Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: lucky51
KC, my title is payroll manager, but I also do a lot of HR work. Most of it is over the phone and on the computer, but I do a lot of interviewing. I had one guy come in wearing a suit and seemed to fit our needs. The first manager meeting we had, he wore a stained t-shirt and shorts. I thought my boss would explode.
lucky51 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #1832
Big Yapper!!!!
 
CinnamonSpice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,513
Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Something way better is right around the corner Chewie. They are going to be sorry when you leave for greener pastors. hahahahaha Pun intended!
LOL...that is very darn funny...
CinnamonSpice is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #1833
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, you have the perfect answer as to why you are wanting to change job. Budget restraints for a non-profit organization. Everyone understands that.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1834
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, also, right after Christmas, some of the stores have great mark downs.
Thanks. I'm really not too concerned. I'll find some stuff for the interviews. The problem will be the day to day clothes. I just don't have anything right now.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1835
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, you have the perfect answer as to why you are wanting to change job. Budget restraints for a non-profit organization. Everyone understands that.
That is so true. Thanks. I hadn't thought of it like that.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1836
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie....At least it is done and over. I know you are upset and rightfully so but you'll have to let it go for your own peace of mind and health. Just trust that you will find a better job soon. Hugs...

Does anyone cook their bacon in the oven? I never have but I think I want to on Christmas morning. If you do, do you use brown sugar on top of it? I know on Pintrest there is a recipe for that. Thanks!!
i believe melinda says she cooks it that way all the time i have done it a few times but dang haven't bought any bacon for a while too expensive

Storm was bad bad last night my outside flags that i thought was very well secured flew away! i found them over an acre away in the backyard!
we got a dusting of snow! soo while i didn't get to SEE it falling at least i got to see a bit on the ground
SIGH wind is at it again! and i have one more flag up that i cannot reach to get down even on my step ladder i bet it flies away too and Steven is still on his trip and Ken went with his friend to the knoxville mall
i gotta quit gettign Ken to get on the ladder for me his legs really can't take it IDK what we are going to do he was sent home early last night
__________________
you've gone where I will someday follow, But for now you are out of sight, Your years with me were just time borrowed, Before you returned to Heaven's light.
One day I'll see your pawprints glowing,Sparkling in the morning dew,Guiding me at my time of going, Leading me sunwards, back to you.
from a poem by S.L. Smith
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
352.8.328.300.285.275.270.265.260
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #1837
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Man that is what size I am now.

Chewie you are lucky you are a small framed person. Just think how tiny you will get. It sucks to be built like a linebacker!
I wouldn't say I'm small framed. I am short, 5'2" but I think I'm large framed. I can't fit my fingers around my wrist. Isn't that a measurement of something? lol
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #1838
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i believe melinda says she cooks it that way all the time i have done it a few times but dang haven't bought any bacon for a while too expensive

Storm was bad bad last night my outside flags that i thought was very well secured flew away! i found them over an acre away in the backyard!
we got a dusting of snow! soo while i didn't get to SEE it falling at least i got to see a bit on the ground
SIGH wind is at it again! and i have one more flag up that i cannot reach to get down even on my step ladder i bet it flies away too and Steven is still on his trip and Ken went with his friend to the knoxville mall
i gotta quit gettign Ken to get on the ladder for me his legs really can't take it IDK what we are going to do he was sent home early last night
Because of his legs? You need to look into disability retirement.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #1839
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I changed my mind about going to that tyson store. The specials weren't too great today and I just don't feel like it. DS14 is going to go with me to Aldi's and I'll stock up on snacks like nuggets, pizza bites, etc. It's cheap there and right down the road.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1840
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Breaking news: 4 killed including gunman in central Penn.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #1841
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Because of his legs? You need to look into disability retirement.
how would i do that? Ken said las t night because he had worked all his life he would never be able to get disability ya know it really seems like that is how it works at least here people who have been bums all their life are the ones who get help my cousin is 1 year younger than me and nothing wrong with her at all but too much partying and she got it someway
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #1842
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Breaking news: 4 killed including gunman in central Penn.
another school shooting??
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #1843
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
the girl from Steven's class died last night

i am not going to tell him until he gets home tonight
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1844
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
how would i do that? Ken said las t night because he had worked all his life he would never be able to get disability ya know it really seems like that is how it works at least here people who have been bums all their life are the ones who get help my cousin is 1 year younger than me and nothing wrong with her at all but too much partying and she got it someway
Well, I know for dh---he's a Federal employee, they have a website plus he has a union. There is oodles of info out there. There are also lawyers that specialize in this kind of thing. Ken is already partly disabled---from the military, right? I would maybe contact them about it.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1845
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,696
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
another school shooting??
I don't think so. I didn't read the article.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #1846
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: lucky51
Sorry, Deb. Was she a friend of Stephen's or just an acquantance? That will be so hard on all the kids in her class, especially since school is dismissed for Christmas and they can't support each other.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #1847
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
walmart wouldn't let a union within a zillion miles of it SIGH yeah he gets some VA disability that would be all we have to live on if he loses his job we can barely afford the premiums for health ins now let alone if we had to try cobra those payments are unreal

Lucky she was an acquaintance but he did know her Kenny's class had Kenny's best friend die in a car crash the year before they graduated Tony AND his sister died instantly they had him an empty chair and cap and gown draped over it at graduation

IDK but i think i am glad Steven really has no interest in driving really at least today i am glad
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1848
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I wouldn't say I'm small framed. I am short, 5'2" but I think I'm large framed. I can't fit my fingers around my wrist. Isn't that a measurement of something? lol
Oh why did I think you were taller? LOL you are still well on your way to skinny minnie land.

I can put my fingers around my wrist, but the doctor did a bone scan thingie and said I was lucky, most larger women think they have big frames but I actually do. I have big ole shoulders and being 5'10" does not help my trying to look smaller.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1849
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Frostbite.

i guess everyone is put doing Christmas stuff this evening
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hi girls. I just woke up from yet another nap. All I've really been doing is eating and napping during my time off so far. I did manage to do 2 loads of dishes though. My cold came back...or maybe it's a new one? But I just don't feel very well. I had visions of getting all sorts of stuff done and making a lot more cookies to bring into work but that's not going to happen.

Sue I bake bacon all the time. I usually cook it at 350 just until done. I've never timed it. Then I pour the grease into a pickle jar and keep it in the fridge. I only cook thick bacon this way. Never tried the brown sugar thing. I don't know if I would like it. I'm one of those weirdos who hates it when the syrup touches my bacon.

Deb I hope and pray for good news about Ken's work situation....either that they can find him a less strenuous job or he can qualify for disability. So sorry to hear that Steven's classmate died.

Chewie sorry that there was no wiggle room at all with your pay situation. I am sure you will find a better job in the near future. You are small enough now to be able to find lots of clothes at thrift stores.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, one time many years ago, I lost a lot of weight and was able to get clothes at Walmart that were very reasonable priced. For right now, an interview outfit is all you need. I wouldn't get other clothes until you know the dress code for a new job.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #1852
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
howdy mona and Lucky what are you guys doing this afternoon??
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #1853
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 53,791
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1854
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,305
Gallery: lucky51
I'm getting ready to head home to start my cooking marathon for the 24th. I have everything listed and what days I want to cook. Tonight I am going to crash as soon as I get supper fixed and cleaned up. I'll start early Saturday.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I wouldn't say I'm small framed. I am short, 5'2" but I think I'm large framed. I can't fit my fingers around my wrist. Isn't that a measurement of something? lol
Not accurate. And you will find as you are losing weight that you will lose from your wrists as well.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
how would i do that? Ken said las t night because he had worked all his life he would never be able to get disability ya know it really seems like that is how it works at least here people who have been bums all their life are the ones who get help my cousin is 1 year younger than me and nothing wrong with her at all but too much partying and she got it someway
Think positively, Deb. Who was responsible for the accident? Was anyone charged? Look up the Americans with Disabilities Act and bring it up to his employer before he gets fired. Are you all part of a Union? You may need to find an attorney who specializes in Social Security Disability. Also, does he have disability insurance through Walmart? We pay for part of it through my dh's employer for him. Explore all options Deb. Maybe Lucky and Lony have more input.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi girls. I just woke up from yet another nap. All I've really been doing is eating and napping during my time off so far. I did manage to do 2 loads of dishes though. My cold came back...or maybe it's a new one? But I just don't feel very well. I had visions of getting all sorts of stuff done and making a lot more cookies to bring into work but that's not going to happen.

Sue I bake bacon all the time. I usually cook it at 350 just until done. I've never timed it. Then I pour the grease into a pickle jar and keep it in the fridge. I only cook thick bacon this way. Never tried the brown sugar thing. I don't know if I would like it. I'm one of those weirdos who hates it when the syrup touches my bacon.

Deb I hope and pray for good news about Ken's work situation....either that they can find him a less strenuous job or he can qualify for disability. So sorry to hear that Steven's classmate died.

Chewie sorry that there was no wiggle room at all with your pay situation. I am sure you will find a better job in the near future. You are small enough now to be able to find lots of clothes at thrift stores.
I think I would love the brown sugar bacon thing. But then I looooooove syrup on my bacon and sausage. In fact, used to be the only way I could eat sausage was if it was drowning in maple syrup.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #1858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh why did I think you were taller? LOL you are still well on your way to skinny minnie land.

I can put my fingers around my wrist, but the doctor did a bone scan thingie and said I was lucky, most larger women think they have big frames but I actually do. I have big ole shoulders and being 5'10" does not help my trying to look smaller.
I can't believe you are 198 lbs at 5'10 and in a 20/22. I think Amber is about that height and weight and into like a 14. I thought taller people wore smaller sizes cuz you have that weight stretched over more length. I am 5'5" currently 190 lbs and a size 16/18. Although, I am hoping to fit into a pair of size 14 jeans that I bought at Coldwater Creek today. I walked in there to look for jeans as my very favorite pair is from there. I bought them 4 years ago. All their clothes are expensive but very well made. Oh, my goodness these jeans have worn well and feel so wonderful against your skin. Anyway, the 16s were baggy somewhat through the rear and thighs and longer than I would have liked. The lady at the checkout went to the back of the store for me and found a pair of 14s. I went ahead and bought both pair as I didn't want to go wait in line again for a dressing room and get undressed again. Everything in the store was 50% off today so it was a great price on their jeans.
__________________
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the girl from Steven's class died last night

i am not going to tell him until he gets home tonight
That is so sad. What a beautiful, beautiful young lady. Her family must be devastated.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
howdy mona and Lucky what are you guys doing this afternoon??
I woke up and ate a snack, took my medications, watched a show online from the Food Network....Good Eats Twas the Night Before Christmas or something like that. It was funny. I like him. Now I'm going back to bed.
Mona is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.