LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bighurt
Stats: 390/376.6/220ish
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2002.....2011
Whats new !!!!

I am a lowcarber from way back (0ver 10 years ago ) lost 70lbs in 6 months hit a stall got depressed, tried other plans gained it all back and being a guy I just new I could do it better but BAM here I am crawling back again. I know the plan as it was well but was wondering if any thing has changed.

I'm pretty sure that induction is still a must and the 20 gram goals is still the norm but has much been added such as fruit, BREAD lol, etc. I know how it works and why and I have had success in the past and have been through the good and the bad of the plan as many of you have.

I know that this works if you stick to it and I have got to the point that I really don't have a choice. My knees need to be replaced and the magic number for that to happen seems to be around 250lbs and I have alot of work to get there.

My goal weight has always been the same ( around 220lbs) and I feel that this is the way to go. Looking forward to meeting the people on here and I hope that I can help and let you all help me.

Thanks,
Bighurt
bighurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Welcome back. I am a "retread" from a while back too. Make sure you have plenty of good low carb foods on hand and jump back in, don't wait! Join a thread that appeals to you so that you can meet a smaller group of people whom you can interact with every day for support, info and motivation. Good luck, you CAN do it.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: papajack
Stats: 416/205/?
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighurt View Post
I am a lowcarber from way back (0ver 10 years ago ) lost 70lbs in 6 months hit a stall got depressed, tried other plans gained it all back and being a guy I just new I could do it better but BAM here I am crawling back again. I know the plan as it was well but was wondering if any thing has changed.

I'm pretty sure that induction is still a must and the 20 gram goals is still the norm but has much been added such as fruit, BREAD lol, etc. I know how it works and why and I have had success in the past and have been through the good and the bad of the plan as many of you have.

I know that this works if you stick to it and I have got to the point that I really don't have a choice. My knees need to be replaced and the magic number for that to happen seems to be around 250lbs and I have alot of work to get there.

My goal weight has always been the same ( around 220lbs) and I feel that this is the way to go. Looking forward to meeting the people on here and I hope that I can help and let you all help me.

Thanks,
Bighurt
Amen Brother............................me, too!!!

I went on Atkins about 8 years ago, lost about 150 lbs. doing it "my way," and put the damned weight right back on!

The second time around, I stopped pretending I was a weight loss expert, and actually STUDIED what the Plan (the real expert!) said I should do, how to do it, how to move from phase to phase, and how to do maintenance.

It's amazing what can happen when we accept our limitations and stop trying to change what has worked so well for so many people.
papajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bighurt
Stats: 390/376.6/220ish
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2002.....2011
Thanks for the Welcome Back !!!! I am going to try and do this a sensible way this time by being patent and just let the program do what it is suppose to do. I will definitely use the resources here and the support even though I will probably lurk mostly. Thanks again.

Bighurt
bighurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
bighurt
I am from 2001 and did Atkins for 2 years, lost 100 lbs, but needed more structure. I found a couple face book pages that are a support tool. Went to a 12 step group and it helped me to find some boundaries in my life. I asked myself what were my "No matter whats" in my life. If I am going to make my future years better, I had to make some drastic changes. I knew low carb worked. Now I am about 10 lbs over my goal and have worked through the rungs of the carb ladder yet there are some foods I don't eat, no matter what, because they make me sick. A year could go by off a food, inevitably if I try it again, I get sick. So I have a list on my frig of the foods to avoid, just for me. Your list might be different.

I read ingredients and stay away from prepared foods where sugar is in the top four ingredients. I have a whole list of the various names for sugar. The ones I have today are stevia, liquid & packets, occasionally splenda. I don't eat flour and grains except wheat germ. I eat seeds like flax or sesame ( tahini). I stay away from dairy except Greek yogurt. Cheese and milk products give me stomach pains. I used to chew sugar free gum but had to give that up because I couldn't stop and it gave me severe flatulence.

But you get the idea. This helped. Today I stick to 3 meals a day because I don't have any health issues to warrant snacking. But if you do, plan 1-2 snacks. I actually log my food into a thread here on LCF. It took me a long time to do any real exercising. So don't dwell on it unless you have too. Focus on getting a rhythm with your eating, the rhythm builds habits. When you choose to stay the course because the quality of your life is at stake, it builds self- esteem because you are taking care of yourself.

For me, it was change or die young. Today i don't recognize pictures of myself when I was heavy. My self-image has changed. It can happen for you too. Focus on today, just today, just the next meal. When I get hungry, I tell myself that there is another meal coming in a couple hours and I can wait. I love what I eat today. I have a fruit every morning with my breakfast protein, protein at lunch and dinner along with a cooked veg and salad with dressing. Because I do eat a big salad, it takes at least 20 min to eat a meal. There is no quick way to eat raw veggies. You have to chew and that gives your stomach time to register that you have eaten. I can have a richer day with food by having richer proteins. Fish is light and bacon is rich, but I can choose either one for a protein.

I wish you the best and welcome back!

Last edited by MaryMary; 12-15-2012 at 02:16 PM..
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote