Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Mona - you sure do get a lot accomplished when you're home for a few days. You are such a good co-worker - not making someone else come in to work. And you cook goodies for them. They are lucky to have you too. Hope you start feeling better real soon. Cute story about cutting your own tree, now to decorate. I cheated this year - just got a lil bitty one - will have to do - cause all our decorations are in storage - still. But - look at you - first year in your new house, bet you'll have it all decorated real soon.

Linda

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, looking at Squeak is like looking at Blaze. They are identical. And the exact same face! I don't know how I'll handle an 18-lb. cat jumping on my lap, though
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Aw Deb, what a great present. I had one like this a long time ago. Wish I still had him. No wonder you are so excited. How did they do that without you knowing about it? Sneaky huh? But a good sneaky. As always - all your pictures are so fun to look at and enjoy. Thanks for posting them.

Linda
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Thanks Eliza, I'm going to try some massage on my knee. Didn't even think about it. Worth a shot that's for sure.

Hope all your doctoring will work and you'll feel better tomorrow.

Linda
Thanks, sweetness

You feel better, too Has the swelling gone down any?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #155

I'm wearing my pedometer today, started around noon and already have over 3200 steps. Goal was 2,000 but they've been going fast with my chores around the house, so perhaps 5,000? I've also been walking back and forth like Melindochka in the house....I have a 60- foot hallway running front to back door, so I've been walking up and down, up and down.....
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #156

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Aw Deb, what a great present. I had one like this a long time ago. Wish I still had him. No wonder you are so excited. How did they do that without you knowing about it? Sneaky huh? But a good sneaky. As always - all your pictures are so fun to look at and enjoy. Thanks for posting them.

Linda
STeven needed practice in the car cause he has to renew his permit or get his licence this month and Ken had him drive to London(41 miles away) and they hit the flea markets and vendors malls between here and there and they found him at one. i stayed home and played on the computer. soo cool you had it before what happened to him??
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Thanks, sweetness

You feel better, too Has the swelling gone down any?
No, the swelling is still with me. My knee is numb on the left side. Now, I'm having shooting pain - like a needle piercing through. I'm choosing to believe it's the healing going on in there. lol - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Trying a little heat - after I do a massage - very gentle, see how that does.

Your little Blaze is a pretty little kitty. They grow too fast - just love the kitten stage. So glad you are enjoying him - and he's a lucky kitty to have you love him and care for him. I miss having a cat.

Linda
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
STeven needed practice in the car cause he has to renew his permit or get his licence this month and Ken had him drive to London(41 miles away) and they hit the flea markets and vendors malls between here and there and they found him at one. i stayed home and played on the computer. soo cool you had it before what happened to him??
Sadly, Santa literally splintered - had gotten so brittle and a fall out of the attic over the garage onto the cement floor did him in. I just love all your blow molds - still have a few of the Halloween left though. Also a couple Christmas - but no where as big as the ones you have. They are so neat.

Linda
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
KC - you know when I read about all the upsets with ds, sure does bring back so many memories of my oldest ds. I do know exactly what you mean - 'doing an awful lot of praying'. Always pushing the rules, testing the limits of your patience. You are doing a good job, don't ever think you're not. My son often tells me now- or asks me - why did he have to get smart so late. Getting through those teen years is not easy for a lot of us.

Linda
Linda, thanks so much. You don't know how much I appreciate your experience. I pray you are right. Currently, he is his own worst enemy. His judgement is just so bad!

Deb, great looking Santa!! Wow, where did they find it? Online? He looks awesome all lit up.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #160

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hi ladies, I am home finally. I am exhausted!

Working with someone who has never done a thing in the kitchen before can make things go a loooooot longer than I would like. hehe

We didn't get everything done but we did get the lemon blackberry thumbprint cookies done, three kinds of fudge, butter toffee and peanut brittle. So all in all not a bad day.

I am so sorry everyone is not feeling well. I hope that Melinda is ok.

Deb nice santa, are you leaving it in your living room?

Linda, I hope you get some relief soon!

Eliza great job on your walking.

Chewie, good luck tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Linda, thanks so much. You don't know how much I appreciate your experience. I pray you are right. Currently, he is his own worst enemy. His judgement is just so bad!

Deb, great looking Santa!! Wow, where did they find it? Online? He looks awesome all lit up.
Awww Kcmama. I am so sorry about your son driving you crazy. I would expect so much from the DD because I knew what she was capeable of. After a while I finally just prayed and let her make her own decisions. Some children are just bent on being right about everything no matter what we try to tell them. This too shall pass.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #162

i am tempted to leave him in the living room! no room though i told Ken he could be in the middle in the bed that didn't go over so well! i am afraid to put him outside! i don't want anything to happen to him! i love him and the little teddy bear too!
oh i wish you could teach me some of those things Lony!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #163

Linda, this comes from the Livestrong foundation:
Quote:

Water on the Knee

Water on the knee can result from many different health concerns ranging from trauma, osteoarthritis to other health conditions in which fluid builds up in your knee area. Soft swelling around your knee cap is a symptom of water on the knee, according to the Mayo Clinic. Using natural remedies for water on the knee will not require immense expense and allow your body the chance to heal. All the remedies can be done in the comfort of your own home. Always consult your doctor before relying solely on natural remedies.
REST
Rest plays an important role in healing your knee. You need to avoid weight-bearing activities when your knee is swollen and/or painful, according to the Mayo Clinic. As soon as you injure your knee, stop doing whatever you were doing. Rest your injured knee immediately. This will reduce your inflammation and knee joint stress. Rest will give your injured tissues a chance to mend. Periods of immobilization, otherwise known as rest periods, help your body form needed scar tissue. Rest periods depend upon the severity of your knee injury. If your injury is mild, you may need only one day rest. Severe injuries may need longer.
ICING
Icing offers many natural healing benefits. Icing offers pain relief without the side effects that drugs may provide. Icing also helps reduce your knee's swelling, according to the Mayo Clinic. As a cold therapy, you need to use icing every two to four hours. Apply ice to your injured knee for 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Apply ice immediately after your knee injury. Place ice cubes into a towel, use bags of frozen vegetables or use ice packs. Do not place ice directly onto your knee to avoid ice burn, according to the physical therapy site thephysiotherapysite.co.uk. Ice burn results in skin damage. When using a towel, remember to wring it out thoroughly to prevent overicing. Make certain your knee is above heart level when applying icing.
ELEVATION
Elevation needs to be included as a natural remedy for your water on the knee. Elevating your knee counteracts gravity by returning blood to your upper body. Elevating helps prevent pressure on your injured knee while also reducing your knee swelling, according to thephysiotherapysite. Within the first 72 hours after your knee exhibits symptoms, elevate your knee by placing it above heart level. The sooner you apply elevation after your injury, the quicker the results will be. Either sit or lie down. Place your injured knee onto a pillow or pillows. Do this throughout the day for best results.
PROTECTION
Protecting your knee plays an important role. Start using crutches or another walking device to take pressure off of your knee, according to thephysiotherapysite.co.uk. Knee braces may help, according to the Mayo Clinic. The amount and time spent on protecting your knee will depend upon the degree of your injury's severity.
STRENGTHEN YOUR QUADRICEPS
Strengthening your quadriceps will help support your knee, according to the Mayo Clinic. Your quadriceps are your thigh muscles. Do a quadriceps tensing exercise. Sit upright with your legs extended in front of you. Tighten the thigh muscle on your injured leg. Hold this tension for six seconds. Release the tension. Relax for 10 seconds. Repeat this exercise six times.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-02-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Awww Kcmama. I am so sorry about your son driving you crazy. I would expect so much from the DD because I knew what she was capeable of. After a while I finally just prayed and let her make her own decisions. Some children are just bent on being right about everything no matter what we try to tell them. This too shall pass.
Absolutely. I am looking into seeing a Counselor though and he agrees (for now).
Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #165

Kcmama I think that is a great idea. Sometimes teens keep things inside they simply cannot tell their parents about feelings etc. Having an outlet for him is an excellent resource for both of you.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #166

Quote:
i am tempted to leave him in the living room! no room though i told Ken he could be in the middle in the bed that didn't go over so well! i am afraid to put him outside! i don't want anything to happen to him! i love him and the little teddy bear too!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #167

it is a king sized bed so i thought there would be room
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #168

Quote:
it is a king sized bed so i thought there would be room
With Ken and all the animals I don't think there is room. LOL Mike would say there is only room in our bed for one fat man and it aint Santa.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #169

Quote:
With Ken and all the animals I don't think there is room. LOL Mike would say there is only room in our bed for one fat man and it aint Santa.
LOL since Lucky and Ken's kitteh Fuzzknot don't get along we keep the door to Kenny's old room shut soo there are at most 3 kittehs in bed with us Steven gets the rest! but then again Squeak(he gets along with everyone so he goes through all the house LOL) makes up for 2 or even 3!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #170

LOL Tip is actually bigger then Squeak. Last time I weighed him he came in at a whopping 21 pounds. No wonder I wake up with back pain. The fat cat likes to sleep on me.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #171

Quote:
LOL Tip is actually bigger then Squeak. Last time I weighed him he came in at a whopping 21 pounds. No wonder I wake up with back pain. The fat cat likes to sleep on me.
oooh we needz more pictures! and Squeak is still pretty young only 2 give him time! he has grown as much in length as i think he will now he needs to follow Eversole tradition and grow OUT lol
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #172

Sissy and Fuzzknot sleep on my back keeps me warm!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #173

i don't think Squeak would wear this outfit
Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #174

Quote:

KC, teenagers! Your DS's judgement will improve. He is growing up in a stable home with good parents and good role models. Everything will fall into place.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #175

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Woohooo, congrats. I'm glad they found you something so cool and unique.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I'm wearing my pedometer today, started around noon and already have over 3200 steps. Goal was 2,000 but they've been going fast with my chores around the house, so perhaps 5,000? I've also been walking back and forth like Melindochka in the house....I have a 60- foot hallway running front to back door, so I've been walking up and down, up and down.....
That's fantastic and just think, you're not even feeling your best either. Wow, I'm impressed.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #177

Quote:
Do you have a porch you can put him on?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #178

Quote:
Absolutely. I am looking into seeing a Counselor though and he agrees (for now).
Good luck, kids can be so hard sometimes.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #179

Chewie how long after your surgery do you think you would be able to post?? how many days will you be in the hospital
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Do you have a porch you can put him on?
very narrow one or the back one that no one can see LOL i have plenty of yard but lol i am possessive of him already!
Closed Thread