LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #1801
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ok, Ladies, received a text from my friend who had to go to the ER for pain. She has clots in her lungs and is scared as well as in pain. Please up those prayers for her. I am trying to find a good patron saint and the prayer/petition for her to use as she is Catholic.
Praying. HUGS

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i have the kindle keyboard and it is perfect it has 3G but i don't neeed that just a book reader is all i wanted and it fits in my purse

the kindle app on my computer is nice(i store the excess books there sure wish i would have gotten that cheap ematic ereader before they sold out i could have put MORE on it LOL) it has color on it but i have trouble really reading on the computer
the e ink on the kindle keyboard works perfect
That's the one I have. Dh has the smaller one without a keyboard but I bought him a fire HD for Christmas. I actually bought 2 cause I wanted one too but not sure if I'm giving it to ds or keeping it.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #1803

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I made it home, but just barely. Several places were complete whiteout conditons. There were 3 trucks off in the ditch the first mile on my blacktop. I stopped as someone was trying to pull another truck out. When the wind let up, I was on the wrong side of the road. I drove with my flashers on all the way from work. The only idiot on the road was the tanker driver who passed me. Doesn't that make you feel safe? I thought I would have to pry my fingers off the steering wheel when I got home.
I'm so glad you made it home safe. HUGS Now you need to relax.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #1804

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
That's the one I have. Dh has the smaller one without a keyboard but I bought him a fire HD for Christmas. I actually bought 2 cause I wanted one too but not sure if I'm giving it to ds or keeping it.
LOL I don't have a keyboard on mine. I am going to love it!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #1805

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ken did not get that Step removed so he can't t ransfer for six months and he says he knows he will keep making mistakes so it won't be long before he is fired oh man
Hugs and prayers.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #1806

So for my first real food since Nov 29, I had some scrambled egg. I ate about 1/3 of it and it was delicious. I was going to have clam chowder but decided I needed something more substantial---soup was too much like my shakes for 3 weeks. Tomorrow I'm going to try something else. The no drinking 30 minutes before and after is hard. I'm so used to having my water when I eat. I guess I'll get used to it.

I am stressed about the meeting tomorrow but as some wise friends have told me, give it to Jesus. It's all in His hands. So that's what I'm trying to do.

DH and ds18 went to see the Hobbit tonight. I'm so happy for them. They are such Lord of the Ring nerds.

Going to say good night.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #1807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good night all! Getting down to 8 degrees tonight! Brrrrrr.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #1808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Friday morning!!
kcmama, I'm so sorry about your friend. I pray that God will give her the strength, comfort and peace to fight this. What an awful time to be in the hospital.
Chewie...Praying for strength and peace for you today also. Your friends are so right. It is in HIS hands. It will all work out in some manner and you will deal with it as it comes.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #1809

TGIF. At work, waiting on the meeting. Prayed so much for this. Hopefully it will work out to everyone's benefit.

I tried some Greek yogurt this morning. It didn't work out so good. My tummy didn't like it so I only ate about a tablespoon. Oh well, I'll try again another time.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #1810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
TGIF. At work, waiting on the meeting. Prayed so much for this. Hopefully it will work out to everyone's benefit.

I tried some Greek yogurt this morning. It didn't work out so good. My tummy didn't like it so I only ate about a tablespoon. Oh well, I'll try again another time.
Praying for you to be filled with Peace and Acceptance. Remember that He is looking out for you. He loves you.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #1811
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:

You will do just fine... Sorry about the yogurt...I think it can be kind of acidy..is that a word?...good luck..thinking of you..
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #1812

This place stinks. They were not willing to move at all. So I'm taking a $5 an hour cut. Oh well, at least I still have a job. At least I stood up for myself and basically told them what I thought of their "committee" meeting/interview/intimidation. I also told the pastor that he needs to stop giving me stuff last minute like he does and he needs to communicate more.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #1813

Good Morning Sunshines.

Good luck happy glitter Chewie!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #1814

Quote:
This place stinks. They were not willing to move at all. So I'm taking a $5 an hour cut. Oh well, at least I still have a job. At least I stood up for myself and basically told them what I thought of their "committee" meeting/interview/intimidation. I also told the pastor that he needs to stop giving me stuff last minute like he does and he needs to communicate more.
Awwwwwww
Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #1815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Awwwwwww
It was all a waste of time and energy.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #1816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry about the pay cut Chewie. Does this pay rate put you back at what you were making before or is it even lower? I know this hurts you and makes you angry but remember that when you go to interview for another job, these people will most assuredly be contacted by the prospective employer. You have to hang in there and be nice even if you feel you have been wronged which will not be easy, but, you can do it.

I wouldn't wait to lose more weight before applying for any new job. I would start my search now and if you come across anything that you are qualified for or interests you then apply now. As my daughter told me yesterday, she regrets that she wasted a month not even looking for a job because once she started to actually go out and apply, it took two months to find a job! So, that was 3 months of lost income. You don't want to go X amount of months on a decreased income or being angry down inside all the time. In the three months that it could take for you you could very well be down 50 lbs. Don't let your weight hold you back. If it is time to move on then begin doing what you need to do now. There is no time like the present as tomorrow is not guaranteed us.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Sorry about the pay cut Chewie. Does this pay rate put you back at what you were making before or is it even lower? I know this hurts you and makes you angry but remember that when you go to interview for another job, these people will most assuredly be contacted by the prospective employer. You have to hang in there and be nice even if you feel you have been wronged which will not be easy, but, you can do it.

I wouldn't wait to lose more weight before applying for any new job. I would start my search now and if you come across anything that you are qualified for or interests you then apply now. As my daughter told me yesterday, she regrets that she wasted a month not even looking for a job because once she started to actually go out and apply, it took two months to find a job! So, that was 3 months of lost income. You don't want to go X amount of months on a decreased income or being angry down inside all the time. In the three months that it could take for you you could very well be down 50 lbs. Don't let your weight hold you back. If it is time to move on then begin doing what you need to do now. There is no time like the present as tomorrow is not guaranteed us.
Thanks for your advice.

I'm at the rate I was right before the promotion. I had worked for 4 years for $10 an hour with no raise. Last August they gave me $12 and then in November gave me the promotion that increased it to $17 an hour. Now I'm back to $12. Plus it's hourly. I was on salary although I worked about the same amount of hours anyway(20). I'm trying not to be angry. I asked if it was me or just the budget. They said it had nothing to do with my performance and they are glad I am staying. It still feels personal. Kwim?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #1818

Something way better is right around the corner Chewie. They are going to be sorry when you leave for greener pastors. hahahahaha Pun intended!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #1819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, if you need clothes for an interview, PM me what size you wear and I will look through my closet. I have business style clothes and maybe could send you something. You don't have to have a business suit to look professional. Nice blouse and dress slacks will work fine.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #1820

Quote:
Chewie, if you need clothes for an interview, PM me what size you wear and I will look through my closet. I have business style clothes and maybe could send you something. You don't have to have a business suit to look professional. Nice blouse and dress slacks will work fine.
Awwww that is so sweet.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #1821

Quote:
Awww, you are such a sweetie pie. I guess I'm in a 20-22 now. I was a 24 but they're getting big now. 2x tops are usually ok. I guess I need to go out thrift shopping soon too.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1822
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, sorry, I don't think I can help you. What I have would be too big. When I moved 3 years ago, I discarded a lot that size. I'm sure you could find something at the thrift store. Do you do Catherines? I order a lot from there when they put things on a really good sale. They email me all kinds of specials. I just got my daughter some tops for $12.99.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie, also, right after Christmas, some of the stores have great mark downs.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Awww, you are such a sweetie pie. I guess I'm in a 20-22 now. I was a 24 but they're getting big now. 2x tops are usually ok. I guess I need to go out thrift shopping soon too.
Oh, just another thought -- what size were you when you were offered the job at the University last year anyway? They had already interviewed (seen/met) you and you were still offered the job.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, that is so nice, generous and thoughtful of you! Lucky, what do you do at your day job exactly? Are you in HR?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1826

Man that is what size I am now.

Chewie you are lucky you are a small framed person. Just think how tiny you will get. It sucks to be built like a linebacker!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #1827
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
We can learn alot from things like this...it just might not be apparent at the time...you can bide your time...when one door closes...another one opens...I have gone through many doors.....just a new path...that's all...
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie....At least it is done and over. I know you are upset and rightfully so but you'll have to let it go for your own peace of mind and health. Just trust that you will find a better job soon. Hugs...

Does anyone cook their bacon in the oven? I never have but I think I want to on Christmas morning. If you do, do you use brown sugar on top of it? I know on Pintrest there is a recipe for that. Thanks!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie....At least it is done and over. I know you are upset and rightfully so but you'll have to let it go for your own peace of mind and health. Just trust that you will find a better job soon. Hugs...

Does anyone cook their bacon in the oven? I never have but I think I want to on Christmas morning. If you do, do you use brown sugar on top of it? I know on Pintrest there is a recipe for that. Thanks!!
Yes I bake bacon in the oven. I find I can fit 7 slices per cookie sheet. Depending on the thickness of the bacon it can take anywhere from 15-25ish minutes.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks kcmama! I just looked up a recipe. It says to line sheet with foil and spray. Bake for 17-22 minutes on 400*. I'm not going to mess with the brown sugar.
At my age you would think I would have tried baking it already at least once in my life!!
When are you leaving for Texas? Did you say you are going to Houston? If so you have a LONG drive!!!
Closed Thread