LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I have to clean the kitchen as I go.. because I get ants if one wrapper is left out...so I clean as I make a dirty dish...and I don't use the dish washer cause my drain isn't working so well.. so sonny boy fills it.. I take a huge towel and wash by hand and dry on that towel and put it away...otherwise I would have ants and dishes all over that kitchen..
Yuck, you still have ants???? I'd freak out.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #602

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
So I went to 2 stores and got every single veggie one can think of...even a Leek.. I slid one out of the bunch LOL!!! I treated myself to dried pineapple.. I really love it...

I am going to try this Linda Low carb recipe...and make some overnight pickles.. it's supposed to be left out on the counter for a week or something and then in the fridge.. but she said due to her husband's immune system, she put it in the fridge right away and by the next day it was ready.. so I am hoping for that...

I actually bought a package of dry garlic!! I told the check stand lady to pack that sucker in another bag!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Yuck, you still have ants???? I'd freak out.
MY GOD Chewie...Deb understands I swear..you wake up and somewhere there are ants here.. but so far knock wood there hasn't been for a couple of months.. but I don't want to chance it....these 2 are so messy and slobish.. that I am forever rinsing off the counters anyway...but I guess it's better than watching TV and seeing movement and you look and it's a cricket!!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #604

I also wanted to wish everyone well on their upcoming surgeries and procedures by the way....pray it goes smoothly and recovery is a snap...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #605

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Since my last weekend I think. And sometimes I don't get around to washing all the tupperwears. I was sick. And busy baking cookies! Don't judge me.
Honey, I totally get you. i hate washing tupperware, always looks cloudy whether i wash it by hand with vinegar or in the dishwasher. I always used to wash them by hand but finally decided to save myself some extra work - top rack of dishwasher works just fine for Tupperware.

You're a hard working lady and it sometimes happens that we don't get to the dishes right away.....I know I don't...my full time job keeps me away from home sometimes till 6 or 7 pm.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-05-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #606

Linda.. you know out here we have no Football team. and my son is in love with pro football so last year he chose his team follow...which is funny to me.. cause I don't have a team to root for...but I would at least root for the San Diego team... LOL but he choose the Baltimore Ravens!!! he has a Jersey of Ray Lewis, he has a tumbler, socks one of those coffee holders for hot coffee, pencils.. thanks to his aunt LOL...but anyway I just thought you would find that funny...

Speaking of puppies.. our dogs are 10 and 9 and 9....when we lost first set of dogs.. I was hit the hardest....I still miss them so much...my golden retriever Boo Boo.. he was a rescue dog.. well my Pyrenees are too.. but I miss my Boo Boo...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #607

Now if I can get this warm fuzzy snugly kitty off my lap and get up to do some extra work around the house......
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #608

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Honey, I totally get you. i hate washing tupperware, always looks cloudy whether i wash it by hand with vinegar or in the dishwasher. I always used to wash them by hand but finally decided to save myself some extra work - top rack of dishwasher works just fine for Tupperware.

You're a hard working lady and it sometimes happens that we don't get to the dishes right away.....
Just buy the cheap ones and when they get to looking yucky I put craft stuff in them and buy more.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Melinda - you are the early bird as usual. What's on the menu tomorrow - always like reading the dishes you make - gives me ideas.

Mona - I like Zevia too. Can't find it here in the local groceries. It's pricey - but I don't drink that much soda - so it's worth it to me. You know, I just realized that I really miss having all my dishes/containers. Most of mine are still in storage. That's why I'm constantly handwashing my containers/dishes.

Lynn - great 'blonde' joke - will definitely pass this on to my blonde sis. She has been the brunt of so many, I'm sure whe will enjoy this one a lot.

Chewie - I think you have a boarding house - you must have a sign out front that says - come on it - room and lots of good eats to all teenage boys. I used to have lots of teens too, but I think you get the blue ribbon for the numbers that you feed.

Sue - One more day closer to Layla debut. Can't come soon enough fo you I know.

Lony - You're awfully quiet - you thinking too much? Or getting all the glitter cut up to sprinkle around on everyone? Health glitter, Happy glitter, Whatever glitter. You are our glitter girl.

Deb - hope Ken figures out what's going on with Ashley's car real soon. Too cold to be working outside for long.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Apparently...just don't tell us you hitchhiked anytime soon....
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Is this really for real? How many people do this? I'm thinking no one - let alone a germ would get near you with this exuding from all the pores. Makes me shudder just thinking about putting it together. Eliza - are you going to give it a try? Sure sounds like the flu is bad already and not going away any time soon. Almost makes you paranoid to go out in public anymore - trying to avoid the bugs out there.
It was a physician who came up with it, but I don't remember the name. I take odorless garlic, so maybe I can skip it from the concoction.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Linda.. you know out here we have no Football team. and my son is in love with pro football so last year he chose his team follow...which is funny to me.. cause I don't have a team to root for...but I would at least root for the San Diego team... LOL but he choose the Baltimore Ravens!!! he has a Jersey of Ray Lewis, he has a tumbler, socks one of those coffee holders for hot coffee, pencils.. thanks to his aunt LOL...but anyway I just thought you would find that funny...

Speaking of puppies.. our dogs are 10 and 9 and 9....when we lost first set of dogs.. I was hit the hardest....I still miss them so much...my golden retriever Boo Boo.. he was a rescue dog.. well my Pyrenees are too.. but I miss my Boo Boo...
Last time I was into football was when I was in high school and living in San Diego. Charger fan, of course. I remember the LA Rams and the Oakland Raiders. So both those teams moved away eh? Are the Raiders still a hated rival with SD even though they moved away?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm well Oakland is more of a Bay Area team. Doh
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:

Even funnier - I have no interest in football at all. But - yeah - the Ravens are big around here. Just like all the big teams are huge in their states.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #615

Quote:
I have to clean the kitchen as I go.. because I get ants if one wrapper is left out...so I clean as I make a dirty dish...and I don't use the dish washer cause my drain isn't working so well.. so sonny boy fills it.. I take a huge towel and wash by hand and dry on that towel and put it away...otherwise I would have ants and dishes all over that kitchen..
Now that it's cold, wouldn't that kill of their eggs? I've had luck with those little plastic thingies you buy from the store where they go in, get poison, and take it back to the nest.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Just buy the cheap ones and when they get to looking yucky I put craft stuff in them and buy more.
Oh yeah, I usually end up tossing them....too much trouble at some point to keep them looking clean.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #617

Quote:
Great minds. Sometimes I just throw them out.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #618

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Great minds. Sometimes I just throw them out.
I do that because there is no way on God's green earth I am going to open something that got forgotten in the back of the fridge for a week
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah, I usually end up tossing them....too much trouble at some point to keep them looking clean.
I've tried running tupperwear thru the dishwasher and it gets this gross white film on it that I don't want to have come in contact with food. So I just hand wash.

Well I'd better go check out my taco meat and start putting the other meat in the freezer.

Those pets will have to save themselves! (facebook joke)
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #620

Linda, we do have lots of kids here all the time. The good thing is that I know what they're doing, where they are, etc. The bad thing is the food cost. Yesterday the chili dogs and fries was nice and cheap. I only bought 2 big bottles of soda and that was it. I made them some chocolate chip cookies about 9:30 and called them down. They were thrilled. Plus since they ate so good, there was no extra mess in the kitchen this morning. Normally, they're up cooking frozen pizza or something. Not last night.

Familyroom and main hallway is un-decorated. I swept up the pine needles--dh put a bunch of fresh branches behind my big tapestry in the hall. It looked and smelled good, until I had to take them down. LOL What a mess and ouch, they sure do pinch. Lucky I had ds14 to help me break the branches.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #621

Quote:
I do that because there is no way on God's green earth I am going to open something that got forgotten in the back of the fridge for a week
Yep, me too. Sometimes you can't even tell what it is.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #622

Quote:
Even funnier - I have no interest in football at all. But - yeah - the Ravens are big around here. Just like all the big teams are huge in their states.
I have only gotten into football since my ds plays it. He's been playing since first grade and he's in 9th now. I've learned a ton---even if I didn't want to but now I love it.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #623

I talked to one of my good friends yesterday. She had weight loss surgery, the bypass, on Jan 15, 2012 so it's coming up on a year. It was so good to get "real" info. I'm a month out and so tired. She said that was normal and I feel better. I know if I say anything to my surgeon, he's going to tell me to EXERCISE. Yes, I know I need to do that but I'm so tired. Grrrrr How do you balance it all out? I'm having a hard time getting in all my protein and there just seems like the hours in a day run out and it's time for bed.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

i have been missing cause we have been trying to work on Ashleys ar and dang we CAN NOT find why it will not start UGH
Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope whatever it ends up being is not some hugely expensive fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Nice to see a "smart" blonde joke for a change..

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the Loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks andNeeds to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Mercedes Benz SL 500.

The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blond for using a $110,000 Benz as collateral against a $5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Benz into the bank's underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.

The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire.

What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The blonde replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my Car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"
You are right. This is a good one! What makes it really good is that you are assuming it is a dumb blonde joke and the table is turned on you!

Quote:
Good one Lynn!

Chewie can you pry off the key and see if anything is stuck under there?

I am having a Zevia soda for the first time. Finally found some in my store. I'm having grape soda. I'm always surprised when I expect the soda to be a color...in this case purple....and it comes out clear. Anyways, it tastes pretty good to me. It's sweetened with erythritol and stevia.

I've been a busy bee today. So far I've done two loads of laundry, two loads of dishes in the D/W and hand washed a whole rack full of tupperwears and pots, took the Christmas tree out to the curb. Swept up the needles (will vacuum when DH is awake), swept up the leaves outside so the boy scouts don't think we are lazy (which we are) , dumped the old tree stand and threw it away (I never want to see it again!!) and finally I have 3 pounds of ground beef browning on the stove.
Wow! You have done a lot! I tried doing the dishes a bit ago but the water didn't feel hot enough. Turns out dh was in the shower so I had to stop. Then oldest needed a shower so the dishes are still waiting for me.

Quote:
Aw - what a bummer. Even though I know kids heal quick - with swimming practices and all, doesn't bode well for him. Doesn't help that you tried to tell him it wasn't worth going sledding, etc. They know better. Kids - they drive you nuts and turn your hair gray.
Yes. Trying to keep him out of trouble is a hard job. We are back from the doctor and xray. He was supposed to swim this morning from 8:00-11:00 then a team breakfast. About 7:30 he came in to me to ask if he should go to the doctor to see about his wrist since they were open today from 8:00-11:00 (same hours as practice) or go to practice. I asked which he would really do and he said, go to the doctor so off we went. He either has fractures or a bad sprain. They put him in a splint and sent him to xray at Children's Hospital. We are awaiting results. I am praying for the outcome that heals the quickest, perhaps the fracture. She told him she doesn't want him swimming for 7-14 days and if he has a sprain she will send him to physical therapy. He was devastated and in tears after she left. There is no way a swimmer can go that long without losing tremendous strides before district/regional/state. Anyhow he had a thought and asked her nurse if it would be okay to swim using the kickboard (no arm strokes) and the doctor told her yes. So, whew, he can do something!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #625

Quote:
I talked to one of my good friends yesterday. She had weight loss surgery, the bypass, on Jan 15, 2012 so it's coming up on a year. It was so good to get "real" info. I'm a month out and so tired. She said that was normal and I feel better. I know if I say anything to my surgeon, he's going to tell me to EXERCISE. Yes, I know I need to do that but I'm so tired. Grrrrr How do you balance it all out? I'm having a hard time getting in all my protein and there just seems like the hours in a day run out and it's time for bed.
Honey, you are probably tired because your body cannot get enough nutrients from the tiny amounts of food you are eating. As you are able to eat more, you should be feeling better. Have you tried the green powders like Green Magma? Taste like freeze dried grass, but give you tons of chlorophyll and other necessary nutrients.

Hope you feel better and more energetic soon.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-05-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #626

Quote:
Honey, you are probably tired because your body cannot get enough nutrients from the tiny amounts of food you are eating. As you are able to eat more, you should be feeling better. Have you tried the green powders like Green Magma? Taste like freeze dried grass, but give you tons of chlorophyll and other necessary nutrients.

Hope you feel better and more energetic soon.
I'm not familiar with Green Magma but will look it up. It would be hard to fit it in though---truthfully. Plus I take a vitamin with minerals already and my protein shakes have lots of vits and minerals too. Sigh. I guess the gray January days and this being hard is just getting to me. I'll stop whining. Sorry.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Last time I was into football was when I was in high school and living in San Diego. Charger fan, of course. I remember the LA Rams and the Oakland Raiders. So both those teams moved away eh? Are the Raiders still a hated rival with SD even though they moved away?
Interestingly, the Chiefs and Raiders are big rivals. Chiefs fans cannot stand the Raiders. I found that interesting when I moved here. I never liked the Raiders growing up because they were one of the worst teams for unsportsmanlike conduct. They were vicious players. Shiver.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #628

Quote:
Thats what I do! glad ware from Walfarts.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Interestingly, the Chiefs and Raiders are big rivals. Chiefs fans cannot stand the Raiders. I found that interesting when I moved here. I never liked the Raiders growing up because they were one of the worst teams for unsportsmanlike conduct. They were vicious players. Shiver.
They are the dirtiest team ever...hate them
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #630

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Green Magma but will look it up. It would be hard to fit it in though---truthfully. Plus I take a vitamin with minerals already and my protein shakes have lots of vits and minerals too. Sigh. I guess the gray January days and this being hard is just getting to me. I'll stop whining. Sorry.
I M having gray sad days too