Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #1861
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 10,641
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hiya ladies. I just woke up from a nap too.

Mona I am with you, Nothing sweet near my bacon!!!

Deb, you need to have a doctor start documenting his problems with work. Things he can't do. That way you can file for SSI disability. They will ask for doctors records and letters from the doctors. They will review his case and probably deny him the first time. The second time you will need to get a lawyer and you don't have to pay them unless they approve his case.
Lony is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #1862
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 10,641
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I can't believe you are 198 lbs at 5'10 and in a 20/22. I think Amber is about that height and weight and into like a 14. I thought taller people wore smaller sizes cuz you have that weight stretched over more length. I am 5'5" currently 190 lbs and a size 16/18. Although, I am hoping to fit into a pair of size 14 jeans that I bought at Coldwater Creek today. I walked in there to look for jeans as my very favorite pair is from there. I bought them 4 years ago. All their clothes are expensive but very well made. Oh, my goodness these jeans have worn well and feel so wonderful against your skin. Anyway, the 16s were baggy somewhat through the rear and thighs and longer than I would have liked. The lady at the checkout went to the back of the store for me and found a pair of 14s. I went ahead and bought both pair as I didn't want to go wait in line again for a dressing room and get undressed again. Everything in the store was 50% off today so it was a great price on their jeans.
Well.. I am sure a few pounds have creeped back on and I probably could wear an 18 but I am much more comfey in 20-22 It hides all my bags and sags and dangley bits.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #1863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I woke up and ate a snack, took my medications, watched a show online from the Food Network....Good Eats Twas the Night Before Christmas or something like that. It was funny. I like him. Now I'm going back to bed.
Hope you feel better and get some energy back real soon, Mona.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,282
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good evening ladies....
I have been making bows or trying to! It just isn't as fun when you know you have to get some done. I am calling it a night with the bows!
Tomorrow my little Sara is coming to spend the night and Eli also! My daughter (and Harvey her cat) will also be coming in tomorrow evening. We will have a house full!
Sara and I will be making Christmas cup cakes at some point. She always looks forward to making something with Nana. A MESS is most likely what we will make!!LOL
Deb....I think looking into the disability thing is something you should do also.
Sometimes it takes a long while to get it but it would be worth it.
I think I will head on in to the bedroom and watch a little tv and hopefully go to sleep. I need to go grocery shopping early in the morning.
I sure hope Melinda hits the jack pot in Vegas!!! Wouldn't that be great!!
Sweet Dreams everyone!
Oksue is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #1865
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,875
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #1866
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm getting ready to head home to start my cooking marathon for the 24th. I have everything listed and what days I want to cook. Tonight I am going to crash as soon as I get supper fixed and cleaned up. I'll start early Saturday.
You are very organized.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #1867
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm getting ready to head home to start my cooking marathon for the 24th. I have everything listed and what days I want to cook. Tonight I am going to crash as soon as I get supper fixed and cleaned up. I'll start early Saturday.
Oh, can you share your menu? I always like to read what others make.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #1868
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning.

It's Saturday and I have a 4 day weekend. Woohoo. I didn't even know I have Christmas eve as a holiday. I've worked it all these past years. Unbelievable. Today is "Chewie's cookie factory!" I hope to get lots done.

Last night ds18 and I watched Car 2. It was so cute. I thought we'd lose interest after a few minutes but no, we watched the whole movie.

Yesterday afternoon, ds14 and I went shopping at Aldi's. Got tons of snacks and other stuff too. It's really expensive when you take a teenage boy grocery shopping. LOL

Dh has to work tomorrow from 7 am-noon, delivering express mail. There is just too much to do it all on Monday. I guess we're going to cancel the parents dinner cause they're coming Tuesday anyway. Dh can call since he's the one working.
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #1869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,084
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello ladies. Eating some leftover spaghetti right now. Just got done watching Elf. Man I love that movie. Got my laundry going for my workweek starting up again tonight. Gosh, I sure could use another couple of days off.

Well Chewie I'll tell you what I'm making. Got a ham thawing in the fridge. Just a regular, run of the mill Albertson's ham. For the sides I'm making baked beans deluxe (canned baked beans doctored up with bacon, bacon grease, onions, ketchup & mustard)--only I will eat those. DH hates beans. And I'm making some Betty Crocker potatoes augratin (from a box-tee hee). Green beans from a can. That's what DH likes. Crescent rolls. Orange jello-grated carrot-pineapple salad. And a Mrs. Smiths dutch apple pie.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #1870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,084
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning.

It's Saturday and I have a 4 day weekend. Woohoo. I didn't even know I have Christmas eve as a holiday. I've worked it all these past years. Unbelievable. Today is "Chewie's cookie factory!" I hope to get lots done.

Last night ds18 and I watched Car 2. It was so cute. I thought we'd lose interest after a few minutes but no, we watched the whole movie.

Yesterday afternoon, ds14 and I went shopping at Aldi's. Got tons of snacks and other stuff too. It's really expensive when you take a teenage boy grocery shopping. LOL

Dh has to work tomorrow from 7 am-noon, delivering express mail. There is just too much to do it all on Monday. I guess we're going to cancel the parents dinner cause they're coming Tuesday anyway. Dh can call since he's the one working.
Chewie it sounds like you had a nice time with your son. Hope the cookie factory goes well. My cookie factory went out of business for my weekend. Enjoy your 4 days off.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #1871
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello ladies. Eating some leftover spaghetti right now. Just got done watching Elf. Man I love that movie. Got my laundry going for my workweek starting up again tonight. Gosh, I sure could use another couple of days off.

Well Chewie I'll tell you what I'm making. Got a ham thawing in the fridge. Just a regular, run of the mill Albertson's ham. For the sides I'm making baked beans deluxe (canned baked beans doctored up with bacon, bacon grease, onions, ketchup & mustard)--only I will eat those. DH hates beans. And I'm making some Betty Crocker potatoes augratin (from a box-tee hee). Green beans from a can. That's what DH likes. Crescent rolls. Orange jello-grated carrot-pineapple salad. And a Mrs. Smiths dutch apple pie.
Yum
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #1872
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 10,641
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hurray Cookie factory at Chewies!!!

Mona my cookie factory went out of business too! haha
Lony is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #1873
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
I'm making ham in my new rotisserie, baked beans (soaking and cooking the beans today), cheesy potatoes, grits souffle, broccoli, sliced tomatoes from our garden that have been ripening in the basement, hot rolls, and custard. (I make the custard in my crockpot.) I asked each one of my family what they wanted. The two littlest wanted the broccoli and tomatoes and my son and my mother wanted the grits. It's not a difficult menu, but I need time to get everything done and dishes taken care of. A few years ago, I could have whipped this out in one morning.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #1874
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 10,641
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Wow lucky sounds like a wonderful menu. Monas sounds good too!

I am making ham, roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, hot rolls, yams and salad.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #1875
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Ok, friends off to my cookie factory. BBL when I need a break.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #1876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,084
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Lucky your menu sounds similar to mine but you aren't taking a lot of the convenience food shortcuts that I am.

Lony yours sounds good too. I mashed potatoes and gravy. We just had a roast beef with MP & gravy though so I wanted to do something different.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #1877
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 10,641
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Agggggggggg chewie when you get back let us know what you are making. Oh and take it easy, baking can be exhausting!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #1878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm making ham in my new rotisserie, baked beans (soaking and cooking the beans today), cheesy potatoes, grits souffle, broccoli, sliced tomatoes from our garden that have been ripening in the basement, hot rolls, and custard. (I make the custard in my crockpot.) I asked each one of my family what they wanted. The two littlest wanted the broccoli and tomatoes and my son and my mother wanted the grits. It's not a difficult menu, but I need time to get everything done and dishes taken care of. A few years ago, I could have whipped this out in one morning.
Good Morning, Lucky. When you have time would you mind posting your recipe for the grits souffle and for the custard in the crockpot? Those sound interesting and I would like to try my hand at them.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
I am thankful and grateful for our "family" time we had last night. We went to Sonic for half priced milkshakes. DS and his friend met us there and we bought them each the Holiday Mint Shakes that they wanted. Then we drove off with our shakes and went to see the neighborhood lights. One house in particular that has done a fantastic job of lighting and setting to music. You tune your car radio to a specific frequency to hear the music. It was lots of fun. We then drove up the road a bit to park and do the same thing at a local business. Their music and lights set up is more elaborate. We came home a bit after nine as oldest was having enough family time. Youngest and her dad and I cozied up on our king size bed to watch one of my favorite holiday movies, Polar Express. Then dh and I watched the end of Leno with guest Terry Bradshaw (I really, really like him) and then we watched Jimmy Fallon a bit.

I woke up around 7:30. Got up to make sure ds was getting up for swim practice. Made coffee, did some computer maintenance, Bible Study and that is all that I have done so far.

Oh, yesterday I made two batches of Reindeer Mix, one in white chocolate and one in chocolate. Delivered some food gifts yesterday and have a few more to deliver today. DS asked if he could take two packages of the Reindeer Mix, one for each coach and then says "Oh, and they have to be Vegan cuz Coach is Vegan." Well, sorry, I don't mean to seem callous but he can eat it or give it away. It is the thought that counts imho.
__________________
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #1880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Sue, looks like you are going to have some fun family time tonight as well. Have fun with Sara and Eli. How old is she?
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #1881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning.

It's Saturday and I have a 4 day weekend. Woohoo. I didn't even know I have Christmas eve as a holiday. I've worked it all these past years. Unbelievable. Today is "Chewie's cookie factory!" I hope to get lots done.

Last night ds18 and I watched Car 2. It was so cute. I thought we'd lose interest after a few minutes but no, we watched the whole movie.

Yesterday afternoon, ds14 and I went shopping at Aldi's. Got tons of snacks and other stuff too. It's really expensive when you take a teenage boy grocery shopping. LOL

Dh has to work tomorrow from 7 am-noon, delivering express mail. There is just too much to do it all on Monday. I guess we're going to cancel the parents dinner cause they're coming Tuesday anyway. Dh can call since he's the one working.
Well, Chewie, you'd better look into your employee job description and benefits a bit more then! No need to work at a decreased salary when you aren't required too, right?
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #1882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello ladies. Eating some leftover spaghetti right now. Just got done watching Elf. Man I love that movie. Got my laundry going for my workweek starting up again tonight. Gosh, I sure could use another couple of days off.

Well Chewie I'll tell you what I'm making. Got a ham thawing in the fridge. Just a regular, run of the mill Albertson's ham. For the sides I'm making baked beans deluxe (canned baked beans doctored up with bacon, bacon grease, onions, ketchup & mustard)--only I will eat those. DH hates beans. And I'm making some Betty Crocker potatoes augratin (from a box-tee hee). Green beans from a can. That's what DH likes. Crescent rolls. Orange jello-grated carrot-pineapple salad. And a Mrs. Smiths dutch apple pie.
I don't have a menu yet. I did pick up a small leg of lamb from Aldi. It is frozen. Perhaps I should get it out and move it to the fridge today. I have never cooked lamb. This one is packaged already with a rosemary seasoning. I should get something else as the kiddos may not like the lamb. Perhaps a turkey breast. Anyone cooked one in the crockpot before? I will do yams/sweet potatoes. I just bake them and we eat them like baked potatoes with butter only. I try to save the fat and calories for the desserts! Don't want to waste them on my sweet potatoes. Will probably have pickled beets, oh, and I always do green beans almondine (I don't like the green bean casserole typically served at holiday time. Shudder. However, I could eat the Fried Onion topping all day!) I need to figure maybe a couple more sides and figure out dessert.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #1883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,129
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Oh, Mona, remember, no coupons in this Sunday's paper either.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #1884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,084
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, Mona, remember, no coupons in this Sunday's paper either.
I know! But how come there were none last week?

KCMama that sounds nice...shakes and looking at pretty lights.

I've never had lamb. I'm too chicken to try new things. haha! I opened up a can of those fried onions about 10 days ago and they are half gone. They are so tasty. I don't know if I will use them for another recipe if I keep snacking on them.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #1885
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
Mona, I use the shortcuts when it is just my husband and I. I bring out the big guns for the kids and grandkids.

KC, I will be glad to post the recipes a little later today.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #1886
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Agggggggggg chewie when you get back let us know what you are making. Oh and take it easy, baking can be exhausting!
So far I made 4 dozen oreo truffles(in freezer waiting to be dipped in choc), gingerbread(in frig) and pb choc fudge. I was moving onto the next stuff but found dh used the whole bottle of canola oil I had yesterday. GRRRR So now I guess I'm going to go shower and head to the store.

Still on my list: Brownie bites, red velvet cookies(my boys call these spider man cookies cause they have white choc chips) and pb kiss cookies. I'm already getting tired and I feel a tad nauseaus. I wonder if it's the smell or what.

Lony, you are right, baking is exhausting. Especially cause I had to empty the d.w. and counter of all clean dishes first. Then I wash as I go so now my counter is back with clean dishes. LOL
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #1887
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I don't have a menu yet. I did pick up a small leg of lamb from Aldi. It is frozen. Perhaps I should get it out and move it to the fridge today. I have never cooked lamb. This one is packaged already with a rosemary seasoning. I should get something else as the kiddos may not like the lamb. Perhaps a turkey breast. Anyone cooked one in the crockpot before? I will do yams/sweet potatoes. I just bake them and we eat them like baked potatoes with butter only. I try to save the fat and calories for the desserts! Don't want to waste them on my sweet potatoes. Will probably have pickled beets, oh, and I always do green beans almondine (I don't like the green bean casserole typically served at holiday time. Shudder. However, I could eat the Fried Onion topping all day!) I need to figure maybe a couple more sides and figure out dessert.
We lamb. Our Aldi's didn't have lamb, I saw duck but no lamb. I have done turkey breast in the crock and I love it. It comes out super moist. I use the lipton onion soup mixed with a can of cranberry sauce and that's it. YUM
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #1888
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I am thankful and grateful for our "family" time we had last night. We went to Sonic for half priced milkshakes. DS and his friend met us there and we bought them each the Holiday Mint Shakes that they wanted. Then we drove off with our shakes and went to see the neighborhood lights. One house in particular that has done a fantastic job of lighting and setting to music. You tune your car radio to a specific frequency to hear the music. It was lots of fun. We then drove up the road a bit to park and do the same thing at a local business. Their music and lights set up is more elaborate. We came home a bit after nine as oldest was having enough family time. Youngest and her dad and I cozied up on our king size bed to watch one of my favorite holiday movies, Polar Express. Then dh and I watched the end of Leno with guest Terry Bradshaw (I really, really like him) and then we watched Jimmy Fallon a bit.
Sounds like fun. I offered to buy the boys milkshakes last night too but dh had made fish and chips and they were stuffed. I didn't have any of that.
I woke up around 7:30. Got up to make sure ds was getting up for swim practice. Made coffee, did some computer maintenance, Bible Study and that is all that I have done so far.

Oh, yesterday I made two batches of Reindeer Mix, one in white chocolate and one in chocolate. Delivered some food gifts yesterday and have a few more to deliver today. DS asked if he could take two packages of the Reindeer Mix, one for each coach and then says "Oh, and they have to be Vegan cuz Coach is Vegan." Well, sorry, I don't mean to seem callous but he can eat it or give it away. It is the thought that counts imho.
That's right.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #1889
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Our Christmas day menu got a little out of control. My dh got a goose which is really expensive cause it's organic. Plus I don't even like it not that I can eat alot anyway. Then I asked for a turkey breast. He couldn't find one so he got a small 12 lb turkey. Then yesterday my brother sent us a honey baked ham and my ds14 wanted the ham for christmas. I said Why not? So we sure will have lots of leftovers for sandwiches and such. I don't have the sides figured out yet---meal plan is on my to do list for today.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #1890
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: lucky51
Here you go, KC

Grandmother’s Custard

1 gallon whole milk
16 eggs, beat well
2 2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp salt

I mix everything well and put into my crock pot. I stir occasionally and it is done when it “coats the back of a spoon” as my grandmother said.

When it is through cooking, add 8 teaspoons vanilla.

When I was a little girl, my grandmother served it from a 2 quart pig pitcher. I got that pig pitcher when she died. Last year I decided I would serve the custard from the pig pitcher. My 6 year old grandson yelled, “the pig is puking custard.” That lost some of the sentimental value.

Grandmother's Grits Souffle

1 ˝ cups uncooked white grits
6 cups cold water
1 lb very sharp grated cheddar cheese
1 ˝ sticks butter
3 eggs, beaten
4 tsp seasoned salt
˝ tsp cayenne pepper (I use Worcestershire sauce because we aren’t much on pepper.)

Preheat oven to 350.Bring water to boil and add grits slowly. Cook and stir until grits thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients while the mixture is hot. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole. Bake for one hour.
lucky51 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.