Gallery: lucky51
Definitely to pretty to eat.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #1593
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Thank you Lucky. I am going to have to decorate the second house tomorrow. I am beat and Mike is home.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #1594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello all.

ARG! I just hit send on a post I've been working on and off for about an hour. I lost it because it logged me off. It doesn't do that to me at home. *SIGH* Well I don't have time to replicate it right now, I'm at work.

Talk to ya later.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #1595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning all.......
We are getting ready to leave for the day.
Have a good day all!!

Lony, OMG....look at that roof and those lamp posts!!! Now that is just too cute!!!!
Turn the Christmas music up and start that house now!!!!! Have fun!!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #1596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning all.......
We are getting ready to leave for the day.
Have a good day all!!

Lony, OMG....look at that roof and those lamp posts!!! Now that is just too cute!!!!
Turn the Christmas music up and start that house now!!!!! Have fun!!
There you go bossin me around already this morning.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #1597

Good Morning Sunshines. It is a brisk 12 degrees outside! Getting Mike up and around for work. I guess we all know what is on my schedule today.

Good morning Mona, have a great rest of your day!

Sue have fun on your outings.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #1598

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning ladies....

Well after hours of trying to find out why I was barricaded in my house...we found out that there was a parolee ran away from his parole officer while whipping out a gun.... and I am looking at pictures of all the police cars across the street, parked directly from the house across from mine...anyway...

Lonykins.. My eyes went directly to the Hershey candies!!!! Man that is awesome!!! everything the Christmas tree the lamp post, the Hershey candies!!! wow....

Morning Mona...

Sue...Have a giant good day... I am dropping off my boy to school.. and then I am going to Walfarts and Smart N Finals to see that turkey.. if there is a tiny one....

Man my son told me yesterday that his second choice of school is Syracuse.. New York...I couldn't talk to him the entire evening....better find myself a boyfriend or something...
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #1599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines. It is a brisk 12 degrees outside! Getting Mike up and around for work. I guess we all know what is on my schedule today.

Good morning Mona, have a great rest of your day!

Sue have fun on your outings.
Lony, I was never back on last night after I posted a request for progress pics. Just now getting on. That barn is adorable!! I looooooove it!! I am like Sue, I love the roof and the lamp post. What are the swirly things that form the walkway to the barn? Oh, and the horses are great as well. Is the gingerbread tinted red? It appears to be. So the folks you are making it for, do they have kids?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning ladies....

Well after hours of trying to find out why I was barricaded in my house...we found out that there was a parolee ran away from his parole officer while whipping out a gun.... and I am looking at pictures of all the police cars across the street, parked directly from the house across from mine...anyway...

Lonykins.. My eyes went directly to the Hershey candies!!!! Man that is awesome!!! everything the Christmas tree the lamp post, the Hershey candies!!! wow....

Morning Mona...

Sue...Have a giant good day... I am dropping off my boy to school.. and then I am going to Walfarts and Smart N Finals to see that turkey.. if there is a tiny one....

Man my son told me yesterday that his second choice of school is Syracuse.. New York...I couldn't talk to him the entire evening....better find myself a boyfriend or something...
Wow Melinda, I can tell you I don't miss the days of having a chopper fly over looking in the groves for some criminal. I am glad you are all safe and sound!

LOL I loaded the barn up with candy because there are kids in the house. I put the nuggets on just for you.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lony, I was never back on last night after I posted a request for progress pics. Just now getting on. That barn is adorable!! I looooooove it!! I am like Sue, I love the roof and the lamp post. What are the swirly things that form the walkway to the barn? Oh, and the horses are great as well. Is the gingerbread tinted red? It appears to be. So the folks you are making it for, do they have kids?
The swirly things are marshmallows. I found them at the dollar store. The reindeer and the santas were on the tops. I just thought they were too cute not to use.

I did make the gingerbread red. It was easier than trying to frost the whole barn.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #1602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning ladies....

Morning Mona...

Well, Melinda, that is a pretty typical teen. They want to get out into the world, go someplace different. Did I tell you that now my son has mentioned Oregon more than once? (There are plenty of days I wish I could pack him up and ship him there now! LOL) He knows a few kids who are being recruited by Oregon for sports. They were telling him how awesome the locker rooms are...... yeah, that is my kid, bases his college choice on automatic clothes racks in the locker room......If he turns out to be successful it will be all the Lord's doing, not his or ours!!! We will call it a modern day miracle!

He has three finals today 1)College Algebra where he has an A of 90.7 going into the final that HE HAS NOT STUDIED for 2) Weights and 3) Chemistry where he tells me he has a 75. He has not studied for Chemistry either but has calculated that he would need to score a 30 to drop below a C. Lord help us. I mean really. He has a 75 in a difficult class and he hasn't studied. What could he do if he would apply himself?! Seriously, if I hadn't studied in Chemistry there is no way I could have even had a 75. I would have flat out flunked the class. He has been given brains, talents, abilities but he doesn't use them!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #1603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow Melinda, I can tell you I don't miss the days of having a chopper fly over looking in the groves for some criminal. I am glad you are all safe and sound!

LOL I loaded the barn up with candy because there are kids in the house. I put the nuggets on just for you.
What?!! Where did you used to live? What did you used to do?! We don't live that far from a major highway/interstate so the only helicopters I am used to seeing are the ones doing traffic reports!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #1604

Quote:
What?!! Where did you used to live? What did you used to do?! We don't live that far from a major highway/interstate so the only helicopters I am used to seeing are the ones doing traffic reports!
We lived in central California for over 10 years on 40 acres of orange trees. Anytime someone commited a crime they would head for the trees. We always had the police flying over and spotlighting into the groves looking for people.

Once someone was looking into the windows of the girl across the field. Her dad and brother came home and caught him. He started towards our house. Mike saw the commotion and got the shot gun. He met the perp halfway across the field and cocked the shotgun and told the guy...

You are headed towards my house and I gaurentee you are not going to make it. The guy dropped to the ground and Mike held him there till the cops showed up.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, ladies. I have decided that I am doing a quick Atkins Induction for the next few days. Last night my pj bottoms were terribly tight. I looked dreadful in the mirror. So, even though I have been telling myself that I am "low carbing" I have been eating too many carbs and too many sugary ones at that. So, I am doing induction hoping to get off maybe 5 lbs. More would be nice but that prob won't happen in a week. There. I have put it out there and you all will have to help hold me accountable.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #1606

Kcmama....That is so funny because New York is like on the other end of the world to me.. and Oregon must feel the same for you...well my son figures this....since he has A/P US Government, for instance, that even if he gets an 87 which is a B, it's really gong to be an A.. cause you get the extra point for the A/P class.. my hubs has tried to tell him till he is blue in the face...that you should always strive for the A to get the extra point...know what I mean?? their sense of reasoning is unbelievable...and funny because my son stood right in front of me the other day and said well this class I am not worried about I would have to score a 60 on the test to bring the grade down!! OMG...see your right...they all have the same tendencies.....

My son wants to go to USC so bad.. because since his friend is living on Campus and has gone down to see her...he has fallen in love with the campus LOL!! I said have you seen any other campuses????

I am sure your son will do fine Kcmama... you are an awesome knowledgeable Mom..
Old 12-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #1607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We lived in central California for over 10 years on 40 acres of orange trees. Anytime someone commited a crime they would head for the trees. We always had the police flying over and spotlighting into the groves looking for people.

Once someone was looking into the windows of the girl across the field. Her dad and brother came home and caught him. He started towards our house. Mike saw the commotion and got the shot gun. He met the perp halfway across the field and cocked the shotgun and told the guy...

You are headed towards my house and I gaurentee you are not going to make it. The guy dropped to the ground and Mike held him there till the cops showed up.
Oh, wow! Sure glad you don't have that lifestyle anymore.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #1608

Quote:

I am going to go to Walfarts and buy some for the trip now!!! LOL.. since it's going to be in the low 50's in the daytime it's not going to melt.. LOL

I just had visions of someone breaking down my door.. cause I tell you something there is only one dog that would probably even think of protecting us in my house.. my biggest fattest dog would have ran to my son's closet...
Old 12-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #1609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda, thanks for your kind words. I wish we all lived closer so we could meet for coffee/drinks and build each other back up after our teens are done tearing us up.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1610

Oh the teen breakdown takes a long time to recover from. At lest I know it did from me. It is funny how you think you are a fairly intelligent person, until you have a teen ager.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1611

Kcmama.. you had tons of kind words for me.. this is really a hard issue for me to deal with, him wanting to leave a million miles away....it seems that all the kids here, I mean by all your kids in this thread... went local or want to, but mine wants to sail off...

I say Drinks!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #1612

Lonykins.. I could mush you up too..
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #1613

Quote:
Oh the teen breakdown takes a long time to recover from. At lest I know it did from me. It is funny how you think you are a fairly intelligent person, until you have a teen ager.
A teen's logic is unreal.. especially to one like mine who analyzes everything that is said and yet doesn't see things big picture. my son isn't a big picture person..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #1614

Melinda no matter how far away from home they go, they always come back. I think that they are itching to spread their newly found wings and fly. I always craved adventure and so I flew, and flew. Whenever I had troubles with the kid I just remembered what it was like to be a teen. Granted teens today are different, but the feelings are the same.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #1615

I hear you Lonykins.. and my head knows your exactly right...my heart sinks as each day goes on and on..but as I said many times before.. it's just a cue to start thinking about me now and the rest of my life..and maybe cutting off this weight.. well I mean losing the weight, taking a class...etc etc etc..hoping the economy gets better and get a nice job..... I raised him well.. so far knock wood..it's all I can do.. but then heart just cries knowing the time will come.. and I am going to be an emotional mess....
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #1616

Ok save my spot I am going to walk some now..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #1617

Well Melinda, you know that when the time comes we will be there for you.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #1618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Well, Melinda, that is a pretty typical teen. They want to get out into the world, go someplace different. Did I tell you that now my son has mentioned Oregon more than once? (There are plenty of days I wish I could pack him up and ship him there now! LOL) He knows a few kids who are being recruited by Oregon for sports. They were telling him how awesome the locker rooms are...... yeah, that is my kid, bases his college choice on automatic clothes racks in the locker room......:pIf he turns out to be successful it will be all the Lord's doing, not his or ours!!! We will call it a modern day miracle!

He has three finals today 1)College Algebra where he has an A of 90.7 going into the final that HE HAS NOT STUDIED for 2) Weights and 3) Chemistry where he tells me he has a 75. He has not studied for Chemistry either but has calculated that he would need to score a 30 to drop below a C. Lord help us. I mean really. He has a 75 in a difficult class and he hasn't studied. What could he do if he would apply himself?! Seriously, if I hadn't studied in Chemistry there is no way I could have even had a 75. I would have flat out flunked the class. He has been given brains, talents, abilities but he doesn't use them!!
Are you talking about University of Oregon? If your son is going to be playing sports I'm sure he will love the facilities. Phil Knight (Of Nike's fame) has pumped millions into the UofO sports facilities. They live like kings and have private tutors and stuff. Meanwhile the regular students sort of get the shaft. There are hour long lines to see the tutors in the learning centers and stuff. They've done newspaper articles on it but I don't think anything will really change. Everything is for the sports teams because they bring in so much fame and money.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #1619

Quote:
Well Melinda, you know that when the time comes we will be there for you.
Thanks Babe.. I know you will....well I am going to walk a bit more and get dressed so I can drop him off at school.. run to the small Walfarts... and then to Smart N Finals to look at their turkeys and then to Ralphs to look at their prime rib....and I have cramps cause naturally tomorrow we leave...
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #1620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Are you talking about University of Oregon? If your son is going to be playing sports I'm sure he will love the facilities. Phil Knight (Of Nike's fame) has pumped millions into the UofO sports facilities. They live like kings and have private tutors and stuff. Meanwhile the regular students sort of get the shaft. There are hour long lines to see the tutors in the learning centers and stuff. They've done newspaper articles on it but I don't think anything will really change. Everything is for the sports teams because they bring in so much fame and money.
Yes. That would be the place. I need to look into tuition there. Wondering how expensive it is.
Closed Thread