Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #2221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Merry Christmas everyone....put my turkey in...

I felt horrible yesterday and boy was I wrong, my kid took care of me real good...LOL but he isn't really a thoughtful person......

Anyway I am going to take cough syrup and head back to bed!!!
You know, Melinda, I get the impression that your son is very thoughful, maybe he is not perfect but he is a teenager. Teens do not want to spend much time at home with families it seems. I will tell you that last night is the first night my son was at home or did not have someone here spending the night because all his friends' families are like us and said no it is family time. LOL He was mad last night though because for some weird reason Netflix went down and in the middle of a movie he was watching to boot! He came downstairs yelling like we had disconnected it. Really?!
__________________
kcmama is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #2222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Linda, I had cataract surgery last year. It was wonderful. I have worn glasses since I was two years old. For the first time I can ever remember, I was able to walk out of my bedroom without glasses. I sitll wear bifocals because it is easier than taking them off and putting them on. I was so worried, because I only have one eye, but it is wonderful. After surgery, you can't get glasses for a month. I could wear cheap readers and read, I could wear nothing and see at a distance, but I couldn't see what I was eating, but I also couldn't see what I was cooking.
Now that must have been interesting!!! Merry Christmas, Lucky!
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #2223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I guess I better go get cooking and pick up a bit. Parents are coming at 4.
My goodness, with all the cooking, hosting you do for all your family, kiddos and their friends and your parents I think you must be part fairy godmother or something. How do you do it all?!
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #2224
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
You know, Melinda, I get the impression that your son is very thoughful, maybe he is not perfect but he is a teenager. Teens do not want to spend much time at home with families it seems. I will tell you that last night is the first night my son was at home or did not have someone here spending the night because all his friends' families are like us and said no it is family time. LOL He was mad last night though because for some weird reason Netflix went down and in the middle of a movie he was watching to boot! He came downstairs yelling like we had disconnected it. Really?!
Excuse me for Laughing....but both sonny boy and hubs always blame me for things I have no control over lolol..

I have to say he came home with the cough drops. He brought me seven up in a sippy cup. I ran a fever last night, he put my air on....he put a wash cloth on my forehead, brought me cold tablets. I can't complain at all. But he wouldn't think to buy his dad and I a pack of gum....

Kcmama.. In all honesty I was telling hubs this weekend...how much you do from volunteering to everything else....you are an angel..
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #2225
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Awww Melinda how sweet of your son. I am so glad he took such good care of you!

and I agree with your comment about Kcmama 100% !!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #2226
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Awww Melinda how sweet of your son. I am so glad he took such good care of you!

and I agree with your comment about Kcmama 100% !!
Lony you are a googley moogley
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #2227
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lony you are a googley moogley
Why thank you (I think)
Lony is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #2228
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Why thank you (I think)
You know I adore the very air you breathe!
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #2229
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lony... Have you started cooking? If I didn't have to have it done by 2..I would probably start at 2.....my turkey is done. My rib roast is in the oven....all I have left is my stuffing and green beans..the green beans are trimmed and ready to steam.,.everything else is done, ready to reheat...thankfully cause I am losing steam..
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #2230
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
I have the roast in the crock pot so I have started. I made things really easy for today. Melinda you need to take it easy. This stupid cold will come and go. The more you do the worse you feel.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #2231
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I have the roast in the crock pot so I have started. I made things really easy for today. Melinda you need to take it easy. This stupid cold will come and go. The more you do the worse you feel.
I am almost done. I just have to turn on the fire to the greenbeans.....and make stove top...everything else is done......don't laugh I even when outside, in my tank top and panties in the light of morning...,,and threw out 3 bags of trash.
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #2232
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
My goodness, with all the cooking, hosting you do for all your family, kiddos and their friends and your parents I think you must be part fairy godmother or something. How do you do it all?!
My dh helps me a lot on holidays and Sundays. I can't take all the credit.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #2233
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Excuse me for Laughing....but both sonny boy and hubs always blame me for things I have no control over lolol..

I have to say he came home with the cough drops. He brought me seven up in a sippy cup. I ran a fever last night, he put my air on....he put a wash cloth on my forehead, brought me cold tablets. I can't complain at all. But he wouldn't think to buy his dad and I a pack of gum....
None of the teenagers would. Although in my older ds's defense, if he's going to walmart or somewhere, he will always offer to buy me anything I need so I can't complain. But to bring something home to surprise us, nope.
Kcmama.. In all honesty I was telling hubs this weekend...how much you do from volunteering to everything else....you are an angel..
I agree.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #2234
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lony... Have you started cooking? If I didn't have to have it done by 2..I would probably start at 2.....my turkey is done. My rib roast is in the oven....all I have left is my stuffing and green beans..the green beans are trimmed and ready to steam.,.everything else is done, ready to reheat...thankfully cause I am losing steam..
Yeah, I get this, I'm running out of steam too. Both the turkey and goose are seasoned and oiled and ready. Stuffing and potatoes are made, rolls are in the frig ready to be baked, cookies just need to be plated later. I still have to set up the coffee for later too.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #2235
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
To Houston.
Oh how fun. You're going to see family, right?
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #2236
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
You know, Melinda, I get the impression that your son is very thoughful, maybe he is not perfect but he is a teenager. Teens do not want to spend much time at home with families it seems. I will tell you that last night is the first night my son was at home or did not have someone here spending the night because all his friends' families are like us and said no it is family time. LOL He was mad last night though because for some weird reason Netflix went down and in the middle of a movie he was watching to boot! He came downstairs yelling like we had disconnected it. Really?!
And as weird as this is, my boys are both real homebodies. They would much rather be home and have friends come here.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #2237
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Dh just made a cheese and salami plate. The shrimp is plated and cocktail sauce is in the frig. We're getting there.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #2238
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
OH--last night---you're going to laugh but I had about 1/3 cup lobster bisque and 1 scallop and was so full. 1 scallop. I'm laughing.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #2239
Big Yapper!!!!
 
CinnamonSpice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,521
Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Merry Christmas to you, too! I forget, are you in Vegas now or is it for New Year's that you are going to Vegas?
Thank you kc....not until Friday...is it Friday yet?...
CinnamonSpice is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #2240
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Went to bed late, we watched A Christmas Carol and then got up early---7. So I think it's nap time for me. The poultry will go in at 1:30 or so---that's dh's job. I'll try to check back but if not----have a Merry Christmas and great day. Everyone that is sick, feel better.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #2241
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,821
Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
When you get a moment google lymphadema and coconut oil, Linda.
Thanks, I will.
pansies is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #2242
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,821
Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Linda, I had cataract surgery last year. It was wonderful. I have worn glasses since I was two years old. For the first time I can ever remember, I was able to walk out of my bedroom without glasses. I sitll wear bifocals because it is easier than taking them off and putting them on. I was so worried, because I only have one eye, but it is wonderful. After surgery, you can't get glasses for a month. I could wear cheap readers and read, I could wear nothing and see at a distance, but I couldn't see what I was eating, but I also couldn't see what I was cooking.
This is good to know - thanks. You know, I don't have any problems with the cataracts, other than a little halo. She says I shouldn't see as well as I do, says she can't explain just why either. I just feel like I need a stronger prescription. No problems reading paper. But since I am the principal driver, she decided it wasn't worth waiting years to get it done. Dh has only one good eye too. Did you end up having some surprise dinners while you were healing?

Linda
pansies is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #2243
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,821
Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL................

Dinner has evolved from nothing to this:
shrimp cocktail
turkey breast
ham
stuffing
gravy
deviled eggs
relish/veg tray
sweet pot
green beans
cream cauli-cheddar bake
rosemary-buttermilk biscuits
dinner rolls
cherry delight
pecan squares

HOW? ds is working, turns out a friend of his is alone, so told him to come on over, then found out a neighbor is alone, so she is coming. Was going to make a mini-Christmas feast, leaving the rest for Friday or Saturday with ds. It just sorta happened. Everything but the cauliflower dish is pretty much done.........I'm off to finish up the sweet potatoes.

Sounds like everyone is cooking up a storm too...........Keep running in here to read the new posts. Thank goodness for dishwashers....

Linda
pansies is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #2244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello everybody. I made DH and I a nice, hearty Christmas breakfast then took a nap on the couch. Now I'm up, taking my meds grudgingly, and heading to my real bed. Wish I could've just slept on the couch all day. Gotta work one more night and then I get my weekend. I'll be making my ham dinner on my first night off.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #2245
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL................

Dinner has evolved from nothing to this:
shrimp cocktail
turkey breast
ham
stuffing
gravy
deviled eggs
relish/veg tray
sweet pot
green beans
cream cauli-cheddar bake
rosemary-buttermilk biscuits
dinner rolls
cherry delight
pecan squares

HOW? ds is working, turns out a friend of his is alone, so told him to come on over, then found out a neighbor is alone, so she is coming. Was going to make a mini-Christmas feast, leaving the rest for Friday or Saturday with ds. It just sorta happened. Everything but the cauliflower dish is pretty much done.........I'm off to finish up the sweet potatoes.

Sounds like everyone is cooking up a storm too...........Keep running in here to read the new posts. Thank goodness for dishwashers....

Linda
Bragger!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #2246
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,821
Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Lony - actually I think it's more of a dumb dodo event. I mean - I was ready for a quiet lil dinner with dh...one thing led to another and now - I'm exhausted. And on top of that - I have to do another meal on the weekend with ds......better be lots of left overs that I can freeze from today. I'm counting on it.

The funny thing on the biscuits and cauliflower - First magazine came - and I got the bright idea to make them from the Wheat Belly diet.......So much for bright ideas.

I would have loved just having a nice big old beef roast......med rare - how did yours turn out. Several of you were making one - sure made my mouth water.

Linda
pansies is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #2247
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lony - actually I think it's more of a dumb dodo event. I mean - I was ready for a quiet lil dinner with dh...one thing led to another and now - I'm exhausted. And on top of that - I have to do another meal on the weekend with ds......better be lots of left overs that I can freeze from today. I'm counting on it.

The funny thing on the biscuits and cauliflower - First magazine came - and I got the bright idea to make them from the Wheat Belly diet.......So much for bright ideas.

I would have loved just having a nice big old beef roast......med rare - how did yours turn out. Several of you were making one - sure made my mouth water.

Linda

Your menu sounds amazing!
crazyone is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #2248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I have the roast in the crock pot so I have started. I made things really easy for today. Melinda you need to take it easy. This stupid cold will come and go. The more you do the worse you feel.
Ummm, heeeelllllooo!!!!! It is not a Cold!!! It is strep, bronchitis, sinus infection and an ear infection!!!! You do not have just a Cold!!!! And you better be taking it easy and hopefully Mr. Mike is taking care of you or I may have to make a trip up there.....Don't make me have to come up there!LOL
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #2249
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
My roast is cooking away in the crock pot. It smells amazing though.

I am sorry you are so tired. Nothing like unexpected guests to make things merry
Lony is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #2250
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ummm, heeeelllllooo!!!!! It is not a Cold!!! It is strep, bronchitis, sinus infection and an ear infection!!!! You do not have just a Cold!!!! And you better be taking it easy and hopefully Mr. Mike is taking care of you or I may have to make a trip up there.....Don't make me have to come up there!LOL
Merry Christmas to you too pumpkin.

He is taking great care of me. I layed down to take a nap and I could not sleep. That is a great sign that I am getting better.
Lony is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.