Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi all. I came home for lunch and then cleaned the kitchen. My dh has been great with all the cooking and stuff but man, he doesn't know how to clean properly. It looks like my kitchen again.

DS14 has 2 buddies over tonight. Since dh finished his homemade chili last night and we had chicken for dinner---it's chili dogs and fries tonight. I'm going to try the chili. I don't know how my tummy will take ground beef. Haven't tried it yet.

I'm having a cup of caramel coffee right now and then I have to scoot to the market for a few things.

Sue--we'll be watching the game too. We watch any football that's on.

Mona--how did the fence quote go?

Linda--maybe this will be your last paper to sign??? Hoping for that for you. Congrats on the 2X top. That's fantastic.

Lony--where are you today Ms. Cookie pants?

Eliza---you too, missing in action.

Deb--those crescent roll things do look good. Everything I've ever made like that is usually a winner. My boys especially like that kind of stuff.

Melinda--join the sad sack crew. I've been in the dumps all week. Let's make tomorrow and the weekend a better time. ok?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
My trip to the store

There was a bit of confusion at the Sporting goods store this morning.
When I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets the
cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun registry
people running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out
that she was referring to my credit card.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.
They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer!
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #543

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My trip to the store

Stealing this for my facebook status!!!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

I thought you would like this, Lony.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

The Resurrection
The children were gathered on the front pew one Sunday morning for the Children's Sermon. The minister asked, "Does anyone know what the resurrection is?
One little boy blurted out, "I'm not quite sure but I do know that if you have a resurrection that lasts longer than four hours, you have to see a doctor."
It took about ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough to continue with the worship service....

I could see my grandson saying this.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #546

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hello girls, sorry I have been MIA. I woke up this morning and my dear husband, who had just returned from work, told me that we have a problem with our heating system. Apparently, the motor on our heating system fan was going out. So, we have ordered one and it will be here on Monday or Tuesday hopefully. Thank God I have a mechanic at home, I cannot imagine how much it will cost me to have somebody come over to fix the thing. In the meantime, it is one small heater for 3,000 square feet of house....to say that it's cool is an understatement. I am debating whether I should buy another heater for the upstairs.

Then around noon I started the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and sat down to work on a presentation that I have been putting off for a long time. I'm helping my Principal do a presentation for parents on how to help their children with their reading homework.

I had to think it out, and start with general organizational tips, continue with the physical space, time management, talk about a homework materials box and a school launch pad. Then I had to move on to content and find a way to present to the parents reading strategies that they can practice with their children while they're doing homework. I also wrote about the State Reading test that those kiddos are going to take. Depending on their home language, they are taking it either in English or Spanish. It took a while to hunt down all the pictures and organize everything in PowerPoint.

So, now I'm finally mostly done, emailed the presentation to my principal, and am ready to get some work around the house done.

Two more days of vacation, but I think I'm ready to go back. I get too lazy when I'm left at home. Start watching too much TV, read too many books, and stay on the computer way too long.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #547

Sorry I have been MIA. The Augmentin they gave me to kill my crud once and for all is playing havoc on my tummy
Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #548

Quote:
The Resurrection
The children were gathered on the front pew one Sunday morning for the Children's Sermon. The minister asked, "Does anyone know what the resurrection is?
One little boy blurted out, "I'm not quite sure but I do know that if you have a resurrection that lasts longer than four hours, you have to see a doctor."
It took about ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough to continue with the worship service....

I could see my grandson saying this.
OMGosh that is so cute!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Night Eliza.....you tire me out on WORDS. Catch ya later. Have a good evening!!
Well you certainly kicked my petunia and won! Congrats! Great game played!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Where's Ms. Sexy Melinda????
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
GRRRRR The treasurer is back. He thinks he knows computers but he doesn't. He's driving me nuts.
OMG, Chewie, you really need to come up with some kind of way to get rid of this annoying person! You are too patient, I would be pulling my or his hair by this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning.. I am fine...I am just a little down in the dumps.. this too shall pass...

I am just researching some low carb recipes easy ones for Sunday....I have no food in my house and no desire to leave the house and hunt food down!!! talk about a lazy ass today...so that is that..
Why are you down in the dumps, my friend!? Is it because Sonny boy is going to leave the house soon? Or is it because of diet in obesity stuff that has been depressing all of us? Sometimes I feel that somebody put me in a bad dream that I cannot get out of like no matter what I do this obesity thing and all its related problems is hanging over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I have to go there at 7am on the nose.. or I just can't handle it....and then I have to deal with the solicitors and petition things by the door...I understand the Petition things.. some really do petition for good thing.. but I think they should hang a huge sign and if you want to sign it then do it.. but I feel accosted...
Same thing with me. If I don't get there by 7:30 AM ..... I also don't enjoy being solicited as I come into the door or go out of the door. If I want to support a cause or a charity I find them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Do you smell the cabbage? It's cold here - but the sun is shining. Got corned beef/cabbage and taters cooking away.

Deb you are fast - posted that crescent roll/chicken recipe and have already tasted it. Sure does sound good - and why not - all those cheeses all warmed up and gooey.

I hate banks/bankers/loan people/realtors..........last night - they made us sign another paper saying we could/would close by 1/31/13.............and something just bothered me about it..............but we did sign - and faxed it off to all............then this morning I got curious and was looking through the file - and sure enough - same paper - we signed it back in November...why can't they just do their jobs? In the meantime the house is sitting there empty...........they are taking the joy out of the house - and I'm not even in it yet. I plan on telling anyone that too- lol - when/if we ever do sign the final papers - after we sign. I am so tired of this - get my hopes up - then they get dashed, etc then all over again.

Ok - I'm over it.........off to check on my stinky cabbage.
Linda, hope things work out very very soon so you guys are not stressed out with these realtors and bankers. I think it always happens like this. Hope you get to tell us about your new home soon. Did you see any of the things I posted about shingles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Back from the stores. Right now I'm cooking up some chicken breasts for DH and I. I found some neat cheesy kaiser rolls in the clearance bakery bin and I thought it would make a good chicken breast sandwich. I'll put some cheese on there and some lettuce and call it a meal.

I was sort of stressing to get home by noon. When I was out and about the fence guy called and said he could come over to give us a bid on some fence repairs we need. Since I've been trying to arrange this for weeks I didn't want to pass up an opportunity. Made it home with 10 minutes to spare! Went to Catherines and they had one shirt in 2X but the other 2 shirts she just gave me credit for and I will have to order online again. It's nice fitting into a 2x! I will have to order pants online too. They didn't have any slacks with pockets. Catherine's is so hit-or-miss every time I'm in there.

Linda I'm so sorry to hear they are making you jump thru hoops with your house deal. Hope it's over with soon and you can move into your own place!

Deb that chicken crescent thing sounds great! I printed it off for later.

Chewie you should tell the treasurer that you have contagious cooties so he/she had best stay away.
Mona, I was at Catherine's yesterday, and it was quite picked out. I'm not sure I like them anymore. They have gone downhill over the years. First of all pretty much all natural materials clothing is gone, replaced by some gaudy nylon garments full of embroideries. Like it's not enough that I'm fat, but they have to abuse me by making me whear this?!!! Secondly, just like Kohl's, they artificially inflate their prices so then they can say they have these perpetual sales to get you in the store.

I was looking at a simple cotton nightgown yesterday and it was $52! It was very very simple. I think it is some kind of marketing ploy to make us feel like were getting a good bargain but I'm getting tired of them. And I even have the perks card but I don't get to use it so much.

Quote:
My trip to the store

Lucky, this is hilarious!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #551

Deb, Steven went back to school? How is he doing?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Linda, we have lived here 37 years and there have been two other wrecks. It was not a cross road, it was a 90 degree corner. We own the road, but we do not own the land on either side so we can't make it bigger. One side is a cemetary. They gave us enough land on the other corner so we could get a semi in and out. The road was bought in horse and buggy time and we don't have any other access. I'll be praying for you Tuesday.
Thanks Lucky. I'll do the same for your dh - and for your travel to/from the surgery.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
OH NO LINDA! i am soo sorry! sounds like they are just dragging their feet
Thanks Deb - I feel the same way - just should not be taking so long. Just so frustrating.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Liinda....have you told us all about your new home? If so, I must have forgot. Is it big, little, new or old? How exciting!!
Eli and I went to the store earlier. They have those carts with police cars and such for the kids to ride in. He had a ball and had to talk to everyone we passed.

It is tacos around here tonight along with a good ballgame (OU and Texas). I hope it is good. They may pound us in the ground!
No, haven't said too much about it - think I was afraid of jinxing something - we've had 4 contracts on different houses - all fell through for one reason or another. We rejected one once we found there had been so much termite damage. This house is really so similar to my old place - it's a little bigger than I really wanted - 1900sf up and down - but - ds will have the lower level. It's not new - needs a new kitchen and paint.

Aw - I bet too Eli loved his police car ride. They are so cute. The grocery here has just gotten some new ones.

Next sat is Layla's debut? Did you see the video of the baby being born c-section and taking hold of the doctors hand before he even lifted her out? If not - go to yahoo.com and put in something about baby shaking doctors hand. It is so sweet.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza - thanks again for the info on the salves. He had shingles 5 years ago - and is still bothered so much by the lingering nerve pain. I have been trying the arnica gel - seems like it really helps one time - not so much the next.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Lucky - both of those little stories are funny. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #557

So many procedures and surgeries going on in our group. I am going to have to get out the BIG bottle of healing glitter!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #558

Hey girls,

Just came across the recipe for this Master Tonic to kill all the nasty germs and viruses that are going around this cold and flu season....
Quote:
1 whole, fresh chopped garlic bulb, skins peeled off each clove (garlic is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic)
1 whole, fresh, peeled, chopped white onion, or the hottest onions available (similar properties to garlic)
1 4- or 5-inch piece of fresh grated ginger root (increases circulation to the extremities)
1 4- or 5-inch piece of fresh grated horseradish root (increases blood flow to the head)
4 fresh, chopped Cayenne peppers, Jalapenos, Serranos, Habeneros, African bird peppers...any combination of the hottest peppers available, including the seeds, but with stems removed
1 quart raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Pulse blend ingredients on low, gradually increasing to high over several minutes. Blend until chopped ingredients are finely pureed.

If you're working with a smaller or weaker blender, add ingredients about 2 inches (5 cm) at a time and blend until smooth, then add a bit of vinegar. Add a few more ingredients and blend again, layering vinegar on top.

3. Pour mixture into a clean quart glass canning jar. A dark glass jar is best to keep the light away from the tonic. Cap with a clean boiled canning lid and ring seal.

The jar does not need to be refrigerated. Just store it on a cupboard shelf over room temperature.

4. Use the tonic when you feel ill. Take 2 tablespoons morning and night at the first sign of cold or flu. Some people who take this remedy claim they feel better within 24 hours.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #559

He he he, if I dared clip his fur, I could totally make Blaze look like this:
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #560

Quiet around here tonight.....
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Got home sometime after 8:00 from ds' swim meet. He did improve his time in the 50 free which the Coach finally let him swim. He also did the 100 and 200 freestyles and the 200 and 400 Relays. We are happy to see that he improved a bit; however, sadly, he may not be able to improve by much more this season because he hurt his wrist the other night when he was sledding. His trainer says he may have some small fractures in his wrist. Ugh! And of course as he came in and hit the mat on the wall to stop the clock he ended up hitting it with his hurt wrist. I feel like beating my head against a wall I swear!!! He just had to go out sledding. I didn't want him to cuz he could get hurt and what happened?!

We ate dinner and are now watching the OK-Texas A&M game.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Got home sometime after 8:00 from ds' swim meet. He did improve his time in the 50 free which the Coach finally let him swim. He also did the 100 and 200 freestyles and the 200 and 400 Relays. We are happy to see that he improved a bit; however, sadly, he may not be able to improve by much more this season because he hurt his wrist the other night when he was sledding. His trainer says he may have some small fractures in his wrist. Ugh! And of course as he came in and hit the mat on the wall to stop the clock he ended up hitting it with his hurt wrist. I feel like beating my head against a wall I swear!!! He just had to go out sledding. I didn't want him to cuz he could get hurt and what happened?!

We ate dinner and are now watching the OK-Texas A&M game.
Oh no! That sounds painful! Hope he heals fast. Considering his age, if he doesn't aggravate it, everything should heal pretty quickly.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony,

sorry you haven't been feeling well and now the medicine is messing with you too!! Drinking gatorade and yogurt with probiotics?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Oh no! That sounds painful! Hope he heals fast. Considering his age, if he doesn't aggravate it, everything should heal pretty quickly.
Well, I hope so but the timing is not good. He has regionals and state starting in 3 1/2 weeks.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, I hope so but the timing is not good. He has regionals and state starting in 3 1/2 weeks.
That is bad timing
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #566

Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello friends. I just woke up a little while ago. I'm sure all of you are in bed by now.

The fence guy is going to email me a quote. He's giving me some different options. Chain link, a gate, or a regular wood fence. I'm hoping it's not going to be too much money.

KCMama I'm sorry your DS hurt his wrist. Hope it heals fast.

Lony I hope your tummy feels better soon.

Eliza that shaved cat pix is so funny. A little lion. I felt the same way about Joannes markups. I was so excited to use my 50% off coupon until I went in there and saw the super high prices! Sheesh. By the time I used my coupon my wreath was about the price it should have been.

Lucky love the jokes. Were you able to get a vehicle for your DH's appointment?

On tap for tonight: dishes and laundry. Wheee! I also have to package up a lot of the meat I bought yesterday. I got some ground beef 80/20, some boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and 4 NY steaks. The steaks were a bit of a splurge but I had a $5.00 off coupon. Tee hee.

In the morning I need to drag the crispy tree out to the curb so the boy scouts can take it away. Then I can vacuum and feel like I have a fresh start in my living room. There is glitter all over everything from the ornaments and xmas cards! hahaha.

Time for some iced coffee!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning guys....I get a "daily" email. Thought this might be helpful to some of you

Allowing Our Children to Be
Practicing Nonattachment
by Madisyn Taylor

One of the hardest things to do as a parent is to allow our children to be who they want to be.

Parenting asks us to rise to some of the most difficult challenges this world has to offer, and one of its greatest paradoxes arises around the issue of attachment. On the one hand, successful parenting requires that we love our children, and most of us love in a very attached way. On the other hand, it also requires that we let go of our children at the appropriate times, which means we must practice some level of nonattachment. Many parents find this difficult because we love our children fiercely, more than we will ever love anyone, and this can cause us to overstep our bounds with them as their independence grows. Yet truly loving them requires that we set them free.

Attachment to outcome is perhaps the greatest obstacle on the parenting path, and the one that teaches us the most about the importance of practicing nonattachment. We commonly perceive our children to be extensions of ourselves, imagining that we know what’s best for them, but our children are people in their own right with their own paths to follow in this world. They may be called to move in directions we fear, don’t respect, or don’t understand, yet we must let them go. This letting go happens gradually throughout our lives with our children until we finally honor them as fully grown adults who no longer require our guidance. At this point, it is important that we treat them as peers who may or may not seek our input into their lives. This allows them, and us, to fully realize the greatest gift parents can offer their offspring —independence.

Letting go in any area of life requires a deep trust in the universe, in the overall meaning and purpose of existence. Remembering that there is more to us and our children than meets the eye can help us practice nonattachment, even when we feel overwhelmed by concern and the desire to interfere. We are all souls making our way in the world and making our way, ultimately, back to the same source. This can be our mantra as we let our children go in peace and confidence.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Eliza. I have to send that picture of the "Lion" cat to my DD. Her Harvey could SO look like that!!!
Lucky....those are both such cute stories!
Linda...yes I saw that little video of the baby and the dr.!!! OMG! I'm hoping all works out this time on the house. I know you must be getting a little "crazy" with all the road blocks.
Lynn.....good article for those with kids at that age of letting go.
Lony....I'm hoping this is a better day for you. We all might have to come and take turns taking care of you while hubs is away at work!!!!
Mona.....Iced coffee???? Burrrr!! I take it it's warmer up your way than it is here at the moment.
Good morning Deb and Melinda!!!!! Rise and Shine or Whine everyone!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Morning Sue! Well it's currently 37 degrees (outside) and 66 in the house. I really like iced coffee--not so much hot coffee. It doesn't make me cold to drink it.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote