Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #2011
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
And if that is the nut, then get her peanuts!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #2012

Deb is this the recipe???

Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #2013

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Aren't Filberts nuts???? LMAO LOL!!! don't know either..
You know, I had to go google it, and it appears that filberts are hazelnuts. One learns something new every day....

I got her warm pajamas, fuzzy socks, 3 Ritter sport bars, and a 2-lb can of roasted cashews...hope she is happy with her gift.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #2014

Since the stores are closed Christmas I need to make a little menu.. I don't need to make a ton to feed an army.. I would rather munch on the turkey, if that is still good.. and the rib roast..

Ok I am going to try and do a few things...

You know what sounds good is strawberries and whipped cream with Angel Food cake...I guess I will have to hunt that down tomorrow..
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
You know, I had to go google it, and it appears that filberts are hazelnuts. One learns something new every day....

I got her warm pajamas, fuzzy socks, 3 Ritter sport bars, and a 2-lb can of roasted cashews...hope she is happy with her gift.
OMG I love those Ritter bars that have hazelnuts!!! sounds like an awesome gift Missy.. who wouldn't love that....
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #2016

Quote:
Since the stores are closed Christmas I need to make a little menu.. I don't need to make a ton to feed an army.. I would rather munch on the turkey, if that is still good.. and the rib roast..

Ok I am going to try and do a few things...

You know what sounds good is strawberries and whipped cream with Angel Food cake...I guess I will have to hunt that down tomorrow..
My favorite!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #2017

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
oh Eliza is that 2nd pic a christkindlmarkt?? i haven't been to one since Germany 22 years ago
slept late made a store list went to wally world
i need to get the kitchen table cleared and the fridge cleaned a bit
Ken didn't sleep at all last night worried about tomorrow ands all week really at his job IDk i had him take a nerve pill and he has dropped off to sleep now
it is COLD but we aren't going to get any snow still haven't heard anyhthing from kenny and Ashley and when i called them the phone is always busy

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #2018

Quote:
Phewwww.....I went to Walfarts for grocery shopping this morning between 7:15 - 8:15, then went to Target for last-minute gift shopping from 8:30 - 9:30 and, I am proud to say, got out of both places alive and before the big crowds hit!

I am staying put for the rest of the day cleaning, watching Christmas movies, and reading. Amazon will deliver a couple of gifts DH and DS's gifts tomorrow, and that's it.

We are doing a simple brunch with SIL and BIL on Christmas day with mimosas, eggnog, white-chocolate mochas, bacon, sausage, egg-sausage- crescent roll casserole I found on Pinterest, blueberry pancakes, and hash browns.

Then I'm making spiral-cut ham with ranch oven-roasted potatoes, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and green salad for an early dinner, followed by apple and berry pies with ice cream.

My sister-in-law doesn't cook, she just told me over Thanksgiving that she has no pots and pans, which doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, they don't even have a kitchen or any other table to eat at. So she is bringing the champagne and orange juice for the mimosas, as well as the eggnog. I have already planned, purchased, and will cook and clean up all the rest.

I am doing it for DH because this is his brother and we want to have family for the holidays, but this is how it's always been, and I can't help but feel used. It's not about the money I spend, but mostly about the fact that I have put in a lot of time and effort to cook for them and clean after them, as they wouldn't even lift a finger to help with the after-meal clean up.

My sister in law always eats, then says she is tired, goes to my formal living room to sleep on the couch and I have to get her a blanket. When she wakes up and hour or so later, she comes to us and tells her husband they have to leave, so they up and leave. this has happened, without fail, for the last 7 years. I feel bad for her husband, but he allows her to act this way and follows her lead. I feel like a hotel/diner where you don't get paid. She participates in no food preparation, comes over, eats, sleeps, and leaves. She is a grown 45 y.o. woman! All the cleanup is left for me.

And she wanted to come over as early as Christmas Eve and spend Christmas Eve and Day at my house. I managed to weasel out of that one.

Sorry, don't mean to complain about relatives, and have tried very hard not to, but this year somehow it's all spilling out. Thanks for letting me vent.
oh eliza i would love to come over and help cook SIGH when i was little that is how it was at Mommies whoever came over helped cook and it was such a fun time and i would help clean up too i am not one bit good at it but i would try
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #2019

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning again....hahaha I took a nap and I am feeling much better.

Eliza OMG I am so sorry the BIL and SIL what a crazy woman she is. She sounds like my sister. That is another reason why I am glad we are having a quiet home alone Christmas.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #2020

Quote:
Thanks for making me laugh, Melindochka, and for letting me vent! I've been boiling over this on the inside, especially after she texted me the long list of gifts that she wants me to get for them. Filberts she wants! I don't even know what in the world that is!
they do have coal candy ya know! and SOAP and pinterst has a recipe for coal brownies
Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #2021
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Filbert's are nuts...

and...I can't comment on the rest because it wouldn't be nice...LOL
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #2022

Quote:
YES and oh my they are soo good i think keeping them in the fridge really made the flavor even better YUM!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

Eliza OMG I am so sorry the BIL and SIL what a crazy woman she is. She sounds like my sister. That is another reason why I am glad we are having a quiet home alone Christmas.
I will see you in the conference room, in a bit.. I found out I have to go thru the mountains and take sonny boy to Matthew's house to watch football.. he sure doesn't love me.. jeesh...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
YES and oh my they are soo good i think keeping them in the fridge really made the flavor even better YUM!!!
ok cool Deb.. I have to add cream cheese and dish soap and a throw away turkey pan to my list...and oh potatoes LOL!!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #2025

Quote:
they do have coal candy ya know! and SOAP and pinterst has a recipe for coal brownies
We used to get big chunks of hard candy that was black and licorice flavored. It came in a scuttle with a little hammer.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #2026

Quote:
I will see you in the conference room, in a bit.. I found out I have to go thru the mountains and take sonny boy to Matthew's house to watch football.. he sure doesn't love me.. jeesh...
What the heck?!?! I am going to get around and take hubs out of the house. He is going insane. We are going to get the reloading stuff so he can make some bullets. Hahaha I might convince him to take me to shopko too. Just to browse. I might find something I have to have!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #2027

Quote:
oh eliza i would love to come over and help cook SIGH when i was little that is how it was at Mommies whoever came over helped cook and it was such a fun time and i would help clean up too i am not one bit good at it but i would try
You are welcome to come any time!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #2028

Quote:

Yup, a quiet Christmas would be nice. I love those two, they are family, but I object to being their mother and taking care of them all the time -at 39 and 45 years old!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #2029

Quote:
ok cool Deb.. I have to add cream cheese and dish soap and a throw away turkey pan to my list...and oh potatoes LOL!!
Good luck at the store, my friend, I'll be praying for you, it's a nightmare out there
Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #2030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks, Eliza. I really had no choice. But I will not be staying very long.

So I folded one load, other is in the dryer. Made the red velvet cookies, choc chip cookies and the magic cookie bars. I also cup up that layered fudge--wow, it came out really pretty---looks professional. I'm already tired. Wow, wonder when I'm going to get this "energy" that all these weight loss surgery patients talk about. I sure haven't gotten it yet. I need a nap and it's not even noon.
LOL Maybe they don't do as much as you do! Have you thought about that?!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #2031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Part 2 of my rant about my in-laws. Mind you, he is 39 and she is 45....

We had decided to do a gift exchange for a predetermined amount of $50, so we were trying to find out what each other would like, in general terms. I said I like Diamond brand nuts and Lindt candy bars and glittery gel pens- stuff one can find in any store, without being too demanding or specific.

Here is a text I got from her for her and her husband's gifts that I need to go buy for them:

Is it just me, or do these people think I have a whole day to run around town and buy them their specific gifts? I think if they are so picky and specifically tell me what to buy them, they can go get it their own darn self! They are not my children and I think it is rude to be so demanding and specific.

They could have just said we would enjoy pajama gifts, candy gifts, coffee gifts, and whiskey. It made me feel like she thinks I have bad taste and she needs to spell her specific requirements out for me so I don't mess up their gifts that I'm paying for.
well, Eliza, first off: Hats off to you for putting your foot down and not letting them come over on Christmas Eve! Some people are users and she apparently is one. I am sad for you but you are doing this for your dh so you get huge brownie points! Do dh and ds help with cooking and cleanup? I would try to get them items that are easily available at most stores like you listed for her to get for you guys. So pick off the list the items you know that you do not have to go out of your way to get. Or maybe next year you should put specific high end requests down as they have done and see what happens. Maybe she likes to shop those stores and so would prefer to get you something from there anyway.You never know!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #2032
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, friend Yep, I'm on vacation till January 7th!

Chews, have you ever thought of getting a Teaching certificate? It's only a few extra courses to your degree, the pay is decent, and you have many months off.
Yes, and you could just do it as a Substitute so you are essentially working PRN. I have been told by folks here that our district pays Subs more per hour than full time teachers so there you go.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #2033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

If she makes any remarks about not liking cashews take them back. You can use them to make cashew chicken and have them over for dinner and serve cashew chicken.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #2034

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
well, Eliza, first off: Hats off to you for putting your foot down and not letting them come over on Christmas Eve! Some people are users and she apparently is one. I am sad for you but you are doing this for your dh so you get huge brownie points! Do dh and ds help with cooking and cleanup? I would try to get them items that are easily available at most stores like you listed for her to get for you guys. So pick off the list the items you know that you do not have to go out of your way to get. Or maybe next year you should put specific high end requests down as they have done and see what happens. Maybe she likes to shop those stores and so would prefer to get you something from there anyway.You never know!
Thank you, friend, as always, wise advice. Holidays should not be this stressful.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #2035

I had to get up at 6 to go shopping, and now I'm beginning to nod off. Perhaps it's time for a nap!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #2036

Quote:
Good luck at the store, my friend, I'll be praying for you, it's a nightmare out there
Yeah I forgot that the rental car place opens at 7am...and then I have to take him back home, to get his car to go to work.. and then go back to the store...if I could be there by 7am it would be nice...don't know now...grrr..
Old 12-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #2037

Quote:
I had to get up at 6 to go shopping, and now I'm beginning to nod off. Perhaps it's time for a nap!
I say Schleffy time...
Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #2038

Quote:
What the heck?!?! I am going to get around and take hubs out of the house. He is going insane. We are going to get the reloading stuff so he can make some bullets. Hahaha I might convince him to take me to shopko too. Just to browse. I might find something I have to have!
My husband is home for the next 3 saturdays from teaching and I am dreading him being stir crazy....and friggen cooking 7 days a week too!! LOL..
Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #2039

Well I am going to go and take cough syrup and aspirin soon...ya know when you cough the rib cage starts to hurt...I am such an old lady!!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #2040
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, I was driving in that MO snow, and I wouldn't call it beautiful. It was complete white out.

Eliza, I believe I would tell her as soon as the two of you got through cleaning up the kitchen, you could both take a nap!!
Closed Thread