Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams, all!
Eliza_Jazz is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Lony!! Nice dress! So glad you and Mike got to go out and have such a great time. Sleep well!
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of your kind words. I just wanted to drop in for a minute.
I won't be around for a few days after today. The funeral is tomorrow and
then it will be back over most likely for the rest of the week to sort through
mama's things. I hate the thought of that.
She didn't suffer in the end so that is such a blessing and a answer to our prayers. It happened so quickly that we didn't make it in time to say good bye. That really hurts but the nursing staff was so wonderful. She passed about 20 minutes before we got there. They let me go in to say good bye. That really helped. My sis was there when she passed and said right before mama passed she looked up over in the corner above my sister's head. She said her eyes got huge and it was obvious that she saw something.
She was too weak at that point to talk. She passed right after that. I had prayed on the way that God would send angels to greet her. I do believe my prayers were answered.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Oksue is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Oh....I just wanted to say to Lony that you looked adorable in your dress!
Chewie....I will pray for your surgery. Prayers also that you will get a
peace and calmness for it.
Linda....I hope your knee is better so.
Oksue is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,341
Gallery: lucky51
Sue, my daddy passed away in a nursing home. They called me and I drove as fast as I could and I didn't make it. A very kind nurse, who had helped many people on their final journey, told me that sometimes people want to hang on until a loved one gets there, and other times they want to go on and die to spare the loved one. That was a great comfort to me at the time. You certainly have my sympathies.
lucky51 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of your kind words. I just wanted to drop in for a minute.
I won't be around for a few days after today. The funeral is tomorrow and
then it will be back over most likely for the rest of the week to sort through
mama's things. I hate the thought of that.
She didn't suffer in the end so that is such a blessing and a answer to our prayers. It happened so quickly that we didn't make it in time to say good bye. That really hurts but the nursing staff was so wonderful. She passed about 20 minutes before we got there. They let me go in to say good bye. That really helped. My sis was there when she passed and said right before mama passed she looked up over in the corner above my sister's head. She said her eyes got huge and it was obvious that she saw something.
She was too weak at that point to talk. She passed right after that. I had prayed on the way that God would send angels to greet her. I do believe my prayers were answered.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Sue, Great big giant hugs I am so glad that you got to say goodbye. You may not have been able to be there at the exact moment but your mom knew how much you loved her. When my dad passed it was pretty much the same thing, we knew he saw something and then he died peacefully. I like to think that it is all your loved ones that have already gone, welcoming you into heaven.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sue, my daddy passed away in a nursing home. They called me and I drove as fast as I could and I didn't make it. A very kind nurse, who had helped many people on their final journey, told me that sometimes people want to hang on until a loved one gets there, and other times they want to go on and die to spare the loved one. That was a great comfort to me at the time. You certainly have my sympathies.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning!

Sue, my prayers are with your family. It is a consolation to know your Mom passed peacefully and saw someone greet her as she passed on to another realm. I have always believed that happens and that someday they will wait for us when it's our time to move on. Many hugs for you, my friend
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #99
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Well, I sent DH to go shopping at Walfarts as I feel like I'm coming down with something. TOM is here, too, to make things more complicated.

Melindochka, hope you are feeling much better, girlie!

Chewie, praying you feel peaceful as your surgery approaches.

Linda, hope your knee is healing. Gentle massage may help the fluid disperse.

Deb, how are things going? How is Ken?

Lony, how is sweet baby Carol?

Mona, you have probably just come home from work. How was the shift? You said the night goes slowly if things aren't busy, so is it OK to wish you a busy night at work?
__________________
Eliza


Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #100
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sue, my daddy passed away in a nursing home. They called me and I drove as fast as I could and I didn't make it. A very kind nurse, who had helped many people on their final journey, told me that sometimes people want to hang on until a loved one gets there, and other times they want to go on and die to spare the loved one. That was a great comfort to me at the time. You certainly have my sympathies.
Oh, Lucky
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #101
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Well good morning sunshines, I hope that everyone is starting to feel a little bit better.

Another busy day today. I am teaching a friend how to make Christmas goodies. Pray for me. LOL She is super sweet and so anxious to learn so how could I refuse. We are going to make

Butter toffee
Peanut brittle
3 kinds of fudge
lemon blackberry cookies
Pecan tassies
caramels
and chocolate dipped pretzles.


Then I am going to come home and address my naked sugar cookies. I told Mike it was pizza night at our house. He said, oh yah, hurt my feelings. I love that big doofus.

The party last night was fun. I wish we would have gotten better pictures but I think Mike and I are going to call a photographer and get some pictures done. That way we can dress up again.

So, I will MIA for most of today and I just wanted to wish everyone a super happy Sunday!
__________________
Whatever doesn't kill me..
Had better start running!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #102
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Oh and some newborn baby to brighten your day.

Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Lony, that darling baby looks so grown up! A beautiful c-section baby. How is our Little Lony doing? Geesh, Lony, that is a lot to make in one day! I just made a batch of Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins earlier this morning and I think I deserve a medal!

Sue, I am sorry that you didn't make it before your mother passed but what a great story. Thanks to both you and Lucky for sharing your stories. So comforting. I only hope that was the case for my sister who died alone at home.
kcmama is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lony, that darling baby looks so grown up! A beautiful c-section baby. How is our Little Lony doing? Geesh, Lony, that is a lot to make in one day! I just made a batch of Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins earlier this morning and I think I deserve a medal!

Sue, I am sorry that you didn't make it before your mother passed but what a great story. Thanks to both you and Lucky for sharing your stories. So comforting. I only hope that was the case for my sister who died alone at home.
Yah, it does seem like a whole lot. She wanted to frost the sugar cookies too. I told her I would take care of those. Especially since the woman has never held a pastery bag in her life.

Lony and Carol are both doing really well. Happy and healthy little girls. I am on the hunt for dark green dresses for them. I think it would really set off their red hair and blue eyes. The pinks and purples look kinda weird on them if you ask me.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,742
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sue, my daddy passed away in a nursing home. They called me and I drove as fast as I could and I didn't make it. A very kind nurse, who had helped many people on their final journey, told me that sometimes people want to hang on until a loved one gets there, and other times they want to go on and die to spare the loved one. That was a great comfort to me at the time. You certainly have my sympathies.
I agree with this. I was with my mom the day she passed, my dad and I had just signed her into hospice care in the hospital. She was started on morphine and was so relaxed and at peace.(she had lung cancer) I told her it was ok to let go and go to heaven. My dad and I left for a while(I had a baby and toddler at home) and she passed 15 minutes later. I didn't even make it home and got a call and had to turn around and go back.

Sue, I'm praying for you and your family.
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 12-02-2012 at 08:00 AM..
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #106
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Ohhhh Chewie, lots and lots of luck and happy glitter tomorrow! How exciting for you. Just remember to take some time today and relax.
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #107
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,742
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Lony---you look awesome in that dress. Woohoo, hubba hubba.

Good morning. Dh is off shopping at Sam's and then has to stop at walgreens for a few things that dollar general didn't have yesterday. He left not even knowing what he's cooking today. Silly guy. I told him that we should make a meal plan but oh no, that'd be too easy. They certainly won't starve so I'm not too worried.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Lony---you look awesome in that dress. Woohoo, hubba hubba.

Good morning. Dh is off shopping at Sam's and then has to stop at walgreens for a few things that dollar general didn't have yesterday. He left not even knowing what he's cooking today. Silly guy. I told him that we should make a meal plan but oh no, that'd be too easy. They certainly won't starve so I'm not too worried.
It is good for them to have to fin for themselves once in a while. It makes them appreciate you even more!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #109
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,123
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09

good morning everyone
Steven's bus was an hour late last night ugh and then Kenny had to work a double so we didn't get to play cards but we ran up to their house and dropped off Ashleys casserole dishes from Thanksgiving and ate the pizza we had ordered then Ken said let's run into walmart wquick and pick up what you need and we won't be out tomorrow UH YEAH we forgot it was the first of the month OMG! and i was soo tired by the time we got home i changed into my jammies and went to curl up with my kindle
woke up early this morning and went back to sleep ugh and of course nightmares about people being cruel to animals i KNOW when i do that i will feel bad or have bad dreams ugh just being awake is so hard anymore

LONY! whoohoo Mike had a hot date last night! i think the dress was GREAT!
__________________
you've gone where I will someday follow, But for now you are out of sight, Your years with me were just time borrowed, Before you returned to Heaven's light.
One day I'll see your pawprints glowing,Sparkling in the morning dew,Guiding me at my time of going, Leading me sunwards, back to you.
from a poem by S.L. Smith
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
352.8.328.300.285.275.270.265.260
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 12-02-2012 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: picture was HUGE
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #110
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,123
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh and some newborn baby to brighten your day.

oh SQUEE she looks soo HAPPY!!
debkeversole is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #111
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,742
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Oh, I forgot to mention how adorable baby Carol is. Love that pic.
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #112
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,742
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I have to go shower. I have to return some things to stupid Catherine's. Don't feel like it at all but I don't know when I'll feel well enough to do it and don't want to have it hanging over my head. Sigh. BBL
chewiegand is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #113
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I agree with this. I was with my mom the day she passed, my dad and I had just signed her into hospice care in the hospital. She was started on morphine and was so relaxed and at peace.(she had lung cancer) I told her it was ok to let go and go to heaven. My dad and I left for a while(I had a baby and toddler at home) and she passed 15 minutes later. I didn't even make it home and got a call and had to turn around and go back.

Sue, I'm praying for you and your family.
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #114
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh and some newborn baby to brighten your day.

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! What a sweet baby girl!
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #115
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Lony, we are jealous! Have an amazing time with your new friend!
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #116
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Deb, sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!
Eliza_Jazz is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #117
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Ok ladies I am off like a prom dress. Have a great day!
Lony is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well good morning sunshines, I hope that everyone is starting to feel a little bit better.

Another busy day today. I am teaching a friend how to make Christmas goodies. Pray for me. LOL She is super sweet and so anxious to learn so how could I refuse. We are going to make

Butter toffee
Peanut brittle
3 kinds of fudge
lemon blackberry cookies
Pecan tassies
caramels
and chocolate dipped pretzles.



Then I am going to come home and address my naked sugar cookies. I told Mike it was pizza night at our house. He said, oh yah, hurt my feelings. I love that big doofus.

The party last night was fun. I wish we would have gotten better pictures but I think Mike and I are going to call a photographer and get some pictures done. That way we can dress up again.

So, I will MIA for most of today and I just wanted to wish everyone a super happy Sunday!
All in one day? That is a lot of goodie baking! Have fun.

You look gorgeous in your dress. Glad you had a nice time. You kids make cute babies. Awww look how happy little Carol looks.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Sue I'm glad you got to say goodbye, and happy to hear your mom didn't suffer at all.

Melinda how are you doing? Hope the dentist was able to help you.

Linda how is your knee? Hope it's getting better.

Chewie sounds like you are taking care of everything you need to do in your usual organized way. Tomorrow is the big day!

Deb you poor thing....having to deal with the masses at Walmart.

Eliza how are you feeling? You said you were coming down with something. My shift was veeeerrrry slow again. Sigh. Makes the night drag on so much. Plus I wasn't feeling well so that didn't help.

I've been coming down with a cold for days. Started with a sore throat. Felt progressively worse today with a headache and stuff. Now I'm sneezing my head off and my nose is completely plugged. Just took some cold medicine. Taking tomorrow off isn't a very good idea. We only have 3 people, including me who can work at the location I'm working tonight. One of them specially requested tonight off so that would be crappy to call him in. And the other guy is starting training for Blood Bank on day shift on Monday so he's in the process of switching out from a night schedule to a day schedule. So that would be crappy as well for him. He'd have to work all night for 10 hours then put in 8 hours for the day shift! So I will try to put my big girl panties on and go to work. haha!

The cookies I brought into work were a big hit. Hardly anyone bakes from scratch anymore so people really appreciate it.
Mona is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, I fully meant to get back on here during the day. However, I got busy. Did laundry, ironing, Oldest wanted the big tree up. I was all for no Christmas tree this year, then said okay only the small one but.....dh wanted the big one too really so then we had to move furniture, vacuum, etc. Then it was time to take youngest to dance, shopping for bday gift, post office, then came home to more drama from ds...... I am doing an awful lot of praying here, let me tell you. I am so stressed out. Then got to the grocery store late and made soup, we just ate because dh wanted me to do an online rebate for the tires we bought a couple of weeks ago and of course it wasn't as easy and straightforward as it was said to be...... so "Calgon take me away!". The tree is up and has the lights, now in need of ornaments.
Poor KCMama you are always so busy. Sorry your kiddo is giving you one trial after another.

No tree? What?? I totally veto that idea. I'm secretly glad you put it up. Bwahahaha.

I'm not sure I will get around to decorating mine this morning either. I hit the store on the way home because I'm out of fresh ginger I need for my stirfry I had planned to make. And I usually stop and get a Sunday paper anyhow, for the coupons. I also had to deposit a check at the bank. So by the time I catch up with my chicks and cook it will probably be time for bed.
Mona is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.