LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #2191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I need hugs....and cough drops....my son is going with Tiffany for last minute presents.,he is thoughtless bet he brings me home NOTHING. Better rummage around here For a couple..
I forgot my cough drops tonight! But I remembered my soft tissue. The tissue they supply here at work is so rough it literally rubs the skin off my nose. Yea, still sick over here. I have never had a cold this long. Hope all of us sickies get better soon. And Melinda I'm glad your sonny boy stopped to get you some cough drops.

Linda I'm sorry about your lymphadema and the cataracts. Hopefully your surgery in January goes well. I understand that the lymphadema is a life long battle though. Hang in there. Your ornaments hanging up on the windows sound lovely. Yes, my doctor gave me a referral for a physical therapist for my hips. I missed their call last week so I will have to wait until after Christmas to schedule an appointment. I don't think my hip therapy is going to be as "fun" as my foot therapy was. I basically got a foot massage for 45 minutes.

KCMama you are an angel! With all you do and you still manage to find the time to deliver cards to kids in the hospital. So sorry to hear that your friend is so sick. I hope she starts feeling better soon. Mmm white chocolate cherry blondies sound yummy. I have a cherry shortbread cookie I was going to try making this year but have not gotten around to it yet. It uses marachino cherries.

Deb that's too bad that Steven saw what one of his gifts was. I hate when companies send stuff in the mail in the original box or whatever. This year my big present was delivered and I opened the door and there it sat....on the front porch in a box with pictures and words all over it. It was my Sony home theater. DH was kinda mad because he had been tracking it online and it wasn't due to be delivered until the next day so he didn't think anything about me answering the door. I told DH at least he didn't have to wrap that big box anymore. Glad that Ken had a good day at work and got to come home early, even.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Last edited by Mona; 12-24-2012 at 11:03 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #2192
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Merry Christmas morning to you all...for those who don't feel well...hugs and warm wishes...for those that do feel well...hugs and warm wishes too!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #2193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Yeah. She truly needs prayers. She has a Freshman, a 6th grader, and an elementary school age. All three boys. The middle child appears to have the toughest time with his mother's illnesses.
Oh my gosh...saying a prayer for her and her family.. I can't even imagine being so sick with such young children...so many things that are hard to understand...
Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #2194
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Thanks Deb. Think I'm going to check them out. I wouldn't like anything that wasn't stretchy.

My legs are a bit worse. I keep them well lotioned up with that healing stuff that the lymphedema gal suggested. I guess after the first of the year - I'm going to have to give their treatment a try. All of a sudden my cataracts are worse. Told the doc that I thought they didn't show up till after 70 - lol - she just laughed and said I was special. That since I am the principal driver it would be good to do them now - and not let them get bad. So - Jan 8 and 22 I'm scheduled for one eye - then the other. So, sounds like my Jan is pretty much scheduled. Wonder what the weather is going to be like in Jan.

Linda
When you get a moment google lymphadema and coconut oil, Linda.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2195
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Merry Christmas everyone....put my turkey in...

I felt horrible yesterday and boy was I wrong, my kid took care of me real good...LOL but he isn't really a thoughtful person......

Anyway I am going to take cough syrup and head back to bed!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #2196

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Merry christmas just got my turkey in the oven
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone
Mona it is fine cause you can't see what is in it LOL
getting off and cooking BBL!
big hugs to all who are sick!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #2197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Linda, I had cataract surgery last year. It was wonderful. I have worn glasses since I was two years old. For the first time I can ever remember, I was able to walk out of my bedroom without glasses. I sitll wear bifocals because it is easier than taking them off and putting them on. I was so worried, because I only have one eye, but it is wonderful. After surgery, you can't get glasses for a month. I could wear cheap readers and read, I could wear nothing and see at a distance, but I couldn't see what I was eating, but I also couldn't see what I was cooking.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #2198

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Merry Christmas, my dear friends! Many blessings for you and your loved ones!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #2199

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Merry Christmas. Happy Tuesday.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #2200

Quote:
I need hugs....and cough drops....my son is going with Tiffany for last minute presents.,he is thoughtless bet he brings me home NOTHING. Better rummage around here For a couple..
:h ugs:
Old 12-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Melinda what all are you doing this evening ?/ have you went out looking at the lights?/ no one here has them much this year
There are a lot less here this year too.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #2202

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Wow - everyone is so busy - and/or sick.

Deb - crossed fingers/toes that all goes well with Ken tonight on the job.

Eliza - sil sounds like a real piece of work. Sorry she's such a selfish person.

Chewie - congrats on the nsv. Do you take many supplements? Any really good protein drinks? You've really done well - cooking so many goodies. No wonder you were pooped out.
I do, I take a multivitamin with minerals, 3 calcium citrates, biotin, Vit D3, fish oil, and I can't remember what else. When I do my weekly vits---I will report them.
Melinda - I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your dh on your Vegas trip. Almost felt like Cinderella, huh? Your suite sounded pretty ritzy. What a treat for both of you.

Mona - Hope you're feeling much better by now. Did you say you were going to therapy too?

Lony - You really were hit by a bunch of super bugs. Poor thing. You can keep that 18 deg weather - and the snow - right there. I'm not ready for any of that kind of winter. I'm still in the 40's and I can deal with that.

Hi to Lucky, Sue and anyone I missed.

Happy Christmas Eve to all - enjoy your families and relax. Sounds like everyone is making a big dinner tomorros - we will wait - ds works Christamas so that his fellow officers can be home for their little ones.

Linda
How are your feeling? What are you cooking today? How sweet your ds is to give the other officers the day off.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #2203

There isn't a lot of lights here either..which makes me sad because I look forward to it....

Is everyone doing their cooking? I know its earlier here than where everyone else is.. Besides Mona...I have to have my cooking done by 2 pm..I am getting ready to make those Pioneer potatoes..
Old 12-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #2204

Linda my hub's does the same thing he works Christmas because we don't celebrate it....so it gives the other people who do a chance to be with their families..
Old 12-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #2205

Chewie I was pleased when he bought me the cough drops and wouldn't take the money for it!

I have to try and muster up the energy to unpack.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #2206

Quote:
guess everyone is all tucked in waiting for Santa
cookie are made for him and i forgot his Coke Steven said he might not be too happy with the pepsi! LOL Steven just finished up the dishes for me without being asked LOL think he is thinking there will be more presents other than his tires??/
and guess what?? everyone's good thoughts helped ken have a good night at work and GET TO COME HOME EARLY cause they finished their work!! we went out Christmas light looking but i guess it was too late or just not many people decorated
now Ken doesn't have to be back at work until Wednesday soo we are ok for another couple days!
I'm so glad Deb. I will still keep him in my prayers.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #2207

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning Sunshines! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day.

We woke up to 0 degrees this morning Holy cow!

Had coffee and opened gifts, the cats are currently playing with the boxes stacked up on the sofa.

Melinda I hope you get to feeling better soon. I made hot peach tea with honey and ACV and that helped soooooooo much.

Today I am cooking a roast beast, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, yams, hot rolls, salad, relish tray and green beans. Whew that is a lot of food!!

Sending love and happy glitter
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #2208

Quote:
oh Kcmama praying for your friend!
Me too.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #2209

Quote:
Chewie I was pleased when he bought me the cough drops and wouldn't take the money for it!

I have to try and muster up the energy to unpack.
Sweetie, you need to rest. That can wait till you feel better. Rest, watch tv and relax.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #2210

Quote:
There isn't a lot of lights here either..which makes me sad because I look forward to it....

Is everyone doing their cooking? I know its earlier here than where everyone else is.. Besides Mona...I have to have my cooking done by 2 pm..I am getting ready to make those Pioneer potatoes..
Yes, already made our traditional Monkey bread---the boys pick at it all day long. Plus dh made bacon and eggs. I ate a whole egg and a piece of bacon.

DS14 woke us at 7. Older ds wasn't thrilled to get up so early. Everyone is very happy with their presents. DH got me gold earrings, a gold elephant necklace, a tapestry wall hanging, slippers, boots, a weight set and a pedometer. Nice. He loves his Kindle Fire plus his fancy new watch.

The potatoes are done and next we need to get the turkey and goose in the oven.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #2211

It's getting colder here--now 31. We're supposed to get snow starting this afternoon. Too bad I live so close to work or I might have had a snow day tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #2212

We decided to save the honey ham for new years. It's just too much food.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #2213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day.

We woke up to 0 degrees this morning Holy cow!

Had coffee and opened gifts, the cats are currently playing with the boxes stacked up on the sofa.

Melinda I hope you get to feeling better soon. I made hot peach tea with honey and ACV and that helped soooooooo much.

Today I am cooking a roast beast, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, yams, hot rolls, salad, relish tray and green beans. Whew that is a lot of food!!

Sending love and happy glitter
0 degrees! What is that? I am having peach tea too..
Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #2214

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Sweetie, you need to rest. That can wait till you feel better. Rest, watch tv and relax.
Yeah Chewie your right, I looked at the mess and said forget it...
Old 12-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #2215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning! Merry Christmas! The dh and I are up. The kiddos are still asleep. I have made cinnamon rolls and am getting ready to go make a sausage egg scramble. We have had coffee and are currently watching the Disney Parks Christmastime Parade on ABC while we wait on the kiddos. I was telling dh how things have changed. When the kids were little they would get us up at the crack of dawn, as they got a bit older and learned to tell time we told them they had to wait until 8:00 to come and get us up to come see what Santa brought, then it was 9:00 when they were a bit older. Now we shall have to go wake them up! How things have changed. We did not open any presents last night as we do not have as many packages to open since they are older. We are going to do it all today.

I also have to go get busy and make a pound cake. I will check back in with you all later. Hope you all are having a great time with your families.

Hope Melinda and Lony are feeling better.

Sue, how is the weather and the roads? Eliza, how is the weather around you? We have to go through the Dallas/FT Worth area as well.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #2216

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Good Morning! Merry Christmas! The dh and I are up. The kiddos are still asleep. I have made cinnamon rolls and am getting ready to go make a sausage egg scramble. We have had coffee and are currently watching the Disney Parks Christmastime Parade on ABC while we wait on the kiddos. I was telling dh how things have changed. When the kids were little they would get us up at the crack of dawn, as they got a bit older and learned to tell time we told them they had to wait until 8:00 to come and get us up to come see what Santa brought, then it was 9:00 when they were a bit older. Now we shall have to go wake them up! How things have changed. We did not open any presents last night as we do not have as many packages to open since they are older. We are going to do it all today.
Isn't that the truth. I told the boys it's much harder to buy gifts now that they are older and everything they want/like is expensive.
I also have to go get busy and make a pound cake. I will check back in with you all later. Hope you all are having a great time with your families.
You too.
Hope Melinda and Lony are feeling better.

Sue, how is the weather and the roads? Eliza, how is the weather around you? We have to go through the Dallas/FT Worth area as well.
Where are you going?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #2217

I guess I better go get cooking and pick up a bit. Parents are coming at 4.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #2218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I forgot my cough drops tonight! But I remembered my soft tissue. The tissue they supply here at work is so rough it literally rubs the skin off my nose. Yea, still sick over here. I have never had a cold this long. Hope all of us sickies get better soon. And Melinda I'm glad your sonny boy stopped to get you some cough drops.

Linda I'm sorry about your lymphadema and the cataracts. Hopefully your surgery in January goes well. I understand that the lymphadema is a life long battle though. Hang in there. Your ornaments hanging up on the windows sound lovely. Yes, my doctor gave me a referral for a physical therapist for my hips. I missed their call last week so I will have to wait until after Christmas to schedule an appointment. I don't think my hip therapy is going to be as "fun" as my foot therapy was. I basically got a foot massage for 45 minutes.

KCMama you are an angel! With all you do and you still manage to find the time to deliver cards to kids in the hospital. So sorry to hear that your friend is so sick. I hope she starts feeling better soon. Mmm white chocolate cherry blondies sound yummy. I have a cherry shortbread cookie I was going to try making this year but have not gotten around to it yet. It uses marachino cherries.

Deb that's too bad that Steven saw what one of his gifts was. I hate when companies send stuff in the mail in the original box or whatever. This year my big present was delivered and I opened the door and there it sat....on the front porch in a box with pictures and words all over it. It was my Sony home theater. DH was kinda mad because he had been tracking it online and it wasn't due to be delivered until the next day so he didn't think anything about me answering the door. I told DH at least he didn't have to wrap that big box anymore. Glad that Ken had a good day at work and got to come home early, even.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
Mona, I am sorry you are still sick. Maybe you should go see a doc, too. Sounds like these colds are morphing into more serious ailments the longer they go. You are going to end up with bronchitis/strep like Lony.

I am not an Angel I am trying to help my kids learn compassion and learn ways to help others. There are so many ways to help people. Trying to teach that just a few hours even during the holidays can make such a big impact on others. Youngest and I spent about 4 Hours total over the course of 3 days to do this. Not really that much per day when you really think about it. But it was a good experience for her, especially seeing my friend in the hospital. Youngest has gone with me several times to deliver meals to my friend over the last few years but has never met her. I think the visit gave her a better understanding of why I take meals to her family after she saw how sick and tiny my friend looked.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #2219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Where are you going?
To Houston.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #2220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Merry Christmas morning to you all...for those who don't feel well...hugs and warm wishes...for those that do feel well...hugs and warm wishes too!
Merry Christmas to you, too! I forget, are you in Vegas now or is it for New Year's that you are going to Vegas?
Closed Thread