Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Chewie.. my husband can open a can of something.. make the best popcorn. and that's it....your lucky....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Did DH do a good job? Are you happy to take back the reins? Right now I'm cooking up a couple of steaks. DH still isn't awake yet. I guess he gets to reheat his meal.
Mona - your dinner sounds so good. Your dinners always sound wonderful too. Out of curiousity - just how much do you eat now - since you are 1 year out from your wls?

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #753

So I am sitting on my chair.. with a paper plate and a knife and baggies.. I cut veggies for one dish and bag it and then the other.. until I got to the onions and my eyes burned like crazy and plus listening to my son whine and yell about his Baltimore Ravens.. which is funny, he has never even been to Baltimore...LOL..My salads are finished.. I am going to start putting together my Asian meatballs and Salisbury steak...to get ready to cook...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Mona - your dinner sounds so good. Your dinners always sound wonderful too. Out of curiousity - just how much do you eat now - since you are 1 year out from your wls?

Linda
Well just now I ate half of my steak...so maybe 4 oz and half of a potato, and 2 bites of broccoli cuz I was full. I think I can eat a little more than some sleeve patients because my doctor didn't make my sleeve super tight. But on the good side, I had less problems in the beginning and I didn't get any "restrictions" which is when scar tissue starts adhering to itself in there (I think?)

Anyhoop! Time for me to go to bed. G'nite all.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #755

Gnite Ms Monakins....I may sneak and eat the other half!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #756

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Well but if they cut your stomach..oh I don't know I don't want to offend anyone.. I am having a horrible time of losing weight and gaining weight as we speak...wish I could sew up my mouth for a few days..
Your tummy is a muscle that can stretch once it has been made smaller. It will take a few years but it can be done!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Sue - that was such a nice story of the older people at breakfast. I love to people watch and am always thinking the same thing - that they seem to 'get it' about aging - what's really important and not to stress. They sure do have a lot of fun when they all get together - I always want to join them.

Deb - If you don't get it figured out about the car, I'll ask my ds when he gets home tonight. We had a cavalier that he kept on the road forever. He's like you and Ken - he'll figure it out sooner or later. That was nice to hear that Steven and Ashley's sisters had a night of game playing.

Chewie - Kudos on the clothes you are finding that fit now. Talk about wearing a grin? I'd be standing on the front porch telling everyone. You sound like me when it comes to the kitchen. I have to have it clean and ordered. While your dh is good to chip in and cook and shop - mine can open a can and the fridge. Cleaning is hit/miss. Hate to go in the kitchen if it's messy or counters dirty.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mona - and Good Night........sleep tight.........I'll be very quiet and tiptoe out.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Question ladies...........

I have never used the mixed protein drinks.......My target visit last week, I got the designer whey chocolate ones.............omgoodness........so sickeningly sweet. Are they all this way?

I hate to buy a huge can of the powder - was thinking I could do one a day of a premixed one. Any advice?

Linda
Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #760

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
A kitty in a tutu!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh - had to start eye drops this morning and tomorrow for surgery on Tuesday. Hate drops. I know - put my big girl pants on and get it done........

Melinda - I looked on Linda Sue's site and could not find the pickle recipe. Also the chicken sausage mushroom one. Any help?

Got my chores done early this afternoon - now - what to have for dinner. While I like leftovers - the thought of corned beef and cabbage just isn't offering any appeal. Not surprising - sitting here listening/watching the cooking channel. Wonder how many people actually make those meals. Love watching - but rarely make any of them. Same with cookbooks. Love looking through them - marking the ones I want to try - and then I end up doing the same old recipes most of the time. Those that I do try - never really live up to their appeal. Am I the only one?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Your tummy is a muscle that can stretch once it has been made smaller. It will take a few years but it can be done!
My god my stomach is stretched out a million times..
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lony - you feeling any better? You seem subdued. You thinking too much about things? Hard not to - know that from experience. Like the elephant in the room that no one wants to see/hear.

I missed it if you said - but how cold is it there now? Still waiting on Fred's new boot pictures. Did you get red ones?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #764

Quote:
Ugh - had to start eye drops this morning and tomorrow for surgery on Tuesday. Hate drops. I know - put my big girl pants on and get it done........

Melinda - I looked on Linda Sue's site and could not find the pickle recipe. Also the chicken sausage mushroom one. Any help?

Got my chores done early this afternoon - now - what to have for dinner. While I like leftovers - the thought of corned beef and cabbage just isn't offering any appeal. Not surprising - sitting here listening/watching the cooking channel. Wonder how many people actually make those meals. Love watching - but rarely make any of them. Same with cookbooks. Love looking through them - marking the ones I want to try - and then I end up doing the same old recipes most of the time. Those that I do try - never really live up to their appeal. Am I the only one?

I promise I will..as soon as I get back to the desk top.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #765

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
All the OBD2 scanners will do all vehicles from 92 up. They are universal.

Geeze Deb, I don't know what to tell you. You might want to go borrow the one from the auto parts store and run the codes.
they did the diaGNOSTIC AT advanced and we checked everything it said NADA i don't know either so the OBD2 is it more in depth than the one they do for free?? we were thinking if it is something in one of the computer boxes the one at the dealership will tell us
fortunately they have the truck to drive soo not a real rush and if we can't figure it out maybe in a couple weeks we will have the money to get it down there LOL Kennys birthday present was supposed to be us getting it fixed for them
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Popping in. I got so much done---I'm proud of myself. Folded laundry. Went through all the 2012 files---threw a ton away and organized the rest. Paid bills, balanced the checkbook, put all the bd's and stuff on the new calendars, organized my coupons. I even cleaned my big corner cabinet where I store my magic bullet blender thing---I had junk in there that had to be throw away. Slim fast bars, jerky, sf candy, all kinds of old weird stuff.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #767

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Lony - you feeling any better? You seem subdued. You thinking too much about things? Hard not to - know that from experience. Like the elephant in the room that no one wants to see/hear.

I missed it if you said - but how cold is it there now? Still waiting on Fred's new boot pictures. Did you get red ones?
Sorry, I have just been sick and busy. You are right though, I do have a lot on my mind.

It is cold here. We still have snow on the ground and they are calling for six more inches on thursday. During the day we have been getting up into the low 30's and at night we are about 4. With the wind chill the real feel is about -10. Ahhhhh life in the mountains. It could be a lot worse.

Still trying to get Fred used to his boots. They are black and red and he hates them so much! I even tried just the front paws but he fell down the stairs and it broke my heart so I took them right off!

Last edited by Lony; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #768

Quote:

Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #769

Quote:
Wait, are you saying I am the life of the party or I look like an old hooker?
and to think I missed that conversation? do you wear heels and fake eyelashes?

Quote:
LOLOL!! it was only 2 sprinkles of garlic!! But in all honesty that pickle recipe from Linda's low carb is the best I have ever tried...the only thing is I didn't put in all the salt.. cause I have made recipes before..and the salt becomes concentrated.. so these are more low salt.. but MY GOD they are so delicious!! I used Persian cukes.. cause I couldn't find the pickling ones!!!

My son said OMG MA!! that package of garlic powder, your going to be leaving it to me in your will!! OMG I laughed so hard..

Thanks Mona. I hope so too.. he has to stay out of my son's snacks.. he didn't even touch those things before... but you know what happens you start again and you can't stop... I bought him tons of cheese and lunchmeats, ham etc and giant can of nuts...peanuts, 2 of them.. and he has his fruit.. and I need to follow him as well. I am just as guilty...
Omg, laughing so hard right now....Do not fear the almighty garlic .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the chevy??it doesn't try to turn over cranks but won't start we though the timing chain was in bad shape or had jumped time nope PERFECT danged thing looks brand new then Ken went and coil pack and it made no difference. it is getting fire and fuel
does the OBD2 scanner do more than the little one at like advanced auto?/ the one they will do for free? cause if it was like the one at a dealership and would do several brands of vehicles I NEED that LOL
and on the van ACCKK sounds like a bearing in the alternator Fingers crossed that is all it is and we can get it taken care of before it goes all the way out but hey alternator is way better than what it could be! off to pick up Steven from Kenny's LOL he AND Ashley's' two sisters spent the night at Kennys Steven took his PS2 and tons of games i bet NO ONE got any sleep last night BBL Thanks Lony!
That sounds like so much work, Deb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Have you noticed all the different diet commercials? I saw one last evening with Sharon Osbourne. It was for Atkins.
Interesting.....never knew she was on Atkins.....Yeah, you can tell it's the beginning of the year by all the diet and exercise commercials..

Quote:

Lets just say it involves a snow blower, an elk and lots of vicks vapo rub!

Quote:
Popping in. I got so much done---I'm proud of myself. Folded laundry. Went through all the 2012 files---threw a ton away and organized the rest. Paid bills, balanced the checkbook, put all the bd's and stuff on the new calendars, organized my coupons. I even cleaned my big corner cabinet where I store my magic bullet blender thing---I had junk in there that had to be throw away. Slim fast bars, jerky, sf candy, all kinds of old weird stuff.
Wow! Maybe you should become a professional organizer!

Quote:
Well but if they cut your stomach..oh I don't know I don't want to offend anyone.. I am having a horrible time of losing weight and gaining weight as we speak...wish I could sew up my mouth for a few days..
Melindochka, didn't they used to wire people's jaws so they couldn't eat?

Have you tried counting calories and recording them online? there are many free websites.

Quote:
Well just now I ate half of my steak...so maybe 4 oz and half of a potato, and 2 bites of broccoli cuz I was full. I think I can eat a little more than some sleeve patients because my doctor didn't make my sleeve super tight. But on the good side, I had less problems in the beginning and I didn't get any "restrictions" which is when scar tissue starts adhering to itself in there (I think?)

Anyhoop! Time for me to go to bed. G'nite all.
That sounds so scary....I know when my SIL had the band lots of food would get stuck and she would just be miserable.

Good night, Mona!

Quote:
Mine is probably stretched out to a gallon size!

Quote:
Question ladies...........

I have never used the mixed protein drinks.......My target visit last week, I got the designer whey chocolate ones.............omgoodness........so sickeningly sweet. Are they all this way?

I hate to buy a huge can of the powder - was thinking I could do one a day of a premixed one. Any advice?

Linda
Linda, My kid likes the Muscle Milk premade protein shakes, we get them at Sam's. I have tasted them and they taste not bad at all....almost like ice cream. But they also have tons of carbs in them. Atkins shakes aren't too bad tasting, either.

How are your knees? Hope you are feeling much better physically. You had mentioned massaging them gently helps.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-06-2013 at 01:14 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #770

My apologies to all who play Words with Friends with me....I've been busy the last couple of days with stuff around the house and haven't had the time to get on the desktop. But I'm going there right now.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #771

Linda.sending you best wishes.. I love corned beef and cabbage,,,,little mustard all over it yum

Elizakins...i am cool with weight watchers points plus...I just need to stick with the diet..if i did I would lose weight....seriously....I have always felt that it's calories in and calories out no matter the plan anyway..I need to be a big girl and stick to the diet and stop eating anything and everything
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #772

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Watch out family, there is a new Sheriff in town!
Yes ma'am. And they will finally get some veggies in them. LOL Dh rarely made veggies for them, especially now that I can't really eat them.
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #773

Quote:
Did DH do a good job? Are you happy to take back the reins? Right now I'm cooking up a couple of steaks. DH still isn't awake yet. I guess he gets to reheat his meal.
He did a very good job. I'm ok to take back the reins. My boys could both lose some weight so I need to plan lower carb meals.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #774

Quote:
They do cut your stomach and if you do the by pass, you get malabsorption so you don't absorb all your calories. If you eat the wrong stuff, too much sugar and/or fat, you will throw up. The first 6 months is called the honeymoon period as you can't eat much so you lose pretty much no matter what you eat--even bad choices like carbs and stuff. After that, if you choose the wrong things to eat, you can start gaining. Then after that, you can strecth your stomach and if you choose to graze all day---you can gain all your weight back plus. It's just a tool and you have to follow the rules or you will be in the same boat you were in before the major surgery.

Ask anything you want. You won't offend me--at all.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
and to think I missed that conversation? do you wear heels and fake eyelashes?

Omg, laughing so hard right now....Do not fear the almighty garlic .....

That sounds like so much work, Deb!

Interesting.....never knew she was on Atkins.....Yeah, you can tell it's the beginning of the year by all the diet and exercise commercials..

Wow! Maybe you should become a professional organizer!

Melindochka, didn't they used to wire people's jaws so they couldn't eat?

Have you tried counting calories and recording them online? there are many free websites.

That sounds so scary....I know when my SIL had the band lots of food would get stuck and she would just be miserable.

Good night, Mona!

Mine is probably stretched out to a gallon size!

Linda, My kid likes the Muscle Milk premade protein shakes, we get them at Sam's. I have tasted them and they taste not bad at all....almost like ice cream. But they also have tons of carbs in them. Atkins shakes aren't too bad tasting, either.

How are your knees? Hope you are feeling much better physically. You had mentioned massaging them gently helps.

Eliza - forgot to say - low carb mixed protein drinks. I could not believe how sweet they tasted - even tried putting in cocoa powder to see if that would help - it didn't help at all. Then tried adding a little hwc - lol - see where this is going? it was a mess.

I'm still massaging my knees with arnica gel. Funny - the knee I fell on is still numb on the outside..........but, it doesn't bother me - just feels odd when I touch it. I do think the massage has helped though - thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #776

The ready to drink protein shakes are all pretty sweet as are the powders. I even have one that is decaf espresso flavor and it's pretty sweet too.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #777

I'm having that espresso shake right now, trying to get my protein in. Going to MIL's at 4:30.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #778

Quote:
They do cut your stomach and if you do the by pass, you get malabsorption so you don't absorb all your calories. If you eat the wrong stuff, too much sugar and/or fat, you will throw up. The first 6 months is called the honeymoon period as you can't eat much so you lose pretty much no matter what you eat--even bad choices like carbs and stuff. After that, if you choose the wrong things to eat, you can start gaining. Then after that, you can strecth your stomach and if you choose to graze all day---you can gain all your weight back plus. It's just a tool and you have to follow the rules or you will be in the same boat you were in before the major surgery.

Ask anything you want. You won't offend me--at all.
God Chewie. I bet I would blow it...wish something would click for me...Your doing awesome..
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #779

Quote:
Linda.sending you best wishes.. I love corned beef and cabbage,,,,little mustard all over it yum

Elizakins...i am cool with weight watchers points plus...I just need to stick with the diet..if i did I would lose weight....seriously....I have always felt that it's calories in and calories out no matter the plan anyway..I need to be a big girl and stick to the diet and stop eating anything and everything
Yeah, I know I should stick to LC because I feel better, but I absolutely need to stay below 2000 calories and up my activity level. For better or worse, that's the only way. Maybe young males under 30 can afford to eat more calories, but I know I can't overdo it and expect weight loss. Unfortunately.

As for the ice cream last night, DH got me a pint and I left about 1/4th of it for later. Hope it's still in the freezer, haven't checked.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #780

Quote:
Sorry, I have just been sick and busy. You are right though, I do have a lot on my mind.

It is cold here. We still have snow on the ground and they are calling for six more inches on thursday. During the day we have been getting up into the low 30's and at night we are about 4. With the wind chill the real feel is about -10. Ahhhhh life in the mountains. It could be a lot worse.

Still trying to get Fred used to his boots. They are black and red and he hates them so much! I even tried just the front paws but he fell down the stairs and it broke my heart so I took them right off!
Ahhh, poor Fredburger.