Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Toffee is done!! I am pooped so I am going to skip the pretzle rods and just make peanut clusters. I was thinking of making some peppermint bark but I dunno. LOL I want to get all this crap out of my house!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1022

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I luv toffee covered peanuts..and chocolate too...I really love that bridge mix...where they have the malt balls, nuts, and the ever healthy raisin....but I better stick to sugar free hot chocolate...
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #1023

Goodness speaking of weird Medical news.. wow.. this was in Kansas I believe...

Feather Pulled From Baby Mya Whittington's Neck By Doctors (PHOTO)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #1024

What the heck?!?! Is she half chicken? LOL
I am so glad they got it out. Poor little lamb.

Well now I am waiting for my chocolate to harden and then I have to bag everything up and make my baskets. Pictures to follow. hehehe
Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

Well now I am waiting for my chocolate to harden and then I have to bag everything up and make my baskets. Pictures to follow. hehehe
OMG OMG there is a dirty joke there!

Wasn't that weird though. Her body needed to get rid of it and it was pushing thru her.....omg that grossed me out....though I would pass it on LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1026
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Linda, I wouldn't recommend OTC Abreva over the prescription. The Abreva was $22 for a little tiny tube that I used in one day. With my insurance, I got the prescription medicine for $50 and it has lasted over a week. Much better bargain.

I hope to finish my Christmas baking this weekend. We farm and I am behind on my accounting records. My husband wants me to take them to the CPA next week. Busman's holiday when I have to do accounting at home all weekend.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #1027

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
oh that poor baby! i have had a hair or nail do that and it HURTS imagine a feather and her soo small! ugh

no luck at the dentist on hold with reg doc
but boy if i can i want this tooth pulled anyhow it is growing toward my cheek instead of straight up and down
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #1028

Ok girls I am going to nap for about an hour. My chocolate should be ready by then.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Linda....the kids like all the cereal in their chex mix but no one is real crazy on the pretzels so I go light on them. They all love the little bagel chips so I put a ton of them
in with lots of mixed nuts and Cheetos.
Yes Jalapeno jelly is the same as hot pepper jelly. We eat it with townhouse crackers and cream cheese. Here is the recipe if you ever decide to make it. I make some red and some green for gifts. I'll put them in little pint sized jars.

Jalapeno Jelly
3/4 lb of jalapenos, cored and seeded

2 cups apple-cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
2 pouches liquid pectin

3 drops of green or red food coloring (optional)

Wearing gloves, wash, seed, and core the jalapenos. Leave seeds in 1-2 peppers if you like it hotter!
Puree them in a food processor with 1 cup of vinegar.
Pour into a medium sized pot.
Add the other cup of vinegar and all the sugar.
Bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
Allow to boil for 10 minutes.* Add the pectin and let it rapidly boil for one minute.
Remove from heat and skim the top if needed.
If desired, you can add food coloring.
Ladle jelly into clean, warm canning jars leaving a 1/4″ head space.
Wipe the rim of the jar and put on sterile lid.
Screw on the top.
Put in water bath for 10 minutes. Remove, let cool, and check for good seal.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #1030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Toffee is done!! I am pooped so I am going to skip the pretzle rods and just make peanut clusters. I was thinking of making some peppermint bark but I dunno. LOL I want to get all this crap out of my house!
Lony....I'm pooped also! I have decided that I really don't enjoy the candy making part anymore. Next year, as I told Melinda I'll just buy the candy from Russell Stover!!! (this could just be the tiredness speaking at the moment) OR....maybe it is the Little Susie Homemaker in me packing and leaving for a younger kitchen. She might think I am a little *****y in my old age!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #1031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh....I just used the "B" word and I guess they ******* it out!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #1032

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09

soo my sink is shiny gopt the oven self cleaning and dishwasher going Steven just put the last load in the dryer soo i think i will put on my jammies
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Hey have you seen that recipe for Peanut Clusters in the crockpot? My cousin made them and they were declicious and you couldn't tell they were from a crockpot!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #1034
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

soo my sink is shiny gopt the oven self cleaning and dishwasher going Steven just put the last load in the dryer soo i think i will put on my jammies
Wow, Deb! I am just back home and cooking dinner. Having ham, green beans, stuffing and gingerbread. Then will still have a kitchen to clean.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok girls I am going to nap for about an hour. My chocolate should be ready by then.
Ummmm, think it has been longer than an hour. You are oversleeping!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #1036

Hahahaha I am not sleeping. I was being a busy baking elf.

As promised here is a picture of my goodie baskets:
(all freshly made)

Sugar cookies
Lemon blacberry cream cookies
Peanut brittle
Butter toffee
Pecan tassies
Peanut clusters
Rocky road fudge
Peanutbutter fudge
And finally Mint swirl fudge.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #1037

Good God Lonykins that looks better than sex!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
It is way more work! LOL

I am sure glad I was not going to make a lot of stuff this year. Now to do one more box and then I get to clean the kitchen. I should be done about the time Mike gets home.

I am smart though, I made lots of chicken pot pie last night so I would have leftovers tonight
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #1039

Quote:
It is way more work! LOL

I am sure glad I was not going to make a lot of stuff this year. Now to do one more box and then I get to clean the kitchen. I should be done about the time Mike gets home.

I am smart though, I made lots of chicken pot pie last night so I would have leftovers tonight
I don't know Lonykins....I am a foodie....

You deserve a getaway for sure..
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What is sex?

Oh...now I remember. It's cookies and candy all wrapped up in a beautiful package just waiting to be eaten!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #1041
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

kcmama....I made the crock pot peanut clusters today. It was the one and only easy thing I made today. The only thing I would suggest would be not to make them as large as they say. You put 2 tbs. in each cup cake liner. One would be plenty so that they would not be so huge. It makes a huge amount also.

Lony, your basket is lovely!!!!!!!!!! We wouldn't expect anything less from your talented little hands!

Deb...you need to get to feeling better. Refresh my memory. Have you been to the dr. to see what is causing this? Surely they have something to give you to make it go away!! This is no time to be feeling so bad.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Hey, Linda. Occas I catch an episode of DR. Oz, 2-3 times a year maybe. LOL I do like the show. HOw are you feeling after the fall? Getting around any better?
My arm has finally decided that it wants to work right. Whew - what a relief that is - was seriously worried that I had done something to the rotator. The knee is getting better. I baby it - but still use it as much as I think is acceptable. All in all, it was a nasty fall and with this much weight hitting that floor, and not to have hit my head, I feel very grateful. Thanks for asking.

Think I'm going to curtail my watching of Dr Oz, lol - I'm worried enough about all this weight I'm carrying.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
What is sex?

Oh...now I remember. It's cookies and candy all wrapped up in a beautiful package just waiting to be eaten!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum!!!!
Sue you dog! You cannot tell me you don't remember sex. My husband is almost as old as you so you can't pull that bunk on me.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #1044
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heya Ms Linda.. no I don't watch Dr Oz...especially after he was so friggen rude to Gary Taubes....Not everything works for everyone..and he seems to have same plan for everyone..what happens if you don't lose weight.. then what???? Anyway, I am too addicted to Investigation Discovery....all those real life murders.. amazing how many monsters are in this world....

My gum problem is here with me.. if I don't eat ice cream it's ok.. but boy when I do whew!!!! no whitening toothpaste ever never, he says those are the worst.. only sensodyne twice a day...once with baking soda sprinkled on top.. and before I go to bed.. a brush with Fluoride toothpaste... that I have to fill the prescription for.. you brush and don't rinse...that's my routine...I really missed my drinks with ice...so as long as I put in 3 cubes I am ok...but this is nothing compared to other people's worse problems..

How is your knee???

Melinda - I never saw the Gary Taubes show.. Have read his book - but - nothing is working for me. I cut out some of these weight loss articles - don't know why - cause I never can stay with a program. My program has to be portion control, carb control, and calorie control and move my ample backside more.

Oh dear - you mean this is going to be with you forever? Good to know about sensodyne. My last dentist put me on it several years ago because my teeth are so sensitive. I can eat ice cream - and my teeth will ache for a couple days. Then he told me to not rinse the toothpaste off............I cannot believe what a difference it has made for me.

My knee is finally feeling like it's not going to burst. Such a strange sensation. The scar where they did the replacement was bulging and hard. Freaked me out. I do the massage (thanks Eliza) and use heat/cold - I'm very grateful that fall didn't do any permanent damage.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #1045
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I luv toffee covered peanuts..and chocolate too...I really love that bridge mix...where they have the malt balls, nuts, and the ever healthy raisin....but I better stick to sugar free hot chocolate...
costco has the best chocolate covered toffee that I've ever had. And I do love toffee..........sadly. Ds loves it too and always buys 2 jars of it.........so far I have been so good at leaving it alone. I've been using a T of pnb and 75%chocolate to fend off the candy demons. So far, so good.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #1046
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Gee Lony, I have read all the posts - don't think I saw where you asked us all for our addresses so you could send us all your goodies...........sigh.

Everything you made sounded so darn good and fattening.............so guess you are doing us a real favor in the long run. How you manage to make it all and not eat a lot of it - you are a strong lady. Homemade goodies are the best - everyone you're gifting (thanks Mike) lol - is very lucky.

Linda
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #1047

Quote:
Sue you dog! You cannot tell me you don't remember sex. My husband is almost as old as you so you can't pull that bunk on me.
What man ever forgets about sex!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Gee Lony, I have read all the posts - don't think I saw where you asked us all for our addresses so you could send us all your goodies...........sigh.

Everything you made sounded so darn good and fattening.............so guess you are doing us a real favor in the long run. How you manage to make it all and not eat a lot of it - you are a strong lady. Homemade goodies are the best - everyone you're gifting (thanks Mike) lol - is very lucky.

Linda
Awww Linda I am so sorry. How about I put you down for some valentines treats?

Ohhh on your scar, try massaging in some preparation H ointment. It will make your scar much smaller and softer. I sliced my hand from the tip of my thumb to almost my wrist and this dear sweet woman I was doing home care for made me put it on mine and there is no numbness, hardness or any lumpiness at all.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1049

Quote:
What man ever forgets about sex!
LOL I hope I never forget! Granted after my hysterectomy the thought was not there every day but still.....
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
costco has the best chocolate covered toffee that I've ever had. And I do love toffee..........sadly. Ds loves it too and always buys 2 jars of it.........so far I have been so good at leaving it alone. I've been using a T of pnb and 75%chocolate to fend off the candy demons. So far, so good.

Linda
Now that the weather is cooler I have been making my own sugar free hot chocolate....but I would not mind diving into Sue's crockpot! Or that jar of toffee.
Closed Thread