Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
Susan, I had too. DH suggested it because he knows how I love my pizza...but love my wings with blue cheese more. He says everything is going as well as can be. (he is a copy editor in the sports section of the paper down here, in case you are curious.) Fingers crossed!
Invictus, well done on the cleaning. And the LB issue, I've got the opposite issue. I'm 5'3", but my good friend has that problem. I know that things being too short is really annoying. Sorry! Good list for 2013! I think you will do awesome.
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey ladies!

Welp, I survived NYE fairly well... I did eat too much at dinner but I did alright calories wise so it's all good. New scale has me weighing heavier (8lbs)..I adjusted my numbers accordingly..no way am I sacrificing the 8lbs I actually lost All my scale drama will be but a distant memory soon. I hope!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hey ladies!

Welp, I survived NYE fairly well... I did eat too much at dinner but I did alright calories wise so it's all good. New scale has me weighing heavier (8lbs)..I adjusted my numbers accordingly..no way am I sacrificing the 8lbs I actually lost All my scale drama will be but a distant memory soon. I hope!
I would not be happy with that scale! Today I weighed myself on the bathroom scale and it was down over 3 lbs. since yesterday...I weighed on the Wii Fit balance board and it said down 1.5 lbs. The bathroom scale is so wonky, I never know if I can trust it. But at least both indicated a loss!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy New Year !! Party was great except that I drank too much

Ended up wearing black with silver shirt, jeans and fun jewelry. Part of the night I had a sparkly New Year's Eve TopHat but it was way too hot.

Not too disappointed in some of the pictures that turned up on facebook. I haven't taken mine off the computer yet. If we aren't friends yet, please feel free to friend me on facebook, if you want to take a look - cindy masters.

Back to work today and I'm really struggling with staying focused

Invictus ~ Great goals

Danielle ~ Glad that you had a good NYE and pretty awesome that you have a new scale, even though it weighs heavier than your old one.

Susan ~ Living closer would be fabulous. Your NYE dinner sounded

Tami ~ 4am wake up . . . . I hadn't even gone to bed by then

Mistizoom on both scales reporting a loss !!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #35

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Happy New Year, gals!

Cindym, you party animal! Your shirt sounds adorbs!

Danielle, sorry about the scale. BTDT. What I reallllly don't like is when the doc's scale weighs heavier than ours at home. One year, before we replaced our scale, it weighed me 17 pounds heavier! I was so upset! I had lost weight since my last visit, so the doc was happy and tried to be supportive, but still....

Mitzi, what is your favorite Wii game?

Back in the grind here at the office. Going through carb withdrawals-tired and sluggish. It's been awhile since I've felt this way. Wearing a black and white woven fabric skirt and long blazer combo, with a red turtleneck underneath. Tights and winter boots are a must these days because it's been below zero at night.
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Susan ~ Yep, that is me - party animal
Once again, your outfit sounds awesome!!

OMG ... work sucked and I really still wanted to be on holidays.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #37

Morning, gals!

Cindym, I hear you. I've been cranky since returning to work yesterday.

Today's outfit: Grey slacks, black long sleeve T, and a pink and white woven jacket. Much to my chagrin, the T is starting to fade. I never know when it's time to stop wearing an article of clothing when this happens.

And, IDK about you gals, but tights give me a heat rash if you know what I mean....
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thursday ~ Even though it is really cold out, I went for a quick walk at lunch before returning for pepper salami salad with feta cheese and artichokes.

Work is better today but I'm really glad that tomorrow is Friday

Susan ~ We are almost matching today, I'm also wearing black and grey but no pink .... a little bit of rose color in the beaded necklace.

As for tights ~ I haven't worn them for years and yes, I can remember the heat rash
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #39

Cindym, good for you for walking!!! Your lunch sounds delish! And, yay tomorrow is indeed Friday!!! Your necklace sounds beautiful.

Getting back into the grove of things, both office wise and on plan eating wise.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

I have totally lost track of what day of the week it is LOL I just know that it can't be soon enough to get these kiddos back to being productive Only part that stinks is my DS will have to head back to school in a couple days

Cindy~ you are rockin it girlfriend! Go you!!!

Susan~ you are dressed like a beauty as usual

I'd be grumpy too if I had to go back to work.. Right now I'm busy being a bum... (well, as much as being a mom, taxi, referee, banker, cook, maid, and therapist allows one to be ) .. so weird to not have to worry about school starting for myself

I posted about this in my journal today.. I have been forbidden to wear my v-neck tops because they have apparently grown too big.. luckily I was at home when this was realized that the "v" part was down to my belly button while I was sitting down Yes, the hubbs liked it but uh, not so great for being out in public.

Also, the bra thing too is becoming a slight issue like I posted before..
I did measurements yesterday morning and I about fell over.. my underwire area measures about 35.5.. ... I forget, but isn't it for bra measurements you add 5 to arrive at your band size If that's correct then I'm way off at a 44 in a few and a 46 in some

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Cindy I really need to take a page outta your book and get my butt out for a walk. You inspire me!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #42

Danielle, awesome and LOL when I read your comments about the V neck! What a problem to have, eh? So, does that mean you are finished with school, or you start later this month? One of my goals for 2013 is to further my education, so I may be lamenting to you soon! I have OCD at home re: dishes, being organized, etc. and freak out when the dishes start to pile up. I'm going to be full on nutty when I start classes, I can already tell.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Danielle, awesome and LOL when I read your comments about the V neck! What a problem to have, eh? So, does that mean you are finished with school, or you start later this month? One of my goals for 2013 is to further my education, so I may be lamenting to you soon! I have OCD at home re: dishes, being organized, etc. and freak out when the dishes start to pile up. I'm going to be full on nutty when I start classes, I can already tell.
Well technically I guess I'm a flunky I originally started school with the intention of a degree in business admin.. well, I started meandering into other ideas like criminal justice, nutrition, history...and soon I was just going to school to go to school because I was LOVING just learning everything. I had THE best time in school. I'm sitting at a 3.98 but not with any degree I got 1 B in one class the entire time I was in school..missed the A by .1 of a point and she refused to give me the A Anywho, I opted to just stop because I was getting burnt. I struggled this last semester for some reason...still got my 4.0 but it was a looonnnng semester..who'd a thought classes in history of rock & roll, asian history, weight management, and abnormal psych would be sooo stressful Lotsa projects!

I hear ya on the OCD thing! LOL I ran a pretty tight ship prior to going to school and *I* did everything (cause you know no one can do it better than I can, right? ) so when I started classes I had to relinquish some of those duties to the family..and don't get me wrong, my DH was an absolute dream about it all. Never complained just helped out..the man works 70+ hrs a week and still would come home in the evenings and offer to cook dinner because I was buried in 100 chapters of reading.. I think he'd be the first to admit tho that he's pretty jazzed at having me "back" tho Lament away girlfriend, I can certainly relate!! Good for you for going back to school. I salute anyone who can continue their education and maintain a full time job..that is totally amazeballs to me big time!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

The v-neck issue...while I am thrilled to be shrinking..not thrilled at the idea of losing my rack ... I keep telling myself that no, no, I must be losing in my shoulders, etc...but the bra thing is slowly becoming a problem
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I seem to be amusing quite alot of people with my woes lately The icky part about that all is I just bought new bras this summer I realized tho that it's not necessarily the cups that are big on my bras just the band. hoping anyways! I'll need to trek down and try on something smaller and see if I can feel a real difference.. bras are sooo spendy!

Don't even get me started on the scale thing!! I have had scale drama this week already. Got a new one on the 1st.. weighed me heavier than my old one I about fainted! It made me really super grumpy too. I've accepted that the old one was probably (definitely) not accurate seeing as it was older than the hills... Having to relose the 30's again is NOT what I had planned but whatever It is so hard trying to really decide on a scale because they all seem to work differently for everyone! I thought about the fitbit aria but decided I didn't need so many bells & whistles..all it would do is drive me nuts with more numbers to track
Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
Danielle, Oh no! I hate wasting money on bras! I always wait for a sale at Kohls and use a 30% off coupon that I usually have waiting for me... Hope something comes up for you.

I was going to say that you are my hero about school. It took me 6 years to graduate from college, but that was a long time ago...I graduated from college in 99. I can't imagine going back, but maybe when my little guy is a little older...they are supposed to open a vet school in Glendale, which is a hop skip and a jump up the freeway from me. I've got a pre-vet degree and thought that I wouldn't be able to get my masters in anything related to animals. Maybe it will be different in a couple years. And I sure the whole learning thing is different with online and all that jazz.

Well, I came back to tell everyone that I stepped out of my low carb comfort zone and tried those miracle noodles. I bought a pack that looked like ramen from Sprouts. My husband almost vomited when I opened them. But after I rinsed them and then added some soy sauce and the side of kung pao chicken from Panda it was very good. Not something for everyday but a good change. I was thinking I might get some and just have them on-hand for when the boys want spaghetti...? IDK.
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

I usually get mine from LB but they end up with some good sales so hopefully I'll find something I like.

Yeah I heard those miracle noodles are smelly before they're washed I haven't tried them at all but many swear by them. Glad the fam enjoyed and you found a new way to convert some meals

How exciting would that be to get that degree?! If anything, what I learned was that I am pretty dang smart I did not have the best experience in high school and only went to 1 year of college before going to work full time many moons ago.. so the experience was nothing but positive for me. I enjoyed learning so many different things after being a SAHM for so long.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Mitzi, what is your favorite Wii game?
I liked to play the Lego games (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.) with my son. We haven't gotten a new one recently though. I also like Wii Sports Resort and some of the Wii Fit Plus games. Lately I mostly watch DS (age 10) play his Zelda games...

Speaking of clothes, I wore my only pair of brown pants today with a sweater I just bought a couple of months ago. These pants are probably a size 32 (they are a wonky size - Catherine's Right Fit size 9 - bought a couple of years ago, they have since converted the Right Fit line to normal women's sizing). So the pants were very loose, as they are about 2 sizes too big. Luckily the sweater covered them up and I was sitting at a table most of the day. But I'm kind of lamenting that I probably/hopefully won't be able to wear these pants much longer. It's a mental thing, obviously, but I find it hard to "let go" of clothes (my closets prove that). How do I say goodbye to these pants which I really like, and not somehow inadvertantly sabotage myself into keeping them (by not continuing to lose weight)? Not sure if that makes any sense...
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday ... nothing went according to plan today and I am glad that it is just about over.

Susan ~ That is exciting about school. What are you thinking about taking?

Danielle ~ Have you ever checked the Thrift Store for bras? Ours gets some amazing bras. Considering I just bought 1, maybe 6 weeks ago and it is already too big - I can totally relate. I'm with Tami - you are also my hero about school

Thanks Tami ~ the holidays were great and I found myself avoiding the camera less than I normally do. Awesome that you tried and liked the noodles.

Mistizoom ~ Never heard of Catherine's Right Fit ?? I donate all of my "larger" clothes to a charity thrift store where the funds help people with disabilities and because there is such a shortage of larger clothes, it makes me feel really good about changing sizes, even of the things that I love.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #50

Happy weekend, friends!!

Danielle, it sounds like you had a rewarding and successful time in school! The list of courses you took sound very interesting and engaging. What a supportive and understanding DH you have!

Sya, our home scale is pretty accurate and I am pleased with it. Thanks for the warning about the noodle smell! And, regarding getting your future degree!

Mitzi, those games sound fun! And, how neat you play them with your son. What a nice way to spend some time with him. Congrats on the loose pants!!! My caboose was the first to start losing, and I have several pairs of pants in the giveaway pile. Yay us!!! I hear you about the difficulty of getting rid of them. What helps me is the fact I know they are going to a woman/women who will appreciate them. I recently discovered one of the churches here have several really organized, clean donation rooms in their basement. It makes me happy they respect clothing as much as I and I am looking forward to adding to their selections.

Cindym . Good for you on the bra being too big already! To answer your question: First I am going to take care of a few required continuing education courses for my license, then move on to career specific certifications. Next I'll move on to finally learning Spanish-more than just the few conversational sentences I know now! Eventually I'll focus on earning my Bachelor's, most likely in Business Administration. But, as I've aged, I've learned to expect changes. With me you just never know.

In the office today-online training for a specific company I just landed a contract with. Wearing jeans, a Harley long sleeve T, and winter boots. My hair is in a pony tail. IDK of 44 year old's are supposed to wear it like this, but oh well.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies, I think I'm really gonna miss going to school! I learned so many cool things and inspired to go on learning some more stuff on my own, especially in asian history.. kinda like an addiction

Susan, hadn't thought about thrift stores for bras.. Very interesting idea!

Today I am bloated like crazy..TOM is looming Little more scale drama...you can read about it in my journal if you're so inclined. I won't bore anyone with the ridiculousness that doesn't wanna read it Bottom line is I'm going back to my old scale after realizing that it's alot more accurate than the new one! All that work! OYE!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 224/186/???
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
I don't have a specific size goal for July - I stay on-program, but I don't know how fast that's going to work in the long run.

Still, since I wear a size 16 now (depending on the cut, of course!), surely that's long enough to go down at least one size? If not two?
biancasteeplechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
I'd like to join you ladies. I am currently a size 24, so I would like to be a size 20 by July 4th. I do a combo of Atkins and Intermittent fasting which is working out really welld for me so far. I will be upping my exercise these next 6 months as well. I only weigh once a month, so I prefer a size challenge!
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday .... Yesterday was a pj day except for putting on sweats to shovel. WOW .... that was lots of snow. The are calling for more snow this afternoon and tonight.

Miss you already Susan and I believe that ponytails are GREAT for any age and your school goals sound pretty organized, just like you

Danielle ~ Hope you are getting some relief from TOM bloating. Saw that DS is leaving for college soon and I'm sending some

biancasteeplechase & LadyN ~ Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

Jeans and a t-shirt today .... yes the t-shirt has sparkles
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, he left a couple hours ago. He's home safe & sound. I was glad that he had a friend hitch a ride with him back to campus so he wasn't alone. I miss him already, feels like he wasn't even here! Hoping he will be coming back in March for spring break at least..

Welcome to our new ladies! Look forward to getting to know you both!!

I wear 2 ponies when I'm home Now that my hair is longer I look like my 3yo niece
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #56

Gallery: Crazy Mimi
Stats: 280/274/130
WOE: Cindylou's LC
Start Date: 1/2012 - Restart 1/2013
WELL - To catch up, we had company over on the 30th, 31st was a weird day I was in bed and out by 9:30pm
Jan 1st - I was running a fever and could barely move.
Finally was feeling better on the 3rd, then around 1:30 i needed to get some sleep.
4th my throat was on FIRE!!! Dr said I had Strep Throat
5th throat still on fire, me feeling better
6th finally feel alive and throat feeling slowly better

On a positive note - my weight is at 275 right now. So I am thinking that it needs to STAY there or get lower. NO EXECEPTIONS.....

Hi everyone. I haven't had enough time to read and catch up
to all newbies.....
Crazy Mimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
I want to jump into this thread! So many of my peeps are here, so I feel like I belong!

Clothes **sigh**. All I can say is that its a good thing that I'm a clothes hoarder. I have everything in my closet from size 14 to size 24. Currently, I'm at the 16 range. If I continue to lose, I will finally have to go clothes shopping. It's been a LOOONGG time since I've had to do that!

July 3, marks my 20 anniversary. This has been my goal from day 1 of my diet. I want to go to a beach, and not be considered a mammal. size 12 would be peachy! And some suspenders to hold up all the saggy skin! lol

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I am in a size 18 right now and I weigh 250. I was wearing size 16 when I weighed 240 and I could squeeze into a 14 at 230. I'm wondering if the pants I wear run big. How can I lose a size with just a 10 lb loss? And when I was 170 I wore a 12. So I would have to lose 60 lbs to go from a 14 to a 12. It's all so confusing.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Invictus
Stats: 281/267/199 5'11"
Start Date: 12/28/2012
Jazlyn - I think it depends on the brand. I'm wearing a size 20 now but I have 18s and 22s that fit just the same. Same with jackets. In some brands I can squeeze in a large and some I need a 3x. Im not so worried about the size. If it fits and is a good price - I buy it ;-)

Cindym - as I'm reading everyone's responses I'm thinking - snow again?? Where do you live? Oh... it all makes sense now. No snow here in texas, just rain rain rain today...

I hope everyone is doing great!! On a side not I had $10 coupon from LB and it expired today. Todays mission: Go use it. Well I went to Macys and 50 other stores and returned home with a bunch of bags... the I was thinking... hm I forgot something... what was it??? Ugh - oh well ;-)
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #60

Gallery: Crazy Mimi
Stats: 280/274/130
WOE: Cindylou's LC
Start Date: 1/2012 - Restart 1/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
Jazlyn - I think it depends on the brand. I'm wearing a size 20 now but I have 18s and 22s that fit just the same. Same with jackets. In some brands I can squeeze in a large and some I need a 3x. Im not so worried about the size. If it fits and is a good price - I buy it ;-)

Cindym - as I'm reading everyone's responses I'm thinking - snow again?? Where do you live? Oh... it all makes sense now. No snow here in texas, just rain rain rain today...

I hope everyone is doing great!! On a side not I had $10 coupon from LB and it expired today. Todays mission: Go use it. Well I went to Macys and 50 other stores and returned home with a bunch of bags... the I was thinking... hm I forgot something... what was it??? Ugh - oh well ;-)
agreed about sizes. Depending I can wear a 22 or a 26... Depends on brand and store...
LOL about the shopping. Sounds like something I would do

I am Texas also, but it rained in the morning and then zilch nada none....
Crazy Mimi is offline   Reply With Quote