LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #1141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning All,

Had my coffee, got ds off to swim practice, and am now cooking up 3 lbs of bacon for the swim team breakfast this morning. I know 3 lbs is not going to feed all those kids, but, it was how much I had in my freezer that I had gotten on sale. Ds wanted me to cook more. I told him "sorry, bud" but at an average of $5 lb (non sale price) I am not going to cook 8 lbs as requested! Anyone else can feel free to sign up and bring some as well. I indicated that I would bring 3 lbs on the sign up sheet. So, the first batch is cooking. Now the rest of the household is going to be terribly disappointed when they wake up to the smell of bacon but can't have any!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #1142
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
You know what Kcmama, I bake my bacon in the oven....
That is torture Mama...to wake up to the smell of wonderful bacon and there isn't even one strip LOL!!!

Ok I am getting dress and going to Walfarts!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #1143

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
LOL Three pounds. Bacon is expensive so I think three pounds is more than generous.

I am with Melinda, I would cook all that bacon in the oven.

Why do you cook bacon and bake cookies?
Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
LOL Three pounds. Bacon is expensive so I think three pounds is more than generous.

I am with Melinda, I would cook all that bacon in the oven.

Why do you cook bacon and bake cookies?
Frankly, I try my best to avoid doing both! I am doing it in the oven. Just about burned the second batch.I ate the two most burned pieces and since they tasted all right (not terrific) I decided that I am going to go ahead and put the remaining pieces of pretty dark bacon in with the rest anyway.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #1145

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. I just made 3 dozen choc chip mini muffins for the boys. There are 4 here.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Frankly, I try my best to avoid doing both! I am doing it in the oven. Just about burned the second batch.I ate the two most burned pieces and since they tasted all right (not terrific) I decided that I am going to go ahead and put the remaining pieces of pretty dark bacon in with the rest anyway.
Mmmm I love almost burnt bacon.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, my goodness, Chewie! You are right. That is unbelieveable. Neither party was injured I take it. Were they going fairly slow so damage isn't too bad? Fingers crossed for you.
Nope, no injuries and not going fast.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #1148

Quote:
The sad part about all of this is we will never know why. I am sending prayers to the familys.

All I ask is before people go blaming guns for this kind of thing remember he could have easily blown up the whole school with just a few common chemicals. People are killed in car wrecks everyday but we don't ban cars.

Sorry just my opinion.
My heart is broken. I was watching during the whole afternoon. I put on the news at 12 and was shocked to see it had happened. We only lived about 8-9 miles away from Newtown and a few of our favorite restaurants were there.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1149

Quote:
The sad part about all of this is we will never know why. I am sending prayers to the familys.

All I ask is before people go blaming guns for this kind of thing remember he could have easily blown up the whole school with just a few common chemicals. People are killed in car wrecks everyday but we don't ban cars.

Sorry just my opinion.
OOOPPPSSS--when I quoted you I wanted to say I agree. Plus if we ban guns/ammo---guess who ends up having all the guns? Just the real bad guys. JMHO too.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
My heart is broken. I was watching during the whole afternoon. I put on the news at 12 and was shocked to see it had happened. We only lived about 8-9 miles away from Newtown and a few of our favorite restaurants were there.
Oh Chewie, I hope that no one you knew was affected by this.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #1151

Quote:
Mmmm I love almost burnt bacon.
When I was little, one of my friend's mom burned a ham--a big giant ham. It was incredible. We loved picking at it. YUMMMMMM
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #1152

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - I'm hoping/praying you get some relief from all this pain. I hate that you're hurting so much. The olive tree extract is not working for you at all? You had good results from it before. Darn dentist - to not get you in as an emergency, just is not right.
oh yeah the olive leaf exract is all that has held it at bay these past few months for some reason it goes a while and will just be a pressure and a little hearing loss or like the last few days really hurting all the way to my lower front jaw adnd completely non hearing
if it is no better by monday i am going to the dirty dental office in jellico scared to but IDK what else to do?? talking to the good one in williamsburg they said it sounded more sinus than tooth ugh but those antibiotics i had for it before didn't really help
but yeah with t coming and going seems like something else to me too(my wisdom teeth once they started hurting NEVER let up) LOL but i have the notion in my head if i got that back tooth OUT if it was sinus stuff trapped there it would drain more the tooth is growing like toward my cheek instead of toward the ground KWIM? right now it is a dull roar and i am up out of the bed

ack Krispy Kremes on the counter ! talk about temptation! KEN and his friend Bobby are going to try to figure out what is wrong with DIL Ashley's car it completely stopped on her and they live back in that holler makes me nervous hopefully they can figure out what is wrong with it and that it doesn't cost too much Ashley and Kenny are both working today

we have to take Ken to Johnson City Tuesday ugh not looking forward to that but maybe his knees will feel,better another chicken shot Steven had finals but he got it worked out he can do them all Wednesday
soo what is going on good with everyone?? we need some kind of good news in here
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lonykins the baby is so beautiful....
Ditto. Thanks for that sweet picture.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #1154

Quote:
Oh Chewie, I hope that no one you knew was affected by this.
No cause all the people I know have older kids. One of my friends lives there but his kid is in college. My bff grew up there.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #1155

My ds14 has a football fundraiser selling Krispy Kremes and I had to order 2 dozen. They get delivered on Tuesday. I'm going to have ds17 run some over to the parents and just stay out of the kitchen. I'm not eating yet anyway.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #1156

Quote:
WOW Lonykins, Mike the jack of all trades...right now, don't ask why.. but I am in love with white chocolate....and I have to stay away from it..!!!
I have always liked white chocolate. I always used to get a white choc bunny at Easter---way back in the day it was the only time you saw the white chocolate. Now it's everywhere.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #1157

I'm realy getting tired of shakes.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #1158

mmmm BACON COOKIES!!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #1159

Ok---how does someone you don't know and never heard of become a friend on fb? That is so weird.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1160

Quote:
Ok---how does someone you don't know and never heard of become a friend on fb? That is so weird.
you would have to add them?? i know they have suggestions sometimes but they would have to send a request and then you add them or ignore or report to FB you have no idea who they are??
are you saying you have someone on there you didn't add?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #1161

Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #1162

You know without offending anyone...I just want to say my peace....No one said anything about banning guns and weapons.. no one...the 2nd Amendment will never go away.....all I am saying is that there should be stricter laws about who gets guns and the bullets...if seeing and hearing that 20 kids was murdered doesn't change people's mind than whatever... but it seem that whatever happens people defend the right to bear arms instead of the victims.. I never said anything about banning any weapons.. in this case in fact well who knows if that is the truth, but yesterday they said he killed his mother with her gun.. you know the gun that was supposed to protect her...but take the Aurora Colorado shooter.. how many rands of ammunition was he able to buy????? Even with stricter laws if stops one person from doing what happened yesterday than it was worth it.. and because of the city budgets, mental health clinics are cut cut cut and this is what you get...

I am just saying the process of how someone gets a gun now a days is like me buying friggen apples at a store..

I respect the right of people bearing arms.. but then I respect the right that if something happens than it needs to be voiced.. because Lord knows nothing is going to ever be changed from all of these politicians who only care about being reelected anyway...

So that is my peace and now I am off my soap box....
Old 12-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #1163

I have to change my dinner menu for tomorrow.. cause hubs was complaining about gaining weight..grrr hate that...

I want to make this bubble up pizza from Weight Watchers.. but grrr hubs..
Old 12-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #1164

Quote:
I have always liked white chocolate. I always used to get a white choc bunny at Easter---way back in the day it was the only time you saw the white chocolate. Now it's everywhere.
OMG Chewie.. I am just really starting to love it.. it tastes like butter to me....I swear I was going to buy a bag today I sat and stared at it like for 4 minutes. LOL!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #1165

Quote:
I'm realy getting tired of shakes.
Can you try and make another flavor like coffee??
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1166

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
The mother of the shooter owned legally a number of automatic and semiautomatic weapons, all properly licensed, but her being sane and trained apparently didn't prevent the mass murderer of children from getting his hands on them.

Responsible gun owners cannot always guarantee that their weapons will not fall into the wrong hands and be used to destroy lives.

This is JMHO.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 12-15-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #1167

Melinda i completely understand but like i n this case it wasn't his gun it was his parents SIGH no law in the world will stop a mentally ill person(or anyone for that matter) stealing something from someone else and using it my stupid brother in law has a frigging arsenal and hardly any of them are in his name(most are in Ken's Mothers name) they even tried to get Ken to buy him one and i put a stop to that right quick

our schools here you can not even get into the building without signing in at the office the doors lead right into there and all others are locked from being opened from the outsidei don't understand how he got into the building??
and i completely agree about the mental health issues gah they just throw people out tell them "take your meds" and have done with it shameful honestly
horrible unbelievable tragedy but the fault lies completely on the one who pulled the trigger over and over on those babies
we kept our holiday lights off last night in remembrance of those innocent angels
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #1168

Quote:
My ds14 has a football fundraiser selling Krispy Kremes and I had to order 2 dozen. They get delivered on Tuesday. I'm going to have ds17 run some over to the parents and just stay out of the kitchen. I'm not eating yet anyway.
pssssssssssst Chewie.. you could whip a donut into your protein drink!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #1169

Quote:
pssssssssssst Chewie.. you could whip a donut into your protein drink!!!!
ack! i haz to stay far away from donuts i could eat the whole box

Chewie hang in there you are doing it all by the book remember how long on shakes are you supposed to be??
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1170

I get what your both are saying..Thank GOD for responsible owners... which makes even more gut wrenching, about the shooter's mother.. but in some states it's easier to get a gun than a driver's license, I am just saying in other instances people are ordering guns and clips and bullets from the internet.. no problem......and in Michigan...the Governor just signed into law that is now legal to carry a gun in a church and school...is this what you want? whatever..I am going to stop now...My heart really hurts for those parents and other innocent people...

Ok I am going to stop now and not bring it up....I gotta figure out a different menu for tomorrow now...
Closed Thread