Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, my title is payroll manager, but I also do a lot of HR work. Most of it is over the phone and on the computer, but I do a lot of interviewing. I had one guy come in wearing a suit and seemed to fit our needs. The first manager meeting we had, he wore a stained t-shirt and shorts. I thought my boss would explode.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #1832
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Something way better is right around the corner Chewie. They are going to be sorry when you leave for greener pastors. hahahahaha Pun intended!
LOL...that is very darn funny...
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #1833
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, you have the perfect answer as to why you are wanting to change job. Budget restraints for a non-profit organization. Everyone understands that.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1834
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, also, right after Christmas, some of the stores have great mark downs.
Thanks. I'm really not too concerned. I'll find some stuff for the interviews. The problem will be the day to day clothes. I just don't have anything right now.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, you have the perfect answer as to why you are wanting to change job. Budget restraints for a non-profit organization. Everyone understands that.
That is so true. Thanks. I hadn't thought of it like that.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1836

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie....At least it is done and over. I know you are upset and rightfully so but you'll have to let it go for your own peace of mind and health. Just trust that you will find a better job soon. Hugs...

Does anyone cook their bacon in the oven? I never have but I think I want to on Christmas morning. If you do, do you use brown sugar on top of it? I know on Pintrest there is a recipe for that. Thanks!!
i believe melinda says she cooks it that way all the time i have done it a few times but dang haven't bought any bacon for a while too expensive

Storm was bad bad last night my outside flags that i thought was very well secured flew away! i found them over an acre away in the backyard!
we got a dusting of snow! soo while i didn't get to SEE it falling at least i got to see a bit on the ground
SIGH wind is at it again! and i have one more flag up that i cannot reach to get down even on my step ladder i bet it flies away too and Steven is still on his trip and Ken went with his friend to the knoxville mall
i gotta quit gettign Ken to get on the ladder for me his legs really can't take it IDK what we are going to do he was sent home early last night
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #1837

Quote:
Man that is what size I am now.

Chewie you are lucky you are a small framed person. Just think how tiny you will get. It sucks to be built like a linebacker!
I wouldn't say I'm small framed. I am short, 5'2" but I think I'm large framed. I can't fit my fingers around my wrist. Isn't that a measurement of something? lol
Old 12-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #1838

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i believe melinda says she cooks it that way all the time i have done it a few times but dang haven't bought any bacon for a while too expensive

Storm was bad bad last night my outside flags that i thought was very well secured flew away! i found them over an acre away in the backyard!
we got a dusting of snow! soo while i didn't get to SEE it falling at least i got to see a bit on the ground
SIGH wind is at it again! and i have one more flag up that i cannot reach to get down even on my step ladder i bet it flies away too and Steven is still on his trip and Ken went with his friend to the knoxville mall
i gotta quit gettign Ken to get on the ladder for me his legs really can't take it IDK what we are going to do he was sent home early last night
Because of his legs? You need to look into disability retirement.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #1839

I changed my mind about going to that tyson store. The specials weren't too great today and I just don't feel like it. DS14 is going to go with me to Aldi's and I'll stock up on snacks like nuggets, pizza bites, etc. It's cheap there and right down the road.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1840

Breaking news: 4 killed including gunman in central Penn.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Because of his legs? You need to look into disability retirement.
how would i do that? Ken said las t night because he had worked all his life he would never be able to get disability ya know it really seems like that is how it works at least here people who have been bums all their life are the ones who get help my cousin is 1 year younger than me and nothing wrong with her at all but too much partying and she got it someway
Old 12-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #1842

Quote:
Breaking news: 4 killed including gunman in central Penn.
another school shooting??
Old 12-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #1843

the girl from Steven's class died last night

i am not going to tell him until he gets home tonight
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1844

Quote:
how would i do that? Ken said las t night because he had worked all his life he would never be able to get disability ya know it really seems like that is how it works at least here people who have been bums all their life are the ones who get help my cousin is 1 year younger than me and nothing wrong with her at all but too much partying and she got it someway
Well, I know for dh---he's a Federal employee, they have a website plus he has a union. There is oodles of info out there. There are also lawyers that specialize in this kind of thing. Ken is already partly disabled---from the military, right? I would maybe contact them about it.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1845

Quote:
another school shooting??
I don't think so. I didn't read the article.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #1846
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, Deb. Was she a friend of Stephen's or just an acquantance? That will be so hard on all the kids in her class, especially since school is dismissed for Christmas and they can't support each other.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #1847

walmart wouldn't let a union within a zillion miles of it SIGH yeah he gets some VA disability that would be all we have to live on if he loses his job we can barely afford the premiums for health ins now let alone if we had to try cobra those payments are unreal

Lucky she was an acquaintance but he did know her Kenny's class had Kenny's best friend die in a car crash the year before they graduated Tony AND his sister died instantly they had him an empty chair and cap and gown draped over it at graduation

IDK but i think i am glad Steven really has no interest in driving really at least today i am glad
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1848

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm small framed. I am short, 5'2" but I think I'm large framed. I can't fit my fingers around my wrist. Isn't that a measurement of something? lol
Oh why did I think you were taller? LOL you are still well on your way to skinny minnie land.

I can put my fingers around my wrist, but the doctor did a bone scan thingie and said I was lucky, most larger women think they have big frames but I actually do. I have big ole shoulders and being 5'10" does not help my trying to look smaller.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1849

What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Frostbite.

i guess everyone is put doing Christmas stuff this evening
Old 12-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hi girls. I just woke up from yet another nap. All I've really been doing is eating and napping during my time off so far. I did manage to do 2 loads of dishes though. My cold came back...or maybe it's a new one? But I just don't feel very well. I had visions of getting all sorts of stuff done and making a lot more cookies to bring into work but that's not going to happen.

Sue I bake bacon all the time. I usually cook it at 350 just until done. I've never timed it. Then I pour the grease into a pickle jar and keep it in the fridge. I only cook thick bacon this way. Never tried the brown sugar thing. I don't know if I would like it. I'm one of those weirdos who hates it when the syrup touches my bacon.

Deb I hope and pray for good news about Ken's work situation....either that they can find him a less strenuous job or he can qualify for disability. So sorry to hear that Steven's classmate died.

Chewie sorry that there was no wiggle room at all with your pay situation. I am sure you will find a better job in the near future. You are small enough now to be able to find lots of clothes at thrift stores.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, one time many years ago, I lost a lot of weight and was able to get clothes at Walmart that were very reasonable priced. For right now, an interview outfit is all you need. I wouldn't get other clothes until you know the dress code for a new job.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #1852

howdy mona and Lucky what are you guys doing this afternoon??
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #1853

Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1854
Major LCF Poster!

I'm getting ready to head home to start my cooking marathon for the 24th. I have everything listed and what days I want to cook. Tonight I am going to crash as soon as I get supper fixed and cleaned up. I'll start early Saturday.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Not accurate. And you will find as you are losing weight that you will lose from your wrists as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Think positively, Deb. Who was responsible for the accident? Was anyone charged? Look up the Americans with Disabilities Act and bring it up to his employer before he gets fired. Are you all part of a Union? You may need to find an attorney who specializes in Social Security Disability. Also, does he have disability insurance through Walmart? We pay for part of it through my dh's employer for him. Explore all options Deb. Maybe Lucky and Lony have more input.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi girls. I just woke up from yet another nap. All I've really been doing is eating and napping during my time off so far. I did manage to do 2 loads of dishes though. My cold came back...or maybe it's a new one? But I just don't feel very well. I had visions of getting all sorts of stuff done and making a lot more cookies to bring into work but that's not going to happen.

Sue I bake bacon all the time. I usually cook it at 350 just until done. I've never timed it. Then I pour the grease into a pickle jar and keep it in the fridge. I only cook thick bacon this way. Never tried the brown sugar thing. I don't know if I would like it. I'm one of those weirdos who hates it when the syrup touches my bacon.

Deb I hope and pray for good news about Ken's work situation....either that they can find him a less strenuous job or he can qualify for disability. So sorry to hear that Steven's classmate died.

Chewie sorry that there was no wiggle room at all with your pay situation. I am sure you will find a better job in the near future. You are small enough now to be able to find lots of clothes at thrift stores.
I think I would love the brown sugar bacon thing. But then I looooooove syrup on my bacon and sausage. In fact, used to be the only way I could eat sausage was if it was drowning in maple syrup.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #1858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh why did I think you were taller? LOL you are still well on your way to skinny minnie land.

I can put my fingers around my wrist, but the doctor did a bone scan thingie and said I was lucky, most larger women think they have big frames but I actually do. I have big ole shoulders and being 5'10" does not help my trying to look smaller.
I can't believe you are 198 lbs at 5'10 and in a 20/22. I think Amber is about that height and weight and into like a 14. I thought taller people wore smaller sizes cuz you have that weight stretched over more length. I am 5'5" currently 190 lbs and a size 16/18. Although, I am hoping to fit into a pair of size 14 jeans that I bought at Coldwater Creek today. I walked in there to look for jeans as my very favorite pair is from there. I bought them 4 years ago. All their clothes are expensive but very well made. Oh, my goodness these jeans have worn well and feel so wonderful against your skin. Anyway, the 16s were baggy somewhat through the rear and thighs and longer than I would have liked. The lady at the checkout went to the back of the store for me and found a pair of 14s. I went ahead and bought both pair as I didn't want to go wait in line again for a dressing room and get undressed again. Everything in the store was 50% off today so it was a great price on their jeans.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
the girl from Steven's class died last night

i am not going to tell him until he gets home tonight
That is so sad. What a beautiful, beautiful young lady. Her family must be devastated.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
howdy mona and Lucky what are you guys doing this afternoon??
I woke up and ate a snack, took my medications, watched a show online from the Food Network....Good Eats Twas the Night Before Christmas or something like that. It was funny. I like him. Now I'm going back to bed.
Closed Thread