Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #1291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Mike said ok! But he qualified that by saying he gets to go too!
Well, ok! I didn't see that one coming. LOL My dh went to make me happy and be with me (cuz he is nice and sweet like that) but I found him rolling his eyes about going to Disney a few times. I was figuring Mike wouldn't want to go either and so figured we could time the trip during one of those two week periods he is gone. Then you wouldn't be so sad and depressed (like this year). Although, I am considering Disney CA for next year and so is dh......just a heads up. How far is that from your stepdaughter and the grandbabies?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #1292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ooooooooh, Deb, that is really nice! Red and white is what I decorate with outside. I need that for my black front door, don't you think? Last night at dh's office party they had a silent auction. Different departments had decorated wreaths and the starting bids were $25. All monies went to the Fox 4 Love Fund. I thought that was really a neat idea!! I wonder if I can do a wreath like that?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #1293
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i bet you can EASY! just a blank wreath and those unbreakable ornaments and some wired mesh! and a cute Santa figure

have you seen this tree?? if i hadn't been in such a terrible place this year i was gonna do this for one of my trees
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #1294

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, ok! I didn't see that one coming. LOL My dh went to make me happy and be with me (cuz he is nice and sweet like that) but I found him rolling his eyes about going to Disney a few times. I was figuring Mike wouldn't want to go either and so figured we could time the trip during one of those two week periods he is gone. Then you wouldn't be so sad and depressed (like this year). Although, I am considering Disney CA for next year and so is dh......just a heads up. How far is that from your stepdaughter and the grandbabies?
Just a few hours from them but Disneyland sucks. Sorry, but once you have been to DisneyWorld nothing else can compare.

I figured out why I was in a funk. I have not watched White Christmas! I am watching it on TV now and the spirt has hit I have no idea where my copy of the movie went so I am going to have to get one tomorrow!!!

Psst. I say we sneak away while Mike is at work
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #1295

lony it is on netflix instant!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #1296

I don't have netflicks. I have to steal internet from the Holiday Inn and to do that I have to use a boosted wifi antena.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #1297
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Melinda..you would know this place..just got back from Fashion Island in Newport Beach...it crossed my mind when we got there...people would never expect a shooting here...right after they lit the Christmas Tree for the night...all hell broke loose...everyone ran by us yelling about gunfire...so we decided we should get the heck out of there too...by the time we got to our car..two helicopters were in the air..and we passed a zillion cop cars..it is on the news now.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 12-15-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Melinda..you would know this place..just got back from Fashion Island in Newport Beach...it crossed my mind when we got there...people would never expect a shooting here...right after they let the Christmas Tree for the night...all hell broke loose...everyone ran by us yelling about gunfire...so we decided we should get the heck out of there too...by the time we got to our car..two helicopters were in the air..and we passed a zillion cop cars..it is on the news now.
OMG LYNN!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #1299
Big Yapper!!!!

Considering the recent happenings...people were in a panic...as far as I can tell...only one person got trampled after people started running because of gunshots fired into the air in the parking lot...we were on the opposite side of the mall by the tree near the new Whole Foods....so didn't hear anything until people started screaming and running by us.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #1300

Good Morning Sunshines!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #1301

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lynn.. I have never down there.. but I saws it on the news.. man this craziness has got to stop.. how scary is that....I am so glad your ok..

Kcmama.. I know right, about not knowing that school...and I watch college football and basketball.. but if I said CSUN...no one would know that....so many schools.. I was watching a football game against like Toledo something...I asked my son when we will know....about acceptance or not.... and he said he didn't know...he applied to all of them himself I did nothing LOL but after the counselor said everything looked good.. gave him the credit card and I sat and watched him do it..I am hoping like Deb, he at least hears from one of them with a positive as well.. but he has blinders only for USC...

Well just a good morning.. I am on my way to one of the stores where I get my produce I need like 6 things.. so I thought I would go down there.. took an inventory of my meals yesterday and found I had most of the stuff...Hubs is home until middle afternoon and then he is going to play Santa today....

Lynn.. I love the av OMG that looks wonderful...

Anyway so good morning to you ladies...
Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #1302

Heya Lonykins...
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #1303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! A gray and foggy one here. Most likely the reason I was able to sleep in until 8:10. I am showered and dressed and waiting on my coffee. Am considering putting in a load of towels to wash, but, oldest brought down a great deal of her dirty laundry yesterday and dumped most of it out on my laundry room floor. She only washed one load and only dried some of the one load it. The other part she did on cold air fluff and then had to leave so it is still in the dryer. She has to work at some point today so I want to keep the washer and dryer free for her to do another load and get the mess out of my laundry room. She is also supposed to fill out another job application today online before going to work.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #1304
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning...all...there is a video with this article...but, I don't know how to post it...someone was across the parking lot quite a distance and took a video of the shooter..in the video you just here the gun going off many times....this is the article...and by the way...we ate in Whole Foods and had just left there...we saw no one in there threatening anyone, however...we walked down a short way to see if the tree was lit yet...it is HUGE...it wasn't lit...so, we stood there a few minutes wishing it would go on...and it DID...then a minute or two later people started running by us like a stampede...and yelling...the parking garage was across the street so we ran to our car...it was rather surreal...

Dec 16, 2012Shooting at Fashion Island in Newport Beach

Apparently this shooter just wanted to scare people, as he never turned his gun on anyone, but kept walking and firing rounds into the air. Strange stuff.

NEWPORT BEACH (CBSLA.com) — A shooting has been reported in the parking lot of Fashion Island in Newport Beach.

Police said “at least 60 rounds” were fired outside the Macy’s.

The suspect was identified as 42-year-old Marcus Gurrola. Police said the man lives in his car.
Michele Gile, CBS2 and KCAL9 reporter, said when Gurrola was taken into custody, he reportedly told police he “was unhappy with life.”

A call came in to 911 just after 4:30 p.m. saying a man was shooting a gun into the air.

Gile reported that the mall was packed with thousands of people at the time of the shooting. Many of them hid in dressing rooms, bathrooms and behind locked doors at various storefronts.

Kateri Wozny was at Nordstrom having a make-over when she heard the ground shake. “I saw all these people running and thought maybe some celebrity was in the back. But then I heard what sounded like a gunshot. And we all started panicking. I ran to where my car was. We were all just trying to get out of there.”

Another witness said a man was shooting wildly. “We were all so scared. Some people were crying. It felt like a horror movie.”

One person, an adult female, was reportedly injured by a crush of people trying to flee the gunman. Gile said her injuries do not appear to be serious.

Four women told Gile they saw the man, clad in a baseball cap, shoot nine times into the air. They said he paused and then shot into the air nine more times.

Gile said unconfirmed reports said the man allegedly walked into the Whole Foods and screamed out, “I am going to shoot everyone inside of here.”

Gurrola reportedly told another witness to run, “Or I’ll shoot you.”

Witness Laby Shayan saw the man holding the gun. “I thought it was a toy. Within a second he puts it in the air and starts [firing] ‘Boom, boom, boom, boom.’ And I’m saying ‘Oh my God, this is a real gun.’ And I start running.”

Another witness, Matt Lundin, told Gile the people running through the parking lot looked very scared. “I’ve never seen terror in people’s faces before. I was in the back corner of the men’s furnishings department. And all of a sudden, you know you hear regular noises, and then I heard all these abnormal noises. So I turned around to look and people were running out of the store trying to find emergency exits.”

Hanna Escatel remembered hearing lots of screaming and people pushing each other trying to get down the escalators. “They pushed us into dressing rooms and shut the security doors and then I felt safe at that moment.”

Her son Robert Escatel wasn’t so assured. “I kept thinking the guy would try to come in,” he said, “and he was going to shoot us. And I was really scared. ‘What are we going to do”?

Gurrola was booked for assault with a deadly weapon.

Fashion Island, opened in 1967, is an outdoor, three-story mall of mostly upscale stores.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #1305

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning!

Going out to see The Hobbit in 3D later today.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #1306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow. Lynn. That is scary. So glad you and others were not hurt!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #1307

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. We're celebrating ds17's bd today with the parents. I always let them choose their dinner. He chose steak---lucky we had some frozen that dh got on sale at sam's. Dh is buying his bd cake. He said it was ok if I didn't make it homemade this year. I feel a little sad cause it's the first year in 17 that I haven't made a homemade cake but such is life. Things are different. I could have done it but since I can't eat it, ds and dh didn't think I should do it.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Good morning!

Hey, Eliza! Did you do anniversary stuff yesterday or is the movie today part of that celebration? Hope the movie is good. I have never seen it.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #1309

Quote:
Just a few hours from them but Disneyland sucks. Sorry, but once you have been to DisneyWorld nothing else can compare.

I figured out why I was in a funk. I have not watched White Christmas! I am watching it on TV now and the spirt has hit I have no idea where my copy of the movie went so I am going to have to get one tomorrow!!!

Psst. I say we sneak away while Mike is at work
OH we watched that last night too. Dh had watched it the night before too--lol. We also watched Charlie Brown's Christmas which I had tivo'd.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Considering the recent happenings...people were in a panic...as far as I can tell...only one person got trampled after people started running because of gunshots fired into the air in the parking lot...we were on the opposite side of the mall by the tree near the new Whole Foods....so didn't hear anything until people started screaming and running by us.
Wow, I'm glad you're ok. Hope no one got killed. Someone opened fire in a Alabama hospital yesterday morning and killed 2, then they shot and killed him.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Good morning!

Oh my dh is just so wanting to see that movie. He is a big Lord of the Rings fan, as is ds17.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #1312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello ladies! Time to play catch up. Just wanted to say hi before I started reading. I have been SO BUSY I haven't had time to log on in days. And I've had all these appointments and stuff after work--and yesterday was the big shipping day at the UPS store--then I get home way past bedtime. Whaaa! I love Christmas but I just don't have the time for it. I need a clone!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #1313

Lynn.. they said the man fired 50 shots in the parking lot...grrrr

Mona....used to be so many people decorated their houses outside and not too many this year...

Hubs wants to see the new James Bond Movie...we aren't Hobbit fans...LOL....I like Movies like Teddy.. so you see where my humor is LOL!! Ok onto my Sunday Cooking.....
Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #1314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would like to see the James Bond movie too. I don't even think I saw the last one. It's too much of an ordeal for DH to get in the car and walk to the theater though.

I had plans to decorate the outside with lights but I just ran out of time and gumption. haha. I am enjoying seeing the lights in the neighborhood though. Some of my neighbors have really gone "all out" with the holiday lawn decorations and lights and stuff.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #1315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How about a little smile for such a sad day.

O.M.G. How cute is she? I love her outfit!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #1316

My neighborhood has a lot of holiday spirit. Almost every house is lit up. One house up the road could make you have a seizure---the lights are crazy blinking everywhere.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #1317

Hey girls, here's a great link for a ton of hungry girl recipes.
Diet-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes, Low-Calorie Thanksgiving Recipes | Hungry Girl
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I did and it was worse. I'm just tired of the sweet taste. It'll be nice to have some pureed foods next week. I go to the surgeon on Thursday and that's when I should be moved to pureed---that includes pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream soups, purreed soups, scrambled eggs.
This is a common complaint Chewie. This is why it's so great to switch things up with some nice bone broth. Do you have any? The salty, savory flavor was such a welcome change for me.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #1319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I remember my mother had a special can for bacon grease. It had a strainer on the top and everything. We used to hide it from her and she would get sooooooooo mad!
I keep my bacon grease in a pickle jar (washed out of course). I use it for frying up meats and like when I'm baking chicken wings and I don't want them to stick to the pan. I don't strain it.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Steven got an acceptance letter from EKU!! whoohoo at least he will have options if he doesn't get into one he really wants now to work on th e scholarship aps dfor there
That is awesome Deb! What college is that?
Closed Thread