Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Thanks ladies for the healing glitter. It is not working yet. It is now about the size of a dinner plate and still spreading. I got a sports bra and that feels a lot better. The girls are down to my waist, but it doesn't hurt. They gave me some pills to take. I asked for a cream and the pharmacy didn't have the cream. They said it would be $50. They told me I could get abreva OTC. It cost $22 for a tube about 1 1/2 inches long and half the size of my little finger.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hummm Me thinks you need MORE glitter!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #213

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #214

oh YES!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello! I'm home from work. I'm pooped! I have to get the trash and recycling ready to take out for tomorrow. You know, I'm beginning to suspect I'm not going to get my tree decorated until my day off! That's OK.

Deb that is some warm weather for December.

KCMama I will keep my eyes peeled for deals on the kitchenaid. Question for those of you who own one....do you have the regular one or the heavy duty one? Is it worth the extra money because it's quite a bit extra. For instance I saw an ad for $199 for the regular one and the heavy duty one is about $350.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh YES!!!
Christmas....the final frontier.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello! I'm home from work. I'm pooped! I have to get the trash and recycling ready to take out for tomorrow. You know, I'm beginning to suspect I'm not going to get my tree decorated until my day off! That's OK.

KCMama I will keep my eyes peeled for deals on the kitchenaid. Question for those of you who own one....do you have the regular one or the heavy duty one? Is it worth the extra money because it's quite a bit extra. For instance I saw an ad for $199 for the regular one and the heavy duty one is about $350.
i got mine years ago 199 at walmart and have USED it todeath! still good as new! and that is icings , oopsies, cakes you name it i love it soo much i got an extra bowl and extra whisk and mixing thingie(forgot the name) to go with it got a good deal for those on ebay
GET YOU ONE tell your DH that is his present to you and he needs to put a bow on it so you can take it off and start using it
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #218

Quote:

Miss Mona, I have both. It really depends on what your applications are going to be. For normal batches of cookie dough and stuff a regular one is fine. I, on the other had will make double and quadruple batches of cookie dough, heavy icings and huge quantities of cake batter. For those I love my heavy duty one.

I am thinking the regular would work for you. Plus you can take the extra money you would spend and put toward accessories. The pasta maker is nice and so is the grinder and juicer.

Extra bowls, beater, paddle and a pouring shield are also great. I don't reccomend an extra dough hook though. One is plenty. Also check out the paddle attatchment that has the rubber scraper on it.

Last edited by Lony; 12-03-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea I'm guessing the regular "classic" 4.5 qt one would be good for me. I just can't see me needing that sorta of power! And I don't want to spend that much money either. LOL. I'm kind of a cheapskate.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #220

oh dudes kitchenaid is worth it!
gotta run and take steven to college BBL
Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #221

Quote:
Yea I'm guessing the regular "classic" 4.5 qt one would be good for me. I just can't see me needing that sorta of power! And I don't want to spend that much money either. LOL. I'm kind of a cheapskate.
Just get yourself one and wrap it up under the tree from Santa. hehehe
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH hates it when I tell him what I want for gifts, too.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
DH hates it when I tell him what I want for gifts, too.
You know, would he be ok with you making up a Wish List on the computer that you update all year long? You find things you want, list the item avg price and then whenever you have a birthday, anniv, or Christmas event come up he can go and look at the list. You still wouldn't know what you were getting, it would be a surprise. Out of curiosity, do you ask him what he wants for Christmas, or birthday or do you just buy him something? Is he good at getting you gifts anyway? Is it usually something you were wanting/needing that you had mentioned in the past?

My dad is terrible at gifts. He gives people what he likes and then gets offended when someone is not grateful enough! We never liked shopping for mom with him. We would try to guide him to what we knew she wanted as she had shown/told us and he would say, I don't care that is not what I want. How rude and selfish?! And then to get upset because she didn't think it was the greatest thing ever? Gift giving is fun but it can also be stressful!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Thanks ladies for the healing glitter. It is not working yet. It is now about the size of a dinner plate and still spreading. I got a sports bra and that feels a lot better. The girls are down to my waist, but it doesn't hurt. They gave me some pills to take. I asked for a cream and the pharmacy didn't have the cream. They said it would be $50. They told me I could get abreva OTC. It cost $22 for a tube about 1 1/2 inches long and half the size of my little finger.
Oh, no! Sorry to hear it is spreading! YOu know, it might not be too bad of an idea to get the $50 cream, especially if it is in a bigger tube. If this keeps spreading you might end up buying two tubes or more of the Abreva and spend as much anyway.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KCMama that is a pretty clever idea. I wish I'd thought of it. I don't know if he'd go for it though. He really likes to think of his own ideas. I always ask him what he wants and he can never really name anything specific. He just always wants video games and/or the latest video game platform. I'm on the lookout for the new Wii U, but it's turning out to be just as hard to find as when the original Wii came out about 7 years ago. I am NOT waiting in line all night for the hope of buying one of the 5 units they get in stock...or whatever the story is. LOL.

Well I've called in sick for tomorrow. I really should have called in sick last night too. I had to reschedule a podiatrist appointment that I have in the morning too.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Absolutely. I am looking into seeing a Counselor though and he agrees (for now).
Seeing a counselor is a good idea. You still have more than a year before he goes off to college. It's hard dealing with a difficult teen. They don't even understand themselves. I remember one incident so well with my ds. He was so mad at me, arguing his case of course and in the middle of his tirade says 'I can't help it if you love me so much'. We just stood there looking at each other. I told him yes, it's your cross to bear, because it will never change. Hang in there - it will get better.

Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, teenagers! Your DS's judgement will improve. He is growing up in a stable home with good parents and good role models. Everything will fall into place.
My friends used to tell me this all the time. I loved them for it, sure did help when some days were really bad.

Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just got home from Urgent care and I have shingles. It is under my boob, so I may be taking a cue from Melinda and going naked. Wonder what my boss would think of that tomorrow?
oooh - ouch. Dh had shingles on the back of his neck. Good that you got on meds so quickly. That should help. My mom had it on her side/breast area - she used to put a hand towel under her boobs, bra just irritated her too much. She was big boobed, so no problem keeping the towel in place. Let me know if the abreva seems to help.

Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda is there a possibility it's gout? Gout can happen in any joint. It causes rapid swelling, redness, heat, and incredible pain. Heat is the best thing for gout. Absolutely no ice because it causes further crystals to form in the joint. Take care.
You know Mona, I never even gave that a thought. I figure I'll get some more arthritis in that joint - just because of reinjuring it. I'm on an anti-inflammatory, so hoping it will help out too. Eliza gave me a few more suggestions I'm going to try too.

Your stir fry made me hungry for some too - so that's on the menu for dinner tonight.

On the kitchenaide - the smaller one will do fine for you. They are power horses for sure. Just buy it for yourself as a present to YOU. You're worth every penny of it. Get the scraper attchment for sure, it's great. What else is on your list from Santa?

Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
My friends used to tell me this all the time. I loved them for it, sure did help when some days were really bad.

Linda
You know I do so appreciate those of you who may have been through this already or who work with kids and have experience. Sometimes, I just get so down thinking how I must be failing, you know? We truly have been having a tough and challenging time off and on since August. More so than usual. You try to do the best you can but each child is different. And he can be so self centered and judgemental! Drives me batty!! At least I found out today that he is on the border for an A in his College Credit College Algebra class he is taking to give me some hope to combat the D he is getting in English. He hates English and the teacher so thinks that gives him the right to just write the class off!His reasoning/rationalizations just blow me away some days!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Christmas....the final frontier.
Hi Deb. Wow - wouldn't that be something to see in person. Amazing I'm sure. So, did Santa spend the night in the corner of the bedroom? How you doing today? I should be doing some cleaning, but the nice weather - supposed to get in the high 60's - thanks for sending it along - and in the 70's tomorrow I just don't want to do anything. Can't wait to see your pictures of all the blow molds lit up..........Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
KCMama that is a pretty clever idea. I wish I'd thought of it. I don't know if he'd go for it though. He really likes to think of his own ideas. I always ask him what he wants and he can never really name anything specific. He just always wants video games and/or the latest video game platform. I'm on the lookout for the new Wii U, but it's turning out to be just as hard to find as when the original Wii came out about 7 years ago. I am NOT waiting in line all night for the hope of buying one of the 5 units they get in stock...or whatever the story is. LOL.

Well I've called in sick for tomorrow. I really should have called in sick last night too. I had to reschedule a podiatrist appointment that I have in the morning too.
Aw Mona - feel better quickly. I'm with you - hate and will not stand in lines for anything. Good luck finding those popular games though - what a nightmare that is. Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza - thanks for posting the info about water on the knee. I do the quad exercises all the time. I will use a cane - whenever I feel the least bit unsteady, I'm a big believer in giving my knees all the help they might need. Hope you're feeling lots better today.

Chewie - Surgery must be over by now. Whew - big hurdle over. Wishing you a fast recovery. We'll all be watching for you to let us know how you're doing.

Sue - I was amazed that your mama used the computer and e-mailed you so often. You were truly blessed for that. I always thought I could get my mom to do that, but sadly, she just wasn't interested. Going to be a few up/down days for you. Going through the years of treasures with your sister. Thinking of you and wishing you happy memories. Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - thinking of you........hoping you're finally get some relief from that tooth pain. Miss you lots. Linda
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda, come out, come out, where ever you are!! Hope you are feeling better.

I hope Chewie's surgery is over by now.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #236

Howdy all back from school! gorgeous day today! springlike ! making me SLEEPY got the screen door window up it is WARM today
Santa spent the night in the living room! lol

sure hope things are looking better for everyone this afternoon! rough days these last few really rough on us all it seems
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #237

Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #238

MELINDA! this is for you!!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

I'm heading out to a Christmas program as soon as I get off work. My daughter is doing a school program with over 100 K-5 students. She has a play and has all of the rest of the kids singing and dancing. I love to go, but would really like to go home, take all my clothes off and scream for a while.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #240

Quote:
I'm heading out to a Christmas program as soon as I get off work. My daughter is doing a school program with over 100 K-5 students. She has a play and has all of the rest of the kids singing and dancing. I love to go, but would really like to go home, take all my clothes off and scream for a while.
ooh i wish i could go! i would LOVE that!
Closed Thread