Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #2911
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
netflix took ALL the workout vids off instant now why would they do that with the new year just days away?
Really? Well that sucks! They are up to something. I just discovered today hat Roku has a whole free yoga channel with hundreds of yoga videos. And I can definitely use the stretching.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #2912
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Back from Walfarts and other shopping.

My New Year's resolution is, not surprisingly, related to eating. It is to be completely rid of food toxins that bring my health down....namely, wheat and grain products, high fructose corn syrup, sugars, legumes, and vegetable oils. All proven to have a disastrous effect on people's health. Let's see how that works out.

I was just reading yesterday something based on a number of studies.....if a person is malnourished as in lacking nutrients (an obese person like me can be malnourished), their body will drive them to eat tons more to acquire these nutrients, which results in eating a lot more calories. So I guess I should make a second resolution - to eat more nourishing foods and give my body what it needs so it doesn't have to continuously strive to ingest more and more food and binge.

Sounds very good Eliza. Have you read about the Wheat Belly diet? I have tried cutting wheat, but I sure do miss bread. I had cut myself down to just eating the ww thin sandwich bread.............have cut them out too. I gave up white bread a long time ago. This past week, I've tried making the almond flour/coconut flour biscuits, but they are loaded with butter and cheese, so it's not a good substitute for me. Bottom line - I do believe calories in/calories out too. Seems like everything I try - I can do it for just so long - then I lose focus or heart - and give up.

I do believe what you mentioned about your body needing basic nutrients and sometimes not getting what it needs leads us to eating more than we need/want. Sure wish I could find the answer - just know it's an ongoing struggle.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #2913

Boy, I'm talking to myself.....lol
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #2914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Hello All!!

Hoping you all are on the mend. Saw where someone mentioned New Year's Resolutions. I am not making New Year's Resolutions per se. I am making goals instead. DH and I did that last year and it really worked. Am hoping things go well enough with his job that we can meet our goals since most of mine involve money.

Increase savings
Continue current level of charitable giving
Read through the Bible in a Year
Clean out Basement and Garage
Replace carpets/floors downstairs
Remodel upstairs bathroom (? might take two years to save for this)
Move oldest out of the house
Lose Weight I do but it always seems to find me again
Travel to Mt. Rushmore

Will sit down when we get home to see how my list compares to dh's and make whatever changes are necessary to accomodate both of us.

We are heading homeward tomorrow. Will be stopping somewhere along I-45 near Dallas/Ft Worth to meet my Uncle and Aunt for lunch. This is my mother's brother and SIL. My parents are also leaving tomorrow and heading that way with us. My sister and family are scheduled to go but my sister seems to have come down with this nasty cough stuff some of you have. Then we leave Dallas area to head to Checotah to spend the night with another Aunt and Uncle on my dad's side. Hoping the weather and roads are clear the next couple of days!

I need to start gathering up all of our stuff to pack the car......always a fun job.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #2915

Linda It's a struggle at every turn.

The funniest and most frustrating study I read is that there is "skinny person gut flora" vs. "fat person gut flora" and our digestive system may be determining who is naturally slim or fat. Grrrrrrrrrr
Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #2916
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda, everything will be OK And just think of the end result from your cataract surgery - you will be able to see crystal clear! How cool is that!
Thanks Eliza. Maybe it would be easier if I was having lots of problems with vision, but I'm not. Interesting though - my eye doc in Ohio told me last year that my vision was better than he thought it should be with the cataracts. Said I was seeing through them - didn't have an answer as to how that could be, nor could he explain it. That's pretty much what this doc said too, but that since I am the principal driver, it was best to get them done now.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #2917

KC, did you see the twinkle lights at Riverwalk?

Great goals! Very reasonable and measurable.

I like how you lose weight but it always finds you Same with me.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-30-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #2918

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Really? Well that sucks! They are up to something. I just discovered today hat Roku has a whole free yoga channel with hundreds of yoga videos. And I can definitely use the stretching.
there were some really easy yoga ones on instant! did some searching and apparently they have been gone since Sept! and one lady after calling and asking about it netflix mysteriously suspended her service like 4 times??? "oh just a simple mistake " HUMPH!
Eliza do the vids with amazon prime have any workouts on it?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #2919

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Praying for your sonny boy to get better soon. Just keep up with the prunes/magnesium/stool softener and it will happen. Didn't the doctor say it may take a week or so for things to regulate.

It sucks that your hubs has to do 3 night shifts. And working 24 hrs. straight?!?! Who can do that, she should know better.
Thank you Elizakins!!! She sure did...I told him, good thing your off this week.....She is a beyotch this new boss of my hubs and she is forking over so many people....I am really concerned.. I am praying he has Thurs off.....so he can sleep all day...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #2920

KC safe travels
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #2921

Deb... that is my one dream, to do yoga...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #2922

Kcmama... safe driving.. and I really had to laugh about moving your oldest out of the house.. OMG I laughed so hard..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #2923
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda It's a struggle at every turn.

The funniest and most frustrating study I read is that there is "skinny person gut flora" vs. "fat person gut flora" and our digestive system may be determining who is naturally slim or fat. Grrrrrrrrrr
Hmmm - no wonder my body can't make up it's mind - to lose - not to lose, it can't decide which gut flora is in play at any given time.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #2924

Linda.. my hubs had his first cataract surgery at 49....what stunk was for a few thousand dollars more, they would replace it with a lens, that you could see 20 20. I told hubs go ahead and charge it..but he said it was ok...he would use his glasses.. and now the other eye is showing where he is going to need it soon...Anyway I wish you well.. hope all is ok...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #2925

Elizakins.. what really bothers me about ME, is that I can't lose weight for ME...I wanted to get diet pills and blah blah... but I thought NO this has to be done already.. sometimes I think I do more to me than anyone else...

I think we should have some kind of challenge.. like maybe starting Monday, a certain amount of exercise minutes or something.. man I got up to an hour and now from being sick and then lazy.. I don't think I can do 10 minutes anymore...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #2926

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Deb... that is my one dream, to do yoga...
oh girl you could do yoga! there are some specifically for chubbier people

i have just my size yoga just am too lazy to do it

oh hey youtube has it! here is the first part and they other two are on youtube
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #2927

Quote:
Elizakins.. what really bothers me about ME, is that I can't lose weight for ME...I wanted to get diet pills and blah blah... but I thought NO this has to be done already.. sometimes I think I do more to me than anyone else...

I think we should have some kind of challenge.. like maybe starting Monday, a certain amount of exercise minutes or something.. man I got up to an hour and now from being sick and then lazy.. I don't think I can do 10 minutes anymore...
i was supposed to be doing the water calls and the walking or biking calls and i ain't even been doing that sorry
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #2928

ok the comments said mute the sound on that first part of the yoga and just follow her movements said the sound was garbled on it Sorry again
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #2929
Major LCF Poster!

KC - safe travels.

I do like your way better than resolutions - goals..........now you've got me thinking more in terms other than "LOSE WEIGHT". Life is more than losing this weight. As everyone says - it always seems to find it's way back home. Like we are living magnets when it comes to food/calories.

In my case - it's not move the oldest out of the house.....been there - done that - it's so nice too when they spread their wings and go. For mine - it will be 'get moved into a house that's mine'.............right now we live in ds's house.............he lives in the north wing - and we live in the south...........thank goodness for the split bedroom design. But we need to have separate levels, even though it's been ok, I'm so anxious to have all of my own things around me again.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #2930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:

I am totally up for a challenge for the new year! I need a little more discipline and routines and planning and stuff like that in my life. Ya know? I just fly by the seat of my pants too much.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #2931

i have never watched TBL UK has anyone here??
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #2932

Linda....My husband isn't going to eat a cup of this and a cup of that.. my husband is a huge ginormus eater.. maybe it's all the hours he works. don't know.. so what sounds like a ton of food, it really isn't......on Sunday it sure looks like it.. I rarely throw away anything.. unless it's just so so and not very good...

I have those Glad Containers, I bought at Walfarts, each container holds 8 cups.. I used to be so bad, I used to think I had to fill each container up to the brim.. until one day I was making something and I had to stir it..so I brought a huge mixing bowl and the amount I had in that container, filled my huge mixing bowl to the top.. so I stopped filling it like that.. anyway I line them up on my counter and then say if 2 of my salads, contain tomatoes I chop it once and split into the two containers...For my new red potato salad, I used 4 medium sized red potatoes.. and green onion and mayo, seasoning salt.. simple...my avocado chicken salad, is 2 bone in chicken breasts I cooked and then shredded.. I mushed up 2 small avocados with mayo, lemon juice, cilantro and green onion.. and mixed the chicken in it...and the California mushrooms.. wow I got a deal.. it was 99 cents for a pound of mushrooms.. so I splurged and bought 2 baskets...and then the anti pasto salad is the only that is huge.. but it is filled with tons of protein and olives and some cauliflower.. red wine vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, I think lemon juice again, salt and pepper..

I may not make the Brussels sprouts and the tri tip and save that for later in the week...

It takes me cooking until we sit down to eat...I am so serious and everything hurts like heck, but the reward is not cooking for 2 days...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #2933

Quote:
oh girl you could do yoga! there are some specifically for chubbier people

i have just my size yoga just am too lazy to do it

oh hey youtube has it! here is the first part and they other two are on youtube
Just My Size Yoga - Part 1 - YouTube
I am so afraid of not being able to get back up.. that's why I need to lose a huge chunk of weight.. when I am really stressed I do some chair yoga stretches...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #2934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I am totally up for a challenge for the new year! I need a little more discipline and routines and planning and stuff like that in my life. Ya know? I just fly by the seat of my pants too much.
Me too Mona!!! We all do such different exercises that we should figure out a minimum time or something..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #2935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Heading to bed. G'nite!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #2936

Quote:
i was supposed to be doing the water calls and the walking or biking calls and i ain't even been doing that sorry
Sorry for what??????

I haven't exercised in over a week and almost a half.. that is my fault not yours..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #2937

Quote:
Heading to bed. G'nite!
Good night Mona!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #2938

Quote:
Heading to bed. G'nite!
Gnite Mona... dream of me!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #2939

Quote:
Sorry for what??????

I haven't exercised in over a week and almost a half.. that is my fault not yours..
i haven't even posted a water call in a long time

LOL soo while we are a t it

WATER CALL!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #2940

Well I think I am going to prepare Lony's chili...(craving this).. and put together my Raviolis.. now..
Closed Thread