Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, that's a clever idea to put the blowmold into bed for safekeeping Just imagine, it can scare the bejeebers out of you when you wake up confused in the middle of the night and see a big plastic face staring at you....

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-02-2012 at 06:50 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #182

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Visit with the parents went well. I had my broth with them while they ate dinner. My brother called too, I'm surprised he remembered. He has a really bad cold though--poor guy. So I'm packed and all set for tomorrow. It's exciting. I told dh it's my birthday---and sort of it is, a birth to a new me. Yahoo.

My thoughts are with you all. Prayers to Sue and her family. Hoping Melinda is ok. I'm hoping to come home on Tuesday but sometimes people do have to stay an extra night. I'll check in as soon as I can. Hugs.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Chewie how long after your surgery do you think you would be able to post?? how many days will you be in the hospital
I hope to be in only overnight. I'll try and check in on Tuesday but more likely, it'll be Wednesday.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Deb, that's a clever idea to put the blow old into bed for safekeeping Just imagine, it can scare the bejeebers out of you when you wake up confused in the middle of the night and see a big plastic face staring at you....
You have room in your master bedroom, don't you? I'd put him in there and enjoy him as your nightlight--unless he's too bright.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #185

Just found out the jr high football banquet is Tuesday at 7 pm. Might have been good if we'd known before today? Hope he doesn't need dress clothes since none are pressed and ready. GRRRRRR Why didn't he tell us??? KIDS!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #186

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
You have room in your master bedroom, don't you? I'd put him in there and enjoy him as your nightlight--unless he's too bright.
yeah i already said that to Ken and it would be soo cool but we will HAVE to get a dimmer bulb! LOL he lights up GREAT! and BRIGHT!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #187

Quote:
Just found out the jr high football banquet is Tuesday at 7 pm. Might have been good if we'd known before today? Hope he doesn't need dress clothes since none are pressed and ready. GRRRRRR Why didn't he tell us??? KIDS!
ACCKK!! but for Kenny's it was just like khakis and a polo?? and most showed up in jeans anyways but didn't see anyone dressed more than that
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #188

Quote:
ACCKK!! but for Kenny's it was just like khakis and a polo?? and most showed up in jeans anyways but didn't see anyone dressed more than that
Well, it's going to have to be jeans and a polo. I am not getting stuff ready right now. Dumb kids.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #189

Ok, going to say good night.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #190

good night and we will be thinking od=f you!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #191

Good night all and sweet dreams!

Chewie, wishing you a smooth surgery experience and best of luck. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and looking forward to hearing from you early this week.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I just got home from Urgent care and I have shingles. It is under my boob, so I may be taking a cue from Melinda and going naked. Wonder what my boss would think of that tomorrow?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Shingles! Ouch!! Double ouch under the boob. I hope you get over it quickly.
Chewie....I know you must be so excited!!!!
Love you Santa Deb!!! I vote for him being in your bedroom also!!
Lony....I bet you smell like cookies!!!!!!! Yum!
I didn't hear from Melinda today so now I am concerned. I bet that tooth has her down and out. Hopefully she will get in to see the dentist first thing tomorrow!
I'll be gone tomorrow. It hit me hard that there will be no more e mails from my mama. Losing your mama is just the worse thing. I always got 2-3 e mails daily from her.
Hi to everyone....kcmama, Mona, Eliza, Linda, Lynn, and I am sure I am leaving someone out. Sweet dreams.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, teenagers! Your DS's judgement will improve. He is growing up in a stable home with good parents and good role models. Everything will fall into place.
Thanks, Eliza! I really, really hope you ladies are right!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I just got home from Urgent care and I have shingles. It is under my boob, so I may be taking a cue from Melinda and going naked. Wonder what my boss would think of that tomorrow?
Wow! Well, when did you start feeling badly? did I miss that? I am so sorry to hear that. I hope either you caught it early enough or it is a very mild case or even both!!Did they give you pain killers? How are they treating it these days? Cortisone? Do you have tank tops/camis with/without shelf bra maybe that you can wear under your tops to help a little?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Visit with the parents went well. I had my broth with them while they ate dinner. My brother called too, I'm surprised he remembered. He has a really bad cold though--poor guy. So I'm packed and all set for tomorrow. It's exciting. I told dh it's my birthday---and sort of it is, a birth to a new me. Yahoo.

My thoughts are with you all. Prayers to Sue and her family. Hoping Melinda is ok. I'm hoping to come home on Tuesday but sometimes people do have to stay an extra night. I'll check in as soon as I can. Hugs.
Best of luck, Chewie. Wishing you a pain free and complication free surgery!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
No, the swelling is still with me. My knee is numb on the left side. Now, I'm having shooting pain - like a needle piercing through. I'm choosing to believe it's the healing going on in there. lol - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Trying a little heat - after I do a massage - very gentle, see how that does.

Your little Blaze is a pretty little kitty. They grow too fast - just love the kitten stage. So glad you are enjoying him - and he's a lucky kitty to have you love him and care for him. I miss having a cat.

Linda
Linda is there a possibility it's gout? Gout can happen in any joint. It causes rapid swelling, redness, heat, and incredible pain. Heat is the best thing for gout. Absolutely no ice because it causes further crystals to form in the joint. Take care.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Sadly, Santa literally splintered - had gotten so brittle and a fall out of the attic over the garage onto the cement floor did him in. I just love all your blow molds - still have a few of the Halloween left though. Also a couple Christmas - but no where as big as the ones you have. They are so neat.

Linda
Poor Santa. All the king's horses and all the kings men could not put Santa together again.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
it is a king sized bed so i thought there would be room
Deb your santa looks great! I love that vintage style artwork. Now that the idea has germinated you simply have to surprise Ken by putting Santa into bed one night. LOL.

DH and I have a little red frog that we hide all over the place for each other to find. One time he put it in my potholder glove thing. As soon as I put my hand in I felt it and screamed. Then I heard DH busting up from the other room because he realized that I had found it. What a stinker. LOL.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope to be in only overnight. I'll try and check in on Tuesday but more likely, it'll be Wednesday.
Good luck with your surgery Chewie! You know for some reason I thought I was only going to stay overnight and I was so ready to leave the next afternoon. Then come to find out I was mistaken and their standard procedure was to keep you there for 2 nights. That really took the wind outta my sails! Being in the hospital is boring. LOL.

Prayers for an excellent surgery with no complications and as pain-free of a recovery as possible.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh you poor woman. I've heard shingles are incredibly painful. Is there anything the doctor can do for it, or does it just have to run its course?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I'm at work even though I would have liked to have called in sick. I'm such a trooper! hehe.

Sue wow how great is that? Your 85 year old mother emailed you several times daily. My mom only emails me once in a blue moon to make sure I'm still OK when she hasn't heard from me in awhile. I'm sorry there will be no more emails from her. That is sad.

I hope we hear from Melinda soon.

My stirfry turned out really good. It was a really good use of the dark turkey meat. I made it in two batches because DH won't eat (cooked) carrots, peas or broccoli so I put those in mine. Also I don't have a wok, just a regular frying pan. Man did I make a mess slopping food over the edges! Maybe DH will take a hint and get me a wok for Christmas. I've been dropping hints of stuff I want. He doesn't like to get me "kitchen stuff" though, he feels like it's not a real gift. I've been saying I want a Kitchenaid mixer for 10 years! I think I will have to buy one myself if I ever want one. I never did in the past because my kitchens were always too small. But if santa leaves me out in the cold once again I just might take matters into my own hands.

Deb I love that Squeak likes to get into the family photos. My kitties do that too. Blaze does look like a mini Squeak. My cats like to sleep on me too. They jockey for the best position all night...which apparantly means almost on my face! haha. Sometimes I get too hot and I have to kick everyone off but they eventually return. That was neat to hear the lore of the silver spider.

Eliza how are you feeling today? My sore throat is pretty much gone but now it's blossomed into a full blown head cold. *achoo* I'm armed with Dayquill, soft tissues from home, and some menthol cough drops. OMGosh the sandpaper they call tissues here at work tear my nose up so I bring my own when I know I will be using a lot. Thanks to coupons I get kleenex for about $.75 a box so I don't mind if other noses in the lab use it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #203

Quote:
Lucky, feel better soon! Shingles are no fun, our great aunt had them and she was very uncomfortable. Hope you have a light case that will go away quickly.

As for the idea to go au naturel at work, sure boss will be ecstatic
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #204

Mona, feel better! Hopefully this is the last stage of this cold and by the time you wake up in the evening, you'll feel much better. Nothing wrong with calling in sick when you are sick, you know.....
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #205

Well, happy Monday, peeps! May it be a fun and successful week for all of us!

Chewie, thinking of you today!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know, Mona, there have been some really good deals on those Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers. If you see one then you should just go ahead and pounce on it. I know, men have gotten a bad rap for getting their wives some kitchen tool because some wives get furious, but I say if that is really what a woman wants then get it for her dang it. Guys get new saws, drill bits, rifles and fishing gear and those are "tools" of a trade so to speak! I had to tell my dh that I was serious (I am a practical person by nature anyway) and if I say that I want a 12 inch Calphalon saute pan (just an example) then by gosh that is what I want --not a bracelet in a style I don't like anyway. I don't want to appear ungrateful just want the money to be put to the best use. It should go towards what someone really wants/needs.

Ok, end of rant!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #207

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning Sunshines.

Mona, my DH is the same way about presents! Do you want Santa to write him a letter? hehe

Chewie, best of luck today. I am quite sure everything will go wonderfully. Sending you love and support!

Sue I am sending you lot of love and support today too!

Eliza have a wonderful day!

Deb, I like the idea of putting Santa in the bed for a joke. Or even better, set up a camera put on some fancy nightie and snap a picture for Ken for Christmas. You could title it "Dear Santa, I have been very naughty this year"!

Melindapoo, I hope you are well. I am very worried about you.

Linda and Lucky...Oh my gosh, all the healing glitter for you two monkeys!!

Kcmama, I am wishing you a very uneventful day!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #208

Quote:
what did they give you for that??
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Shingles! Ouch!! Double ouch under the boob. I hope you get over it quickly.
Chewie....I know you must be so excited!!!!
Love you Santa Deb!!! I vote for him being in your bedroom also!!
Lony....I bet you smell like cookies!!!!!!! Yum!
I didn't hear from Melinda today so now I am concerned. I bet that tooth has her down and out. Hopefully she will get in to see the dentist first thing tomorrow!
I'll be gone tomorrow. It hit me hard that there will be no more e mails from my mama. Losing your mama is just the worse thing. I always got 2-3 e mails daily from her.
Hi to everyone....kcmama, Mona, Eliza, Linda, Lynn, and I am sure I am leaving someone out. Sweet dreams.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #210

Mona i hope you get to feeling better too gosh everyone soo sick just before Christmas
Guess what ? today is going to be 77 degrees! it is warm and sunny! i have not got even 1/4 of what i need done in here i need holiday cheer and glitter iv stat!

Closed Thread