Old 12-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #2071
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
What?? Stores in Cailf. are closed on Christmas Day? Here in good old Okla. we have K Mart open, Walgreens, Warehouse Market part of the day, and I hear McDonald's will open this year. When I was young nothing and I mean nothing was open. The same for Sunday's. Everything used to close on Sunday also.
and half a day on wednesday too

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #2072

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, I only sent 8 Christmas cards, so I'm not expecting many more to come to me, lol.

Btw, ladies, thank you so much for the lovely cards and the lovely messages! I meant to say that over a week ago, then the school shooting happened and I was too depressed to try. Your cards mean so much to me!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #2073

Quote:
Melinda, those potatoes are what also are known as make ahead potatoes. I make them every TG. They are SO good!!!! I make them up the day or so before and then heat them in my crock pot for 2 hrs. on low.
ooh that is a good idea! i could transfer then to the crockpot bowl and put in fridge then take them out in the morning! THANKS!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #2074

I'm not putting any gifts under the tree till Christmas Day because my kitty destroys everything and will most definitely rip through the paper. I just miss having the gifts there. For now, they are on a top shelf in my walk in closet.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #2075

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hey girls sorry I have not been on much. I have been sleeping a lot. Went to the doctor and had a whole laundry list of things wrong. He pumped me full meds and I have been trying to get better.

Sending Hugs and Mushy Junk and Happy Holiday Glitter.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hey girls sorry I have not been on much. I have been sleeping a lot. Went to the doctor and had a whole laundry list of things wrong. He pumped me full meds and I have been trying to get better.

what all did the doctor say??
Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2077

Quote:

Feel better son, sweetie!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #2078

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
what all did the doctor say??
Sinus infection, ear infection, strep and bronchitis. Good thing I don't have the flu.

I just made some hot tea with diet snapple peach tea, fresh organic honey and ACV. It seemed to help everything. I am breathing and I can swallow! I am going to keep that going for a while.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #2079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Sinus infection, ear infection, strep and bronchitis. Good thing I don't have the flu.

I just made some hot tea with diet snapple peach tea, fresh organic honey and ACV. It seemed to help everything. I am breathing and I can swallow! I am going to keep that going for a while.
Wow Lony, when you get sick you don't mess around! Feel better soon.

I did end up going back to bed for 2 hours but it took me a long time to fall asleep and then I didn't hear my alarm going off so I was about 15 minutes late for work tonight. sigh.

Eliza I was surprised at how good my cats were with the presents. They really didn't bother them at all. They did knock off a few ornaments though. Yes I am working Christmas Eve and Christmas. We already did presents though. Tee hee! I am planning on making my big ham dinner on Wed night on my day off.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #2080

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
So Mona girly, what did you get???

Good Morning ladies..3:48 am my time....and I am up! Been coughing and my back is out...it feels better when I walk around, but if I sit down and then get back OMG...don't know how I did this, but I don't have time for this...and of course the coughing isn't helping the back...so I pop some aspirin and one is stuck in my throat no matter how much I drink or try to push it down...I just wish if it was a cold or allergies it would come out already...know what I mean??

Lonykins.. when you do something you do it all the way...boy I hope you get better soon...

Sue...I never thought about the Crockpot for the mashed potatoes!!! I may try that!! You know as soon as the turkey is done, in goes the rib roast and I don't want to stand here all day and cook.. rather get most of it done and that is a great idea...

It's raining outside....and our heater has broken.. but it's all good.. when it's summer I am dying to feel this cold, so I am going to enjoy it..so I am making my last minute grocery list.. we gotta take the rental car back...I bet that market is going to be packed with people...

well I guess I will play online and find a rib roast recipe...I agree with you Mona.. I am not cooking my rib roast to death either..if hubs doesn't like the doneness he can cook his slices longer...I saw that and totally agree with you..even though no one likes their meat like I do in this house.. which is rare, I am not ruining the piece of meat...
Old 12-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #2081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
ooh that is a good idea! i could transfer then to the crockpot bowl and put in fridge then take them out in the morning! THANKS!
Deb....you just put them in the crock pot bowl when you make them. Put them in the fridge till you want to heat them up. No need to even have to transfer them.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #2082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies!!
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!!
Lony.....hugs to you! There are so many people who has this stuff that you have. I talked with a lady in K Mart who had everything that you have it seems except she also had walking phenomia.

Hugs to everyone who still isn't up to par yet!

We are waiting to see for sure how much snow they are predicting for tomorrow before DD and family decides on if they should spend the night
tonight or maybe for sure tomorrow night here. They are saying anywhere
between 3-8 inches for here. They live an hour away from here. I sure don't
want them out on bad roads. Baby Layla will be here in about 2-3 weeks!!!!!

There won't be any cooking for me come Christmas Day. Dear Son in law is making chili which will be wonderful with the snow coming in.

Everyone have a wonderful day and get to feeling better for all of you that are not well.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #2083

OMG Baby Layla will be here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #2084

CHEWIE CHEWIE CHEWIE CHEWIE CHEWIE!!!!

May I ask you something....is this how you cook your roasts??? This is from Paula Deen...

Ingredients

1 (5-pound) standing rib roast
1 tablespoon House Seasoning, recipe follows

Directions

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Rub roast with House Seasoning; place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast. Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #2085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's me again....in the quiet moments I am just thinking about all the running around, go, go, go, buy, buy, buy, and do, do, do, we do here in our country.
My DD was telling me about a friend who went to England for the holidays. She loves it there because she says everything is at such a slower pace. She says on Christmas Eve all churches are open with wonderful Christmas Eve services.
She says it is just not the crazy running and busyness we have here. I wonder if we could/would only take a step back and look at ourselves from afar what we would see. Just a thought. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer. I love Christmas and all that goes with it, but I would like to see us all slow down and remember just what it is all about. I just think we here in the good old USA have become so busy with "things" and doing things and buying things to the point where we get over tired and we then end up feeling boxed in and everything becomes a chore to us at that point.
Anyway......I plan on going and putting on some Christmas music, having a cup of coffee, enjoying the lights on my tree and just having some quiet time before I start this day. Oh....and I might have a slice of this home made bread DD brought home.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #2086

Good morning all early birds, Mona, Melindochka, Sue, and everyone else! Happy Christmas Eve day!

Sue, you are so so right. We need to get out of the go go go, buy buy buy, and do do do mode and slow down and reflect on the true meaning of this season and the blessings we have in our lives that truly matter. Some quiet time with music and lights and coffe and bread made with love sounds heavenly. And we are all looking forward to the arrival of baby Layla.

Hope your DD's family decides to spend the night with you and stay out of the snow. Walmart cashier told me yesterday we are expecting snow, too, but I need to go check the forecast. A white Christmas would be so much fun!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #2087

Melindochka, you love the cold so much, you should move to WY and see some real snow.

Mona, sorry you have to work for the next two nights In your line of work I guess it is impossible to avoid. What did you get for Christmas? If your kittehs were good with the gifts, maybe mine will be, too. We brought a laser pointer home and he goes crazy!

I need to get out of bed and go wrap gifts.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-24-2012 at 05:49 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #2088

Good morning sunshines. I love all the beautiful sentiments about Christmas being posted. The craziness is over for us now and we are just enjoying some time alone. It gives me time to reflect on what is really important to me.

Staying here in Buffalo was one of the best ideas we have had. As much as a I love my family, they pretty much look to me to make their Christmas magical. haha When Eliza was talking about her SIL all I could think was OMG, that is my sister!

As we look toward tonight and tomorrow I pray that each and every one of you find peace in your holiday and find yourselves surrounded in love.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #2089

we are mash potatoeing deviled egging pumpkin pie ing right now! already did some dishes UGH and got regular mornign chores done
pumpkin coffee brewing

BBL
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #2090

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mona, glad to see you up and about so early! Are you working on Christmas Eve or day?

Yes, it is the woman who had WLS, but she had it just a couple of months ago....but has been doing this for the last 7 years.

Glad to know someone knows what filberts are
So how is her weight loss progress going?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #2091

Quote:

oh wowo!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #2092

Good morning. Dh got up at 6 to go shopping--he's nuts. Then he comes home at 8 and wakes me to tell me he left some gifts for me to wrap in our closet. Gee---thanks. I have nothing else to do. Although in his defense, he does have to work all day today.

I cleaned the frig, made the brine for the turkey and got the d.w. going already. My egg today didn't sit well so now I'm taking a break before I continue.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #2093

Quote:
What?? Stores in Cailf. are closed on Christmas Day? Here in good old Okla. we have K Mart open, Walgreens, Warehouse Market part of the day, and I hear McDonald's will open this year. When I was young nothing and I mean nothing was open. The same for Sunday's. Everything used to close on Sunday also.
Yeah, I remember those days too. Lots of stuff is open here on holidays and all Sundays too.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #2094

Oh Lony, hope the meds kick in and you feel better real soon. That's a lot of stuff at once.

Deb--hope it goes smooth and you get it all done quickly. Are Kenny and Ashley coming for dinner?

Eliza--I agree with the go go go thing. It's crazy. We put it upon ourselves though. And stuff like fb and pinterest doesn't help as people brag about all the cool stuff they do, etc. JMHO
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #2095

Melinda--I've only done a rib roast once and I think we used a recipe very similar. I don't remember as it was about 5 years ago. I would say any Paula Deen recipe is safe to use, just don't overcook it. You can always take dh's piece and quickly fry it up in a frying pan to finish it more to his liking if you want. We've done that with steaks and it works great.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #2096

We might get snow tomorrow too. I had plenty of white christmas's in Connecticut. Almost every year was white.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #2097

So tonight we're supposed to not have meat---it's a tradition that I've done since my childhood. Although we're not having the traditional food tonight, we are having lobster bisque and sea scallops. YUM I know I'll only be able to eat a little, probably about 1/4cup of soup and 1 scallop but that'll be great.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #2098

Tonight we are going to have dips, sandwiches and play games. It is our tradition.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #2099

DH and I watched our favorite Christmas show last night: Rudolph. Although I have to say this is the first time in our 34 year marriage we did not have pizza. LOL We always had pizza when we watched it, I even remember one year it was a blizzard and dh still got us a pizza. LOL
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #2100

Normally we go to the 6:00 pm candlelight service at our church and then come home to eat. Unfortunately dh is working late tonight so no church. Sigh. I think I'll ask him to read Luke in the Bible(the birth of Jesus) tonight.
Closed Thread