-of-state schools. Just worry, don't want him to graduate with college debt on his head.

He will also be able to get a CISCO certification through the tech center where he takes 3-hour classes daily, and hopefully be able to have some kind of part time computer job to assist with, at least, his car insurance payments and basic spending money.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
better as an officer hon! believe me and better if you can steer him toward air force from an Army wife who has seen
Thank you, friend! He has been looking at the Air Force most definitely, but we just found out that University of Texas at Arlington only has an Army ROTC program. And of the two universities UTA is the better one, so I don't know what were going to do. He may have to go to the UNT which has an Air Force ROTC program.

John was in the Navy. We have talked about this and told kiddo that it is better to go as an officer after he graduates from college. He wants to do a physics program and possibly work as a research scientist for the Air Force. I hope that works out.

My mother-in-law was an Army wife, and she has shared with me how very tough it was to always move around pack and unpack and having to always wait for your husband while he is in the field. You must have been through a lot
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #127

Quote:
hey and 40 miles away is a good distance!@ ought oh! might be close enough for Mom to do the laundry

berea and EKU are about 2 hours away UT is an hour vandy is 4 UK is 2and a half ohio state 6 i have been looking at maps
Looks like you have a lot of choices! Did you apply for all of these? My goodness those application fees really add up at $50 a pop.

This is a very exciting time for all of us as parents! Our babies are leaving the nest to venture out in the world. It is kind of sad but most of all very very exciting. And a lot of expenses!

Yeah, One of these colleges, UTA, is only about a 45 minute drive from here depending on traffic. UNT is probably about an hour away… It's about 40 miles but traffic from here to there is always at a standstill.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-01-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #128

Quote:
Looks like you have a lot of choices! Did you apply for all of these? My goodness those application fees really add up at $50 a pop.

This is a very exciting time for all of us as parents! Our babies are leaving the Nets to venture out in the world. It is kind of sad but most of all very very exciting. And a lot of expenses!

Yeah, One of these colleges, UTA, is only about a 45 minute drive from here depending on traffic. UNT is probably about an hour away… It's about 40 miles but traffic from here to there is always at a standstill.
Steven has fee waviers for low income through his upward bound program so no ap fees yet
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #129

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
I believe that's the previous year's taxes, Melindochka, 2011. I don't think they will be requesting 2012 taxes unless you file the FAFSA after April 15, 2013.
Yes they do want 2012 taxes
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #130

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
The schools you mentioned....university of San zfrancisco, Chapman college, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymont, Cal Luthern..uSC, Syracuse.
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Morning ladies....
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning everyone. Get to go home in 2 hours, then I get 3 days off. Yes! I was going to take down the Christmas decorations at work (which I put up around a month ago) but my back hurts and I just don't feel like it.

Going to try and take down the tree and all the misc. decorations at home sometime during my time off.

You know it's strange to hear some of the mothers on our board talking about all the work they are putting in on doing college applications for their kids and all the misc. paperwork involved. My mom never even asked if I wanted to go to college. She didn't care about anything in my life really, when I was in school. Never asked to see report cards. Wasn't very involved at all.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #133

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines. Happy Wednesday.

Mona, 3 whole days off...woohoo. I hope you get all your planned chores done. Oh and that stuff about your mom, darn near broke my heart.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I guess I'd better get with the bandwagon and get rid of my Christmas avatar.

59 minutes....but who's counting!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #135

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie....I am so plain.....I boil water, throw it in my mug, toss about a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa, hwc, sweetener....stir and that's it...

Lonykins....yummo
Thanks.
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb, you just need a plan of attack. The longest thing there is going to be the village.

Personally I would get up and start the laundry first off. Keep a timer with you so you will know when the washer is done.

Get some coffee, your breakfast and allow yourself 45 mins (the time it will take for the washer to finish) Switch the laundry and get the dishes done. By that time your first load should be ready to fold. Switch the laundry and then head to your desk

Pay your bills, make your phone calls and then work on the josten order. Switch and fold laundry and do the paperwork for the scholarships.

Lunch! then head to to the store. It will be eaiser to put stuff away when the kitchen is clean and you won't buy a bunch of junk at the store because you are full. Laundry!!

Gather all your boxes and start the village...

In smaller bits it is not that bad!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #137

Quote:
Great plan Lony! i can start a load when i leave to take Steven to school IF it won't wake Ken up have to do the store just after i drop Steven off other than that it looks the same hopefully i won't get sidetracked MAYBE i will have enough time to start the dishwasher while getting his lunch ready and that way it would be done by the time i get back from school and the store(OMG IF i can wake up in the morning!!)
ACKKK has anyone here with graduating kids looked at that FAFSA stuff?? i am soo scared Steven won't get anything i tried using it with Kens last year tax forms but he made way less this year because of the wreck so IDK but most schools want it ASAP! my head is SPINNING
i wish i would have remembered to apply for a PIN a couple weeks ago!
and eek besides graduation stuff i gotta get him a class ring!
HOPEFULLY we can get that walmart scholarship filled out and FINGERS CROSSED he could get it UGH but that would help if he didn't get a pell grant
ooh one more thing on the list! gotta send off the fee wavier and transcript to at least 2 more schools
We got nada from fafsa. Hope you are more successful. We were lucky and ds got his class ring the end of sophomore year. We paid it in 2 payments, a deposit and then the balance upon pick up. It is really a nice ring although when going through the school, it's pricey.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

We made it in about an hour ago. Car is unloaded but not the bags. We made it in to Checotah last night about 7:00. Two of my cousins and families were there as well. My aunt made fish tacos. She fried up catfish that my uncle caught and fried the corn tortillas. We had her homemade salsa as well. Soooooo yummy.Normally, I am not a catfish fan and I was hesitant about eating any last night but the way she fixed it it was fantastic. Whew! We visited for a bit last night and this morning. We headed out around 11:00 this morning and had good clean roads all the way. We opted to head over to the Mo side and picked up 71 Hwy vs going 69 Hwy due to the snow on the Kansas side. We got home to snow. So pretty and roads are clear.

Chewie, so glad your son wasn't at that party last night!
Glad you're home safe and sound. I catfish, especially fresh caught--even frozen from fresh caught. I love all fish. LOL
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Morning ladies....
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning everyone. Get to go home in 2 hours, then I get 3 days off. Yes! I was going to take down the Christmas decorations at work (which I put up around a month ago) but my back hurts and I just don't feel like it.

Going to try and take down the tree and all the misc. decorations at home sometime during my time off.

You know it's strange to hear some of the mothers on our board talking about all the work they are putting in on doing college applications for their kids and all the misc. paperwork involved. My mom never even asked if I wanted to go to college. She didn't care about anything in my life really, when I was in school. Never asked to see report cards. Wasn't very involved at all.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #141

Good morning. Hump day. I'm at work, a bit perturbed about this whole hourly pay cut and all. Plus now I have to write out my hours. Grrrr Oh well, it should just motivate me to move on faster, right?

Dinner yesterday was really nice. The pork was awesome--we marinated it in a balsamic vinegar marinade---it was a little sweet but so moist. Plus dh's hopping john was great. Baked a frozen cherry pie for their dessert. I had a cup of decaf coffee for dessert.

NSV: I have on a blouse that I could never fit in. Bought it a few months ago at a thrift store.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #142

Deb--I have to pay bills today too. That also means going through all the misc paperwork that is in a pile.

Plus I'd like to get some of the misc Christmas stuff put away but dh is home so I don't know if that will happen. He's like Mr. Christmas. Never wants to put away the decorations. It's time though.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post

I am so sorry Mona....I am just want my son to be better than me and my life...know what I mean??? not that going to college insures anything but a big fat loan...He sees me struggling to get an interview, he sees my husband working 3 jobs, to really not survive to be honest... so that's why we have really really really preached education to him....I wonder though if sometimes we pushed to hard.. if we are going to get him in a situation where he is going to spend his entire life paying a loan off....
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #144

Quote:

Good Lord you guys are so lucky... I am going to stop breathing if sonny boy goes to Syracuse...and I can't believe how much my son wants to live on campus...he wants out of here... he told me it's not in a bad way...he just has the ambition to basically you know leave the nest... which is better for me really.. cause I want to keep him here locked up...!!! until he pisses me off LOL!!

Elizakins...with my heart...I hope and pray that your sonny boy doesn't cross that path....I hate wars...I really do..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks.
I tried to get fancy yesterday and throw white chocolate chips in there and it didn't melt!!! That shows me to stay away from that!!! LOL
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #146

Quote:
Good morning. Hump day. I'm at work, a bit perturbed about this whole hourly pay cut and all. Plus now I have to write out my hours. Grrrr Oh well, it should just motivate me to move on faster, right?

Dinner yesterday was really nice. The pork was awesome--we marinated it in a balsamic vinegar marinade---it was a little sweet but so moist. Plus dh's hopping john was great. Baked a frozen cherry pie for their dessert. I had a cup of decaf coffee for dessert.

NSV: I have on a blouse that I could never fit in. Bought it a few months ago at a thrift store.
Congrats on your NSV.. those to me are the best....!! and pass me some port!!!! and pie!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #147

Welcome back Kcmama!!! I have never had catfish, but I sure love me a fish taco...they sell fish tacos all over out here.. I like it when I squeeze just a touch of lime...yummmmooo!!! wished I could make fish.. but I can't..
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Enjoy your days off Mona!! I hope you get to feeling better. Sometimes we have to let things go in our past where our parents are concerned for our own good. I often wonder what things I did or didn't do that effected my kids. I always have to think that the things we go through makes us who we are today. I'm guessing that is why many of us deals with weight issues.

Well I am busy taking down Christmas decorations this morning also. I just needed a little break.
Happy Christmas taking down day to all!!!!LOL
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #149

Quote:
We got nada from fafsa. Hope you are more successful. We were lucky and ds got his class ring the end of sophomore year. We paid it in 2 payments, a deposit and then the balance upon pick up. It is really a nice ring although when going through the school, it's pricey.
You know I was talking to my brother a couple of weeks ago.. the not nice one...unless we are speaking on the phone with each other.. then he is a human....but he told me, that I was getting depressed and out of sorts with the thought of my son going out of state for college.. but he told me that I have to let it play out.. because though he may get accepted into certain colleges.. if we can't come up with or qualify for funding, then the point is moot...

But then I thought to myself.. but if he really wanted to go to a college, like he does USC.....it sure would be heartbreaking for him, not to qualify for the help.. get what I mean???

No wonder why parents have gray hair I tell you.. and this why I have been telling him have a plan b,c, d, e, f and g...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #150

Good Morning Lonykins and Sue!!

I have one Christmas decoration up. and it's permanent!!!