Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Back to Facebook to play Words with Friends with my dear friend Lony. Dinner still not ready...lol
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #452

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mine has jets but it is a very shallow oval "garden" tub. You have to pick which part is soaking....chest or butt. If you scoot down, the top part is soaking nicely, if you scoot up, then the bottom part is happy.

I want me a nice deep soaking tub, but who knows when I'll get one.
I've never used ours yet and we've lived here since October 2004. LOL Neither has dh and he used to use our one in CT all the time but then it was huge---like 6 feet x 6 feet.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #453

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Back to Facebook to play Words with Friends with my dear friend Lony. Dinner still not ready...lol
You are kicking my buns!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I was laughing too hard to take a picture. Mike was laughing too hard as well.
Love this.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #455

My dh finished cooking the chili tonight. I guess that'll be our dinner tomorrow night. He goes back to work so it'll be up to me. DS14 is having a buddy over for the night so I need to plan food for them and cook.

Tonight we're having chicken. I asked for it. I'm tired of ham and pork and got sick on the RB yesterday although it wasn't the meat. I still don't want beef.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #456

That is awesome that your DH made chili.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #457

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
could not resist this picture is soo pretty
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Good Grief - here it is after 7 and I'm just now getting on the computer. How do I manage to lose so much of the day. Oh - I know - cleaning........highly overrated - it just gets dirty again and so quickly.

Sue - prayers for dd and baby Layla. So worrisome for grandma and mama. Feel so helpless when our kids have problems - especially medical ones.

Lony - glad the dreaded biopsy day is done. Not fun for you I know. Poor Fred - I get the giggles when I see these videos of people that put shoes on their dogs. They are hiliarious.

Mona - although I don't have that many decorations up, I'm in no hurry to put the 2 trees (one is made of fishing line in the form of a tree, with a lighted village inside it) and a little 3 foot pre-lit tree.

Eliza - in all your reading - have you ever come across anything that helps shingles after pain? I have tried so many things, none have worked for dh so far.

Chewie - hope you're feeling all better by this evening. You've done so well - you'll figure it out - just how to treat this new little stomach you have now.

Melinda - the santa ana winds and dresses - whoopee di do.........wear some fancy drawers and enjoy the breeze - lol. I can just see you - whirling around - being your sexy self.

Lucky - how did you and the farm hand manage to have a head-on wreck anyway? You dh and myself will be in the same boat come Tuesday - I go in at 8:45 - can't believe what an assembly line it appears to be. I have to go back the next morning and then a week later for checks. Does your dh have to do that too? Then do it all over again on the 22 for the second eye.
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #459

Quote:
You are kicking my buns!
Not by much, let's not say how you kicked my buns before And everybody else I played with has kicked my poor buns
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #460

Quote:
Not by much, let's not say how you kicked my buns before And everybody else I played with has kicked my poor buns
except me i am pitiful!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I've never used ours yet and we've lived here since October 2004. LOL Neither has dh and he used to use our one in CT all the time but then it was huge---like 6 feet x 6 feet.
Girl, you have the biggest tub of all - a pool!

I want something like this with candles and bubbles and a glass of wine and some nice relaxing music:

That's about how good I'm gonna look, too!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
except me i am pitiful!
No you're not! You should see by how much some of the people I play with beat me.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #463

my tub it isn't pink it is bone and you can see one of the headrests
i lucked up on the fixtures too i got them off e bay for 85 shipping and all and the same set was like 500 bucks new
have no clue why it looks pink

here you can see both
Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - are you feeling any better? DS left one of the dogs out last night. Thank goodness it's not as cold here as it is there. He (the dog) was not a happy camper. Not because he was cold - he thought he missed breakfast. Kinda funny - he's a 10 year old German Shepherd - and seems like he is wanting to stay out longer and longer the colder it gets. Made sure to give him an extra warm breakfast. Do dogs do this for a reason? I hate to think of something happening to him. Ds will be devastated - these are his kids. Always something to worry about, if not one thing another.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #465

Deb, my tub in California was like that but it was longer and deeper. Ahhh I miss that tub! Yours looks really nice!!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #466

Quote:
except me i am pitiful!
Oh stop!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
could not resist this picture is soo pretty
This is beautiful. We have a friend that has 2 wolf hybrids - their eyes are almost mesmerizing. Very nice dogs - but they really are only interested in their owner - not outwardly friendly like dogs are. Their coats are so lush and beautiful.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #468

Quote:
Girl, you have the biggest tub of all - a pool!

I want something like this with candles and bubbles and a glass of wine and some nice relaxing music:

That's about how good I'm gonna look, too!
I am jealous of a dag nab DOG!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - are you feeling any better? DS left one of the dogs out last night. Thank goodness it's not as cold here as it is there. He (the dog) was not a happy camper. Not because he was cold - he thought he missed breakfast. Kinda funny - he's a 10 year old German Shepherd - and seems like he is wanting to stay out longer and longer the colder it gets. Made sure to give him an extra warm breakfast. Do dogs do this for a reason? I hate to think of something happening to him. Ds will be devastated - these are his kids. Always something to worry about, if not one thing another.
doing pretty good the sinus thingie is worse than it was after the steriod but not too bad today i gotta make up my honey and cinnamon! but my hands and feet are COLD! tonight how are your legs??/
poor dog especially if used to inside ya know the neighbors german shephard kita she has a nice insulated dog house kinda like rexies and she sleep on the ground by chioce?? IDK why they are using her dog house now for the chickens she wouldn't ever use it! is your yard fenced? we have a good size lot but Rexie seems really lonely in it since Ranger died so she spends most of the time on the tie out we had for when we clean out the lot we can not let her run free here the neighbors are well not nice even though their dogs run free and would shoot her
Kita has an invisible fence collar(not the bad neighbors the nice ones dog LOL) and ken is looking into getting Rexie one so she would have more freedom she is a lot older than Kita though and i wonder how the shocks of learning it's boundaries would do to her??
we had to put up several of the blowmolds that line the far driveway ken is going to try to tow Ashleys car here tomorrow to work on it and he needed room to maneuver and we let her free while we were out to watch her she had a ball but did get in the road once and scared me to death
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #470

Quote:
Deb, my tub in California was like that but it was longer and deeper. Ahhh I miss that tub! Yours looks really nice!!
wow bigger?? whoohoo that was a few years back it is all enclosed and tiled and well Ken still has to finish some of it but i KNEW once we started using that room he wouldnt do any more we have another bathtub shower in the same room with it(it was free Kens friend was tearing down a hous e and fgave that to us)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #471

Quote:
This is beautiful. We have a friend that has 2 wolf hybrids - their eyes are almost mesmerizing. Very nice dogs - but they really are only interested in their owner - not outwardly friendly like dogs are. Their coats are so lush and beautiful.
oh yeah more pack (and their human is their pack leader) not outsiders i completely understand
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #472

Quote:
I am jealous of a dag nab DOG!
YUP
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - Duke and Nicky have always been inside dogs. They are on an electronic fence. I was kind of worried that maybe Duke is separating from us - wanting to stay out longer and longer - no matter how cold it's getting. Don't even want to think of anything happening to them. Just have to stop worrying about him. How old is your Rexie?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #474

Quote:
Deb - Duke and Nicky have always been inside dogs. They are on an electronic fence. I was kind of worried that maybe Duke is separating from us - wanting to stay out longer and longer - no matter how cold it's getting. Don't even want to think of anything happening to them. Just have to stop worrying about him. How old is your Rexie?
she is getting up there hmm i think about 9 i will have to look up the pics of when the boys found her i hav e forgotten every thing
Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #475

Deb, the tub looks so good! Post us a picture when you guys finish the bathroom. Looks like it's almost done except for the tile!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #476

Linda, I haven't come across anything for shingles but let me go look. If the darn cat lets me! He is up to his old tricks of jumping on the computer desk and positioning himself right in front of the computer screen.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #477

Deb, forgot to mention....My kitty is definitely a boy. Let's just say he stuck his petunia in my face and right there was the fuzzy proof that he is of the male persuasion. No mistaking it!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #478

Quote:
Deb, the tub looks so good! Post us a picture when you guys finish the bathroom. Looks like it's almost done except for the tile!
that is an old old pic we have been using it for a long time now and we have a medicine cabinet in and all LOL i wonder where any of the newer pics would be?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #479

Linda, I'm looking at these for shingles, hope at least one helps:

`
`

Quote:
Capsaicin, a natural compound derived from cayenne or chili pepper, can be used topically for pain relief. It is available in ointment form as Zostrix, and can be applied four to five times daily for pain relief. It works by blocking pain signals from nerves just under the skin, and is very effective in reducing the pain of herpes zoster.

Cat's-claw extract has anti-inflammatory and antiviral actions. Take 1,000 milligrams three times a day.
Caution: Do not take this herb if you are pregnant.

The combination of echinacea and goldenseal is antiviral, immune- stimulating, and detoxifying, and is helpful in the treatment of herpes. Take 1/4 teaspoon of tincture in tea or juice three times a day. Or combine equal parts of tinctures of echinacea, goldenseal, nettle, and Siberian ginseng, and take 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture three times a day to strengthen your immune system and make it less vulnerable to infection.

Garlic has antiviral properties. Take 2 capsules of garlic extract twice a day for a week. Or just add a few minced garlic cloves to food such as pasta or salad every day for as long as you have shingless.

Lemon balm, also known as melissa, contains compounds known as polyphenols that have anti-herpes properties, and is felt by some to be a first- choice herbal treatment. Use topical applications of lemon-balm tea, which you can make by steeping 2 to 4 teaspoons of herb per cup of boiling water. Apply the tea to the blisters with a cotton ball four times a day In Europe, an ointment containing 700 milligrams of dried lemon-balm leaf per gram is widely used.

Lemon balm is only one of the herbs in the mint family that are effective anti-herpes agents and contain at least four antiviral compounds that target herpes. Other members of this botanical family include hyssop, oregano, rosemary, sage, and thyme.

Licorice contains several antiviral and immune-boosting compounds. You can apply a licorice ointment locally, drink a weak licorice tea, and/or apply a strong tea directly to the rash three times a day.

Oat-straw extract calms the nervous system. Take 500 milligrams three times a day.
Quote:
My friend came down with a painful case of shingles on her neck,into her hair,down to her chest and shoulders.I check your site and found a cure.First she soaked her feet in 1/4cup ACV and enough hot water to completely cover her feet doing this 2x a day, also dabbing straight ACV on the leasions with a cotton ball, it burns at first, followed by a cream. Made up of 1Tablespoon coconut oil,1 Tablespoon aloe vera gel and 1/4 tesp.cayenne pepper. Mix it up well and gently rub it in with a cotton ball.She also drank the ACV. 1 T.in water 3x day the blister came to a head that same day and the extreme pain decreased. By the third day she was healed. That was 3 weeks ago and she has had no reoccurence."
Quote:
1 T. Coconut Oil

1 t. Alo Vera oil from capsules which is approx. 4-5 capsules

1/2 T. Vitamin E oil

1 T. Cayenne pepper

Plus added corn meal to thicken the mixture. Applied the mix to the shingles, as it was spreading; let the application dry then removed as suggested by David. I followed this treatment for 2 to 3 times a day. Depending on the severity and process of healing. After 2 days, the shingles were starting to heal, then I made another batch of the mix without the corn meal and applied the mix to the shingles area. Thank you to all that contributed to this subject of shingles."
Old 01-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #480

there has been too much of that stuff going around today eliza! MY EYES! ;D ETA about Kitty def being a boy

have you made his appointment to be fixed yet?/

Last edited by debkeversole; 01-03-2013 at 05:47 PM..