Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #1921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Morning Deb and Eliza....Ms. Sleepy Pantses!

I'm heading to bed. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1922
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
sleep tight Mona!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #1923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hey so am I!
Whoa! That is funny! guess it is true what they say then about great minds.....

Last edited by kcmama; 12-22-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #1924

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Whoa! That is funny! guess it is try what they say then about great minds.....
Old 12-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #1925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
So.......oldest received her student loan repayment info back in Nov. She only borrowed for one year. The principal amt she owes is 8527$. Her first payment is due tomorrow. Tomorrow. Has she sent it off? NO! Argh!!!! Living with procrastinators is a real pain!!!! She texted dh about him mailing it off. At least she had written out the check. Anyhow, he was reading through all of the papers and he decided that we (read I) should try to do the phone payment. We managed to do it but it still won't get credited to her account until 12/24. She needs to set up automatic withdrawal as that will save her .25%. However, I think she works until 12:30 tonight and automatic payment has to be set up before the first payment is due (which would be tomorrow). I don't know if we can still do it since we did a phone payment. Oh, well, she is paying more than double what is due anyway as she wants to pay it off in 4 years instead 10. I swear the only way she is going to learn is to get out on her own but she doesn't make enough yet....... I hate to seem like a mean mom and push her out but I think she will take things more seriously when she has to provide for herself.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
So.......oldest received her student loan repayment info back in Nov. She only borrowed for one year. The principal amt she owes is 8527$. Her first payment is due tomorrow. Tomorrow. Has she sent it off? NO! Argh!!!! Living with procrastinators is a real pain!!!! She texted dh about him mailing it off. At least she had written out the check. Anyhow, he was reading through all of the papers and he decided that we (read I) should try to do the phone payment. We managed to do it but it still won't get credited to her account until 12/24. She needs to set up automatic withdrawal as that will save her .25%. However, I think she works until 12:30 tonight and automatic payment has to be set up before the first payment is due (which would be tomorrow). I don't know if we can still do it since we did a phone payment. Oh, well, she is paying more than double what is due anyway as she wants to pay it off in 4 years instead 10. I swear the only way she is going to learn is to get out on her own but she doesn't make enough yet....... I hate to seem like a mean mom and push her out but I think she will take things more seriously when she has to provide for herself.
oh man!! eek! has she heard anything about that job overseas? i swear i wish i could send kenny and Ashley back to Spain for a year or so cause they sure made better decisions while over there KWIM? i have told them for YEARS they needed to get away from here but i am just being pushy MIL i guess SIGH they haven't said but their payments have to be due soon too shouldn't it? hmm
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #1927
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, the original recipe for custard was for one pint. I got tired of trying to multiply every year, and just made it for a gallon. Just keep dividing until you get to the size you want.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, the original recipe for custard was for one pint. I got tired of trying to multiply every year, and just made it for a gallon. Just keep dividing until you get to the size you want.
thanks Lucky! i bet it is delicious!

good grief cleaning and refilling the litter pans has kicked my hiney! i can't catch my breath
got eggs boiled to make Ken some deviled eggs LOL he probably would eat them all before Christmas and i will have to make more gah i NEED to clean the fridge before i put more stuff in
Steven has 2 brand new tires on his car! and all new lug nuts and IDK if Ken is doing this today or not but they found a lug they will have to replace ugh he did buy the new lug to put in there
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #1929
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, when does Steven get home?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, when does Steven get home?
we went and got him last night LOL funny i have been saying go to vandy for a year or more he gets back from the visit and says "hey i think i would like to go to Vanderbuilt"
how ya doing on your cooking?

Old 12-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #1931

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. 2 out of 4 loads of laundry are working. The pb kiss cookies are done as are the brownie bites and I ran out of steam. Not sure I'm up to do anymore. My kitchen is all clean too so I'm thinking it can wait till tomorrow. I still don't know what the guys are eating tonight but I think I'm going to do a repeat of last night, a piece of turkey and a lf mozz string cheese. I really enjoyed that. I didn't have lunch today cause I forgot to stop drinking water and you need an hour to eat in the middle. So I had a 30 gram protein shake and will have my supper and I should be done for today. I might have more broth and water of course.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
we went and got him last night LOL funny i have been saying go to vandy for a year or more he gets back from the visit and says "hey i think i would like to go to Vanderbuilt"
how ya doing on your cooking?

It must have been a pretty boring tour though, with everyone off for the holidays.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #1933

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Deb.. that is such a sad story.. my prayers to her family…

Lonykins.. I hope you feel better

SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I am going to see you in the office when I have some time…for sure!! That snow cocoa looks divine!!

Deb..I hope Ken does not get fired.. ..and I pray..

Kcmama.. I am on page 60 but 8 degrees sounds great to me..

Chewie.. Hope it goes well for you..Prayers…as I said I am on page 60…Chewie.. you know it’s easier to find a job when you have one…so maybe you can keep your ears and eyes open for something.. your flexible enough where you can schedule interview…it will work you..so it’s not a waste of time and energy at all.. it may clarify things in your mind. And the good thing is you stood up for yourself…

Lynn.. I lost a total of 33 dollars.. it’s waiting for you!! LOL!

Sue.. I cook my bacon in the oven all the time….

Mona.. Hello to you!!!

Lucky..I really appreciate your Turkey recipe.. I have to comb the thread and make a copy…I am hoping that some of it comes out edible.. good luck on your marathon cooking…

Lony… I looked at myself naked in front of a full length mirror.. blecko discusting…..

Sue.. I bet Sara is going to have a blast.. and the cupcakes will be delish!! I gambled 32 bucks and got nothing.. but the lady next to me…scored a 450.00 dollar jackpot.. she grabs her Iphone and starts taping it for someone she was talking to it was hilarious!!! LOL.. but not me.. I didn’t get anything…

Chewie.. I agree I have one 1 teenager and he is expensive I cannot imagine 2 and with their friends.. I don’t know where these teenage boys put food…well mine anyway..

Mona..I am making a Christmas meal too… and I am doing just plain…I have to find out if any market will be open cause I would rather buy an already bought dessert…

Lucky.. Jeese that sounds fantastic….your meal I mean….yummo…the sliced tomatoes from the garden sounds wonderful…

Lonykins…big yummo!!! I am going to make the turkey and a standing rib roast (more about that later) and mashed potatoes and corn and stuffing…and veggies and pickles and olives and a dessert.. I think that will be it.. to be honest….and maybe even to be easier.. my son likes broccoli and cheese sauce. I can buy that frozen…

Chewie.. I wanna go to the cookie factory

KCMAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG OMG OMG.. Last night in the hotel room, we got back in time for Jimmy Fallon and I nearly choked when I saw the sweater give away LOL.. anyway we have been dying to try Sonic for years now… they advertise out here but there is none.. but we know of one in Vegas.. so we went there yesterday afternoon and I got a OINK OINK…grape slushy drink….and a foot long sauerkraut and mustard and grilled onion hotdogs LOL!! YUUUUUMM and hubs got that blow your mind Chicken sandwich…!! Isn’t that funny thought?? We kind of did the same thing and we weren’t even in the same state!!

Mona… My brother served lamb last week…my poor hubs hates it and was pushing it down LOL!!!

Lucky.. I have never had grits before… I should try it.. it sounds wonderful…

Mona.. my house is such a mess.. I really need to work on that.. big time….

Lonykins.. Fred is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we came home, I sat down.. like I had been sitting in the car for 4 and a half hours..so we get out of the car hubs and I and we were hunched over.. man I almost wet my pants laughing so hard at us..so when we got in I had to sit down to laugh and the 3 Puppies came barreling in at me and hopped on top of me and gave me kisses.. even the cheapskate bossy one!!!! LOL…

Chewie.. I am so in love with white chocolate…I don’t know why.. and I have a can of condensed milk that I may make Lony’s recipe…I wonder how the syrup would taste.. I know our Smart N Finals has a whole section of them.. like 6 flavors are sugar free only.. the rest are sugary…

Chewie.. you know I love napping in a moving car.. that is my best rest.. I just conk out…next thing you know I am waking up.. but this car we rented I am so short that my neck was going thru the opening of the head rest.. and my neck was killing me and I was so pissed off cause I knew I couldn’t nap on the way back…but it was ok cause I had a standing rib roast mission LOL!!!!

Elizakins!! My Texas Cutie!!!!

Kcmama…You are NOT a mean mom..and I can totally relate and understand how you feel!!!

Deb.. I am glad he isn’t wanting to go far…I am just hoping Syracuse doesn’t accept my son…oh that’s not nice..what is meant to be is going to be… I guess….

Ok so I am back and I am going to tell you about my trip.. I missed you guys tons…please excuse typos...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #1934

Quote:
It must have been a pretty boring tour though, with everyone off for the holidays.
YEAH and get this! the director of the dang trip did not even have an admissions appointment made! so they got to talk to no one! he and one of the other chaperones and another kid took a map and did a self guided tour while the other kids just hung out in the library
IDK i thought when they said college visits they m=eant actually like if we had scheduled a visit! soo ken and I are talking about taking him down there ourselves
he is just now telling me to email his fee wavier and transcript but they are out of the admissions office until the 2nd i think there is one more part he has to get from his school counselor for there too some supplement to the common app
Old 12-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #1935

MELINDA! you are home!! whoohoo sounds like you had a great trip!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #1936

So we get there.. and my hub's sister in law said the room is under your name...and I think it's a suite.. so we get up to reservations and she looks under hub's name my name and nothing.. and so she said well the person who made this reservation what is his name.. well of course she has a hard finding that, but thankfully does.. they then whisked us away in this room, with a gorgeous Christmas tree.. gold chairs, we are sitting at this desk...and I said excuse me, but why are we here?? and she said oh this is the VIP room LMAO LOLOL!!.. Anyway we take the snobby elevator to our room...24th floor.. the highest floor.. and we walk into this suite...I could not believe it...the ceilings were high.. you walk into a living room area.. and then there is a dining room area.. and then a king size bed with chocolates on the pillow.. a table with a sink and coffee maker and Starbucks coffee.. and the bathroom don't ask.. a jacuzzi pool...marble floor OMG..I though I don't deserve this.. they made a mistake or something.. 2 weeks before Christmas is the slowest time in Vegas...so I guess when Sister in law's hubs made the reservation.. they gave him rooms that weren't sold...OMG it was beautiful...but I slept horrible.. the pillows were has high as 10 stories and soft...and you could only lower the temp to 68 degrees and it was stuffy.. I slept with no blankets or sheets.. but OMG it was like luxury...We went downstairs and I had prime rib sliders LOL!!! and it was a 50's diner.. so the guy sang an Elvis song to me!!! The next day we went to the new mob museum downtown.. kind of rooked into it.. and it was ok...we only went really because the sister and brother in law got us the room and hubs loves mob stuff..that's when we drove to Sonic.. earlier brother in law came to the hotel and gave us the Jersey Boy tickets..so we went to the Paris where it was.. and we were the first ones there. and we were waiting until they opened the doors.. and we started talking to the Usher Fay...and she was about 70 years old..and I told her that this was my birthday present.. and I was so excited.. that I had always talked about going to see it, the minute I knew it was in Vegas..we told the sister to get the cheapest seats.. I didn't care.. So this Faye comes back after she excused herself and said ok since it's your birthday I asked the box office if I can move you closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG I cried like a baby...the show was half empty...as I said it's 2 weeks before Christmas, slow time.. so we go and set down...2 cans of pepsi 10 bucks!! LOL.. anyway the show was FANFRIGGENTASSTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME.. I laughed I cried I danced I sang...Boy hubs knew I wanted to see this and he set me up good..even though money wise we had to squeeze this.. I just had such a good time for the first time in forever...so we walk out and I got a form and I am going to write a letter to the Paris Hotel praising Faye..I gave her a big huge hug.. so we walk out.. and there are my brother in law and sister in law...she is complaining about something and I am high from this experience, I said to her can you please just stop and let me basque in this good time I had..So went to a restaurant there...I didn't want to go.. the price was too high.. but they wanted to go...I had steak and fries 22 bucks...grrr anyway.. she had bought me a bracelet.. and hub's something.. and she started crying about how the other idiotic brother, her twin.. and his wife and 2 girls, what do you call that..I don't have Facebook.. but they disbanded her, defriended her, I don't know but they took her off the friend's list or something....ugh So I felt obligated to listen to it... when all I wanted to do was relive that show in my mind.. but so they ended up paying for dinner and she wouldn't take the money for the show.. and she said if I send her a gift card she is going to turn around and send back to my son...so when I got home, I gave my son some money, not much but 40 bucks..and I said to my hubs I want a standing rib roast for Tuesday...and my one store who I get my produce from had a one day sale TODAY..standing rib roast 3.99 a pound...so I made my way today in that ugly crowd and they were so huge but in the back there was this 5 pounder, well almost 5 pounds for 20 bucks and I bought it for Tuesday...

So I get back and my son said well I gotta go see you... but it's ok..he is off with friends and he can buy himself dinner now..

I HAD A GREAT TIME!!!! BUT I learned a few things on that trip...the walking I do helped me alot.. I mean alot.. but my weight needs to come off...because that is holding me back big time.. I just need to keep up my walking and watch what I eat and stop binging/starving.. I want to have more weekends like that... I want to live and have fun.. and I found out this weekend that even though I am heavy, cough cough obese.. I still can have fun.. I don't need to use my fatness as a crutch for not doing stuff.. but I need to lose the weight to make it easier.. so I can run and do like Kcmama does...

So that is that...I just had a such a great time, a blast.. and we laughed and laughed hubs and I.. and after sis in law got done complaining we did too....

So now I am back and have to figure out a menu and how to make a standing rib roast LOL...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #1937

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! It sounds like you had a great time, dispite the SIL!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #1938

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
does the arnica really work? i would have to order it online but i would if it would ease Ken's pain some
hope you are getting to feeling a bit better
Deb, I'll send you some links on Facebook. Arnica works great, it has worked for me, shouldve started it earlier, didnt think of it .....some people start taking it 3 days prior to surgery or dental procedures at the advice of their physician, and continue for about a week after. Helps reduce swelling and bruising and diminishes inflammation. I take it for sore over stretched muscles and muscle trauma.

I heard there is a cream called Penetrex that really helps with aches and pains.
Quote:
Most commonly available as a cream or ointment, arnica is used for bruises, sprains and strains, muscle aches, leg and joint aches, rheumatic pain, inflammation from sports injuries, hematomas, contusions and fracture-related oedema. Considered by herbalists as one of the primary first aid remedies, arnica is never taken internally, unless it is a homoeopathic preparation. Homoeopathic preparations are used for similar conditions, as well as pre and post surgery to prevent swelling and other side-effects.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #1939

Melindochkaaaaaaaaaaa, welcome back! Glad you had a great time and that walking has made you fit and able to walk around!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #1940

Chews, I've been away, how's your WL progressing? Looks like you are back to working around the house and cooking and doing it all. How are things at work?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #1941

Quote:
I am so glad you had a wonderful time! It sounds like you had a great time, dispite the SIL!!
I don't have Facebook.. so I can't relate to what defriending or whatever that term is.. but she was so upset.. I felt bad...I really did.. but I have my own problems with him too.. so I said my peace and feel even better LOL!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Melindochkaaaaaaaaaaa, welcome back! Glad you had a great time and that walking has made you fit and able to walk around!
My Texas Toast Elizakins.. the walking made it better.. but the weight didn't...For me there is no magic pill I just have to keep up the walking and make an effort to diet correctly...I don't.. I have the binge/starve mentality...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #1943

All right ladies I gotta figure out my meal tomorrow I want to make it a smaller meal so I can cook Tuesday....

I need to clean up my house.. it is so messy in here and maybe Lonykins is right.. she says it makes her head clear when it's not messy....
Old 12-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #1944

Love you ladies!!!! wish me luck!!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #1945

WHOOHOO melinda i don't think i have EVER seen you soo excited!!!! we are going to have to call you Queen Melinda! cause man oh man sounds like you had the luxury!! i am soooo glad you had a great time!!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
My Texas Toast Elizakins.. the walking made it better.. but the weight didn't...For me there is no magic pill I just have to keep up the walking and make an effort to diet correctly...I don't.. I have the binge/starve mentality...
I know, I think there is definitely a psychological aspect to our struggles and wish I knew how to conquer that. You're doing great, keep walking, keep moving!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #1947

Thanks Guys...I am armed with my piece of paper now I have to figure out all these meals grr..
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #1948

Quote:
I don't have Facebook.. so I can't relate to what defriending or whatever that term is.. but she was so upset.. I felt bad...I really did.. but I have my own problems with him too.. so I said my peace and feel even better LOL!!!
dudes a lady from here unfriended me this week and i asked her why because she had been acting like my bestest friend in the world and she said i was ignoring her! said i was online on FB and not talking to her not replying to her posts here
well Eliza and Lony know i am RARELY on MY FB LOl the kittehs mostly cause i can't handle the drama from inlaws only when i KNOW there is a message for me like Eliza mentioned earlier so i will go check"Debbie's" Fb i got on there saw she unfriended me and asked if she did(cause in upgrades mistakes are made all the time) and she responses back "YES i did and i am blown away you would ask why"
and i checked the last message she sent me there was like sept 5th and i had responded we had a long convo even i can't figure it out bothered me really bad for a day or two but now i am like "BLANK be cray cray" KWIM??

so was it her twin that unfriended her
Old 12-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #1949

Quote:
All right ladies I gotta figure out my meal tomorrow I want to make it a smaller meal so I can cook Tuesday....

I need to clean up my house.. it is so messy in here and maybe Lonykins is right.. she says it makes her head clear when it's not messy....
Cluttered house, cluttered mind. Clean house, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heaven!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #1950

Quote:
Cluttered house, cluttered mind. Clean house, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heaven!
I agree, that's how I feel. Currently my house is cluttered and tomorrow it's getting a good straightening 'cause I'm going cray cray and hiding in the bedroom. Clutter makes me depressed and my thinking - fuzzy!
Closed Thread