LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #1201
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I get mine from the regular grocery store, sometimes I have to go to the butcher counter and ask, but often they have trays already sitting next to the meat.
They don't have that here. This state is backwards. I would have to ask. I'll just wait till Monday.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #1202

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
The big a store has a cute mini gingerbread pan for these cookies. Look how cute.
Attachment 47557
Awwwwwwww, that is cute!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #1203

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
O. M. G. Deb!!!!!
GOOD GOD.. I saw that in Vegas 20 years ago.. I gotta try that..I swear...
Old 12-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #1204

Quote:
Melinda---when I saw this recipe, I thought of you.

Cheese, Bacon, And Potato Pie

12 ounces of bacon
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fontina cheese
1 onion
1 potato
6 eggs

Heat oven to 350F. Butter a 9 inch pie plate.
Cut bacon into pieces, fry until well cooked and crisp, set aside.
Grate cheese and peel and finely chop onion. Peel and grate potato.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add bacon, cheese, onion and potato, stir.
Pour mixture into prepared dish, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
Enjoy!
OMG!!! i GOTTA HAVE THIS..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #1205

Quote:
I did and it was worse. I'm just tired of the sweet taste. It'll be nice to have some pureed foods next week. I go to the surgeon on Thursday and that's when I should be moved to pureed---that includes pudding, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream soups, purreed soups, scrambled eggs.
Can you take a flavorless protein powder and add chicken bouillon???

I thought they made savory protein powders..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Can you take a flavorless protein powder and add chicken bouillon???

I thought they made savory protein powders..
Oh, I tried the chicken broth protein powder----didn't like it. I did finish it but nope. I have an unflavored powder but it doesn't have enough protein in it to get me to my goal, at least not now. Once I'm farther out, I'll use it like that.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1207

Quote:
The weather has been changing and everyone's skin and sinuses are super dry. I've never had such dry sinuses in my life! Painful! My kids' lips are cracking and bleeding, had to send two to the nurse yesterday to get help.

Boiling a pot of cinnamon water on the stove today to keep some humidity in the air.
It rained last night and now it's clear and sunny and 47 at 10 am.. but tomorrow it's supposed to rain tomorrow...

I need to go back to the store for paper towels and a can of those biscuits.. weight watchers has a recipe called bubble pizza where you mix cooked ground beef with tomato sauce and italian seasoning etc etc...then cut up the biscuits and mix it in there and pour into a casserole and toss pizza toppings on top.. I am sure Chewie has made something similar..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #1208

Man Chewie i would be such a pig I would be adding bacon grease to the shake LOL!!!

Well hang on...the time is coming soon to eat the pureed food..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #1209

Chewie I am really considering that recipe.. you just posted I have everything and it is a lower carb dish...but I have to figure out what is Fontina cheese..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #1210

Quote:
Man Chewie i would be such a pig I would be adding bacon grease to the shake LOL!!!
I was thinking I would probably be doing that, too, just adding liquid fat....I have no willpower.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #1211

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Chewie I am really considering that recipe.. you just posted I have everything and it is a lower carb dish...but I have to figure out what is Fontina cheese..
googled and came up with this
Mild provolone, gruyere, and gouda cheeses may all be substituted for fontina
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #1212

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Doofus, hope I didn't offend you with something i wrote. It was never my intention, nor do I think you are crazy.
No, I am not offended at all. I just think someone has to stick up for the responsible people.

I have had to use a gun to defend my life. I pray that none of you ever have to do that! I have had to pull the gun on someone and what saved my life was the fact that I KNEW I could pull the trigger if need be.

No matter what happens, nothing will change. Drugs are illegal and yet most states list that as their main problem. It is a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. Sick and twisted people will always find a way.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #1213

Quote:

Well hang on...the time is coming soon to eat the pureed food..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #1214

Lony: Girl you have no idea what I do.. when my hubs makes a package of bacon.. I take the grease and pop popcorn in it..

Deb... Thanks.. I think than I would use all cheddar then... I am so hungry LOL!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #1215

Quote:
Lony: Girl you have no idea what I do.. when my hubs makes a package of bacon.. I take the grease and pop popcorn in it..

Deb... Thanks.. I think than I would use all cheddar then... I am so hungry LOL!!
Oh I remember my mother had a special can for bacon grease. It had a strainer on the top and everything. We used to hide it from her and she would get sooooooooo mad!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #1216

Quote:
It rained last night and now it's clear and sunny and 47 at 10 am.. but tomorrow it's supposed to rain tomorrow...

I need to go back to the store for paper towels and a can of those biscuits.. weight watchers has a recipe called bubble pizza where you mix cooked ground beef with tomato sauce and italian seasoning etc etc...then cut up the biscuits and mix it in there and pour into a casserole and toss pizza toppings on top.. I am sure Chewie has made something similar..
I have and we liked it. I've also done it Mexican style. YUM
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1217

Steven got an acceptance letter from EKU!! whoohoo at least he will have options if he doesn't get into one he really wants now to work on th e scholarship aps dfor there
Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, no! I like them when they are fresh and warm. How bout you? So the longer they sit the less appealing they are to me? How bout you? Will that method work for you as well? I sure hope so!! Sending for you to be strong.

So, if you were running around yesterday, that mean you can move better? Shoulder and knee healed then? I remember going to a nice mall. Trying to remember if it was btwn DC and Annapolis.....that sound right to you?
Thanks...so far I've been very good. Yes, warm and fresh are the best. Sadly the appeal lasts longer than just a day. Dh says there are 6 left - ugh - be gone........

My knee and shoulder are coming along pretty good. At least I can take my t-shirt off without help. Odd - I could put it on - just couldn't get it off. The knee is feeling a lot better - just really pushing a little and then giving it a break.

You know there are so many malls around here - well Annapolis. None where I am here on the island. Annapolis has a couple nice malls, lol - I see them as I go by, I'm just not a shopper - grocery and drug store are my main stops..........don't be jealous, lol. Have you ever checked your mileage for a couple of weeks - running the kids and all? I used to when I was doing it - and was shocked to see just how many miles it amounted to.

Linda
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Thanks...so far I've been very good. Yes, warm and fresh are the best. Sadly the appeal lasts longer than just a day. Dh says there are 6 left - ugh - be gone........

My knee and shoulder are coming along pretty good. At least I can take my t-shirt off without help. Odd - I could put it on - just couldn't get it off. The knee is feeling a lot better - just really pushing a little and then giving it a break.

You know there are so many malls around here - well Annapolis. None where I am here on the island. Annapolis has a couple nice malls, lol - I see them as I go by, I'm just not a shopper - grocery and drug store are my main stops..........don't be jealous, lol. Have you ever checked your mileage for a couple of weeks - running the kids and all? I used to when I was doing it - and was shocked to see just how many miles it amounted to.

Linda
i put about 400 miles a week on my van
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #1220

Eliza---I love my white ceramic fry pan. Sears has a 3 pack set for only 24.99.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh I remember my mother had a special can for bacon grease. It had a strainer on the top and everything. We used to hide it from her and she would get sooooooooo mad!
Mine too, kept in the frig--used it for everything. Just think of our pour arteries.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Steven got an acceptance letter from EKU!! whoohoo at least he will have options if he doesn't get into one he really wants now to work on th e scholarship aps dfor there
Eastern Kentucky?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1223
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning Linda and Sue, you early birds! Good morning everyone!

Yesterday's school shooting and ensuing discussions really knocked the wind out of me and I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, even DH or DS. It hit very close to home. School kids become like your own kids, you spend more time with them daily than their own parents sometimes.

The thought of children perishing like this in the place where we love and nurture them, the thought that no matter how hard we try we cannot keep gun violence away from our precious children and our schools makes me feel crushed, helpless and angry.

Sorry to start the day off on such a note, still grappling with all these feelings. Those poor babies were left there, where they fell, through the night, while the technicians were processing the crime scene. My thoughts and prayers go out to their families.
Oh Eliza, I thought of you so often yesterday - knowing how this would be even more heart breaking for you. When all the investigating is over, I've heard how those teachers took care of those little ones. Here was a school that did everything right - and it still happened. I listened to the librarian tell about telling the kids she loved them - that she didn't want anything to happen to them, but so scared they were going to be next to be killed, that she wanted them to have that as a last thought - that they were loved. I tell you - the tears just flowed......wonderful teachers. I've said it before - but - you love your students - it shows in how much time and effort you put forth, it's much more than a job to you. You are one of those wonderful teachers. They are lucky to have you in their lives.

Linda
Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1224

Quote:
i put about 400 miles a week on my van
I put about 10-15 a week and that's only if I go shopping outside of town. LOL
Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #1225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning sunshines.

Sue I hope you have a great time shopping

Linda I hope you have a relaxing day

Eliza I hope you have a relaxing day as well to soothe your mind.

Today is a fun day filled with laundry and gingerbread.
Big SIGH.........so much for a relaxing day..........Had to run to the P.O. to pick up a package, then to the hardware store (why do men have to stop when they go by a hardware store?), of course the dollar store was so close, etc..........oh well - it did keep me out of the donuts...........and ds has downed 2 more............be gone donuts.

Now - a fun day with laundry. I do think you have had too much sugar fumes. Those words don't go together in my book. fun/laundry. hmmm - nope - does not compute. You using reverse psychology on yourself?

Linda
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #1226

LOL Linda I just kept singing Fa la la la la la la laundry. It was not too bad. I went to the laundrymat and used the BIG washers. No one was there just me and the swooshing underwear.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #1227

Quote:
No, I am not offended at all. I just think someone has to stick up for the responsible people.

I have had to use a gun to defend my life. I pray that none of you ever have to do that! I have had to pull the gun on someone and what saved my life was the fact that I KNEW I could pull the trigger if need be.

No matter what happens, nothing will change. Drugs are illegal and yet most states list that as their main problem. It is a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. Sick and twisted people will always find a way.
You're right.

I was just planning on killing them with the power of my charm and radiant beauty.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

OOOh - I like this - so pretty. Well, you know Deb - going to the dirty dentist is better than none - I'm sure he'll put you on antibiotics and at least you will know what you are dealing with. Hope they figure out what's wrong with dil's car and that it won't cost an arm/leg. Hate car repairs. OMgost the donuts smelled heavenly. Maybe if I keep telling you all I've been good - I will continue to be. I sure don't need them that's for sure.

I take it the shot is for Ken's knees? Do they help him? My bil has had them and has had good luck, but they never even offered them to me - I was bone on bone, so nothing works except total knee replacement.

Good thoughts on Stephen taking his finals. He'll do great, and you can shout from the rooftops........

Linda
Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #1229

Quote:
Eastern Kentucky?
yeah and it is less than 2 hours from here
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #1230

Quote:
You're right.

I was just planning on killing them with the power of my charm and radiant beauty.
That would do it! Just beware, the zombies will come after you first with your big giant juicy brain!
Closed Thread