Old 12-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #1081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lony.. one day when you get a second.. would you tell me what is almond bark.. and where do you find it??? baking section???? in this WW recipe I am looking it, it says reduced sugar almond bark....or was it fat...don't rememeber..
Almond bark is everywhere seems like. I have never seen reduced sugar though. Walmart, Target, grocery stores, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. they all sell it.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning everyone! I went shopping yesterday and it turned into a half-a-day affair. I also stopped by my work and got a flu shot. I haven't been able to do it during normal working hours due to my nightshift schedule. All the previous years I've worked there they had mobile clinics at all hours but this year....I've been looking for 2 months and the flu shot people are never around when I am. Anyhow....finished getting the stuff for my gift boxes I'm sending out to the parents.

Woke up today with a horrible headache but took some aspirin and I'm better now. Doing baking round 2. I had planned on having everything ready and ship it out today but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Might have to push it till Saturday. Hopefully things will get there in time. All our family is in SoCal with the exception of DH's dad and stepmom who live in Louisiana. They are the ones who have a bunch of land and are always trying to talk DH and his brothers into moving out there and living in a big commune.

So I've got some oatmeal butterscotch layered bars baking now. Just made some white chocolate macadamia nut dough that is now chilling. Earlier made some "easy fudge" and that is in the fridge chilling as well. I was going to make some peanut butter fudge as well but I am out of evap. milk and most recipes call for that and/or marshmallow fluff which I don't have either. I should have spent more time planning on what I was baking and making sure I had the proper ingredients. At least I have enough sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar and flour to choke a horse.

Hey Mona. You could get yourself a folder/binder to put all these recipes in that you are making. Then sometime in the weeks before Thanksgiving you could pull it out and look at the ingredients, make the list and then watch for the sales and buy them when on sale and with coupons. Once Nov hit here the stores began running specials on all those baking needs--butter, flour, sugar, canned milks, pumpkin, baking chips, etc. When you get ready to bake you will have the items in your pantry. I was surprised at the regular/nonsale prices of evap milk and sweetened cond milk this year. Good thing I was watching and buying on sale. Also, canned pumpkin. The lowest I saw it for this year was .99. Aldi regularly sells it for .99 but the grocery stores, Walmart are well over $1 more like $1.50 for a can. I remember .50 for canned pumpkin. Am I showing my age?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #1083
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines!

Melinda Almond Bark can be found in the baking isle along with the nuts and chips. It is a big rectangle of chocolate. I am pretty sure you can find it. They are chocolate or white chocolate.

Lynn you cracked me up!

Good Morning Sue!

Mona McBakerPants!

Kcmama you are always so full of wonderful ideas. You are pretty darn smart.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #1084
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!

Melinda Almond Bark can be found in the baking isle along with the nuts and chips. It is a big rectangle of chocolate. I am pretty sure you can find it. They are chocolate or white chocolate.

Lynn you cracked me up!

Good Morning Sue!

Mona McBakerPants!

Kcmama you are always so full of wonderful ideas. You are pretty darn smart.
I especially like peppermint bark make with white chocolate...you know that completely, nutritionally useless white stuff? I do get a little square one at the register at WF's now and then...just so I remember what it tastes like.. They only have it there at Christmas.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I especially like peppermint bark make with white chocolate...you know that completely, nutritionally useless white stuff? I do get a little square one at the register at WF's now and then...just so I remember what it tastes like.. They only have it there at Christmas.
That is what I was going to make!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #1086

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. TGIF. I am just plum tuckered out. Didn't want to get up today, didn't want to shower, didn't want to come to work. And my house is a wreck. Dh is not the best housekeeper. I guess the boys and I have some picking up to do today. It's really not bad but to me, the perfectionist, it is. There are the week's newspapers piled up on a kitchen chair, misc stuff like ds17's hat on the couch, laundry on the coffee table(at least it's folded), more unfolded laundry on the couch. etc, etc, etc.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #1087

Dh bought a car yesterday. He already has it. It's a 2004 BMW 325i. It's in great shape and we got it way under the blue book value so I gues we're ok. Just wish that cash could have stayed in our account.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good Friday morning everyone!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1089

Well Chewie, at least you know he has reliable transportation now.

Sorry you are so tired, I am too. LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #1090

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Oh Good Lord this morning I have to run around like Kcmama.. I am going to be channeling her for support.. I gotta run all the way down to the Little Walmart near my son's school..for his eye glasses...they have only been sitting there probably for almost 2 months.. of course they don't open when I dropped him off this morning, naturally so I gotta go all the way back down there.. I gotta then run to one of the grocery stores and get hubs his grapes....89 cents a pound on sale...then swing over to the bank....then back to another store for 5 dollar Friday...and I still have no idea what the heck is for dinner..I know that since today starts finals for my kid...I am going to get some ice cream.. other than that I have no idea...I was thinking about in my head picturing like that Crescent roll dough in the can.. and making it a rectangle and stuffing it with cheese and whatever and rolling it up..I just don't want to cook...worse comes to worse I can make a tri tip that is in my freezer...

Kcmama.. wow thanks for the heads up... though I don't do any transactions online.. that is just terrible...

Mona...wow, I am glad I am not at yours or Lony's.. cause I would have eaten half of everything I made....

Chewie....congrats on the new car....and don't worry your house will get done as you like it...Mine is a total mess and I noticed something funky on my bedroom ceiling.. I swear I am going to pretend I didn't see it...

Lony..Good Morning...Don't know when I am going to get my 30 minutes of walking in I tell you that...

Well it's 8:06.. the eyeglass part opens at 9.. wonder what time I should leave here...I could pick up a few things there too..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #1091
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Oh Good Lord this morning I have to run around like Kcmama.. I am going to be channeling her for support.. I gotta run all the way down to the Little Walmart near my son's school..for his eye glasses...they have only been sitting there probably for almost 2 months.. of course they don't open when I dropped him off this morning, naturally so I gotta go all the way back down there.. I gotta then run to one of the grocery stores and get hubs his grapes....89 cents a pound on sale...then swing over to the bank....then back to another store for 5 dollar Friday...and I still have no idea what the heck is for dinner..I know that since today starts finals for my kid...I am going to get some ice cream.. other than that I have no idea...I was thinking about in my head picturing like that Crescent roll dough in the can.. and making it a rectangle and stuffing it with cheese and whatever and rolling it up..I just don't want to cook...worse comes to worse I can make a tri tip that is in my freezer...

Kcmama.. wow thanks for the heads up... though I don't do any transactions online.. that is just terrible...

Mona...wow, I am glad I am not at yours or Lony's.. cause I would have eaten half of everything I made....

Chewie....congrats on the new car....and don't worry your house will get done as you like it...Mine is a total mess and I noticed something funky on my bedroom ceiling.. I swear I am going to pretend I didn't see it...

Lony..Good Morning...Don't know when I am going to get my 30 minutes of walking in I tell you that...

Well it's 8:06.. the eyeglass part opens at 9.. wonder what time I should leave here...I could pick up a few things there too..
Melinda, sounds like you may get your walking in going in and out of those places. Perhaps you should time yourself/count your steps to see if it compares to your normal pattern around the house. Then subtract what you did outside and complete the remainder at home. Although, truth be told, I am often times pooped when I do get home. Ds texted me to bring him a lunch again. I made it for him, but you know what? Since dh is off today I am just going to send him to do it, let him stop by post office on the way and mail some bills as well. I have been going through a stack of papers--sale catalogs, bills, christmas cards, etc and doing laundry.

Oh, and I shall send dh to Walmart to return the things he bought last night. You will relate to this perhaps. At 9:00 last night after Glee went off my ds says "Oh, you need to go to the store to get me a handle for my project in Wood Technologies Class. I have to have it for tomorrow." Of course, he did. We had one extra handle from our cabinets but he didn't like that one. Fortunately, since the option for dh was stay at home and clean the kitchen or go to Walmart....he chose Walmart. Anyway, he brought home about 6-7 different handles for ds to choose from and now the remainder need to go back. I do not want to wait in the return line at Walmart. But since dh rarely ever does that chore I think he should do it, don't you?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #1092
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Dh bought a car yesterday. He already has it. It's a 2004 BMW 325i. It's in great shape and we got it way under the blue book value so I gues we're ok. Just wish that cash could have stayed in our account.
Well, glad that is settled. Although, your dh reminds me of my son. My 16 year old has been wanting to trade our old cars in for that BMW as well. Maybe BMWs are to men what Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers are to women?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Just woke up from a nap. Gosh I was so tired. Not a very smart idea since I am working tonight and need to get to bed soon anyways....but I never claimed to be smart.

I've had a headache all day. Out of made coffee. I'm pretty sure it's a caffeine thing. I enjoy the iced coffee routine but I hate the drug addict part of it now.

KCMama I did score really good prices on various sugars and flour. That's how I ended up with so much of it. Oh and also chocolate chips. And all the various flavors. But somehow I didn't think about all the extra stuff I would need. I'm a silly goose sometimes.

Melinda good luck with your marathon errands! I would definitely think that those steps would count.

Chewie I hope DH likes his new car. I know it's painful to spend a big chunk of money like that but thank goodness you had it in the bank. Our savings account has been sitting at 200 bucks ever since we bought the house in July. There has just been so much to buy, and I was finishing paying off my surgery too. Our goal for the new year is to get our emergency fund built back up.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, glad that is settled. Although, your dh reminds me of my son. My 16 year old has been wanting to trade our old cars in for that BMW as well. Maybe BMWs are to men what Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers are to women?
Dh's argument was that they are on the road for decards and have great repair records. I don't know about that but he got it and we're done. It's little, much smaller than his 300M.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Just woke up from a nap. Gosh I was so tired. Not a very smart idea since I am working tonight and need to get to bed soon anyways....but I never claimed to be smart.

I've had a headache all day. Out of made coffee. I'm pretty sure it's a caffeine thing. I enjoy the iced coffee routine but I hate the drug addict part of it now.

KCMama I did score really good prices on various sugars and flour. That's how I ended up with so much of it. Oh and also chocolate chips. And all the various flavors. But somehow I didn't think about all the extra stuff I would need. I'm a silly goose sometimes.

Melinda good luck with your marathon errands! I would definitely think that those steps would count.

Chewie I hope DH likes his new car. I know it's painful to spend a big chunk of money like that but thank goodness you had it in the bank. Our savings account has been sitting at 200 bucks ever since we bought the house in July. There has just been so much to buy, and I was finishing paying off my surgery too. Our goal for the new year is to get our emergency fund built back up.
That's a great goal.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #1096

I guess dh took his new car to the dealer to get it checked out. I left at 9 and he told me he was taking it to our mechanic on Monday. How do things change so quickly? He had ds follow him and then take him to work. Then some lady hit ds's truck right in front of the P.O. UNBELIEVABLE. The lady got a ticket cause she swerved right into my son and she's at fault, I guess. The fun just never ends.

Tonight, both boys are having friends stay the night. I guess I need to make some goodies or something. There's nothing in the house like soda or chips either. Sigh. I can't carry anything over 8 lbs so shopping is really kind of out for me. I guess I can send ds later.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I guess dh took his new car to the dealer to get it checked out. I left at 9 and he told me he was taking it to our mechanic on Monday. How do things change so quickly? He had ds follow him and then take him to work. Then some lady hit ds's truck right in front of the P.O. UNBELIEVABLE. The lady got a ticket cause she swerved right into my son and she's at fault, I guess. The fun just never ends.

Tonight, both boys are having friends stay the night. I guess I need to make some goodies or something. There's nothing in the house like soda or chips either. Sigh. I can't carry anything over 8 lbs so shopping is really kind of out for me. I guess I can send ds later.
Oh, my goodness, Chewie! You are right. That is unbelieveable. Neither party was injured I take it. Were they going fairly slow so damage isn't too bad? Fingers crossed for you.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mona, I am with you. My savings account is well below where I would like it to be. Was really hoping to be able to save more this half of the year since I wasn't paying tuition for oldest. However, we painted the house, fixed wood rot, got new garage doors, two new sofas and did a trip to Disney, oh and new tires for the Camry (1000$ for tires!!! Ugh). Perhaps 2013 will be good to my savings acount!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #1099
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My mother just called to tell me about the news of a school shooting in CT. Makes me want to cry for all those families. So unbelieveable! I cannot understand why someone would do such a horrid thing. for all.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #1100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, I just read about the shootings. Prayers from me also.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
How sad it is to hear about such a senseless shooting once again.
My heart goes out to all who lost loved ones. May God send angels
to give them some kind of peace that only comes from Him alone.
As a mother I know I would want to go to my child to at least hold
them one more time and to be close to them. I understand it will be
many hours before they will release the bodies. It is just so heart
breaking.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #1102

OMG OMG AM I READING THAT CORRECTLY 26 KILLED???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!OMG.. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN...
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #1103

I have to put on the news....

Well I was going to complain how my feet hurt and god bless Kcmama for all you do for your family....and how I was going to complain that I saw Daniel's mother in the market and the more she was yapping away the more the pain was going thru my knees.. but this nothing compared to what I am reading now.. OMG..how horrible senseless acts of horrendous monsters.. wish there weren't so many guns and ammunition available...

I bought can of crescent rolls..and I am going to make a rectangle and put in provolone cheese and pastrami...one thing for dinner....

Anyway I am going to go and catch the news..
Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #1104

The sad part about all of this is we will never know why. I am sending prayers to the familys.

All I ask is before people go blaming guns for this kind of thing remember he could have easily blown up the whole school with just a few common chemicals. People are killed in car wrecks everyday but we don't ban cars.

Sorry just my opinion.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
The sad part about all of this is we will never know why. I am sending prayers to the familys.

All I ask is before people go blaming guns for this kind of thing remember he could have easily blown up the whole school with just a few common chemicals. People are killed in car wrecks everyday but we don't ban cars.

Sorry just my opinion.
I can't stop crying.,,.iit is breaking my heart big time....18 children what a monster..and the shooter also shot his mother..

I am not a gun person.....I am a food person...

In fact I saw a new pickle by Vlastic and had to buy it..,
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1106

It just makes you wonder what this world is coming to. That could have been my niece or nephew, or my grandchildren. People are just sick.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #1107

Monsters
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #1108

And why is it always men? You rarely hear of a woman doing such horrific things. I mean they do but not like this.

Maybe men need to cry more. Crying makes me feel better.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #1109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I just saw where he killed his father and his girl friend is missing. He targeted a kindergarten class. Poor scared babies.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #1110

The stories are so conflicting, one story says he killed his brother and another says his brother helped him.
Closed Thread