Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Invictus
Stats: 281/267/199 5'11"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/28/2012
Hi crazymimi - where in texas are you? Im in central texas - close to Belton. It rained sooooo much here today.
Texas is some good shopping. No other state I ever lived in had that much shopping opportunities with such great prices. I scored some Jones New York shirts at Marshalls for $10 each. How can you pass that up? The wallet is sure slimming these days - lol
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
LadyN~ first of all, let me just say thank you to you and your sons for their dedication and service to our country in keeping us safe. WOW, you must be one proud mama! I am humbled, here I sit and complain cause my son is going away 2 hrs...you have a son in ANOTHER COUNTRY putting himself in harms way so that my son CAN go away 2 hrs to go to school. Again, THANK YOU sincerely. Your family rocks!

I do JUDDD which has a form of IF and I actually look forward to those down days when I go below 500cals because I don't have to really figure much out Plus, I love the "clean" feeling I get from a fasted state.. maybe I'm just strange in that way, but I do, I truly get a feeling of clean from the inside out eating this way.

I am anywhere between an 18 to a 22 depending on what it is.. I have a LB pair of jeans that are an 18 and then a pair that are 22 because they're different styles.. I have to remind myself every day that they're just numbers and it doesn't matter....some days are easier than others

I definitely do measurements because when that stupid scale refuses to give me results, the measuring tape almost always gives me great results.

I would love to be in a consistent 16 by July...even smaller would be fantastic.

I just bought a new Leslie Sansone dvd that I'm anxious to try...I've had it for a little over a week and keep forgetting I bought it So, I put it on top of my tv so I'll have to stare at it when I get up tomorrow morning.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Trapped Orcas

Cindym - omg have you heard about the trapped orcas? I just signed the petition. I pray something will be done to help them. It's heartbreaking.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/375/0...ukjuak-quebec/
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Ok, I'm going to quit worrying about the number on my clothes and concentrate on how they fit. I'm down 3 lbs in 2 days. I'm eating well but there are a lot of things I'm doing wrong like not drinking enough water. One thing at a time I guess. Starting my water quest today.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys,

you know how sometimes you buy cloth and think, "Well let me put that up and keep nice for special occasions" and then it NEVER gets worn, or you discover it when its either too small or too large.

So I had went thru all the hanging clothing bags in my closet and discovered some great stuff I bought over the years. I took it all out and put it right in the middle of my walk in closet. Clear in sight.

Now when I get dressed - even if I'm just getting groceries - I'm looking thru all these treasures and wear them. Its funny how I always tell other people not to save it WEAR it and have such a hard time doing it myself. New year better progress ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Thursday ~ WOW, back to work and meetings and I'm feeling very tired. And, I'm working Saturday this week "insert heavy sigh".

LadyN ~ Is IF the fasting except for one meal per day? How many carbs? How many calories? How long has your son been in the Marines? You must be very proud. Ditto what Danielle said.

Danielle ~ Good new with your new DVD. When do you get your new scale?

Invictus ~ Yes, I have been watching about the whales. Because of my job, I wear my special occasion clothes a couple of times, or more per month ~ I actually look forward to wearing jeans.

Invictus ~ that is awesome that you have lost 3 pounds in 2 days
Old 01-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
Cindym, IF is whatever you want to make it. You have your eating "window" of hours that you choose, then you have your fasting period. The 8 hour diet is a good start. 8 hours you can eat (although it's not recommended that you eat the "entire" 8 hours lol) and 16 hours fasting. They say you should work 1 or 2 24hr fasts in per week.

I started this way. I still try to keep carbs below 30. I find that the shorter my eating window is, and the longer my fasting period is, I can eat more carbs. I try not to go nuts except on special occasions (pizza and birthday cake, still within my eating window).

I went from an 8 hour window, to a 6 hour, then now, it's like a 2 hour window. it's flexible and you can tweak it to whatever works for you. It's more of watching "when" you eat and not quite as much "what" you eat.

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? Nothing too spectacular here, just errands and housework OH! DH & I may go out Saturday night... we're behind in our movie-going

Weather here has actually been cold (well, for the desert anyways!).... of course the sun is still big & huge & shiny

Jazlyn~ I totally agree....concentrating on how your clothes fit rather than the tag is the smart way to go. I can drive myself absolutely bonkers trying to figure it all out

Invictus~ very cool to be able to shop in your closet! Enjoy!!

Cindy~ bummer about having to work on Saturday Get some rest, hon!!

Terri~ you got the IF thing down to an art! You are doing so well!!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

I'm snowed in so nothing fun planned here.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy~ WTG on the shirt today! That must've felt amazing!
Great way to think of things for this weekend...still a bummer about work tho. Hmmmmm, not sure about the movie? There are several we haven't seen...Django Unchained, Life of Pi, This is 40.... and yes, I wanted to see the Streisand movie but it's not playing anymore at the theater we go to dangit! I love her in The Mirror Has Two Faces...love her!

Jazlyn~ oh my, snowed in!! I have never been around snow long enough to even comprehend what that would even be like. Heck, one year here it actually snowed..we were in CA visiting my parents at the time so we missed the whole thing..but I can only imagine people here freaking out at having to cope with what little showed up and stuck... Desert people aren't used to that kinda stuff!!

My complaint for the afternoon....I am STILL picking up pine needles from the xmas tree! They are every where. How is this even possible.

I must be getting rid of some of the bloat I've been carrying around for a couple weeks, the jeans I'm wearing today are positively huge on me. Thank goodness, I was really starting to question my weight loss
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Jazlyn ~ We used to have "snow" days but not since I was a little girl, which was a long time ago. I can remember when we couldn't open the door to our house because the snow was as high as the windows.

Danielle ~ It is playing at the "cheap" theatre here and I'm planning to try and find time to go and see it. Woo Hoo on the HUGE jeans .... time for the Thrift Store box.

Black long sleeve shirt and jeans .... it is -9 right now and didn't need to make a fashion statement while I was working on Saturday
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorepepsi
Stats: 250/243/135
WOE: Modified Greysheeters
Start Date: January 2013
I'll give myself a size 12 by Fourth of July (I'm currently an 18.) Great thread you have here... Behlor
nomorepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
My hair is in a pony tail. IDK of 44 year old's are supposed to wear it like this, but oh well.
I'm ten years older than you and wear my hair in a ponytail most of the time!

I have no idea what I weigh or what size I wear now. I'm living in track suit bottoms and fleece tops. We just got our heat/hot water back yesterday after three weeks, so lots of laundry to do now. On top of that I caught whatever illness my father had just before New Years, he's nearly well now so I hope to be soon. It was not much fun living in one room with an electric heater & gas fire to stay warm, so of course I ate nonstop to cope with it. I couldn't really cook - kitchen was freezing - so we ate a lot of junk.

Anyway, by the 4th of July I want to be wearing my size 8's again.
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Cammie~ good to see you! Hope you get to feeling better soon, I'm actually trying to fight it off AGAIN. Size 8's here you come!

Cindy~ whatcha mean you don't wanna be a fashionista in -9 weather? I'd be decked out in so many layers I'd prolly look like Frosty! LMK how you like the movie, I'm so bummed I missed it in the theater here.

Jazylyn~ you'll get those baggy pants soon, you're doing great!

Behlor~

Went out to dinner last night. Went kinda high on calories but not too too bad for an up-day.. I was up .5 on the scale.. Chugging the water today!

Productive morning- cleaned out our garage and half way done with laundry.. was nice to purge some old stuff and make my space all spiffy again!
While I was out there I found in a chest of drawers a bunch of sports bras I'd bought a few years ago..couple with the tags still on 'em.. I remember I'd shoved them in the drawer because they didn't fit when I was working out heavily and I was really p.o.'d Welp, now they fit! Guess this is a sign that it's time to get back into things and move my booty!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Danielle... I have a clothes as inspiration story of my own... some time ago, I bought a hipsterish pair of high-waist jeans from the Salvation Army... it's made by Madewell for JCrew, and it's a perfect size 4... I won't see size 4 for a long time, but each weight loss I see on the scale brings me closer to the jeans... have any of you bought jeans from the second-hand store as a reminder of your goal?

Behlor
Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Cammie... hope that January will bring more comfortable surroundings (and a healthier father) than December... it's hard to stay on the plan with so much stress... but this is not a fad diet, you fall down and climb back up... is size 8 British sizing? Or American? Sorta confused... Behlor
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday, even colder and snowing today. Decided I deserve a pj day

Invictus ~ We have to be friends first ~ I'm Cindy Masters

Behlor ~ Great goal and this time, my goal is one size at a time, I get too discouraged if I look at the big picture.

Jazlyn ~ Glad that you were able to get to the store safely.

Feel better soon Cammie ~ 3 weeks is a long time to not have heat or hot water

Susan

Danielle ~ Haven't gone yet, I can't find anyone to go with and I will wait for pay-per-view before I will go to the theatre alone
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Cindy,

I agree with your one size at a time goal... within the next several weeks, I plan to buy some size 16 jeans and skirts from eBay (I hate brick-and-mortar shopping!) It may be too big for the models, but it satisfies me!

Behlor
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - I cant find you under your name. ;-(

DesertGurl - Good going on the water. And yay for using the word "spiffy". Haven't thought of that term in a long time.

passion68 - I know, about the message function? Neither do I have my ticker. I changed my email and they cant recover my profile from 2005. So I have to start from scratch. I think I have to have it for 25 days? Hm...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepepsi View Post
... is size 8 British sizing? Or American? Sorta confused... Behlor
Well, I do have size 8 UK jeans - which I wore at Christmas 2011 - so that's my eventual goal again. But for July I'm thinking US 8's (UK 12's). I tend to refer to the US sizes because it's what posters here are familiar with (and many of my clothes come from visits to the US too!)

The central heating is working just fine at the minute... good thing because we had some snow yesterday! It didn't stick but this week is supposed to be very cold and below freezing at night so it better stay that way. Actually we spent one of the three weeks with my parents who keep their house really warm so it was only two weeks in the cold. Since that's also when I got sick I'm not sure if it was worth it, LOL.

I'm finally back on plan today. I had already decided to give JUDDD another try after the holidays so I worked out my calorie rotation yesterday and will see how it goes. Now that I'm drinking my coffee black it will help calorie-wise!

Maybe next week I'll be brave enough to stand on the scales and try to wear normal clothes so I will know what size I actually am now.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Cammie,

Thanks for the clarification... Behlor
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Quote:
LadyN~ first of all, let me just say thank you to you and your sons for their dedication and service to our country in keeping us safe. WOW, you must be one proud mama! I am humbled, here I sit and complain cause my son is going away 2 hrs...you have a son in ANOTHER COUNTRY putting himself in harms way so that my son CAN go away 2 hrs to go to school. Again, THANK YOU sincerely. Your family rocks!
Aww, thank you Danielle. I still complained when mine was only 1hr away too!!! It is still hard after having them for all those years. So do not minimize the impact of that hole in your household!

Quote:
LadyN ~ Is IF the fasting except for one meal per day? How many carbs? How many calories? How long has your son been in the Marines? You must be very proud. Ditto what Danielle said.
Cindym: IF is just what TerryB said, and I just kinda fell into this naturally. I usually only eat from 2-5pm each day. I am not very hungry because I keep it low carb. So I eat about 20-25 grams of carbs per day if that much!

It is really cold here right now, so I am exercising indoors. I wore a jacket to church Sunday that I haven't been able to get into for quite a while. I also have been wearing other items in my closet that have been pushed back because they were too small. That is what I am most excited about. I have quit looking at the scale because it does not tell me if I am actually shrinking. I am saving my money now, because I know in July I will have to buy new clothes!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and remember that progress is more precious than perfection!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250 met in May
Mini Goal: 200
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28) May hit size 22-24!
Next Goal: size 16-18 by BDAY in March
Walk 3 days a week
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday!

I went to the dr today and wanted to kick the scale. I did have on boots and all of my clothes but it was pretty depressing. I forgot to weigh this morning before I left to see if my scales are accurate. That is something I'm curious about.

My dr gives me ritalin to keep me awake because I have to take so much xanax during the day. I am supposed to take it in the morning and afternoon. I only ever take it in the morning. The dr has told me before that ritalin is the most sought after drug on the black market because adults use it as a diet pill. I can only get a perscription one month at a time. People get their children on it for ADHD and then take it themselves. Anyway, I started taking it twice a day like I'm supposed to because I can hardly stay awake in the afternoon and I have had NO appetite. I never did have an appetite in the morning and would forget to eat and now I know why. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't want to starve myself. I will just have to make a menu, post it on my fridge as a reminder to eat. Maybe this will wear off after I've done it a while.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, cheat free, day!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

This past weekend's Sunday Times had an article in the Style magazine about Intermittent Fasting, which reminded me why I wanted to try JUDDD again. Even when I don't calorie cycle I do much better eating once or twice a day and ignoring food the rest of the time. I do put a teaspoon of coconut oil in some of my coffee - depends how many calories I have to use for it - and that keeps me from feeling like I'm starving. Unfortunately nothing really kills my appetite - not LC, nor any of the supplements people have mentioned.

I had forgotten how COLD I feel on down days though! Yesterday I ate 388 calories and twice I had to wrap myself up in electric blankets to get warm. Right now I'm trying to decide if I really am hungry or if it's just the headache from the sinus infection that followed my cold. I do have 1600 to eat today if I wish though…

And I really need to exercise again. It will NOT be the 30 Day Shred (even though it really works), but maybe Leslie Sansone. Later today - once the frost has cleared off the footpaths - I need to walk to the village and pick up a few bits and pieces so there's at least half an hour of exercise. I have been thinking of ordering DVDs - something like T-Tapp or Callanetics maybe that won't hurt my knee.

Jazlyn, I never worry about ANY scale other than my home one because as Cindy said I always weigh different amounts on different scales and at different times. Plus boots and clothes have got to be heavy!

LadyN, I like the "eating window" idea! Unfortunately I can't make it work for me because dh comes home fairly late most nights and wants me to eat with him. Yay on the jacket!! That's so exciting to have something "new" to wear that doesn't cost you anything!

Behlor, I'm not much of a shopper either, I think they invented online shopping just for me! However when I get to America I need at least two suitcases to come home with… and when I lost my weight last time they were mainly filled with smaller clothes for me to "shrink" into. Though I have to admit I pre-order stuff for about two months before I get there as well.

I've bought a LOT of stuff from charity shops here, some was actually new with tags but other bits were secondhand. Mostly it was dressy things though. When I joined last year's thread I took out my Land's End size 4 black velvet trousers. Of course I didn't get anywhere near them by Christmas, but they're pretty.

Cindy, congratulations on the top fitting!! I like the reminder about ONE SIZE AT A TIME. I keep looking at my smallest clothes, but you're right about it being discouraging.

Wow Danielle… I hope you feel better too! Mines down to a sinus infection now and I'm drinking my apple cider vinegar in hot water which helps.

Hi to anyone that I missed!!

Last edited by cammie; 01-15-2013 at 01:47 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Cindym - thanks for the link!!! Added you ;-) yes I agree on the shopping. We should become personal shoppers, get paid for shopping all day. I scored a fuchsia Jessica Simpson Clutch, normally not my color but needed it to match an outfit. I told my best friend in germany and showed it to her on skype, she just shook her head. I said... YOU JUST WAIT, i see the day coming where you going to try to look real cute for whatever event and then you will ask me for an accesory and THEN I GET TO SAY: I told you so!!!!

Cammie - yes me too. Exercise. Even if its just walking. Something.

Sidenote: Here goes the hubby... its 8:13 eating waffles with syrup as a snack and not gaining an ounce. UGH
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Struggling with wanting to eat today

Cammie ~ I'm cold all the time, I can't imagine how cold I would be on JUDD. How was your walk today?

Invictus ~ Thanks for adding me. Wouldn't getting paid to shop just be the PERFECT job! With an unlimited budget of course
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, I'm nearly always cold too but for some reason the down days are even worse. It doesn't help that our houses aren't insulated, which means trying to keep it really warm would cost a small fortune. Even in summer I've either a wool jumper (sweater) or fleece on me. Of course we never get particularly warm weather and the damp means the "real feel" is always a lot cooler than the air temps.

I did walk, but it hurt my knee. I walked again yesterday to meet my sister in law for coffee, but with a brace on it had no trouble. Today is lashing rain so I am NOT going out.

Those days of just wanting to EAT are so hard!! I was like that yesterday, ended up eating my dinner early but kept my calories in line so I guess it was a success.

Invictus, it really is unfair! Not that I'm tempted by the carby stuff my dh eats, but the AMOUNT of food he can put away and stay thin sometimes makes me a bit resentful.

I managed to put some size 12 un-stretchy (but "relaxed fit") jeans on yesterday, but they're still really tight. I'll probably wear them tomorrow morning with one of my nice size L tops I got out of the attic before Christmas. I am just SO glad I didn't get rid of all my clothes last year!!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - Ugh stay strong today!!! You can do it!!! Some days I try distracting myself, like cleaning something. Or I say, ok if I do 20 min of kickboxing DVD you can eat chocolate. YEAH - i surely dont want to do the video so no candy. lol Or call someone. Japping on the phone keeps me busy. Called a friend earlier and we talked about Brahmin and Michael Kors bags and accessories... lol .... takes my mind all of food. Of course unlimited budget. lol. Oh by the way, so what is that group passion was speaking off?

Cammie - stay warm!!! I need to exercise too. Its just so much other stuff going on that im mentally exhausted. Im going back to work and my 13 month old is going to part time daycare. We shall see how that works. Can't wait for the house to sell so we can move back home to family.

Hang in there everyone!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Cammie, I struggle with cold on DD's too.. such a weird thing to experience. LOL Hope your knee gets to feeling better soon!

Invictus, I like your logic with the dvd and chocolate That's my kinda thinkin! Where is home?

Finally got out for walking today..totally spur of the morning. Hoping I can actually duplicate it tomorrow

New scale and I are still trying to get to know eachother.. I really like it...just don't like that it weighs me more than my trusty old one
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
Or I say, ok if I do 20 min of kickboxing DVD you can eat chocolate. YEAH - i surely dont want to do the video so no candy. lol
I love it!! Being a real exercise hater, I'm planning to see how far I get with just moderate walking which I don't mind (and can manage with my knee brace). Unfortunately today is both rain AND high winds, but my Friday coffee is on at noon so time to dig out the contact lenses and my EXTRA GOOD raincoat (it even has leg straps and a little cape-y yoke) plus my Gore-tex shoes. I can park about halfway between home and the village for free so that only leaves half the walk.

Between your little one starting daycare and going back to work not to mention trying to sell a house that's a LOT to deal with. Especially when your family aren't local to be able to help out when you need it. I can understand why you're exhausted - maybe you need to give yourself a bit of a break about the exercise for now especially if it keeps the candy at bay.

Danielle, I have a torn meniscus so it will really never be normal again. I had seen a surgeon, who basically said "lose weight". Apparently at my age the odds of the surgery helping at all were less than 50% and since I'd have to pay for it myself (or go on a waiting list for MANY years) that isn't really an option. If I don't exercise it's fine, even at my current weight, and with a brace I can walk although not quite at the pace I'd like.

When I had to change scale I revised all of my old weights UP by the difference between the two. That way I'd still lost the same amount of weight. Hope you get out for your walk today!