Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #2102
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
It's me again....in the quiet moments I am just thinking about all the running around, go, go, go, buy, buy, buy, and do, do, do, we do here in our country.
My DD was telling me about a friend who went to England for the holidays. She loves it there because she says everything is at such a slower pace. She says on Christmas Eve all churches are open with wonderful Christmas Eve services.
She says it is just not the crazy running and busyness we have here. I wonder if we could/would only take a step back and look at ourselves from afar what we would see. Just a thought. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer. I love Christmas and all that goes with it, but I would like to see us all slow down and remember just what it is all about. I just think we here in the good old USA have become so busy with "things" and doing things and buying things to the point where we get over tired and we then end up feeling boxed in and everything becomes a chore to us at that point.
Anyway......I plan on going and putting on some Christmas music, having a cup of coffee, enjoying the lights on my tree and just having some quiet time before I start this day. Oh....and I might have a slice of this home made bread DD brought home.
oh yeah it is way different in Germany wonderful really the kids are off a FULL month and there are kriskindlemarkts and always a fest going on somewhere i think EVERYONE here is just so danged PROFIT greedy ya know?/ even people have to have the LATEST thing and like Eliza's SIl not appreciative of the things people would have taken time and thought like homemade stuff ETC me i would LOVE something someone thought enough of me to do ya know?? i do go CRAZY overboard on the lights we weren't able to have many when i was growing up one strand on the tree and Mommie was able to let me have one strand around the window in my room the neghbors had all these blowmolds i am crazy about now ok i gotta stop i am crying
we are watching Charlie Brown Christmas before Ken has to go to work Please could everyone keep him in your thoughts on this busy day that he will have a good night and not make any mistakes tonight? i would really appreciate it
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Good morning all early birds, Mona, Melindochka, Sue, and everyone else! Happy Christmas Eve day!

Sue, you are so so right. We need to get out of the go go go, buy buy buy, and do do do mode and slow down and reflect on the true meaning of this season and the blessings we have in our lives that truly matter. Some quiet time with music and lights and coffe and bread made with love sounds heavenly. And we are all looking forward to the arrival of baby Layla.

Hope your DD's family decides to spend the night with you and stay out of the snow. Walmart cashier told me yesterday we are expecting snow, too, but I need to go check the forecast. A white Christmas would be so much fun!
oh i hope you get some snow!! we won't we have had tons of rain though i bet we can't even turn the lights outside on tonight
Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #2104

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
We are going to get lots of snow today and tonight. The sun is shining right now though. hehe
Old 12-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #2105

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines. I love all the beautiful sentiments about Christmas being posted. The craziness is over for us now and we are just enjoying some time alone. It gives me time to reflect on what is really important to me.

Staying here in Buffalo was one of the best ideas we have had. As much as a I love my family, they pretty much look to me to make their Christmas magical. haha When Eliza was talking about her SIL all I could think was OMG, that is my sister!

As we look toward tonight and tomorrow I pray that each and every one of you find peace in your holiday and find yourselves surrounded in love.
Glad you are having quiet loving snuggly time with the most important person in your world. That's how things should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
we are mash potatoeing deviled egging pumpkin pie ing right now! already did some dishes UGH and got regular mornign chores done
pumpkin coffee brewing
Sounds so festive! Great job on finishing all the chores!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So how is her weight loss progress going?
I think she stalled when she went back to solids. I will get more details tomorrow and let you know.

Quote:
Good morning. Dh got up at 6 to go shopping--he's nuts. Then he comes home at 8 and wakes me to tell me he left some gifts for me to wrap in our closet. Gee---thanks. I have nothing else to do. Although in his defense, he does have to work all day today.

I cleaned the frig, made the brine for the turkey and got the d.w. going already. My egg today didn't sit well so now I'm taking a break before I continue.
Feel better soon, buddy!

Quote:
Tonight we are going to have dips, sandwiches and play games. It is our tradition.
Sounds like a fun tradition to me!

Quote:
oh i hope you get some snow!! we won't we have had tons of rain though i bet we can't even turn the lights outside on tonight
I hope so, weather forecast says no more than an inch Plus chances for isolated tornadoes What the heck!

I need to go to a cabin in the mountains some Christmas and have a truly white Christmas.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #2106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hi girls. I'm tired. Since I went to bed so early yesterday my body is expecting it again. I just may hit the sack early again.

For those of you that asked, for Christmas I got a Nesco dehydrator (woo hoo!) DH knew I'd been looking at those for years but never took the plunge. I am looking forward to making dried fruit and herbs, as well as beef jerky. I got a replacement for my 10 year old Sonicare electric toothbrush. The old one was making funny sounds. And I got a fantasy book trilogy....called the Mistborne trilogy or something like that. I started reading it today at work. Pretty good. And for my big thing I got a Sony home theater. We watched Elf the other night and it sounds really great. That is stuff from DH. My family has sent some stuff that hasn't arrived yet and I got a $100 bill from my cousin! I don't know if I've mentioned her before but she found a rich boyfriend a couple of years ago. Now fiancee. So she's rich by default. LOL. I have spent half of it on new bras and some cute Christmas earrings from Catherines. I want to get some new pants too, but I will have to mail order those because they didn't have the kind I like in the store.

I like hearing about everybody's different holiday traditions. DH and I don't really have any. It's a lot of work...making Christmas happen. But if I didn't do it we wouldn't have it, ya know?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #2107

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Good morning sunshines. I love all the beautiful sentiments about Christmas being posted. The craziness is over for us now and we are just enjoying some time alone. It gives me time to reflect on what is really important to me.

Staying here in Buffalo was one of the best ideas we have had. As much as a I love my family, they pretty much look to me to make their Christmas magical. haha When Eliza was talking about her SIL all I could think was OMG, that is my sister!

As we look toward tonight and tomorrow I pray that each and every one of you find peace in your holiday and find yourselves surrounded in love.
I wish the same for you too Lonykins... I gotta tough year coming up..and I hope that some divine intervention walks besides me in this....yeah and I agree I about got drunk the day my husband's sister moved up to Vegas.. that was the best day of my life.. she was always telling me how to take care of my baby every single day and would never leave my house....so I agree to that...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi girls. I'm tired. Since I went to bed so early yesterday my body is expecting it again. I just may hit the sack early again.

For those of you that asked, for Christmas I got a Nesco dehydrator (woo hoo!) DH knew I'd been looking at those for years but never took the plunge. I am looking forward to making dried fruit and herbs, as well as beef jerky. I got a replacement for my 10 year old Sonicare electric toothbrush. The old one was making funny sounds. And I got a fantasy book trilogy....called the Mistborne trilogy or something like that. I started reading it today at work. Pretty good. And for my big thing I got a Sony home theater. We watched Elf the other night and it sounds really great. That is stuff from DH. My family has sent some stuff that hasn't arrived yet and I got a $100 bill from my cousin! I don't know if I've mentioned her before but she found a rich boyfriend a couple of years ago. Now fiancee. So she's rich by default. LOL. I have spent half of it on new bras and some cute Christmas earrings from Catherines. I want to get some new pants too, but I will have to mail order those because they didn't have the kind I like in the store.

I like hearing about everybody's different holiday traditions. DH and I don't really have any. It's a lot of work...making Christmas happen. But if I didn't do it we wouldn't have it, ya know?
Fantastic Ms Mona!! we don't have traditions either.. I am cooking everything from can or frozen, except the potatoes and the green beans and the turkey and rib roast... the corn is coming from a can, the stuffing from the box, which I will add sausage too...I did a lot of cooking on Thanksgiving.. so I wanted to do it the easiest way I could.. and I bought dessert too..

Plus I am getting sicker and sicker by the moment so it will be easier for me I think.. than standing on my feet all day...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #2109

Quote:
We are going to get lots of snow today and tonight. The sun is shining right now though. hehe
I want pictures!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #2110

Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #2111

Quote:
Melinda--I've only done a rib roast once and I think we used a recipe very similar. I don't remember as it was about 5 years ago. I would say any Paula Deen recipe is safe to use, just don't overcook it. You can always take dh's piece and quickly fry it up in a frying pan to finish it more to his liking if you want. We've done that with steaks and it works great.
That is exactly what I am going to do...I want my rare standing rib roast, not some messed up piece of gray meat!!! THanks Chewie..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #2112

Quote:
we are mash potatoeing deviled egging pumpkin pie ing right now! already did some dishes UGH and got regular mornign chores done
pumpkin coffee brewing

BBL
I have to make this stuff on the day of....happy dish washing Debdoodleydo..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #2113

We don't have any tradition.. usually hubs works to give the other people who celebrate Christmas the day off...but boy I will take some scallops yummo.. pass me 50 of them!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #2114

Well I am coughing up a lung, and i don't know if I should have some coffee or hot tea...I guess I will go and lay down some..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #2115

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Tables cleaned(I have glass tables in my familyroom and they get dusty and plenty dirty cause of nachos and stuff). Oreo truffles are dipped---I did not enjoy that at all this year. The chocolate smell made me bleck. That along with the unsettled egg does not make a happy tummy today. I think I'm going to have some broth next.

I have a dozen poinsettias that we had to water. Most of them are on top of my entertainment center. DS14 helped me cause I'm not tall enough.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #2116

Deb---praying for Ken and work tonight.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #2117

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Well I am coughing up a lung, and i don't know if I should have some coffee or hot tea...I guess I will go and lay down some..
Honey in hot tea will help your cough. Plus add some ACV if you have it or lemon slice too.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #2118

Quote:
Deb---praying for Ken and work tonight.
thank you chewie
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #2119

Thank you so much Chewie!!! I have honey in the fridge.. better take that sucker out.....

Deb...I too am sending good vibes for Ken...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #2120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
We don't have any tradition.. usually hubs works to give the other people who celebrate Christmas the day off...but boy I will take some scallops yummo.. pass me 50 of them!!
You can only have 49 cuz Chewie gets one.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #2121

Lots of happy glitter for Ken Deb!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #2122

Keeping my fingers crossed for Ken at his job tonight!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #2123

Omg, gifts are finally wrapped! Woohoo! Next year I'm not giving my kid a bookcase, a computer chair, or a computer - those come in huuuuuuuuuge boxes! Thankfully DH is here to help with the lifting and flipping of those so we can get them fully wrapped.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #2124

Mona, I love all of your gifts! I love receiving books for gifts, my most favorite ting! And a cool dehydrator! DH has wanted one of these for a while now, not sure what he is planning on dehydrating though...
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #2125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Omg, gifts are finally wrapped! Woohoo! Next year I'm not giving my kid a bookcase, a computer chair, or a computer - those come in huuuuuuuuuge boxes! Thankfully DH is here to help with the lifting and flipping of those so we can get them fully wrapped.
ain't that the truth! i put Ken's generator behin my sewing machine and piled material and boxes on top of it did not even attempt to wrap it gonna print out a card while he is at work tonight and tuck it into the tree for him to read instructions on how to find it that is another reason he HAS to keep his job i put it on the CC and IDK what we would do to pay it off ya know?/ i also got him the floor pan for the 73 VW Bug and it is in a big enough box as it is
couldn't wrap Steven's tires but Santa is bringing him a small craftsman socket set for his car too
oh i bet the tree loooks soo good with those boxes under it!
Listen did you ever get a small squirt bottle for the kitteh?? works wonders and they do learn quickly
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2126

Ken's motorcycle buddy Bobby and his wife Carol brought me and ken this last night!!
[img]
they know i LOVE pooh bear and when you press his his foot he rcks and reads Piglet the book!

PERFECT PRESENT!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #2127

Deb, that is super cute!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #2128

Lony we did our gingerbread thing today LOL ours is from a kit and we aren't very precise but we always have fun doing it and making a mess

Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #2129

Oh, how fun. Such great memories!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #2130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eliza your Blaze is just a youngster. I'll bet he will eat the presents. haha!

Deb your gingerbread train looks great!

I have to go to sleep now. Cya later.
Closed Thread