Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Oh Mona I do hope you feel better..,my hubs has bad bad leg cramps..those are painful

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #1682
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I thought I was beginning to get over the shingles, and tonight I am broke out a lot worse.
Lony, that gingerbread house is too cute for words.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #1683

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I thought I was beginning to get over the shingles, and tonight I am broke out a lot worse.
I hope you feel better soon Lucky. I am sure it is frustrating as all get out.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello! I'm up early. My back hurt because I have to sleep on my back now...usually a side sleeper but can't because of the bursitis. I will most likely have to take a nap because I am still pretty sleepy.

Oh and also I had a leg cramp. In my inner thigh! Ouch! I can fix the ones in my calf but how do you move your inner thigh to ease a cramp? LOL. I got up and took some calcium. I've been slacking on it lately. My muscles always remind me by cramping up.
You need more bananas! Oh and the best way to get rid of leg cramps...How do I put this....

Ummmmmm try an O. Works like a charm.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #1685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Oh, no. I am so sorry.Is that typical of shingles? I don't know much about it other than that it is painful. I really hope you get over it quickly.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #1686
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks Babe.. I know you will....well I am going to walk a bit more and get dressed so I can drop him off at school.. run to the small Walfarts... and then to Smart N Finals to look at their turkeys and then to Ralphs to look at their prime rib....and I have cramps cause naturally tomorrow we leave...
Have a great time, Melinda...we are headed there next Friday for New Year's...warm up the machines for me...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1687
Big Yapper!!!!

Lony...your gingerbread houses are magnificent...hi to all...I just breezed through the last few pages...so, I hope I didn't ignore anyone that said anything I should comment on...sorry if I missed something important....nite for now.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #1688

I am going to say good night. Have a great evening.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1689
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm feeling more tired these last 2 days. I'm not sure why. Maybe emotions? I don't know how to psych myself up for that stupid meeting on Friday morning. How do I convince myself not to feel intimidated??? ACCCKKKK

Plus I'm feeling lazy and like a slug because I just don't feel like doing the christmas treats. I asked the boys for their list and made it but don't know if they'll get done. And then that makes me feel guilty and sad. Grrrrrrr Why is life so hard sometimes????
Chewie...I guess this is important.. It's all a mindset...picture them going potty...learn to arch your eyebrow when they say something stupid...value yourself...I don't even know you..and yet I know you put your all into whatever you have to do...not too many people intimadate me...so...I don't like to hear you are intimadated either...that's a lot of poop... You are a beautiful, caring person...who will not be walked all over...if you offer a half way deal...then plan your exit in your head for a few weeks or months down the road...at least you will have some income...until you find something else...onwards and upwards woman!

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #1690

Good Morning Sunshines. Up before the chickens. We are going to Billings today and Mike want's to beat the crowds. Sounds like a plan to me.

I delivered the gingerbread houses yesterday and they were a HUGE hit.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #1691

Melinda if I am not back before you go have a very safe trip filled with lots of fun!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning All. Just got up and checked with the news. SNOW DAY!!!! I am going back to bed. Have a good trip, Melinda!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #1693

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning and Happy Thursday!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Morning All. Just got up and checked with the news. SNOW DAY!!!! I am going back to bed. Have a good trip, Melinda!
Snow day!! Really? How much snow do you have? According to national weather service youare susposed to get like an inch.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #1695

Deb, so sorry to hear Ken may be losing his job. Hoping things turn out well so you don't have to worry.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #1696

Quote:
I want a snow day, too! Lucky girl!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #1697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Snow day!! Really? How much snow do you have? According to national weather service youare susposed to get like an inch.
Up again. Well, truthfully, probably only two inches. However, we got lots of sleet first. I woke up at 3:00 hearing some weird sound. It was sleet pelting the windows. The problem was that it was snowing hard with 40-50 mile wind gusts at the time kids would need to be going to school. Visibility was poor. If it had been like it is now they might not have cancelled school. Just was too dangerous at the time. Especially for the buses and for the teen drivers. They were due to dismiss at 10:30 today anyway for Christmas break. Just a pain for the High Schoolers as they had two final exams left to take. Now they will take those on Jan. 3. News reporting lots of cars getting stuck especially trying to go up hill.

I was laughing last night with the reports from Denver. One foot of snow overnight and people were up clearing walkways etc to go to work and school. A foot of snow here and it could be days before your street gets cleared. And school would definitely be cancelled.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #1698

OMG I am having a KCmama kind of morning...and it's only 6:21 am....so I got up, made a small pot of spaghetti and meat sauce and a tuna noodle casserole....then I made copies of the directions and phone numbers to the sister in law's house....then I did some packing.. not all...thank goodness for lists...now I am going to take my son to school and then stop off and get milk and cereal for him...and then come home and finish packing.. take a moment for myself there to shampoo and do all that...I am tired....

Vegas water is horrible.. I never feel clean and my hair if I wash it up there feels dirty and it gets flatter than a board.. so I have to give my hair a good scrub here..what little I have left...

So but I will be back in a few.....

Lynn.. I have never ever won anything up there...I always say ok Lord, this is the time when a jumbo jackpot would be good and nothing ever happens.. we aren't going to gamble.. we don't have enough to gamble.. which is fine by me....but I do love to play Pai Gow Poker.. but next time I will...then I am going to miss Sonny boy....so but I am going to have a good time....TOM or not...

Thanks Ladies....

Deb.. fingers and prayers that he doesn't.. because I know from experience how that feels....I know how its not even about pay or whatever it's about supporting the family and everything else.. from my heart I am saying major prayers....

Ok back to packing...
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #1699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, another bit of good news...... I am down 4 lbs from yesterday.I couldn't believe it! I could tell last night as my pj pants were not as tight as the night before. So I have another reason to be happy today!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #1700
Big Yapper!!!!

Funny you should say that about the Vegas water...at least in the hotels...my hair comes out fabulous compared to here at my apt. complex...and I even have a water filter in the shower here...older pipes and lots of whatever in the water I guess...I can tell the difference right away in Vegas...my hair is fluffier and my skin is even better.

I have lost more than I have won...that's for sure...I won 1k at least twice...once at 4:30 a.m....all by myself...could have knocked me over with a feather.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #1701

Congrats Kcmama...

Lynn.. oh not for us.. we feel dirtier and our hair comes out horrendous..so I wash it here and then when we get home I wash it again..even my husband's family their hair is as flat as a board...

Ok onto school!!! The last final of this semester.. last December I will be driving him there.. this is the year of the lasts...ok back in a bit
Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #1702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Melinda! You are busy!! I know how you feel. And then you have such mixed feelings. Excited to go do something you like but then worrying about your child(ren) who are not going to be along.

My goodness my cell phone has sounded messages 8 times since I have been down here this morning. Guess I should check them out.

The news is talking about "snownadoes" from our heavy wind gusts. Lots of delayed and cancelled flights at KCI. A FedEx plane off the runway. Visibility was so bad that people looking out the windows at the airport couldn't see the planes parked right there at the gate. So..... even though we only got two inches we had blizzard conditions for a few hours.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #1703
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone!

Mona and Lucky.....hugs to you both on feeling better soon!!
kcmama, I had wondered if you got snow. No snow here but the
wind is awful!!!! Enjoy your snow day.
Melinda....if you are still at home, have a wonderful Vegas trip!!!!
Lony.....you know what I think of your Ginger bread house!!! Adorable!!!!!!!

We had a nice visit with my MIL yesterday. We feel like we have a hang over today of course with making such a fast trip. Today I need to finish cleaning a little here in the house.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #1704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn, a friend of mine is back in the hospital. Most of my messages are related to that. She is asking us to pray for relief from the pain. I may have mentioned her on here in the past. Bless her heart (and that is not sarcastic) she has been near death's door 3-4 times in the last 3 years. She has trouble with her pancreas. We all thought that her last surgery had fixed everything but now this is twice back in ER/hosp. in the last month. Not good news for her or her family. I hope she will be home in time for Christmas. She has had to spend the holidays in the hospital before. If you don't mind adding my friend Karen and her family to your prayer lists I would be grateful.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #1705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello. Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. DH joined me later and turned on our new space heater. It was nice and toasty. I can't figure out how to work it. All the buttons look like hieroglyphics to me. So far I'm enjoying my lazy, relax day. My house is a mess but I'm not doing a darned thing about it today. I did fix DH and us some real food before I slept. I had 2 cube steaks I fried up for us, and used up the last of the mashed taters and gravy. Now I have to start thawing stuff for the next couple of days. I am SO in the mood for stuff with ground beef but I don't have any. I guess it will be chicken instead.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #1706

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Oh no, Lucky, hugs and praying it gets better.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #1707

Morning. Dr appt went well. Although I don't like the way they do it. I guess it's easier but they put a ton of people at the same time, move us through like cattle and then we have to wait in the conference room till everyone is done. Then the nutritionist comes in and talks to us. There is one lady that is a know it all that is just so annoying.

I lost 16 pounds which is good--per my surgeon. I thought it would be more but I have unrealistic expectations. Now I have to really ramp up exercise so I can get stronger and get more energy.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #1708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines. Up before the chickens. We are going to Billings today and Mike want's to beat the crowds. Sounds like a plan to me.

I delivered the gingerbread houses yesterday and they were a HUGE hit.
I'm sure they were.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Chewie...I guess this is important.. It's all a mindset...picture them going potty...learn to arch your eyebrow when they say something stupid...value yourself...I don't even know you..and yet I know you put your all into whatever you have to do...not too many people intimadate me...so...I don't like to hear you are intimadated either...that's a lot of poop... You are a beautiful, caring person...who will not be walked all over...if you offer a half way deal...then plan your exit in your head for a few weeks or months down the road...at least you will have some income...until you find something else...onwards and upwards woman!
Thanks. I'm going to try very hard to be strong. I have low self esteem and I guess that's my problem.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #1710

Quote:
Woohoo. I saw a few flurries when I got out of the dr office.
Closed Thread