Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #1621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks Babe.. I know you will....well I am going to walk a bit more and get dressed so I can drop him off at school.. run to the small Walfarts... and then to Smart N Finals to look at their turkeys and then to Ralphs to look at their prime rib....and I have cramps cause naturally tomorrow we leave...
What a great price on that Prime Rib. Hope you find one you like. Are you just gone for the weekend?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #1622
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Well I guess I shall get my tookus in gear and get to decorating. I would like to have all baking stuff cleaned up by tonight. As much as I love to do these things, the stuff sitting around everywhere gets to me after a while.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #1623

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Dh has gone in early the last 2 days---they are super busy but it'll calm down after Christmas. Luckily, he's been taking ds14 to school for me. So this morning, I went through all the misc paperwork and paid all the bills. YUCK but at least it's done.

I forgot to mention the Krispy Kreme donuts that came into my house yesterday----4 dozen. 3 were glazed and 1 dozen chocolate frosted. OMG. I didn't even look. I did see the boys with donuts in their hands but stayed away. Dh took a dozen to work today and there are 2 dozen left. I'm going to take some to the parents later and maybe freeze the rest???
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 12-19-2012 at 08:31 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Wow Melinda, I can tell you I don't miss the days of having a chopper fly over looking in the groves for some criminal. I am glad you are all safe and sound!
I have never had that happen to me even when I lived in CT.
LOL I loaded the barn up with candy because there are kids in the house. I put the nuggets on just for you.
Your barn is adorable.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #1625

Quote:
We lived in central California for over 10 years on 40 acres of orange trees. Anytime someone commited a crime they would head for the trees. We always had the police flying over and spotlighting into the groves looking for people.

Once someone was looking into the windows of the girl across the field. Her dad and brother came home and caught him. He started towards our house. Mike saw the commotion and got the shot gun. He met the perp halfway across the field and cocked the shotgun and told the guy...

You are headed towards my house and I gaurentee you are not going to make it. The guy dropped to the ground and Mike held him there till the cops showed up.
Wow
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #1626

Quote:
Oh the teen breakdown takes a long time to recover from. At lest I know it did from me. It is funny how you think you are a fairly intelligent person, until you have a teen ager.
My brother and I were just talking about this the other day. He said he tells the kids that work on the refuge: you're the smartest you're ever going to be right now so enjoy it---they just don't get it cause they really do believe they know EVERYTHING. LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #1627

I'm feeling more tired these last 2 days. I'm not sure why. Maybe emotions? I don't know how to psych myself up for that stupid meeting on Friday morning. How do I convince myself not to feel intimidated??? ACCCKKKK

Plus I'm feeling lazy and like a slug because I just don't feel like doing the christmas treats. I asked the boys for their list and made it but don't know if they'll get done. And then that makes me feel guilty and sad. Grrrrrrr Why is life so hard sometimes????
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, I believe I would ask the two men if everyone else on staff is taking a 30% paycut. I would also remind them I turned down a job offer because of the salary they offered me to stay. If you can keep from getting emotional, that would help also. Make a list of all the things they are asking you to do each week.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #1629

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Kcmama.. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon.. maybe around 2pm.. with hubs and me and TOM...and we will go up to Vegas.. and see the show on Friday....and then leave Saturday... my son will be here by himself.. because he hates my husband's family and right now at his age he hates Vegas...

So I went and bought snacks and made sure there is plenty of food for sonny boy.. plus in the morning I am going to make a small pot of spaghetti and a tuna casserole too....now I just have to pack...bleck..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #1630

Hurray! I am done.

Melinda I am so sorry that you have to take Auntie Flo with you on your trip. That has to suck.

Chewie, I hope things take an upswing soon.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Deb
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #1631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello girls.

So Lony guess what? I have bursitis. I'm going on anti-inflammatories for 2 weeks and starting physical therapy.

I wish I didn't lose my big post earlier. I don't have the energy to recreate it. I'm very very tired and need to go to bed soon.

One of the big pieces of news I had was that it snowed yesterday! It's mostly all melted now though. But that was pretty neat.

Melinda I hope you have a great trip! Sorry about the extra visitor but what can ya do?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #1632

Aww Mona, I am so sorry. I know exactly how it feels.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #1633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
OK my barn is done.

WOW - absolutely beautiful. You are the gingerbread queen Madam.

Pity the poor parents though - can we talk about a sugar high? I keep going back to look at it to see what I missed seeing the first few times.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #1634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, ladies. I have decided that I am doing a quick Atkins Induction for the next few days. Last night my pj bottoms were terribly tight. I looked dreadful in the mirror. So, even though I have been telling myself that I am "low carbing" I have been eating too many carbs and too many sugary ones at that. So, I am doing induction hoping to get off maybe 5 lbs. More would be nice but that prob won't happen in a week. There. I have put it out there and you all will have to help hold me accountable.
Does that mean that you are going to be accountable on here? Posting what you eat, etc? You are a strong lady to do this in the middle of the holidays. We will crack the whip for you - go get cracking......

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #1635

Thank you Miss. Linda

I will post pictures of the house in a little bit. I need to clean up and take a nap. LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #1636
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh the teen breakdown takes a long time to recover from. At lest I know it did from me. It is funny how you think you are a fairly intelligent person, until you have a teen ager.
The really good part though is when they finally GET that they were such a pain in the tuckus at times. My ds tells me too bad he had to get older to get smart. Hang in there gals - it will all turn around. Some days you really do wonder though.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Kcmama.. you had tons of kind words for me.. this is really a hard issue for me to deal with, him wanting to leave a million miles away....it seems that all the kids here, I mean by all your kids in this thread... went local or want to, but mine wants to sail off...

I say Drinks!!!
Melinda - wish I had some words of advise, but I don't. It's just plain hard - I had one leave me to go to Colorado and the other little bugger had to up and go to Florida. They always came home - and left - Mom is a crier - so - the goings were always hard for me - always. At least now, I have one that is close and I still get choked up lots of days when he leaves because he's a cop. No wonder my hair is getting grayer and grayer........Our kids are ours for a short time - they spread their wings and fly and you want them to - but - it's still so hard.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #1638
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well I guess I shall get my tookus in gear and get to decorating. I would like to have all baking stuff cleaned up by tonight. As much as I love to do these things, the stuff sitting around everywhere gets to me after a while.
You're turning into a real slacker......lol.........wish I had your energy.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #1639
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. Dh has gone in early the last 2 days---they are super busy but it'll calm down after Christmas. Luckily, he's been taking ds14 to school for me. So this morning, I went through all the misc paperwork and paid all the bills. YUCK but at least it's done.

I forgot to mention the Krispy Kreme donuts that came into my house yesterday----4 dozen. 3 were glazed and 1 dozen chocolate frosted. OMG. I didn't even look. I did see the boys with donuts in their hands but stayed away. Dh took a dozen to work today and there are 2 dozen left. I'm going to take some to the parents later and maybe freeze the rest???

They freeze great Chewie - I just put them on a piece of parchment till frozen - then put them in a zip lock bag.

Are you excited to be going to the doc tomorrow - maybe the first time ever? Think I sure would be, just to see that scale victory.

Sorry to hear you're kinda blue today. Lucky had some good thoughts on the meeting with the finance people. Just keep telling yourself - 'I can do this, I can do this' and you will.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello girls.

So Lony guess what? I have bursitis. I'm going on anti-inflammatories for 2 weeks and starting physical therapy.

I wish I didn't lose my big post earlier. I don't have the energy to recreate it. I'm very very tired and need to go to bed soon.

One of the big pieces of news I had was that it snowed yesterday! It's mostly all melted now though. But that was pretty neat.

Melinda I hope you have a great trip! Sorry about the extra visitor but what can ya do?
Aw Mona - ouch, ouch.......been there - that's no fun. And - keep the snow out west will you please? Same with Lony - keep it there. As a matter of fact - everyone just keep your snow - I don't want any icy yucky snow this winter. Am I dreaming or what? I'm willing it away, think it will work?

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #1641
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - hope you are feeling so much better........If I remember correctly - you had to take Ken for his apt 4 hours away. That has to be an exhausting day for both of you.

Sue - dh and I like to do the morning breakfast too. Hope you are having a nice time with dh's family. How far do they live from you?

Eliza - I hope you aren't watching all the news when you get home. I watched a bit last night - and nope - just could not do anymore. Too heartbreaking......hugs at this difficult time for all teachers.

LInda
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #1642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, I believe I would ask the two men if everyone else on staff is taking a 30% paycut. I would also remind them I turned down a job offer because of the salary they offered me to stay. If you can keep from getting emotional, that would help also. Make a list of all the things they are asking you to do each week.
Ok, back from the grocery store runs. Most of the groceries put away. Yep, my thoughts too. I would bring up why all of a sudden they need to cut your salary by 30% when it has not really even been a year since they raised it, has it? Gently bring up the fact that you did turn down a job for this one, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello girls.

Oh, goodness, Mona! I am so sorry to hear about the Bursitis. However, it is nice to have a diagnosis though, right? I sure hope the anti inflammatories kick in soon for you! Good thing most all of your holiday things are done so perhaps you can take meds and rest and you will feel lots better much quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Does that mean that you are going to be accountable on here? Posting what you eat, etc? You are a strong lady to do this in the middle of the holidays. We will crack the whip for you - go get cracking......

Linda
Um, well, I hadn't thought about posting what I am eating. Was just going to tell you all if I went off plan. Should I post what I am eating?

Quote:
Thank you Miss. Linda

I will post pictures of the house in a little bit. I need to clean up and take a nap. LOL
Congrats on finishing another Gingerbread Masterpiece! Can't wait to see it!!!!

Quote:
Aw Mona - ouch, ouch.......been there - that's no fun. And - keep the snow out west will you please? Same with Lony - keep it there. As a matter of fact - everyone just keep your snow - I don't want any icy yucky snow this winter. Am I dreaming or what? I'm willing it away, think it will work?

Linda
And here I am wishing for snow. Any kind of precipitation really. Ok. Maybe not an ice storm but.....we are so dry here. We are waiting to see what happens with this storm. They keep changing arrival time and accumulations. We would happily take all your snow. Could you send that memo out for us?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ok, back from the grocery store runs. Most of the groceries put away. Yep, my thoughts too. I would bring up why all of a sudden they need to cut your salary by 30% when it has not really even been a year since they raised it, has it? Gently bring up the fact that you did turn down a job for this one, etc.

Oh, goodness, Mona! I am so sorry to hear about the Bursitis. However, it is nice to have a diagnosis though, right? I sure hope the anti inflammatories kick in soon for you! Good thing most all of your holiday things are done so perhaps you can take meds and rest and you will feel lots better much quicker.

Um, well, I hadn't thought about posting what I am eating. Was just going to tell you all if I went off plan. Should I post what I am eating?

Congrats on finishing another Gingerbread Masterpiece! Can't wait to see it!!!!

And here I am wishing for snow. Any kind of precipitation really. Ok. Maybe not an ice storm but.....we are so dry here. We are waiting to see what happens with this storm. They keep changing arrival time and accumulations. We would happily take all your snow. Could you send that memo out for us?
KC - lol - what are we - ying and yang? Is that what I'm thinking of or am I totally off course there? If they could just figure out a way to keep it off the roads - I wouldn't mind it a bit - also the driveways and sidewalks. Don't want much, do I?

As far as posting your eats - hey - it might give a few of us some incentives to - ummm - get on board the wagon......ME, ME, ME - what you would really need is a big old 2x4 and whack me with it a few times. Proving once again - nothing is easy.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #1644
Major LCF Poster!

Lony - OMWord - how could you finish that so quickly - I barely got the slacker off my fingertips and I come back to see that you are yelling "I"M DONE"........no one needs to light a fire under you.............you are gingerbread queen - and we hear you roar. I still have gone back a few more times to check and see what I missed on the barn. What a gift you are giving.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #1645
Major LCF Poster!

I'm off to make stinky smelly salmon patties. Why does something that good have to smell like that when you open a can? And it's the Alaskan red sockeye.........so - hold your noses..............with a broc/caul/ham/ch/on salad........and those swedish cukes - was that you Lony that put that recipe up? My ds loves it - we all do - so thanks. Not even going to do any carbs - well - except for the crumbs in the patties.......maybe sliced tomatoes. We'll all be shining with all that healthy food.

What did everyone else make for dinner? I love to read what you all are making - you all give very good ideas. Thanks.

Linda
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #1646

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Linda. I am making that egg pie tonight again, but a smaller one just for me.... the one Chewie listed and I made on Sunday.. but I am not using 6 eggs though and I am going to try it with sausage.. man that is so good..I can't wait...

I am trying to pack but I don't feel like it but I am going to do my toiletries now...and the rest of my clothes....

I got my snacks...OMG I swear...I overbought that it feels the duffel bag I wanted to use for my toiletries and the snacks!!! LOL!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #1647

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
sorry guys had to take Ken to VA appointment 4 hours away yesterday then last night coming back gah there was a huge wreck on interstate that delayed getting back by 2 additional hours sigh Kens legs are worse and looks like he might be losing his job IDK what we will do then neither me nor Steven have had any lucj=k even getting a fast food job

called about getting Steven's next phase of his licence and our licencing ceter is COMPLETELY shutting down next Friday is their last day and they are giving no more road tests how awful is that ? we already had to go over 35 miles away now the nearest one is 45 miles away! and they are booked until FEB! sooo we will renew his permit SIGH next week(cant tomorrow or friday he is going to VANDY for a visit who is betting on the number of pictures i will get???) and i will renew mine at the same time but man that burns my hiney
STRANGE about my ear nose tooth thingie going to Johnson City?? halfway there NO PAIN whatso ever! and then last night coming back once we crossed the mountain? pain started coming back?? soo it is some kind of pressure thing? and i need to move to johnson city?? LOL but i did finally get an appointment at the doctor next Wednesday 1pm SIGH they won't see me until 4 knowing them but i will try
hopefully he won't write obesity on anything or our ins won't pay SIGH
maybe he can get me in for a mamo before the new year and we can get it paid for cause our out of pocket is almost completely paid up

Ken's knees are killing him from those chicken shots this time hopefully he won't have too hard of time tonight at work
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 12-19-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1648

Quote:
Lony - OMWord - how could you finish that so quickly - I barely got the slacker off my fingertips and I come back to see that you are yelling "I"M DONE"........no one needs to light a fire under you.............you are gingerbread queen - and we hear you roar. I still have gone back a few more times to check and see what I missed on the barn. What a gift you are giving.

Linda
Well then I took a three hour nap so yah, sacker should be tattooed on my forehead.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #1649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
sorry guys had to take Ken to VA appointment 4 hours away yesterday then last night coming back gah there was a huge wreck on interstate that delayed getting back by 2 additional hours sigh Kens legs are worse and looks like he might be losing his job IDK what we will do then neither me nor Steven have had any lucj=k even getting a fast food job

called about getting Steven's next phase of his licence and our licencing ceter is COMPLETELY shutting down next Friday is their last day and they are giving no more road tests how awful is that ? we already had to go over 35 miles away now the nearest one is 45 miles away! and they are booked until FEB! sooo we will renew his permit SIGH next week(cant tomorrow or friday he is going to VANDY for a visit who is betting on the number of pictures i will get???) and i will renew mine at the same time but man that burns my hiney
STRANGE about my ear nose tooth thingie going to Johnson City?? halfway there NO PAIN whatso ever! and then last night coming back once we crossed the mountain? pain started coming back?? soo it is some kind of pressure thing? and i need to move to johnson city?? LOL but i did finally get an appointment at the doctor next Wednesday 1pm SIGH they won't see me until 4 knowing them but i will try
hopefully he won't write obesity on anything or our ins won't pay SIGH
maybe he can get me in for a mamo before the new year and we can get it paid for cause our out of pocket is almost completely paid up

Ken's knees are killing him from those chicken shots this time hopefully he won't have too hard of time tonight at work
Deb, I am sorry to hear about Ken's position at work. Have you looked into unemployment and disability filings to see what you will need to have/do ASAP?

Air pressure changes definitely affect sinuses. Going over mountains no surprise you noticed something. I don't understand what obesity has to do with a sinus infection and health insurance? In all the years I worked in a medical office and helped in the insurance/billing we never had a case of an obese patient being denied ENT care due to being obese. Don't you pay contributions each month for health care?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #1650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well then I took a three hour nap so yah, sacker should be tattooed on my forehead.
You are not a slacker. No way. No how Miss Type A!
Closed Thread