Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #2491
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Wait, what? Since when is prune juice tasty. Try a brown cow....Prune juice with milk of magnesia. My mom swears by it. Oh and it has to be hot!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #2492

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
ok off to do something warm.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #2493

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Ooooooh, white and dark chocolate peppermint bark... Who can resist?!! Glad you're still alive after eating that almond butter. OMG! The adventures with Harry and David!
We just got a phone call yesterday from Sam's about a recall on the smoked salmon that dh bought. He's taking it back today. There are just too many of these recalls--they are scary.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #2494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Eliza......that would be my oldest daughter with the long dark hair.

This is a trying morning. First hubs went downstairs and we have water coming up from the main drain which tells me it is clogged from tree roots. We have to have this done every 2-3 yrs. The sad part is we just had them out here a few days ago. They snaked the line from the washing machine to the main line but hubs thinking he was going to save a dime didn't think it was necessary to have them go ahead and clean the main drain. Well......I guess he will be spending that extra dime now! Second....DD just came in and said the hot water handle to the tub wouldn't work. I got it to working for the moment.

I do have to say that 3 adults in the same house for more than 3 days should not be allowed. My moto has always been: Company after 3 days starts to smell like rotten fish.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #2495

Quote:
We got DS's ACT report today and he got a 28, just like the other boys here In the beginning I was kind of ....well....but then upon closer observation of the report, it said he did better than 91% of all ACT test takers, so that makes me feel better. Being in the 91st percentile overall and 94th percentile in Science is not too shabby.

He is still going to retake the SAT to see if he can get higher than the 1800s he got last time.
Great job.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #2496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Wait, what? Since when is prune juice tasty. Try a brown cow....Prune juice with milk of magnesia. My mom swears by it. Oh and it has to be hot!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #2497

Eliza--you were going to give us an update on your SIL and stuff from your holiday dinner. Waiting. . . .
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #2498

Dh is supposed to be at Sam's. He asked what I wanted for dinner tonight as he's off. I asked for wings. I don't know how much I'll be able to eat (1 whole wing??) but I know I'll enjoy it. I had 2 scallops last night and it was too much. They are super large scallops though and I thought since that was all I had it's be ok. Not. No fun---you get this pain in your chest and then burp, burp, burp for a few hours. I will err on the low side from now on.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #2499

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Well that doesn't sound like fun Chewie.. but I guess on the other hand, when you eat like a pig and the wrong foods and greasy, you do the same thing...know what I mean???

I finally just went to Walgreens and bought him some Philips stuff...I am not one to take medications and stuff like that.. I hate it.. I hate taking stuff...but we got into it this morning because he was telling me that Non Dairy creamer was full of dairy...OMG I got angry and tossed his coffee and said F IT I will go to Walgreens then.. so I bought him crap from a box, so hopefully he goes and feels better.. but he pissed me off today..

However while I was there, their Christmas stuff was next to nothing.. and I believe Deb.. told me that...but I bought him a package of boxes he needs for a gift he is still giving and a package of butterfingers candy...cause I am a horrific mom.. and I bought myself a strand of pink lights a strand of red and white lights and a strand of stars.. I don't think they are the LCD or the LED or whatever it's called... cause there was hardly anything.. so I draped it around the table my TV sits on...nice and pink and pretty.. the dogs had to go to them and sniff them.. and then I turned them off and will wait for the night time..if the 3 boxes last me thru January I will get enjoyment out of them.. it was reduced to 2 bucks each.. so I am not expecting them to last forever...

I just had some coffee and I may make some hot chocolate with the unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener and a touch of cream...
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Lony quick question. How long do you crock pot your ham? And on high or low? I have been napping on and off and finally getting around to cooking the ham. And also we had chili when we first woke up. It was really good for just something I threw together!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #2501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. It's Thursday. Weigh in day. First time since Nov 29 on my home scale. Hard for me to believe and wrap my head around this but--------drum roll please. I have lost 32 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chewie that is so awesome!!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #2502

Pass me some chili Mona! I have such a taste for Chili since Sue mentioned it...
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #2503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Lony I forgot to congratulate you for fitting into the smaller size tops!

Melinda I made the chili in the crock pot so I could leave it cook on low all day while I slept. I browned up some gr. beef and added 2 cans pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can of Rotel, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can beef broth, 1 small chopped onion, 1 small red pepper, 1 small green pepper, a couple cloves of garlic (you can omit of course!) and a couple TBSP of chili powder...some S&P, and a pinch of cumin. When I woke up I took the lid off and let it simmer all day so it would get thick. It's perfect!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #2504

Oh Mona, that sounds awesome.. but the beans!!!! I just have a man size craving to put it over rice!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #2505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well you could make it Texas style and don't add the beans. I've served it over elbow macaroni before. It's good so many ways!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Well you could make it Texas style and don't add the beans. I've served it over elbow macaroni before. It's good so many ways!
Oh YUM!! With cheese??? Oh stop!! LOL
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #2507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yar! And oyster crackers.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #2508

You know when I think of Oyster crackers.. I think of my mother putting those in her Clam Chowda!!!! LOLOL!!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #2509

well I am going to figure out my Sunday Menu.. even though I am cooking Thurs Fri and Sat too!!! LOL..maybe Tacos for one of those days....I need to look up easy peasy 2 ingredient recipes!! LOL....
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #2510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made taco meat as well! I have some corn tortillas and have cheese. So I bought some lettuce and I'm GTG for when we get tired of ham (perish the thought!)

OMG I didn't check to see if I had orange jello and of course, I don't. So I do have some unflavored gelatin packets and I remember reading on the Internet years ago about making jello with Kool-Aid packets. So I look through my Kool-Aid stash, and of course, no orange flavor. So now I'm trying a recipe with stuff I DO have. It uses real orange juice, and orange rind, and even lemon juice and lemon rind. This is much more work. LOL! Hopefully it turns out OK.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #2511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Do you mean the whiskey and wine diet! 'Cause I'll join you.....
I'm in if I can throw in an occasional margarita...........
Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #2512
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
:jump joy: Congratulations, skinny!
What wonderful news. How long did the smile on your face last? Probably still there.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #2513

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks pretty lady...I know I sound like an idiot..,a lot of the times it's my no self confidence and me thinking I did something wrong,
whoohoo! i am so glad you got it! what kind of books do you like??
c/p from the flylady thread
Quote:
thanks soo much for thinking of ken last night it WORKED sooo are ya going to get tired of me asking every Mon-Thurs for the next six months??

good morning coffee going! loading up the truck to take off the garbage and stop by savalot to pick up some mayo leftover turkey and no MAYO for sandwiches?? EEK! BBL i gotta FLY some today wwe are out of clean socks LOL
so got the garbage took off gas jug filled(had to jump off the truck this morning battery was dead) went to the store and got Ken off to work
he picked up my meds for me on his way and some one new told him that i wasn't supposed to take y BP med with my aldactone for PCOS!! they are crazy!!! i have been on both since 2003 i think off to catch up on reading
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #2514

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Eliza - I've been reading lots of the reviews of the creams you mentioned. How in the world did you decide what to get? Or did you get one of each. I'm tempted to do that myself.

Aw - I want free books too that I don't have to go to the library to get. I have a hard time using the kindle, ipad, etc - due to having to hold them - my neck/shoulder just doesn't want to cooperate. I have the laptop and the desktop set up - that I have lots of support for my arms. I generally get books on tape at the library when I can.

Thanks for all the info - very much appreciated.
the one for the computer is nice and free too Kindle for Pc should be easy to find from the A site
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #2515
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Good morning. It's Thursday. Weigh in day. First time since Nov 29 on my home scale. Hard for me to believe and wrap my head around this but--------drum roll please. I have lost 32 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy crappola Ms Chewie..that is fantastically amazing...
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I gotta a mystery book...this chick found a dead man in the backyard hammock....so now the cops are processing the crime scene..

I need to look at those slow cooker books..

Linda, I am just using my iPad...when I downloaded that app....I registered it. When I went to Amazon and picked out this book.it automatically downloaded to my iPad. Amazing! I kept saying to my son OMG Look LOL....
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #2517
Major LCF Poster!

Mona - your chili sounds so good. Any reason you use pinto and kidney? Just curious.

Guess I should say _ MELINDA ALERT>>>>>>DO NOT READ

I have been so hungry for anything with garlic - what's with that anyway? I made biscuits out of almond and coconut flour (wheat belly recipe) on Christams and they were so short - fell apart very easily. Ended up mushing garlic with marg and slathered it on them with some parm cheese and broiled them..........soooo good. then the day before I wanted garlic and had some old ww mini bagels - yup - same thing.........so good. What's your favorite garlic bread recipe? I know it's great on French bread. Maybe a vampire is after me and I'm warding them off? Is that the right evil one?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #2518
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the one for the computer is nice and free too Kindle for Pc should be easy to find from the A site
I'm going to go look right now............thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #2519
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Sue, truthfully, I find it hard to believe. I am thrilled. But also this is hard. I have not had a crumb of a cookie or candy this holiday season. Nothing. But I want to feel better and get healthier and that is my priority. I just have a new tool to help me make better decisions. It's still hard.
But, which is harder do you think?... The best is yet to come..
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
OMG Eliza.....that candy looks so good! We don't have that brand around here that I am aware of. I swear that is so true about men moving things in the garage. I could hear him moving things around and when I went down there this evening I thought...this doesn't look any different than it did!!!!LOL

Deb...I'll email you my address.

Lony....ok, I was SO upset. I got out to our son's and I start snapping pictures. About a dozen pictures into it and after the kids posed SO cute with their cookies that you had made for them I stop to look at all the pictures. NO CARD it tells me!!!!!$%#&@!!! Needless to say the kids had ate about everything on the cookies except the bottom of the snowman! I guess I should have snapped that picture. It would have been funny. I was just mad at the time and didn't think of it. I'm just glad I had an extra card in my camera case to use!

I think I'll head towards bed soon. Eli will be here bright and early in the morning!!!
Sweet dreams everyone!
if someone hasn't already told you those pics are in a file on the camera and there is a way to get them to transfer to your card! i bet they are beautiful
i can't remember it right now do you still have the book for your camera or google the camera name and how to transfer
still jealous over cookies
Closed Thread