Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Or maybe ask for a fruit salad? What are spicy pretzels? Do you just pop popcorn and put flavor salts on? What do you do? I know one time they just did pies for this but the principal wants a smorgasbord (so to speak) of desserts.
Ohhh I found a recipe where you make lemon pie filling dip and then just make strips of pie crust and dip! Maybe instead of fruit salad you could do fruit and a dip of some sort.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
That's because you're hardcore.
Is that good?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Is that good?
Yes.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #994

Oh you could also do cake pops, Macroons, cheesecake filled strawberrys. (easy for people to make with strawberries, premade cheese cake filling and graham crackers)

Fruit kabobs, triffles in clear plastic cups......

Cannoli, Biscotti

Last edited by Lony; 01-08-2013 at 10:43 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #995

Quote:
Yes.
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I want a good potluck I think I will have to join a church. Seems like no one cooks anymore and no one really tries. I know I'm generalizing....but I've been involved in a few potlucks...like when I was in school and stuff. I would make something really nice and homemade. And most people would bring some pre-purchased crap from the store.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #997

Quote:
If I want a good potluck I think I will have to join a church. Seems like no one cooks anymore and no one really tries. I know I'm generalizing....but I've been involved in a few potlucks...like when I was in school and stuff. I would make something really nice and homemade. And most people would bring some pre-purchased crap from the store.
Ewwww I hate potlucks! You never know what is going on in those kitchens!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #998
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ewwww I hate potlucks! You never know what is going on in those kitchens!
Well, ya. But I try not to think about that. I'm good when I cook for other people. I don't lick the spoon or anything!

KCMama I re-read what I wrote and I didn't mean to insult your dessert bar with the list of pre-purchased stuff. I was thinking of a regular food thing. Desserts would be fine to buy from a nice bakery or something like Costco or Sams. I was referring to someone taking the time to make a nice hot dish and then someone else buys a bag of off brand chips as their contribution.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #999

Ok nap time.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sleep good and dream of Fred with those red boots and a cape...fighting crime.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #1001

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
LOL i went to make spaghetti and had my water boiling just right and THERE IS NO SPAGHETTI IN THE HOUSE! arughgh! so ken will be taking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to work tonight
got my beloved snowman tablecloth off the table and valentines one put on Ken got the oil changed in my van sound is a little less but i swear a bearing is going out somewhere i am still going to drive the truck this afternoon though

while Steven is at the library volunteering i will run to the store and we will have a late supper tonight
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooooh that is frustrating when you have your mind set on making something and you are missing a vital ingredient.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I'm back to work and my husband is home sleeping, I imagine. He is doing fine. My son dropped me off at work so I could bring my car home tonight. I called the shop and they are just now taking the car in. I may be hitchhiking home again tonight. Lony, would you mind starting now if you are going to give me a lift.

KC, your bar sounds great. If I wre doing it, I might add a category of baker's choice. That way there would be a little more variety. I think your idea of listing things from Sam's and Costco is a wonderful idea. Gives a choice for the non-bakers.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #1004

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Or maybe ask for a fruit salad? What are spicy pretzels? Do you just pop popcorn and put flavor salts on? What do you do? I know one time they just did pies for this but the principal wants a smorgasbord (so to speak) of desserts.
I make a spicy pretzel in the oven---it is so good. You can't stop eating it. Let me find my recipe.

SPICY PRETZELS(makes 24 servings)
1 lb small pretzels
1 cup crisco vegetable oil
1 (4 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
4 teaspoons garlic salt
4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Put pretzels in a roaster pan(or 13x9 pan will work) Mix together the Crisco oil, dressing mix, salt and cayenne pepper. Pour over pretzels. Toss thoroughly! Bake at 200* for 1 1/2- 2 hours.Stir about every 20 minutes.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #1005

Quote:
The popcorn I made was sweet. Duh! You can do chex mix though.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm back to work and my husband is home sleeping, I imagine. He is doing fine. My son dropped me off at work so I could bring my car home tonight. I called the shop and they are just now taking the car in. I may be hitchhiking home again tonight. Lony, would you mind starting now if you are going to give me a lift.

KC, your bar sounds great. If I wre doing it, I might add a category of baker's choice. That way there would be a little more variety. I think your idea of listing things from Sam's and Costco is a wonderful idea. Gives a choice for the non-bakers.
i am glad you go t there and back ok!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #1007

So I went to my fav thrift store. Only found a pair of yoga pants and a black purse. The purse is really cute and will be perfect for the next few months. The one I have been using is a light cream color and isn't really a winter color. Plus it's too darn heavy. This one is lighter and smaller. I just need to get out my lysol wipes and clean it. Then I'll be good to go. I also stopped at the convenience store there cause they have milk for $2 a gallon, I drink at least 8-12 oz a day now in my protein shakes so I've been going through it much more quickly. I bought 2 gallons. Plus they had men's nice leather belts b1g1 only $7 for 2. Woohoo. I just got all the boys belts for christmas but they always seem to need them. Can't beat that price. Maybe I should have got more than 2. Oh well.

Nap time. Still feeling a little off today. Maybe I just need some more sleep.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #1008

Lucky--glad it went well. Hope your car is done real soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #1009
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kim1979
Stats: 350+
WOE: low/no carb eating
Start Date: Jan 2013
new here hi!

hey there everyone. this is my first time in a place like this. been really skeptical about these group hoorah types. this is a new year right? so here i am 350+ pounds and in need of support and motivation. dont really know where to start or how i can find my way back to this particular room. i am open to any comments from the "elders" on this site. i am a cook full time. my shifts are kind of erratic from open shifts to close shifts to mid shifts. i have a hard time staying on track with anything. i lost weight once before with lo/no carb eating but when i moved it all when to crap. looking to get back on track with some help from Low Carb Friends any and all advice would be welcome!

Last edited by kim1979; 01-08-2013 at 12:43 PM..
kim1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi Kim and welcome!!! There are a lot of us here in the same boat.
I would suggest to go to Linda Sue's LC recipe site and look over
all her recipes. Start out with the basics. Make it easy. When you cook for a living I'm sure the last thing you want to do is come home and have to cook more. Come here to get some motivation and read, read, read up on LC and get pumped up. Do you have anyone who could do this with you? That is always a help. Glad to have you
here!!!!!!!

Mona....at least you know for sure what you are dealing with now! I hope you can get it to feeling better.

kcmama....the old stand by of Rice Crispy treats are always good also. Whatever you do I would go with the easiest thing possible.

Does anyone eat Kale?? On the Food Network the other evening they put it on a sheet pan with a little Olive oil and salt. They sprinkled lemon juice over it after it was done. They talked as if it was good. It turned out crispy looking. Of course I had to buy some today to give it a try. I'll try most anything once!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1011

Hi girls! How is the day going?

WATER!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1979 View Post
hey there everyone. this is my first time in a place like this. been really skeptical about these group hoorah types. this is a new year right? so here i am 350+ pounds and in need of support and motivation. dont really know where to start or how i can find my way back to this particular room. i am open to any comments from the "elders" on this site. i am a cook full time. my shifts are kind of erratic from open shifts to close shifts to mid shifts. i have a hard time staying on track with anything. i lost weight once before with lo/no carb eating but when i moved it all when to crap. looking to get back on track with some help from Low Carb Friends any and all advice would be welcome!
Hi Kim, come on in and have a seat. We are a pretty normal bunch once you get to know us

As for a big group horrah, well, We can be very supportive but it is not like Hi my name is Lony and everyone cheers. Unless you want that sort of thing. haha

Share what you want and you will find that the ladies here are so much more than weight loss pals. I have developed some amazing friendships here.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi Kim and welcome!!! There are a lot of us here in the same boat.
I would suggest to go to Linda Sue's LC recipe site and look over
all her recipes. Start out with the basics. Make it easy. When you cook for a living I'm sure the last thing you want to do is come home and have to cook more. Come here to get some motivation and read, read, read up on LC and get pumped up. Do you have anyone who could do this with you? That is always a help. Glad to have you
here!!!!!!!

Mona....at least you know for sure what you are dealing with now! I hope you can get it to feeling better.

kcmama....the old stand by of Rice Crispy treats are always good also. Whatever you do I would go with the easiest thing possible.

Does anyone eat Kale?? On the Food Network the other evening they put it on a sheet pan with a little Olive oil and salt. They sprinkled lemon juice over it after it was done. They talked as if it was good. It turned out crispy looking. Of course I had to buy some today to give it a try. I'll try most anything once!!
I have heard it is super yummy. Let us know how it comes out.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So I went to my fav thrift store. Only found a pair of yoga pants and a black purse. The purse is really cute and will be perfect for the next few months. The one I have been using is a light cream color and isn't really a winter color. Plus it's too darn heavy. This one is lighter and smaller. I just need to get out my lysol wipes and clean it. Then I'll be good to go. I also stopped at the convenience store there cause they have milk for $2 a gallon, I drink at least 8-12 oz a day now in my protein shakes so I've been going through it much more quickly. I bought 2 gallons. Plus they had men's nice leather belts b1g1 only $7 for 2. Woohoo. I just got all the boys belts for christmas but they always seem to need them. Can't beat that price. Maybe I should have got more than 2. Oh well.

Nap time. Still feeling a little off today. Maybe I just need some more sleep.
WOW!!! it is 3.98 a gallon here at the cheapest!
hoping Ken has an error free night at work again
sitting outside library while Steven volunteers wifi is sporatic LOL
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1979 View Post
we are pleased you picked us for your first post! nice to meet you i am Deb or Debbie LOl and am a SAHM with 2 boys my oldest is married SIGH so that makes me a MIL as well! my youngest is a Senior in HS SIGH
right now i am not on ANY plan! soo i might post something that would tempt you feel free to ignore it!
and i like graphics a little bit
i have had success on LC and HCG but everythiing went to heck back in July when my DH wrecked his motorcycle and i haven't been on a plan but the SEE FOOD and whatever is cheapest diets and we all know cheap stuff is usually crap currently i weigh 330 SOMETHING and am afraid to get on the scale!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #1016

Quote:
Hi Kim, come on in and have a seat. We are a pretty normal bunch once you get to know us

As for a big group horrah, well, We can be very supportive but it is not like Hi my name is Lony and everyone cheers. Unless you want that sort of thing. haha

Share what you want and you will find that the ladies here are so much more than weight loss pals. I have developed some amazing friendships here.
*wipes screen* cause ya know what i just did!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #1017

Well we are normal, once you get to know us. I will admit from a distance it can look like the back of the loony bin!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #1018

how ya feeling this afternoon? is the biopsy site healing good?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #1019

Yeppers. I am doing ok, thanks so much for asking. Just so tired I will be so glad when all this junk is cleared up and I have my pep back.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #1020

the worry itself can wipe a person out! have you been able to catch a nap?