Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
ok...I am out of here to play some FB games. I swear everyone passes me on Candy Crush and now on Pet Rescue!!! I get all but one or two squares on the candy crush games every time!!!
Oh well.....at least I do ok most of the time on the Words game.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #962
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Ok I am back. LOL Lucky you are so funny!!

It was not bad at all, they had a heating pad on the plates before I got there and the lady was super nice. We talked and joked the whole time.

Fingers crossed she said she did not see much. The radiologist reads them tomorrow and they will let me know. She was thrilled that my boobs were so saggy, I guess that makes them easier to do I dunno.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #963

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning. Everyone have a great Tuesday!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
We are heading out for my husbands cataract surgery. Prayers for Linda.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #965

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hugs and prayers and happy glitter Mr. Lucky and Linda!!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #966

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Morning. I got up at 6 to shower and dress so I can go got my morning prayer meeting. Now that I'm hourly, I have to make up the time. GRRRR

Praying for Linda and Lucky's dh.

DS14 got a nice patch for his new varsity jacket yesterday. It was a red football that said 2012 conference champs, undefeated 10-1. No jacket yet but soon. I hope they tell us where to sew it on. LOL
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #967

Anyone watch the BCS last night? I know Melinda did. What a game---Alabama crushed them. It was a good game but I went to bed at 35-0.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #968
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning all...haven't read a thing yet... But, I always forget to say this so I want to do it before I do anything else....DEB...you always have the cutest titles to the thread each month and I keep forgetting to tell you..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #969
Big Yapper!!!!

kcmama

"Have brats in the oven"...

All I could think of was Hanzel and Gretal...not sure of spelling...probably because there is a new movie out..and I recently saw the trailer for it..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #970
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck Linda...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #971

Good morning sunshines.

You know as much as I love having Mike work at the shop I do not like having to get up at 6 am. LOL I got used to getting up when I want.

Chewie, I am sorry you are on hourly now. Just sit back and bide your time. Karma has a list.

Good Morning Lynn!

Good Morning Eliza have a great day back in the salt mines.

Last edited by Lony; 01-08-2013 at 06:42 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Hoping and praying that all goes smoothly for everyone. NO complications allowed!! Lucky, hope your vehicles are ready today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
kcmama

"Have brats in the oven"...

All I could think of was Hanzel and Gretal...not sure of spelling...probably because there is a new movie out..and I recently saw the trailer for it..
I sure didn't think about that when I typed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Anyone watch the BCS last night? I know Melinda did. What a game---Alabama crushed them. It was a good game but I went to bed at 35-0.
We couldn't watch it as it was on ESPN and I don't have cable. DS went to a friend's house to watch the game. He was for Bama and I was for Notre Dame.One of my daughter's classmates was at the game with her dad. They left on Friday for Miami and come back on Wed. What a life! I am pretty sure they were there for Notre Dame as well. Can't believe they were beaten so badly. DH was telling me that the SEC has won the Championship for like the last 7 years.

I am going through my very messy purse. Trying to decide what to fix for dinner. Considering either Chicken Provencal or Chicken Cacciatore. Either one I will have to go to the store for a couple of missing ingredients
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hugs and prayers and happy glitter Mr. Lucky and Linda!!
Ditto.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Tuesday morning everyone!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #975

It's me. I got up to go to my prayer meeting and got super light headed and loopy. Went home figuring maybe it was a drop in my bp. (Dr said this might happen) Our stupid bp machine didn't work. Probably needs batteries--we're out. So I got a protein shake and I'm back at work.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #976

Feel better chews
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's me. I got up to go to my prayer meeting and got super light headed and loopy. Went home figuring maybe it was a drop in my bp. (Dr said this might happen) Our stupid bp machine didn't work. Probably needs batteries--we're out. So I got a protein shake and I'm back at work.
Wow, Chewie. Sounds scary and dangerous---especially the driving yourself home part!!!! What are you supposed to do for a bp drop? Is it anything like the blood sugar drop where you need to have something to eat/drink to quickly bring it back up? Anything you can keep on hand at work, in your car, purse, etc? Did the protein shake fix you up then?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I need some input from you all. 7th grade parents are to provide a Dessert bar for the teachers and staff of the middle school the end of the month. I am the coordinator and am trying to do the sign up sheet. There are approx 70 people to provide for so if I figure roughly that ea person might eat 3 things then I would need 210 "pieces" altogether. Divide that by a dozen (210/12=17.5) I would need approx 18 dozen total of items. I am trying to do foods that do not need necessarily to be eaten with a fork. Here is what I have brainstormed. Any one have any additional suggestions/tips?

3 people to each bring 2 dozen brownie bites (can be purchased at Sam's)
3 people to each bring 2 dozen creme puffs (come frozen at Sam's Club)
3 people to each bring 2 dozen lemon bars
3 people to each bring 2 dozen Hello Dolly type bar cookies
3 people to each bring 2 dozen muffins/cupcakes
3 people to bring Fruit Pizza

Should I specify the type of muffin? What do you all think about the plan so far?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #979

Hummmm It looks pretty good. LOL pretty specific. I guess some people need that though.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #980
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning friends! Home from work. I'm glad I was able to come straight home today with no appointments or errands. But tomorrow I have an appointment with the dentist to get a crown. Ugh. There goes $500 bucks. They cost $1000 and my insurance pays half. Plus it's gross thinking about how they grind your tooth away. But it's cracked pretty bad so it's best to take care of it.

So the physical therapy appointment went pretty good yesterday. My hips were really sore from all her manipulations. She warned me they would be. She said I have really loose, mobile joints. She called them "Cirque du Soleil" joints. That's probably why I hurt my knee 18 years ago. It hyperextended. She said people with joints like mine are prone to getting overextension injuries and it's really important to support the joints with lots of muscle! She said due to my weight loss I've probably lost some muscle from my pelvic area and that is why I started getting pains the last couple of months. It's pretty impossible to NOT lose muscle when losing weight, even on LC. So anyhow, I'm going to look into taking some water fitness classes at the local pool. Part of me resents having to spend all the time when I just want to come home after working, KWIM? But I have to do it for my health.

Prayers for wonderful outcomes from Linda and Lucky's DH's cataract surgeries.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #981

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i have done NOTHING but make a list of chores LOL and take Steven to school i went back to bed TOM is kicking my hiney! Still driving my truck Ken got locked out of his Jimmy at work last night UGH thank goodness we hadn't replace the door pins on it he passenger side yet! a couple of the guys and he took the antenna off and pulled the passenger door back enough to slip it in and hit the unlock button or i wouldhave had to drive the truck at 2 am 40 miles one way half asleep! oh yeah that sounds like a good scene!
ok yesterday i made my first deposit on the 52 week savings plan working backwards 52 first and ending up at 1 at the end of the year i put half in the Christmas club and half in an envelope to save for property taxes(they come around October) HOPEFULLY i can keep it up if not hey i am 52 bucks in savings i wouldn't have done
off to unload dishwasher and get Ken's supper started
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #983

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Morning all...haven't read a thing yet... But, I always forget to say this so I want to do it before I do anything else....DEB...you always have the cutest titles to the thread each month and I keep forgetting to tell you..
IU! LOL i usually do something with "CARY" cause it is Cary Grant's birthday this month, January 18, 1904
Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #984

KC--looks good to me. Although some people don't eat sweets so it might be good to include a dozen of cracker packs or something for those few. JMHO When we do teacher appreciation trays, I usually make some kind of popcorn or spicy pretzel.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #985

This *&%#$ treasurer is driving me nuts. He was here for almost 2 hours. ACCCKKKK I am now taking over some of the stuff he was doing in a software program here so he is teaching me. Although a year ago, I taught him all of it. LOL There have been some updates but not that many that we need to spend hours and hours at this.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hummmm It looks pretty good. LOL pretty specific. I guess some people need that though.
Yes, we have learned that we have to be specific. What the organizers have in mind when planning and what some folks will actually end up bringing can make or break an event. I have to be specific or I will end up with 18 dozen chocolate chip cookies, or 18 dozen of those sugar cookies that people stick a hershey's kiss or reese's cup in. This is supposed to be a Dessert Bar so I need options--but a messy chocolate fountain is out of the question. I can still put pies, cakes, loaf breads or cheesecakes on the list but was trying to stick to easy to pick up and eat foods. Sam's does have a variety pack of cheesecake bites in the frozen section though..... Should I go more upscale?

You know when you are calculating say 2 regular sized muffins per person (because that is their breakfast on the way to work, or their kids eat two) and then have people show up with 24 miniature muffins as their 24 muffins then obviously some people will not feel as full KWIM? Sometimes people show up with something completely different!No one is going to make cream puffs which is why I put from Sam's club on the list. People like them, they are bite sized and finger friendly, and a good price, but even so I may take them off the final list. I was just brainstorming ideas and coming here for some additional suggestions/tips. Lemon bars always disappear at functions, bar cookies are easy to make up and popular, fruit pizzas are refreshing, somewhat healthy, and pretty options.... Perhaps Eliza will have some suggestions when she gets in. Lucky, Linda, Chewie, Melinda, Mona what do you ladies think?

Some people do not cook/bake but still want to contribute so they are given an easy option to purchase and we tell them where the item is so that they don't have to go to various stores to look for it. Sometimes we specify Sam's or Costco because we know how many servings are in that container and that is taken into account in how many total of an item to ask for. When we say Sam's or Costco then folks also have an idea of the SIZE we are planning on.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KC--looks good to me. Although some people don't eat sweets so it might be good to include a dozen of cracker packs or something for those few. JMHO When we do teacher appreciation trays, I usually make some kind of popcorn or spicy pretzel.
Or maybe ask for a fruit salad? What are spicy pretzels? Do you just pop popcorn and put flavor salts on? What do you do? I know one time they just did pies for this but the principal wants a smorgasbord (so to speak) of desserts.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #988

LOL I would make cream puffs!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KCMama I don't have much experience with big events like that and big potlucks and stuff. But I like the idea of assigning stuff to people. That would be horrible to have everyone bring the same thing.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #990
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LOL I would make cream puffs!
That's because you're hardcore.