Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #2161
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Melinda what all are you doing this evening ?/ have you went out looking at the lights?/ no one here has them much this year

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #2162

Grandfather Frost
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #2163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Wow - everyone is so busy - and/or sick.

Deb - crossed fingers/toes that all goes well with Ken tonight on the job.

Eliza - sil sounds like a real piece of work. Sorry she's such a selfish person.

Chewie - congrats on the nsv. Do you take many supplements? Any really good protein drinks? You've really done well - cooking so many goodies. No wonder you were pooped out.

Melinda - I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your dh on your Vegas trip. Almost felt like Cinderella, huh? Your suite sounded pretty ritzy. What a treat for both of you.

Mona - Hope you're feeling much better by now. Did you say you were going to therapy too?

Lony - You really were hit by a bunch of super bugs. Poor thing. You can keep that 18 deg weather - and the snow - right there. I'm not ready for any of that kind of winter. I'm still in the 40's and I can deal with that.

Hi to Lucky, Sue and anyone I missed.

Happy Christmas Eve to all - enjoy your families and relax. Sounds like everyone is making a big dinner tomorros - we will wait - ds works Christamas so that his fellow officers can be home for their little ones.

Linda
Old 12-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #2164
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
showered and got my Christmas jammies on sigh and yeah they are a lot tighter than last year
Deb - out of curiosity - do you make your jammies? If not - where do you buy them. I haven't had them in so long - but - think I'm wanting to try them. And no - I'm not a nudey..........lol - I'm a gown sorta gal..........

Linda
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #2165
Major LCF Poster!

You were all talking about decorations. I got the cutest hanging ornaments from QVC back in July. Almost forgot about them. We have floor to ceiling windows in the den. 5 ornaments, 2 angels, snowman, cardinal, tree. They are lit by button batteries and change colors, so hung them from the valances - they are so pretty. Stay on for 4 hours and go off and come on the next day at the same time. I just ordered a bunch of batteries for less than $5. Thinking of keeping them up for a long time. Deb you mentioned that you keep lights up - sounds nice. Linda
Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #2166

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Grandfather Frost
Hey, that's what we call him in the old country - Grandfather Frost! Brings back memories.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
You were all talking about decorations. I got the cutest hanging ornaments from QVC back in July. Almost forgot about them. We have floor to ceiling windows in the den. 5 ornaments, 2 angels, snowman, cardinal, tree. They are lit by button batteries and change colors, so hung them from the valances - they are so pretty. Stay on for 4 hours and go off and come on the next day at the same time. I just ordered a bunch of batteries for less than $5. Thinking of keeping them up for a long time. Deb you mentioned that you keep lights up - sounds nice. Linda
Linda, Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy your pretty ornaments. Ooooh, and they change color, too I keep my Christmas decorations till at least Jan. 7 just because I love the season so much and want to enjoy them longer. If you really like something, why not enjoy it even year round!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #2168

Quote:
Deb - out of curiosity - do you make your jammies? If not - where do you buy them. I haven't had them in so long - but - think I'm wanting to try them. And no - I'm not a nudey..........lol - I'm a gown sorta gal..........

Linda
no i haven't made any but i bought these a few years back when walmart actually had good plus sized clothes SIGH
Betty and I used to exchange PJs for Christmas cause growing up we both had always wanted some i have pooh bear , eeyore, tweety, garfield ,mickey mouse ETC i love Pjs! i didn't buy me any this year to be from betty mostly from walmart but the quality has gone way way down the last couple of years
walmart online has bigger sizes i get the knits cause woven to me has no stretch and the fannel doesn't either
LOL i used to wear flannel nightgowns but that is a sure fire way to get pregnant so PJs now something about "granny gowns" ya know??
i am glad to see you posting how are your legs feeling??
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hey, that's what we call him in the old country - Grandfather Frost! Brings back memories.
yes! i was looking up all the different legends today
Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #2170

Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #2171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Linda, Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy your pretty ornaments. Ooooh, and they change color, too I keep my Christmas decorations till at least Jan. 7 just because I love the season so much and want to enjoy them longer. If you really like something, why not enjoy it even year round!
well and Christmas isn't over til then! i can't believe how people hustle it out the door on the 26th
the 25th is only the START of Christmas
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2172

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Melinda what all are you doing this evening ?/ have you went out looking at the lights?/ no one here has them much this year
I am really under the weather Deb"..I have 3 shirts on, a long night gown and slippers.....with socks....I took a day cold medicine....drinking hot peach tea cause I have no more lemon....,and I called my son to ask Tiffany if she wouldn't mind stopping for ough drops....I said I would pay her 5 bucks he told me no...but as good as my son is....he isn't thoughtful like all your teenage boys...on top of that I have a horrible back ache..but I am going to start cooking early tomorrow....my rib roast is not thawed yet...it's been on my counter is e 8 am.

I am looking to find Christmas music..
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #2173

Merry Christmas Linda..,...
Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I am really under the weather Deb"..I have 3 shirts on, a long night gown and slippers.....with socks....I took a day cold medicine....drinking hot peach tea cause I have no more lemon....,and I called my son to ask Tiffany if she wouldn't mind stopping for ough drops....I said I would pay her 5 bucks he told me no...but as good as my son is....he isn't thoughtful like all your teenage boys...on top of that I have a horrible back ache..but I am going to start cooking early tomorrow....my rib roast is not thawed yet...it's been on my counter is e 8 am.

I am looking to find Christmas music..
oh no my friend! maybe you are sore from the car ride?? hoping your cough clears up soon!
here is something

0:00 Here Comes Santa Claus -- Bing Crosby
3:05 Feliz Navidad -- Beth and Scott
5:32 The Christmas Waltz -- Frank Sinatra
8:33 Winter Wonderland -- Aretha Franklin
10:41 The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year -- Andy Williams
13:09 Jingle Bells -- I have no idea who the artist is
15:25 Sleigh Ride -- Johnny Mathis
18:20 Carol of the Bells -- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
20:45 Santa Claus is Coming to Town -- The Andrews Sisters
23:25 Silver Bells -- Bing Crosby
26:27 The Christmas Song -- The Osmond Brothers
29:07 I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus -- Andy Williams
32:15 Wonderful Christmastime -- Paul McCartney
35:59 Santa Claus -- Harry Connick Jr
40:35 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer -- Gene Autry
43:46 Rockin Around the Christmas Tree -- Brenda Lee
45:49 Sleigh Ride -- Jack Jones
48:31 Blue Christmas -- Elvis Presley
50:36 White Christmas -- Bing Crosby
53:32 Jingle Bell Rock -- Bobby Helms
55:41 The Christmas Song -- Nat King Cole
58:47 Jingle Bells -- Frank Sinatra
1:00:45 Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas -- Frank Sinatra
1:04:09 Sleigh Ride -- Ella Fitzgerald
1:07:04 Winter Wonderland -- Tony Bennett
1:09:14 Let It Snow -- Dean Martin
1:11:08 The Most Wonderful Time of the Year -- Johnny Mathis
1:13:51 Home for the Holidays -- Perry Como
1:16:40 Little St Nick -- The Beach Boys
1:18:46 A Holly Jolly Christmas -- Burl Ives
1:20:57 Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer -- Elmo and Patsy
1:24:23 Merry Christmas Darling -- The Carpenters
1:27:26 Here Comes Santa Claus -- Elvis Presley
1:29:20 Happy Christmas -- John Lennon
1:32:47 Jingle Bells -- Diana Krall
1:34:57 Deck the Halls -- Ottmar Liebert
1:37:57 Mr. Heatmeiser -- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
1:42:18 Winter Wonderland -- Johnny Mathis
1:45:30 Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) -- Mariah Carey
1:48:00 Frosty the Snowman -- The Beach Boys
1:49:51 Let It Snow -- Harry Connick Jr
1:52:22 A Marshmallow World -- Dean Martin
1:55:00 Christmas Canon -- Trans Siberian Orchestra
1:59:16 Silent Night -- Sarah McLaughlin
2:03:00 Sleigh Ride -- Arthur Fielder
2:05:59 We Need a Little Christmas -- Johnny Mathis
2:07:53 Santa Baby -- Madonna
2:10:26 O Holy Night -- Placido Domingo
2:14:21 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -- Bobby Vinton
2:17:26 It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas -- Johnny Mathis
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #2175

Thanks deb....so sonnyboycame home with cough drops.....shocked!,, then he turned on the fan LOL it's freezing in here.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #2176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Merry Christmas Linda..,...
Aw Melinda - feel better real soon. Sounds like you really caught a bug - and to have your back hurting to - is it spasms? What a bummer. Linda
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #2177

did the Christmas songs play for you melinda??
Old 12-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #2178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
no i haven't made any but i bought these a few years back when walmart actually had good plus sized clothes SIGH
Betty and I used to exchange PJs for Christmas cause growing up we both had always wanted some i have pooh bear , eeyore, tweety, garfield ,mickey mouse ETC i love Pjs! i didn't buy me any this year to be from betty mostly from walmart but the quality has gone way way down the last couple of years
walmart online has bigger sizes i get the knits cause woven to me has no stretch and the fannel doesn't either
LOL i used to wear flannel nightgowns but that is a sure fire way to get pregnant so PJs now something about "granny gowns" ya know??
i am glad to see you posting how are your legs feeling??
Thanks Deb. Think I'm going to check them out. I wouldn't like anything that wasn't stretchy.

My legs are a bit worse. I keep them well lotioned up with that healing stuff that the lymphedema gal suggested. I guess after the first of the year - I'm going to have to give their treatment a try. All of a sudden my cataracts are worse. Told the doc that I thought they didn't show up till after 70 - lol - she just laughed and said I was special. That since I am the principal driver it would be good to do them now - and not let them get bad. So - Jan 8 and 22 I'm scheduled for one eye - then the other. So, sounds like my Jan is pretty much scheduled. Wonder what the weather is going to be like in Jan.

Linda
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #2179

Quote:
Thanks Deb. Think I'm going to check them out. I wouldn't like anything that wasn't stretchy.

My legs are a bit worse. I keep them well lotioned up with that healing stuff that the lymphedema gal suggested. I guess after the first of the year - I'm going to have to give their treatment a try. All of a sudden my cataracts are worse. Told the doc that I thought they didn't show up till after 70 - lol - she just laughed and said I was special. That since I am the principal driver it would be good to do them now - and not let them get bad. So - Jan 8 and 22 I'm scheduled for one eye - then the other. So, sounds like my Jan is pretty much scheduled. Wonder what the weather is going to be like in Jan.

Linda
i think my Mommie was 65 wqhen she had her cataracts done and really needed them YEARS before i think it will do you a world of good
i hope the weather is nice and you have no problems at all with it
Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #2180

guess everyone is all tucked in waiting for Santa
cookie are made for him and i forgot his Coke Steven said he might not be too happy with the pepsi! LOL Steven just finished up the dishes for me without being asked LOL think he is thinking there will be more presents other than his tires??/
and guess what?? everyone's good thoughts helped ken have a good night at work and GET TO COME HOME EARLY cause they finished their work!! we went out Christmas light looking but i guess it was too late or just not many people decorated
now Ken doesn't have to be back at work until Wednesday soo we are ok for another couple days!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #2181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Hello Everyone!

We have had a nice day. Got our Christmas cards delivered to the Children's Hospital. I asked if they had any inpatients and sadly they replied that indeed they did and that they were full. KU Med was so full that they had to send patients to other hospitals. Apparently, RSV is making its rounds. Then went to a different hospital to see my friend. She looked so bad. She did her best to visit with us but she kept having to shut her eyes. She was so tired. She has multiple clots in her lungs and they do not know why. She is on coumadin and lovanox and they cannot get her numbers into the range they want yet. They were waiting on the doctor this evening to come in and tell her she can go home. I would be shocked if he sent her home even though tomorrow is Christmas. She desperately wants to go home but she looked so sick. She is such a tiny thing. I think she weighs 96 lbs now.

I have a Tres Leches Flan in the oven. I have not done a lot of baking for us. I did make White Chocolate Cherry Blondies right before dinner. Fixed Shrimp Scampi with pasta and veggies for dinner. The kids opted for the White Chocolate Cherry Blondies for dessert over the cheesecake sampler I picked up from Sams as they were too cold. I still want to make a Pound Cake.

I hope all of you start feeling better. Lony, mmmhmmm, mmmhmmm, do not wait so long to go to the doctor and Melinda go to the doctor before your illness morphs into something like Lony has! The hospitals here are getting quite full I tell you.

Sue, keep me posted on the snowfall and road conditions in OK will you? We are supposed to pass through there on Wed.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #2182

oh Kcmama praying for your friend!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #2183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Linda
I am so sorry to hear that. Have you gone to do any lymphatic massage? Do you wear those compression stockings? My mom is supposed to but she can't put them on herself. My dad is getting too weak to help her. Then her legs get too swollen from going too long without the stockings and creates a vicious cycle. I am sure that they are prob swollen again after driving down from TN. Please don't wait too long to get them treated. Sorry to hear about the cataracts. Hope you notice a huge difference after the surgeries.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #2184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
oh Kcmama praying for your friend!
Yeah. She truly needs prayers. She has a Freshman, a 6th grader, and an elementary school age. All three boys. The middle child appears to have the toughest time with his mother's illnesses.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #2185

KC, many prayers for your friend. Hope she is on her way to complete recovery soon so she can go home and spend the holidays with her family.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #2186

Quote:

Linda
Linda, :h ugs:

One thing I remembered that helps with swelling is Arnica - cream form works best.

This is such a tough thing to be going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers for an easy and pain-free time
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #2187

Deb, check out your Facebook whenever you get the chance. I've been digging around for help with thigh numbness (meralgia paresthetica) that I know you have just as I do, and I found some trigger points that may alleviate it.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #2188

thanks Eliza since i have gained this weight back it is worse
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #2189

Quote:
thanks Eliza since i have gained this weight back it is worse
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #2190

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Sending everyone lots of love tonight and extra mushy junk.
Closed Thread