Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I say rip that list into four chunks and share the wealth.
GOD I love you...you are hilarious!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #722

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Happy la Befana to you also Deb!
Well I sure hope my grand kids never hear about this lady. They would take it and run with it for more presents!!!

Chewie.....I am SO jealous of you but happy for you also!!

Hubs and I went out for breakfast this morning and a large group of people all over 75 came in. Some hadn't seen each other in a long while and it was fun just watching and listening. I realized I knew a few of them from yrs. ago at church. This one lady was always so funny. The life of the party. Kind of like you Lony. She had dyed black hair back then and unlike most of us she carried it off not looking like an old hooker. She was a larger built lady but she always dressed to the tee in lovely dresses or nice pant suits. She was a bit loud and always had a smile or a laugh going on. I will always remember her telling me this. Sue, I always have under clothes on that matches my outer clothing. If I die I want to look nice at the mortuary! I have thought about that many times over the year as I put on my raggedy undies!
I felt blessed this morning just to listen and watch that wonderful older group. They are at the age where they know and understand life. Coffee, breakfast, old friends, and matching underwear. I am sure God was smiling down on them thinking.....now they get what it is all about!!!
Wait, are you saying I am the life of the party or I look like an old hooker?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Wait, are you saying I am the life of the party or I look like an old hooker?
<snort>
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
GOD I love you...you are hilarious!!
It's because I look like an old hooker huh!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Melinda ate garlic and she thinks it's delicious!

Your food sounds yummy as usual!! Hope you can get your DH's blood sugars back to a reasonable amount. High BS is really so bad for our bodies. Hurts every cell in the body just about.
LOLOL!! it was only 2 sprinkles of garlic!! But in all honesty that pickle recipe from Linda's low carb is the best I have ever tried...the only thing is I didn't put in all the salt.. cause I have made recipes before..and the salt becomes concentrated.. so these are more low salt.. but MY GOD they are so delicious!! I used Persian cukes.. cause I couldn't find the pickling ones!!!

My son said OMG MA!! that package of garlic powder, your going to be leaving it to me in your will!! OMG I laughed so hard..

Thanks Mona. I hope so too.. he has to stay out of my son's snacks.. he didn't even touch those things before... but you know what happens you start again and you can't stop... I bought him tons of cheese and lunchmeats, ham etc and giant can of nuts...peanuts, 2 of them.. and he has his fruit.. and I need to follow him as well. I am just as guilty...
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #726

Quote:
It's because I look like an old hooker huh!
No cause your funnier than heck!!! and make me spit my coffee or whatever I am drinking..

Speaking of which.. I need a break from coffee.. I haven't had it in about 3 days now..
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #727

Sue.. Your breakfast sounded like a blast... my hubs loves to go out to breakfast.. but he won't do it if he has to go to work the same morning....
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #728

So I was at Walfarts and it was raining.. and as I am down the tomato paste aisle this lady in one of those wheel chair carts...stops in front of me and says I just fell in the parking lot...I already have 5 screws holding my knees together...and it hurts like heck...we had on the same shoes.. so I said is it because of the shoes and she said no I stepped in a puddle...I felt so bad.. asked if I could help her and she said no she wanted to get the heck out of there. I said yeah know what you mean.. that's why I am here at the crack of dawn too..

SO anyway, 130 bucks later!!!!! It took 5 trips to take the crap in.. and 20 minutes to put it away...sonny boy told me he wanted hot pockets for breakfast...so as I am taking it out of the box, I have an avalanche coming down from my freezer...now everything is holding up.. but I gotta get my cheese and sandwich thins later LOL!!!!

OK I am on to cutting my fruit and starting my cooking.....talk to you lovely ladies later...

Anyone hear from Seth??
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #729

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Deb, will it just not even try to turn over? I will ask mike when he gets up, he may have some suggestions.

Ohhhhh and you can go to the local auto parts store and get your own OBD2 scanner for around 80 bucks. It will read the computer and tell you what codes it is throwing. I know it has saved our bacon more than once.
the chevy??it doesn't try to turn over cranks but won't start we though the timing chain was in bad shape or had jumped time nope PERFECT danged thing looks brand new then Ken went and coil pack and it made no difference. it is getting fire and fuel
does the OBD2 scanner do more than the little one at like advanced auto?/ the one they will do for free? cause if it was like the one at a dealership and would do several brands of vehicles I NEED that LOL
and on the van ACCKK sounds like a bearing in the alternator Fingers crossed that is all it is and we can get it taken care of before it goes all the way out but hey alternator is way better than what it could be! off to pick up Steven from Kenny's LOL he AND Ashley's' two sisters spent the night at Kennys Steven took his PS2 and tons of games i bet NO ONE got any sleep last night BBL Thanks Lony!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #730

All the OBD2 scanners will do all vehicles from 92 up. They are universal.

Geeze Deb, I don't know what to tell you. You might want to go borrow the one from the auto parts store and run the codes.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Have you noticed all the different diet commercials? I saw one last evening with Sharon Osbourne. It was for Atkins.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #732

Quote:
Have you noticed all the different diet commercials? I saw one last evening with Sharon Osbourne. It was for Atkins.
Which I think is funny because Sharon Osbourne had gastric bypass surgery years ago along with her husband. Oopsie, she had the band, sorry my bad.

You always know when the new year starts, nothing but diet and excercise commercials on the boob tube.

Last edited by Lony; 01-06-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #733

Quote:
Which I think is funny because Sharon Osbourne had gastric bypass surgery years ago along with her husband. Oopsie, she had the band, sorry my bad.

You always know when the new year starts, nothing but diet and excercise commercials on the boob tube.
OMG that's right! She had WLS..I used to listen to Howard Stern....not to sound dumb, but if you have that surgery doesn't it last for forever?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony... NO....wasn't saying you look look like an old hooker! But....who really knows just what you Wyoming mountain women do up there late at night!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Really??? I wasn't aware she had surgery. She has kept it off good. I got the impression she had lost 20 lbs or a little more on Atkins.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #736

Quote:
OMG that's right! She had WLS..I used to listen to Howard Stern....not to sound dumb, but if you have that surgery doesn't it last for forever?
LOL No Melinda it is a tool to help you lose weight. You can put it all back on, take my sister for example.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #737

Quote:
Really??? I wasn't aware she had surgery. She has kept it off good. I got the impression she had lost 20 lbs or a little more on Atkins.
She had her her band in 1999. Then she had it removed and she put on some weight. She may have lost weight on Atkins
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #738

Quote:
Lony... NO....wasn't saying you look look like an old hooker! But....who really knows just what you Wyoming mountain women do up there late at night!

Lets just say it involves a snow blower, an elk and lots of vicks vapo rub!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #739

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Popping in. I got so much done---I'm proud of myself. Folded laundry. Went through all the 2012 files---threw a ton away and organized the rest. Paid bills, balanced the checkbook, put all the bd's and stuff on the new calendars, organized my coupons. I even cleaned my big corner cabinet where I store my magic bullet blender thing---I had junk in there that had to be throw away. Slim fast bars, jerky, sf candy, all kinds of old weird stuff.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Popping in. I got so much done---I'm proud of myself. Folded laundry. Went through all the 2012 files---threw a ton away and organized the rest. Paid bills, balanced the checkbook, put all the bd's and stuff on the new calendars, organized my coupons. I even cleaned my big corner cabinet where I store my magic bullet blender thing---I had junk in there that had to be throw away. Slim fast bars, jerky, sf candy, all kinds of old weird stuff.
Great job Chewie McOrganizerPants!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #741

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
So I did my meal plan through Friday. Woohoo. Haven't done one of these since before surgery. Basically, been leaving it to dh. I'm taking back over.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #742

Quote:
So I did my meal plan through Friday. Woohoo. Haven't done one of these since before surgery. Basically, been leaving it to dh. I'm taking back over.
Watch out family, there is a new Sheriff in town!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Did DH do a good job? Are you happy to take back the reins? Right now I'm cooking up a couple of steaks. DH still isn't awake yet. I guess he gets to reheat his meal.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
We are now down to one very junky car to drive. My husband has a 4-wheel drive truck he doesn't drive much because of the poor gas mileage. It is not getting hot. Not sure what is going on. That will certainly take some planning to get me to work and him to follow up doctor appointments. I am not supposed to get my car back until week after next.
Sorry to hear this Lucky. My daddy would have said 'there is always the tractor or the picker to get me where I want to go'. Mom used to tell him - 'if it ran faster, I would take it - but taking 2 hours to get to work just isn't in my plan'.

How far do you have to drive to your work place? How many hours a week do you put in anyway?

Did your dh have to start drops in his eye today too? I hate drops so much. Guess it has to be done.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #745

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
I've been running around doing chores. Still not done.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda....Here is my menu for tomorrow....I started using carbs.. and since my hubs has gained back some weight and his blood sugar has shot back high.. I decided to go back to preparing low carb foods again.. so I am looking at my old recipes and browsing Linda's etc...if I do use something carby...it's very little or something that is spread thru out the recipe...I am going to go back to doing that again.. and prepare a carb serving for my son...I need to do this as hub's blood sugar was 200 2 days ago.. after I got it to drop to 95 average...and I don't consider tomatoes and onions carby and he lost weight and dropped his sugar while eating tons of fruit..so...

I am making Salisbury steak....that has beef broth and some tomato paste and the veggies in the steak itself.. steak LOL I mean ground beef patty...

Asian Meatballs....which nothing in it is carby..sesame oil, soy sauce, cilantro etc

Veggie patties...which has sauteed veggies and a cup of heart healthy bisquick, egg, fry like a pancake... that really is the only carby thing I am using....but I gotta use it up, the bisquick.. and someone special sent me the recipe...wink wink wink.

Chicken thighs.. I got a family pack of those 99 cents a pound!!! so I am unsure how I am going to prepare that. I wanted to make honey chicken thighs.. but I may just make low carb fried chicken...The honey thighs uses 1/2 cup of honey and I think that is way too much carb wise...

Philly Cheese steak...I am going to caramelize some onions and add roast beef and provolone cheese and use sandwich thins....I am just making 6 halves...the sandwich thins are thin very thin.....and I can also use that for my son's lunch as well...

Fruit salad...I got some fresh blackberries and strawberries and melon...

Corn salad.. this is for sonny boy only...

Linda's mushroom, chicken sausage casserole...

Bacon, tomato, avocado salad..mayo with a few shakes of Ranch dressing powder...

Linda's recipe of a Clausen Pickle clone.. OMG...the original recipe she said was to leave out on the counter for a week and then in the fridge, but since her husband has an immune system problem, she put it in the fridge right away...and she said by the next day they were done and delicious..well I made it around 10am...today.. I even shook in some garlic powder.. and she said to leave out the onion...and anyway.. I checked on it now to see and it was so delicious.....OMG yummmo...

So that is what I am going to make tomorrow..

Wow Melinda - I do believe you have outdone yourself this Sunday. So many things - so many choices - I love it............definitely going to go look that pickle recipe - any recipe that gets you to even buy garlic - well - has to be a winner - and the fact you tried it - with garlic in it..........

Also the chicken mushroom stuffing of Linda's. A few others sure got my attention.

You and Eliza and anyone else even thinking of ice cream - stop it ............you made me so hungry for the rocky road that Friendly's used to make.......but I do have to admit - the chocolate laced with brownie bits is also a favoriate.

Too cute - sonny boy trying to keep mama honest with her carbs/snacks.

Yes - I'm doing some carbs too - it's just not reasonable to think you can live the rest of your life without them. Just trying to watch them and use 'better' carbs like fruit instead of pastas and breads. I love the sandwich thins too. They are my choice too.

Linda
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #747

Quote:
LOL No Melinda it is a tool to help you lose weight. You can put it all back on, take my sister for example.
Well but if they cut your stomach..oh I don't know I don't want to offend anyone.. I am having a horrible time of losing weight and gaining weight as we speak...wish I could sew up my mouth for a few days..
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning Sunshines. Time to rise and whine. I woke up this morning feeling almost human. Today I get to go to the laundrymat but I may just take Mike with me. hehe

I am going to make a meatloaf recipe I found on Pintrest that uses a box of stove top stuffing so we will see how that goes.
Have you seen the recipe with ham/broccoli/stuffing? I keep thinking I want to try it - but haven't. Let us know how you like the meatloaf - and how you made it? I'm picturing a box of stuffing in a meatloaf instead of on top of?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #749

Linda.. I just put a few granules of garlic!! LOL...listen my son is as I said is a huge Baltimore Raven's fan.. and I am watching the game with him now...well now it's half time.. but OMG my kid turned into a devil...good lord...I told my son his quarterback sucks.. OMG wrong thing to say!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Did DH do a good job? Are you happy to take back the reins? Right now I'm cooking up a couple of steaks. DH still isn't awake yet. I guess he gets to reheat his meal.
I love steak!! cook mine nice and rare..