Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i haven't even posted a water call in a long time

LOL soo while we are a t it

WATER CALL!
We should starting Monday....start with so many minutes of exercise and work our way up...and water too...well for those of us who drink it!! LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #2942
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Elizakins.. what really bothers me about ME, is that I can't lose weight for ME...I wanted to get diet pills and blah blah... but I thought NO this has to be done already.. sometimes I think I do more to me than anyone else...

I think we should have some kind of challenge.. like maybe starting Monday, a certain amount of exercise minutes or something.. man I got up to an hour and now from being sick and then lazy.. I don't think I can do 10 minutes anymore...
I agree with you Melinda - We have to do it for ourselves - no one else.

I am going to start writing down everything - everything that I put in my mouth. I thought I did better when I could SEE what I ate - rather than what I forgot that I had eaten. Make myself more accountable.

I've done pretty well cutting carbs, only having a piece of fruit, not cutting them out altogether, just really watching. My problem is making this a must do kind of thing - always being conscious of what I'm eating. And - it has to be for the rest of my life - think that's the worst part for me - it has to be a forever way of eating, no if, ands or buts about it. It's the only way. How do I get that in my brain?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #2943
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Linda... I created this spread sheet, you know.. and I would write points allowed for the day....this is my WW which I really like.. then I would write every bit of morsel I had...even if it is a sniff of a cracker...I always made my coffee 5 points.. because of the HWC I use...then went from there.. when I was successful on Low Carb before it had stopped working, I wrote everything down too.. I think for me I realize that its going to take me doing some work..rather than just sliding by...

I wished Linda, I could live by that 80/20... if your 80 percent than your successful with your diet...I too am going to have to do this rest of my life...
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #2944

Anyway....Those sweat pants look horrendous on me.. it binds at my legs....and if I need to keep my legs warm.. I am gonna have to lose the weight....LOL.. for me nothing makes me feel how fat I am then when I am in pants..
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #2945

Ok off to the kitchen....wish me luck!! LOL~~
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #2946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, did you see the twinkle lights at Riverwalk?

Great goals! Very reasonable and measurable.

I like how you lose weight but it always finds you Same with me.
Eliza, we didn't make into San Antonio. We drove to just a bit past El Campo on hwy 59 S and met up with my son's friend. The ranch is a bit passed Beeville. My dh and BIL and dad went to get him today. They were meeting at the same Prasek Hillje Smokehouse place. They are not back yet. We shall have to try for San Antonio another time. I would have liked to have seen all the Christmas lights there. The Riverwalk is pretty at night all lit up during normal times can't imagine at holiday time!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #2947
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok off to the kitchen....wish me luck!! LOL~~
Good luck!!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #2948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Melinda.....come cook for me also please. Your menu sounds yummy.
Linda.....hubs is having the same surgery in a few weeks. It's his second. You will be so pleased to see clearly again. Night driving is really bothering him.
Lony....your stew sounds so yummy on a cold day like this!! Homemade bread???? R U kidding me??!!! Just pass a stick of butter and the bread please.
kcmama....have a safe trip. They are calling for rain here tomorrow with a little snow mixed in maybe.
Since hubs and I ate black eyed peas on New Year's last year and this past year had not been the best in many ways we figure we will just go with white or brown beans maybe! I have some of both in the freezer I think.
Deb....I love all your pictures. LOVE that little kitty in the Xmas cap!
Sweet dreams Mona!
Eliza.....I wonder why it is we can lose weight but most....not all but most will put it right back on. Some seems to be able to take the weight off and keep it off or at least keep a lot of it off. Then their are those like me. The ones who Yo Yo's. I just don't get it. I don't know if it is a mental or a physical thing that keeps a lot of us doing it. Maybe a combo of both.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #2949
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
KC - safe travels.

I do like your way better than resolutions - goals..........now you've got me thinking more in terms other than "LOSE WEIGHT". Life is more than losing this weight. As everyone says - it always seems to find it's way back home. Like we are living magnets when it comes to food/calories.

In my case - it's not move the oldest out of the house.....been there - done that - it's so nice too when they spread their wings and go. For mine - it will be 'get moved into a house that's mine'.............right now we live in ds's house.............he lives in the north wing - and we live in the south...........thank goodness for the split bedroom design. But we need to have separate levels, even though it's been ok, I'm so anxious to have all of my own things around me again.
Yes, I found this year worked better doing goals. For one thing it is easier to break them down into steps you need to get there, you can cross things you have accomplished off, and then I found that I wasn't really beating myself up for not sticking to a Resolution. I don't know why for some reason, mentally, it was a more positive thing for me doing it that way.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #2950
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Anyway....Those sweat pants look horrendous on me.. it binds at my legs....and if I need to keep my legs warm.. I am gonna have to lose the weight....LOL.. for me nothing makes me feel how fat I am then when I am in pants..
I feel so uncomfortable in a dress or skirt anymore. Maybe I feel like I'm hiding my body - I don't know - just know that for me pants are my uniform of choice. I never wear really snug shirts though - I'll wear a tank top - with an overblouse. Hate to see my belly gut hanging out there by itself - so I hide it - or disguise it. My legs are so heavy too - that could be another reason I'm a pants gal. I have a couple friends that are really heavy - but they have great legs - ummm - not me - I have thunder thighs or tree trunk legs - whichever applies.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #2951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I am totally up for a challenge for the new year! I need a little more discipline and routines and planning and stuff like that in my life. Ya know? I just fly by the seat of my pants too much.
Yes, I am glad that it is the New Year again as it is easier to watch what you are eating because most everyone is on a diet again. At least for a little while. I am glad that I lost 6 lbs before I came on this little visit as I think I have gained part of them back. But on the plus side, I don't have those 6 extra lbs plus whatever I have put on here to take off. So, yay, for all of us going back to working on losing weight/getting healthier.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #2952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I feel so uncomfortable in a dress or skirt anymore. Maybe I feel like I'm hiding my body - I don't know - just know that for me pants are my uniform of choice. I never wear really snug shirts though - I'll wear a tank top - with an overblouse. Hate to see my belly gut hanging out there by itself - so I hide it - or disguise it. My legs are so heavy too - that could be another reason I'm a pants gal. I have a couple friends that are really heavy - but they have great legs - ummm - not me - I have thunder thighs or tree trunk legs - whichever applies.
Wow, not to say you are as old as my mother mind you, but that is how she always described her legs!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #2953

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Eliza.....I wonder why it is we can lose weight but most....not all but most will put it right back on. Some seems to be able to take the weight off and keep it off or at least keep a lot of it off. Then their are those like me. The ones who Yo Yo's. I just don't get it. I don't know if it is a mental or a physical thing that keeps a lot of us doing it. Maybe a combo of both.
i know EXACTLY why i put mine back on! since Ken's accident i have ate nothing but JUM+NK and a lot of it! and no walking whatso ever just got harder and harder doing it alone

i have enough stuff to do another round of HCG and boy i was able to keep it off clean eating when a round was over i just can't get my nerve up to DO it KWIM
Old 12-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #2954

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
How cool is that! No hunger! And I bet it's much easier to move around and do the day to day stuff at 32 lbs. less. Dancing the night away in that slinky dress is getting closer and closer!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #2955

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
My dear husband purchased for me Dragon dictation software as a Christmas gift. I am trying it out right now by typing here. It seems to be pretty accurate. It is actually pretty cool, because I am sometimes too lazy to type. Now I will have more opportunity to prattle on and on about nonsensical things And it took me only seconds to say this instead of typing it.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #2956

Quote:
My dear husband purchased for me Dragon dictation software as a Christmas gift. I am trying it out right now by typing here. It seems to be pretty accurate. It is actually pretty cool, because I am sometimes too lazy to type. Now I will have more opportunity to prattle on and on about nonsensical things And it took me only seconds to say this instead of typing it.
oh Dragon helped kenny soo much i could only afford a bare bones one when he was in high school but he has a form of hearing dyslexia and things don't translate from his head to his hand boy did his grades get a boost when he could dictate most of his papers

in high school too he had the option of oral exams and also that is one dang blasted thing i hate about university of the cumberlands ugh they did not work in the parameters of his IEP at all! he showed them though he still got his degree
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #2957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Sue, you know I'm the kind of person who wants to dig around and read stuff about all kinds of stuff. The thing is, the more I read, the more it comes to light that there is no single cause for obesity and everybody is a little different. I think you're 100% correct that certain things work for certain people and they absolutely don't work for others. Some people can lose it easily and keep it out in others struggle time after time after time. And, I'm becoming more and more convinced, that it is not because of lack of willpower.

Thing is, even Gary Taubes said that it is not about gluttony and sloth. I think sometimes we put too much on ourselves as to how much we can control our obesity, because as we have seen, we are people with a great degree of willpower in other areas of our lives, but we can seem to will ourselves into getting skinnier.

Our bodies are extremely complicated machines with trillions of chemical processes going on all at the same time, and sometimes things do not work out for some of us. This is very sad to say. However, it does not indicate a flaw of character. No matter what society thinks about those of us who are obese.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #2958

Quote:
oh Dragon helped kenny soo much i could only afford a bare bones one when he was in high school but he has a form of hearing dyslexia and things don't translate from his head to his hand boy did his grades get a boost when he could dictate most of his papers

in high school too he had the option of oral exams and also that is one dang blasted thing i hate about university of the cumberlands ugh they did not work in the parameters of his IEP at all! he showed them though he still got his degree
Deb, I am so very happy that Kenny was able to utilize Dragon software. The high school should've really stuck to his IEP. This is a federal mandate and it needs to be taken very seriously. Obviously he is a very smart guy and got his college degree!

When John was asking me what I would possibly want for Christmas, Dragon software was the at the top of my list and I'm very happy I got it. I have really been spoiled by my wonderful speech to text feature on my cell phone for texting and I couldn't do without it. Dragon is pretty accurate considering that English is my second language.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #2959

the HIGH SCHOOL did the danged college he decided to go to did not
but man oh man was it a danged fight to get it for him in elementary school they just kept saying oh he is lazy! well i knew my kid was lazy but i could also tell something was WRONG his comprehension was soo high above his output oh that was a bad fight i took it all the way to the superintendant of our schools here but after i got the IEP the school system here did fine but kenny did not let me know about the college until it was really toolate(i had told him and told him NOT to go there) and he was married by that time ETC but i thought even private religious colleges had to go by them
Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #2960

i didn't know English was your second language! that is cool! what is your first?/ and Dragon has come soo far! i bet it is really easy to use now!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #2961

Quote:
i know EXACTLY why i put mine back on! since Ken's accident i have ate nothing but JUM+NK and a lot of it! and no walking whatso ever just got harder and harder doing it alone

i have enough stuff to do another round of HCG and boy i was able to keep it off clean eating when a round was over i just can't get my nerve up to DO it KWIM
Deb, it is not entirely your fault. I know we're somewhat to blame for maybe not always eating correctly, but we cannot always control our body chemistry. There is something in us that is driving us to eat. We are in control of our body, but not always.

According to many studies toxins such as fructose and Omega six fats readily induce obesity in lab animals by poisoning the liver. Wheat toxins also promote obesity as well as many toxins in the industrial processing of foods.

Quote:
The obese are generally malnourished in a wide range of micronutrients. This malnourishment generates hunger and increases food consumption creating an excess of energy that the obese can not dispose of.
The strangest thing I have ever encountered in reading about obesity was the role of infections in obesity. The level of bacterial endotoxins in the liver predicts metabolic syndrome and obesity and they think that any number of infections can cause generalized inflammation inflammation that promotes obesity.

It sometimes blows my mind that we're facing such a complicated and formidable adversary. No wonder some of us have failed multiple times, unfortunately.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #2962

Quote:
Sue, you know I'm the kind of person who wants to dig around and read stuff about all kinds of stuff. The thing is, the more I read, the more it comes to light that there is no single cause for obesity and everybody is a little different. I think you're 100% correct that certain things work for certain people and they absolutely don't work for others. Some people can lose it easily and keep it out in others struggle time after time after time. And, I'm becoming more and more convinced, that it is not because of lack of willpower.

Thing is, even Gary Taubes said that it is not about gluttony and sloth. I think sometimes we put too much on ourselves as to how much we can control our obesity, because as we have seen, we are people with a great degree of willpower in other areas of our lives, but we can seem to will ourselves into getting skinnier.

Our bodies are extremely complicated machines with trillions of chemical processes going on all at the same time, and sometimes things do not work out for some of us. This is very sad to say. However, it does not indicate a flaw of character. No matter what society thinks about those of us who are obese.
What a great post.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #2963

Quote:
the HIGH SCHOOL did the danged college he decided to go to did not
but man oh man was it a danged fight to get it for him in elementary school they just kept saying oh he is lazy! well i knew my kid was lazy but i could also tell something was WRONG his comprehension was soo high above his output oh that was a bad fight i took it all the way to the superintendant of our schools here but after i got the IEP the school system here did fine but kenny did not let me know about the college until it was really toolate(i had told him and told him NOT to go there) and he was married by that time ETC but i thought even private religious colleges had to go by them
Boy doesn't that story sound familiar to me! We had similar issues with ADD. All I could hear is let's put him on medication( to which we said absolutely not), or he will not be able to learn, which he proved them 100% wrong. My boy scored in the 96th percentile in critical reading on the SAT, so he must've learned something!

Any public or private educational institution should abide by IEPs, I think they rely on the parents not to know, because that creates extra work for them.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #2964

Quote:
What a great post.
Thank you, beautiful lady from California! We gals know each other very well here and have known each other for years now. I can safely say that we have worked very hard on this, much harder than many other people have worked on other issues. And the fact that we're still obese is not entirely due to lack of dedication or commitment.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #2965

Quote:
Thank you, beautiful lady from California! We gals know each other very well here and have known each other for years now. I can safely say that we have worked very hard on this, much harder than many other people have worked on other issues. And the fact that we're still obese is not entirely due to lack of dedication or commitment.
I agree with that...it would be easy in my case to blame environment etc...but the bottom line, is I binge eat, in times of stress and happiness....and then starve myself.. then get angry with myself.. so I get on plan for a nice period of time and then the binge/cycle starts again...I really hope to break that circle big time..and no matter what plan I chose to be on, until I break that cycle I will never ever be successful.. and that is the truth...
Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #2966

So let me tell you something very important...so for 26 years of being with hubs..everytime I cook rice, it comes out thick and starchy.. whether it be rice a roni to success boil in the bag rice..so yesterday when I decided to try this bacon and egg stir fried rice.. I thought to myself.. you know my mother was not a great cook, but she was a rice lover and ate it tons.. and her rice always came out fluffy and nice.. what did she do..and then it dawned on me...my mother used to boil water, throw in the rice... let it cook and when the rice was done she would throw it in a colander and then run cold water on it..well I decided to try it and for the first time ever, I got me some FoodNetwork worthy rice!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #2967

Well onto my cabbage, I am going to make that for me.. they won't eat it...but I still count and that is my next dish!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #2968

Quote:
I agree with that...it would be easy in my case to blame environment etc...but the bottom line, is I binge eat, in times of stress and happiness....and then starve myself.. then get angry with myself.. so I get on plan for a nice period of time and then the binge/cycle starts again...I really hope to break that circle big time..and no matter what plan I chose to be on, until I break that cycle I will never ever be successful.. and that is the truth...
I understand what you're saying. And the stress eating is the worst! Some of it is physiological, and some of it is psychological for sure. I always observe myself relentlessly to see what makes me tick when it comes to food.I have been through these ups and downs myself.

I think what scientists are trying to say is that we binge eat because we lack certain nutrients so our body is trying to get them from any kind of food. So perhaps for us to be successful, we need to add to our diet what we're lacking, as opposed to always trying to take away stuff.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #2969

Quote:
So let me tell you something very important...so for 26 years of being with hubs..everytime I cook rice, it comes out thick and starchy.. whether it be rice a roni to success boil in the bag rice..so yesterday when I decided to try this bacon and egg stir fried rice.. I thought to myself.. you know my mother was not a great cook, but she was a rice lover and ate it tons.. and her rice always came out fluffy and nice.. what did she do..and then it dawned on me...my mother used to boil water, throw in the rice... let it cook and when the rice was done she would throw it in a colander and then run cold water on it..well I decided to try it and for the first time ever, I got me some FoodNetwork worthy rice!!!!!!!!
Woooohoooo! I think I will try that myself! Thanks for letting me know! Happy cooking, Melindochka!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #2970

Quote:
Closed Thread